• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i'm done with arenas for a while... 3 wins max on my 25 last arenas... Just finished a 0/3 run with a quasi-otk from a Shaman (Eerie Statue already on the field + Windfury + Bloodlust.)

I don't get it, i feel like i'm playing 7+ wins decks at 1-2/1-2, so frustrating.

I used to be around 5-6 wins on average few months ago.

luoapp

I think i'm done with arenas for a while... 3 wins max on my 25 last arenas... Just finished a 0/3 run with a quasi-otk from a Shaman (Eerie Statue already on the field + Windfury + Bloodlust.)

I don't get it, i feel like i'm playing 7+ wins decks at 1-2/1-2, so frustrating.

Just pick mage, that's guaranteed 3+ wins.

Playing Discardlock for the battlecry quest vs shaman and at one point my hand was MImp Mimp Doomguard SGolem SGolem. Of course I ended up discarding no Golems with the doomguard but still won anyway because I drew 4 cards while pushing a ton of damage. 1k Gold saved up for now.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am REALLY close to putting Justicar in the Midrange Shaman deck.

I honestly think that isn't too bad. While I haven't fought against it much the few times I did were a pain in the ass since when it favors them they can just taunt on demand and go beyond the usual hero power limits(which in turn makes bloodlust better). And this was back when their hero power was always considered bad and before spell power synergy went through the roof.

patchday

(whoops double post ftw)

Think of blocking as sort of attacking in hearthstone. Since in eternal you can't attack minions directly (without the killer keyword), blockers are essentially choosing to attack the attackers. But you can also use multiple blockers to attack a single attacker to ensure they die. When you use multiple blockers, the attacker has the choice to spread the damage in the order they prefer. So it's not entirely blocker advantaged, but pretty much the opposite of hearthstone where it is largely attacker advantaged since attackers can attack minions directly.

weird! Guess I didnt play the game much at all.

They have "soft" lifted the NDA, whatever that means. They also have a discord that anyone can join so... we're okay.

Speaking of solforge, I have like 175k silver in that game after I nuked my duplicates.

just did the same. Now I'm up to 163k silver myself. trying to trade with this other guy for a legendary I need (but could craft as well)

[edit] Weird! Just noticed the same makers of Solforge also makes Ascension which I play all the time on my cell phone. I always felt like the two games shared a bit in common

Dahbomb

I really want you to do it, I always wanted to play justicar on shaman, but don't know what to replace, or if is even worthy
There was a guy that used it on me in the mirror and it just floored me.

I friend requested him to ask him how it's working out for him and he says he likes it. Good in the mirror match and against Zoo like decks because you guarantee the Spell damage totems AND you get to stack up the Spell damage totems (so you can have like 2 spell damage totems on the board).

Against control decks like Warrior you can load up on Taunt totems.

I want to use Justicar just so I don't have to deal with the god damn RNG of the Shaman class. Granted today I had an excellent day playing the deck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I friend requested him to ask him how it's working out for him and he says he likes it. Good in the mirror match and against Zoo like decks because you guarantee the Spell damage totems AND you get to stack up the Spell damage totems (so you can have like 2 spell damage totems on the board).

I want to use Justicar just so I don't have to deal with the god damn RNG of the Shaman class. Granted today I had an excellent day playing the deck.

Yeah espeically in the mirror match that seems like it would be really good. I dunno about against stuff like Druid or Mage, but hey when the ladder is over 50% Shaman, you gotta tech for that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can only Imagine how busted Shaman will be if they get another source of Spell Power. And I think it may happen, with how much Blizard was pushing Spellpower Shaman with Kara.

Dahbomb

I can only Imagine how busted Shaman will be if they get another source of Spell Power. And I think it may happen, with how much Blizard was pushing Spellpower Shaman with Kara.
You don't even have to print it for Shaman, they can print a Spell damage neutral minion that's almost good enough and it will get used.

People are running Kobold Geomancer in Midrange Shaman occasionally. That card is trash but stuff like LS and Maelstrom Portal scale so well and spell damage stacks up really well when you have others in the deck too (and when your hero power can generate it). Not to mention it makes turn 1 Spirit Claw even more powerful.

One thing is for sure... with Karazhan we have learned the value of spell damage and how Blizzard has kinda been right by making trash spell damage minions like Dalaran Mage and Evolved Kobold (in terms of stats not in terms of utility). Hell even that Moonkin card is seeing some play in Druid decks especially the Curator variant. This might finally push Blizzard to nerf Azure Drake.

Raxus

I assume they are going to reveal a bunch of gadgetzan cards this Friday and maybe release news about what they plan to do about standard.

scarlet

I have enough dust to craft one legendary. I'm torn between Ysera and Alex.

I know it depends of what kinda of deck I'm playing. But I just want to know which neutral legendary is more useful in long term play.

Lately I prefer playing Reno mage other than my usual zoolock. I don't play freeze mage and I don't have Thalnos nor Antonidas.

Any suggestions would be very helpful for me. Thank you.

When can I choose a new "champion" after handsomeguy fell of a cliff? Need those packs for dust.

I know it depends of what kinda of deck I'm playing. But I just want to know which neutral legendary is more useful in long term play.

Lately I prefer playing Reno mage other than my usual zoolock. I don't play freeze mage and I don't have Thalnos nor Antonidas.

Alexa is more versatile. I don't even know who runs Ysera except 12000 dust Paladin decks.

patchday

made an awful Astral communion deck that had a really great match against a hunter lol.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/LW4kSkNsKqMvV84Hq4MSMh

Alex

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How would you even nerf Azure Drake? Most balanced card in the game..

Agraavan

Arena is harder than it used to be (or I didn't adapted that well to the new meta), but you definitely is doing something wrong if your winrate is that low.

You should try watching arena players on twitch (Shadybunny, Hafu, GrinningGoat), hear what they have to say in every situation (Shady is especialy throughout in every pick and turn) and do some coop runs with someone you think has a good notion of the game.

patchday

speaking of ysera just had a rogue play that card. never seen a rogue do that I wonder what he was hoping for... At first thought he was a reno-rogue but noticed he played deadly poison twice so went ahead and played Archmage into lethal

https://hsreplay.net/replay/itgmnmraX73KrxDB238kfT

Lots of interesting decks as expected since its the last day of the ladder. Its unfortunate I wont be able to play too much today due too work + halloween activites

sibarraz

Banned

I netdecked a deck on VS which used saraad, granted I didn't liked it that much since at times the spells were not worthy, so I replaced him with justicar, don't know what you think about it

d3a71e9a366b45c280015835b85b55ad.png

btw, we have an shadowverse OT? I want to talk about the game but I don't want to derail this thread

Dahbomb

Yeah we have a Shadowverse OT on the gaming side.

I don't like 477 in Midrange Shaman because usually I want to be playing Azure Drake or some other combinations of cards at 5 mana. I also have Harrison in the deck because there are are lot of weapons going around (including other Shamans) and I have two Lightning Storms to win the mirror. If I want Justicar in there then I definitely want two Lightning Storms.

How would you even nerf Azure Drake? Most balanced card in the game
So balanced that Midrange Shaman, every Dragon deck, Tempo Mage, every Rogue deck, every Druid deck runs two copies of it. It's the most used card in the game by a considerable margin right now.

I would just make it a 3/4. Then it would be in line stat wise.

sibarraz

Banned

I don't like 477 in Midrange Shaman because usually I want to be playing Azure Drake or some other combinations of cards at 5 mana. I also have Harrison in the deck because there are are lot of weapons going around (including other Shamans) and I have two Lightning Storms to win the mirror. If I want Justicar in there then I definitely want two Lightning Storms.

So balanced that Midrange Shaman, every Dragon deck, Tempo Mage, every Rogue deck, every Druid deck runs two copies of it. It's the most used card in the game by a considerable margin right now.

So I should replace the 477 for a harrison and another lightning storm?

Pooya

I climbed from 10 to 5 in Europe last night and that 477 did a LOT of work actually, it's killer in the mirror, oh you hex'd that, I'm actually ok with that. My opponents had it too. It's really good against mage too which is one of the harder match ups. I beat every freeze mage I played against and there were like 5 of them.

There were a whole lot of greedy ass control decks around, they're trying to beat shaman I guess, I think your mid shaman decks need more threats to be able to beat those right now, I actually went ahead and cut tunnel trogg... it was just fine, I made the deck more top heavy with 2 fire elemental instead and in the end I even added bloodlust. Early game seemed redundant actually in my meta.

edit: tip: if you got 50 priest card quest, reroll it... not even in wild you play that many priest card, you play more neutral cards.

Xanathus

King's Krush. Dust or any reason to keep it?

It's not used now but you should keep it because from the way Blizzard designs cards it may become useful later. Think GVG Voidcaller but for Beasts instead of Demons.

edit: tip: if you got 50 priest card quest, reroll it... not even in wild you play that many priest card, you play more neutral cards.
I literally just did that quest with Dragon Priest in Wild, got it done in about 6 games which is equivalent to the 60 gold 6 wins quest.

sibarraz

Banned
If you are facing other Shamans then yeah you want the Harrison and LS.

I was thinking the same, but since I didn't tried to ladder now I keeped my original deck, since all the shamans are already on 5.

I have a winstreak with the deck from 11 to 8, I think that tomorrow I will do the changes since I have more chances of seeing shamans

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah im going to give Scamaz money...

Has anyone here donated to streamers?
I watch lots of Kibler and Reynad and i think they deserve some bucks for the hours of entertainment they provide me. :3

sibarraz

Banned
I watch lots of Kibler and Reynad and i think they deserve some bucks for the hours of entertainment they provide me. :3

I don't feel like streamers give me something worthy enough to donate, also I hate when the streamers do shooutouts to people who donate, feels really insincere

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I am an Amazon Prime member, and therefore Twitch Prime member, and have given my "free" sub to a streamer. That is a way of paying them for their content that guarantees the money is handled by people who know what they are doing. I have no issues with donating to reputable charities or other entities that I think will give me something I want. Capitalism is great and funding content I enjoy is also great. The business model is not the issue. Donating to a known bad business/person is the issue. Scamaz got that nickname for a reason. I don't care to know the exact details of the reason, but the fact that it exists is enough for me to know that I don't need to be involved.

Smilax

What is the focus of a Rogue deck? Is it just controlling the board with all these kill cards, or is it to do combos and deal massive damage? I've been fighting some Rogues that just use kill cards but they hardly have any minions. Then in late game, most give up.

What is the focus of a Rogue deck? Is it just controlling the board with all these kill cards, or is it to do combos and deal massive damage? I've been fighting some Rogues that just use kill cards but they hardly have any minions. Then in late game, most give up.

To control the board while shaping a hand for the combo kill and getting in some amount of incremental damage.
Life is a resource for rogue similarly to Warlock, you can take some hits against most classes to control the board.

Smilax

To control the board while shaping a hand for the combo kill and getting in some amount of incremental damage.
Life is a resource for rogue similarly to Warlock, you can take some hits against most classes to control the board.

Ah ok, that sounds like a lot of fun. I wonder if I can build a good deck around that.

Like half of the Duelyst decks run Spelljammer. That doesn't mean Spelljammer is too good. It just means that Duelyst needs other card draw engine options.

Azure Drake is in the same place. There aren't nearly enough ways to draw a card in Hearthstone that don't suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom