• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here donated to streamers?
I watch lots of Kibler and Reynad and i think they deserve some bucks for the hours of entertainment they provide me. :3

I donated to both Kibler and shadybunny after I got my new job, mainly for keeping me sane while I was jobhunting. It was only a small amount of money both times though.

patchday

Has anyone here donated to streamers?
I watch lots of Kibler and Reynad and i think they deserve some bucks for the hours of entertainment they provide me. :3

thijs cause he's nice and doesnt curse like a sailor. Kibler might seem nice I may try him sometime

but ya I gave thijs my free twitch prime sub

Also donated to Hearthstone deck tracker guys++++

Ah ok, that sounds like a lot of fun. I wonder if I can build a good deck around that.

It requires specific legendaries and epics to work so that depends on your collection

I'd also add that Rogue decks can be difficult to play. You have to balance board control with saving up cards to maximize damage. Once you figure it out though, I don't think there is a more rewarding class to play, at least until Patron Warrior comes back.

CoolOff

It's seriously impressive how often Shamans have the 1-2 combo of Trogg into Totem Golem. I mean, there are usually complaints about how Warrior always has War Axe, but that's a single card.

The last three games I've played have been Shamans with the perfect opener.

rickyson1

Yeah, shadowverse UI was clearly made for mobile and it works there but just a straight port to steam was rather lazy.

I think Eternal is going to be a very solid release. It has a singleplayer campaign free from the start, which serves as a solid tutorial to each of the colors. It has gauntlet, more singleplayer content, that can be done for free to help earn your collection and complete quests. Then it has a singleplayer draft mode. This is in addition to multiplayer draft, ranked ladder and casual. Also, the draft mode is way better than hearthstone's (I haven't actually tried it yet but I've seen kibler drafting) and drafting has the benefit of keeping the cards you draft.

What really works for me is the breadth of the mechanics Eternal manages to achieve without the text being overly-complicated. And how well it has adapted the MTG formula to a digital format. It's not just magic being played digitally, it's a game that has been designed from the ground up to be played that way and the mechanics show it.

For example, permanent stat buffs follow the unit to the grave and if you use a spell to retrieve it (no lol rng, you actually pick the card you want), those stats are still there in your hand and then when you play it again. Same thing for sap. Attachments, on the other hand, are destroyed when the unit leaves the field.

Just a couple other mechanics: target your own cards in hand for buff (example: +1/+1 to a unit or weapon in your hand). Buff the top weapon or minion on your deck with +1/+1. Reduce the cost of the first spell at the top of your deck.

I think players who want a deeper card game than hearthstone or shadowverse (and several others) may fall in love with Eternal. And the f2p model is somehow better than all the above due to gauntlet being free.

from what little I've seen of it Eternal basically combines the depth of magic with the accessibility of hearthstone

sounds much more exciting to me than any of the other stuff coming out

from what little I've seen of it Eternal basically combines the depth of magic with the accessibility of hearthstone

sounds much more exciting to me than any of the other stuff coming out

I think it does. But it also does more because it includes mechanics I don't think can be done in a physical format easily, like permanent buffs persisting across zones (hand, graveyard, in play, and in deck). Which is why warcry is cool (adds +1/+1 to the top minion or weapon).

It also has weapons similar to hearthstone. Relic weapons (different from normal weapons which can only be used on units). But instead of durability, you have unlimited swings as long as you have armor. You can target minions with a relic weapon, but it'll cost you armor. You can only target face if your opponent has zero minions, but when you do it doesn't cost you armor so you have unlimited swings. There are some cards that add armor so they have synergy with weapons. And an opponent can counter a weapon by doing face damage.

Got a golden Shadowcaster from season rewards.

I love those games w/ MalyRogue where you don't care about the combo kill and just tempo your opponents out. Killing a hunter on turn 8 feels so good.

I never get good paladin drafts, and paladin is one of my favorites to draft. In particular, I never get the strong standard cards that make paladin great. Aldors, truesilver, consecrations...

clav

While those are great cards, first on the list should be Coghammer, Keeper, and Shielded Minibot.

I don't see why people bother playing ladder during the end of the season. Just an endless grind of wasting time.

sibarraz

Banned
While those are great cards, first on the list should be Coghammer, Keeper, and Shielded Minibot.

I don't see why people bother playing ladder during the end of the season. Just an endless grind of wasting time.
+

After not playing ladder at all during last week, I wanted to see who far could I get with a final push, I climbed 3 ranks, so I think that is a good time to try getting a good reward

clav

All games are a grind if you don't enjoy it.

Yeah playing this game has made me reconsider purchasing video games in general.

What's the point? It's not really making more people sociable despite attending events.

Why not put in the time to learning a musical instrument, language, or sport?

Then looking at how much time I've been playing video games makes me sad.

+

After not playing ladder at all during last week, I wanted to see who far could I get with a final push, I climbed 3 ranks, so I think that is a good time to try getting a good reward

3 games forward + 3 games backward for me.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm still baffled as to how Secret Hunter is supposed to be particularly good. I don't get it. But I never draw Cloaked Huntress so I guess that's part of it.

Hearthstone is so boring now, and these new quests don't help. I'm just making a pirate deck or whatever to quickly grind them out and then conceding. Hopefully the new set improves things, I'm just having trouble to find the motivation to play.

Dahbomb

I'm still baffled as to how Secret Hunter is supposed to be particularly good. I don't get it. But I never draw Cloaked Huntress so I guess that's part of it.

Hearthstone is so boring now, and these new quests don't help. I'm just making a pirate deck or whatever to quickly grind them out and then conceding. Hopefully the new set improves things, I'm just having trouble to find the motivation to play.
It's an all in face deck with a combo that if you pull it off you auto win the game. Some games you get carried without the combo because you just throw down annoying early game minions and hero power them down.

You have double Tracking in the deck to ensure you pull off the combo with the most consistency.

I personally think the Midrange variant is good too that utilizes Curator to draw some more. Of course it has Azure Drake as the Dragon because Azure Drake.

Rank 5. Apparently October was worm month.

hearthstonescreenshot78sv5.png

bjaelke

Dre

Got a golden Far Sight. Oh well already had two normal copies, but at least it's useful in my Control Shaman.

patchday

Yeah playing this game has made me reconsider purchasing video games in general.

What's the point? It's not really making more people sociable despite attending events.

Why not put in the time to learning a musical instrument, language, or sport?

Then looking at how much time I've been playing video games makes me sad.

Many game companies are very great employers and on the Fortune 100 list etc. Playing games doesn't have to be a waste of time. You can make mods (or make your own games), work as a contractor/freelancer, and eventually get a job in games industry. Just be prepared for crunch if you go to the wrong studio...

Also pro players don't do too bad :D

Many game companies are very great employers and on the Fortune 100 list etc. Playing games doesn't have to be a waste of time. You can make mods (or make your own games), work as a contractor/freelancer, and eventually get a job in games industry. Just be prepared for crunch if you go to the wrong studio...

Also pro players don't do too bad :D

Games industry is like the worst industry to be in as a programmer, isn't it?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Games industry is like the worst industry to be in as a programmer, isn't it?
Dunno man, ive been a programmer on a couple of industries and the best job i've had was as game dev.
I quit the indusitry last year but i hope some day i'll give it another try.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Gold Ancient Shieldbearer
Gold Eviscerate (already had two)
Gold Power of the Wild (...already had two)

welp

patchday

I guess I've gotten off topic. What I do is pace myself. If I could get to rank 5 easily I would but rank 15 is very easy to do so that's where I go at the very least. last month went a little further (rank 14) but then got distracted with the new content in HoTS & Overwatch

Am I the only one that basically just wants dust from the season rewards?

That's all I want. Since I'm saving up for an expansion these extra cards will provide me with some dust to carry on with crafting some cheap Wild cards. I like to do Wild first week of the season to avoid the Standard ladder stampede. Granted it would have been wise to save my dust for the expansion but I like crafting cards.... but I have been saving all my gold :)

Pooya

I got golden snake trap and blood warriors. I'm wondering if bw will ever be playable, it's a worse echo of medivh, that card was so cool. I hope next set they give mage cards like that rather than more lol rng so fun.

patchday

I am hardly a F2P player so I like the shinies. But lots of people use gold cards just for the dust.

I keep all my golden legendaries. They look too good

I also tend to keep my paladin golden cards. Used to really dislike paladin but I crafted Tirion last month so now I'm happy to get a paladin quest lol.

I am tempted to keep this golden doomguard I got but meh I don't play zoolock/discardlock. I enjoy renolock and there's no way I'm running doomguard there I don't think

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one that basically just wants dust from the season rewards?

I don't have a single non-basic golden card, though I am somewhat close to having a complete collection of non-golden cards. I only keep them around if I don't have a non-golden replacement, which until the nerf was only Yogg for me.

Personally I really prefer the flexibility to play everything instead of having the visual upgrade.

wiibomb

I got a misdirection and a Demonfuse for the rewards...

I didn't know misdirection was from the classic set, I opened countless packs from classic and never got one (neither an Auchenai Souldpries), there are rares among rares, right?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I got golden snake trap and blood warriors. I'm wondering if bw will ever be playable, it's a worse echo of medivh, that card was so cool. I hope next set they give mage cards like that rather than more lol rng so fun.

With Arcane Giants, Blood Warriors is way more playable now. Not ultra-competitive but you can definitely grind the ladder with it if you're good enough.

wiibomb

So, I didn't do this choose your champion stuff before. Who do I choose? I only know 1 of these people.

which one is in your mind?

Che0nsu, hotMEOWTH and Amnesiac seem to have good chances.

of course it could go the Thijs path anytime with anyone.
fuck me

Hycran

Banned

You got two epics from your reward? Whythefuckyoulyin.gif

patchday

I only recognize Amnesiac by name but I don't know if he's any good.

If you are from China and love priest/pally go Hamster. Just keeps in mind he "just wants to make friends and promote unused decks". Plus he doesnt care bout winning.
If you are an American patriot like me go Hotmeow or Amnesiac. Although I think Amnesiac has the edge. I love his detailed analysis of his opponents

might make a smurf just so I can vote Amnesiac. plus smurf can be used for golden portrait farming (shaman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom