• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know w do TGT cards move into Wild? Is it January 1st, or some other random date?

Just been looking through some of the cards that'll be missing from Standard when it goes. I know it gets shit on a bit but Living Roots, Bear Trap, Arcane Blast, Burgle, Totem Golem, Thunder Bluff Valiant, Bash, Justicar, Argent Horserider and Refreshment Vendor all still get played at the moment to varying success.

And that's not counting the BRM cards.

release of the first new set in 2017

So April-ish? Wonder if it's worth crafting Justicar then for my Not-Very-Controlling Warrior deck...

patchday

So April-ish? Wonder if it's worth crafting Justicar then for my Not-Very-Controlling Warrior deck...

I wouldn't do it because

- For all we know new expansion comes out Jan 1st
- Control warrior matches (like any control set) can go forever++. Even against a fragile mage. Yes Control Warrior will no doubt win when boosted by Justicar but they usually have to burn me out of cards
- Control warrior no longer deemed tier 1 due to troubles with Shaman totem spam

Wait for Blizzcon at very least and then decide. It's the most logical decision no question! Blizzon is like a few days getting ready for my flight there in a bit (well Thursday I fly out with friends)

Wait for Blizzcon at very least and then decide. It's the most logical decision no question! Blizzon is like a few days getting ready for my flight there in a bit (well Thursday I fly out with friends)

True, very true.

Might just spend the next few days giving ranked a proper try for the first time ever instead of second guessing my decks. Highest I've been is 14 or 13, if I remember.

IIRC, Kripp was claiming that both BRM and LOE along with TGT are getting out of Standard when the new "year" starts whenever that is. So basically a bunch of staples will be leaving, significantly redefining the meta game. And that's before we see the impact of the new expansion.

Dahbomb

Yeah all of this isn't a guess or speculation, it's what will actually happen unless Blizzard decides to make some changes from their intended path.

patchday

IIRC, Kripp was claiming that both BRM and LOE along with TGT are getting out of Standard when the new "year" starts whenever that is. So basically a bunch of staples will be leaving, significantly redefining the meta game. And that's before we see the impact of the new expansion.

yeah Kripp has been emphatically advising not to craft legendaries from these packs at this late juncture. But we'll find more scoop soon at blizzcon

bjaelke

Yeah all of this isn't a guess or speculation, it's what will actually happen unless Blizzard decides to make some changes from their intended path.

They basically confirmed that they've no intention to do so with their recent changes to the competitive scene.
Championships Synced with Standard – We’d like to keep the tournament meta fresh and exciting, and we will work toward aligning the HCT tournaments with our Standard Year and its associated content releases. What this means for next year is that each of the global Season Championships will take place during its own content cycle. This also means that the next World Championship will take place at the end the upcoming Standard year in early 2018.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah. If Blizzard follows their current model, Standard will rotate when they release the new expansion. So BRM, TGT, and LOE will be gone. What will remain is Classic, Old Gods, Karazhan, and the new expansion.

So Blizzard will probably announce the new expansion at Blizzcon, and we'll get a drip drip of card reveals until mid or late January I guess? Then the expansion releases.

clav

Many game companies are very great employers and on the Fortune 100 list etc. Playing games doesn't have to be a waste of time. You can make mods (or make your own games), work as a contractor/freelancer, and eventually get a job in games industry. Just be prepared for crunch if you go to the wrong studio...

Also pro players don't do too bad :D

All a giant waste of time before the inevitable.

Might as well meet some people in real life on the way.

gutshot

Yeah. If Blizzard follows their current model, Standard will rotate when they release the new expansion. So BRM, TGT, and LOE will be gone. What will remain is Classic, Old Gods, Karazhan, and the new expansion.

So Blizzard will probably announce the new expansion at Blizzcon, and we'll get a drip drip of card reveals until mid or late January I guess? Then the expansion releases.

There will be two expansions released before the rotation. This Gadgetzan one they are going to announce on Fri and which will probably release in early Dec plus another one in Feb/Mar of 2017.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There will be two expansions released before the rotation. This Gadgetzan one they are going to announce on Fri and which will probably release in early Dec plus another one in Feb/Mar of 2017.

I guess that's possible. They've only released two expansions this year so far. I just wasn't expecting that quick of a turnaround for a full card expansion given how the rollouts of TGT and Old Gods went. Maybe Blizzcon shortens their hype schedule.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this Standard Rotation is going to hurt so much more than the last one. LOE and BRM have a lot of amazing cards in them, and so far I don't see anything in Old Gods that would replace them. Hopefully they print a lot of cool stuff in this new expansion to replace those becuase we are losing some of the best designed cards in the game IMO.

I guess that's possible. They've only released two expansions this year so far. I just wasn't expecting that quick of a turnaround for a full card expansion given how the rollouts of TGT and Old Gods went. Maybe Blizzcon shortens their hype schedule.

If I recall we didn't have to wait too long after GvG was announced to it being released. December seems reasonable to me.

manhack

I guess I've gotten off topic. What I do is pace myself. If I could get to rank 5 easily I would but rank 15 is very easy to do so that's where I go at the very least. last month went a little further (rank 14) but then got distracted with the new content in HoTS & Overwatch

Rank 5 is not easy to get, despite the fact I already hit Rank 13 today in just over 10 games. Got lucky as hell with a N'zoth Shaman deck that was eating up aggro decks for lunch.

Typically it takes me anywhere from 150 to 200 games to hit Rank 5 because I don't usually run top meta decks. If you do then it can go a little faster.

There is a ton of advice out there on how to rank up, but usually it all boils down to hitting that play button as much as you can.

bjaelke

GVG and League of Explorers were both announced at Blizzcon and fully released early December. It will be the same this year.

That's not correct. First release of next year will mark the start of a new standard rotation. Nothing has changes on that front. Each cycle contains 3 releases (Old Gods, Karazhan and "Gadgetzan"). Whatever is announced on the other side of New Years isn't part of this rotation. And it wont be before April.
Rather than continuing a cadence of expansion-adventure-expansion-adventure, Blizzard lays out a timeline with two expansions per year — one at the start, one near the end — and a single adventure between them.

gutshot

GVG and League of Explorers were both announced at Blizzcon and fully released early December. It will be the same this year.

That's not correct. First release of next year will mark the start of a new standard rotation. Nothing has changes on that front. Each cycle contains 3 releases (Old Gods, Karazhan and "Gadgetzan"). Whatever is announced on the other side of New Years isn't part of this rotation. And it wont be before April.

Right. I did know that but wasn't very clear with my post. The first expansion of next year will obviously be a part of the rotation and not "before" it.

I mostly just wanted to note that the expansion being announced on Friday will definitely not be held until Jan. That would be too long of a wait from announcement to release and would also force the rotation to occur a lot earlier than expected.

bjaelke

M50DBAXHQS0L1477975263820.png
http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20355654/the-gadgetzan-gazette-vol-32-9-01-11-2016

clav

You know what could improve Hearthstone?

A post game stat screen that shows opponent's deck + cards were in hand.

patchday

All a giant waste of time before the inevitable.

Might as well meet some people in real life on the way.

I'm confused? You can make friends in real life from gaming. You and I are getting off topic a little but to bring this back to the thread I will give examples:

- Go to conventions like dreamhack / blizzcon you will meet gamers in real life.
- Go to fireside gatherings. I've been to one it was fun

Also we have established, like with any passion, gaming can be turned into a career (pro, modding -> games industry, etc)

clav

I'm confused? You can make friends in real life from gaming. You and I are getting off topic a little but to bring this back to the thread I will give examples:

- Go to conventions like dreamhack / blizzcon you will meet gamers in real life.
- Go to fireside gatherings. I've been to one it was fun

Also we have established, like with any passion, gaming can be turned into a career (pro, modding -> games industry, etc)

You don't need to pay money to meet people.

I went to one, and it just turned into a fest where familiars hang out with each other, and outsiders are just kinda left out, especially when they went by themselves.

patchday

^ lol that was not my experience at Dreamhack Austin. Granted I went with a group of friends.

I don't want to get too far off topic so feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like

Dahbomb

You know what could improve Hearthstone?

A post game stat screen that shows opponent's deck + cards were in hand.
Or a Replay mode that does all of that for you.

Then you can exactly calculate how lucky your opponent got. Like my experiences playing a Malchezzar Warrior yesterday, dude always top decked the right answer despite having a diluted deck.

That was the second time in my HS that I lost a run back game.

clav

Asking for a replay is too much, so a dev can hide behind a complex excuse.

A tiny change of showing a list and cards in hand isn't much to ask.

^ lol that was not my experience at Dreamhack Austin. Granted I went with a group of friends.

I don't want to get too far off topic so feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like

I'm sure sure your experience is different without friends.

Try living without friends for 5+ years.

Dahbomb

Asking for a replay is too much, so a dev can hide behind an excuse.

A tiny change of showing a list and cards in hand isn't much to ask.
Other card games have it. Most competitive games have it as a default feature. It's kinda ridiculous the game doesn't have it by now.

clav

Then meet half way and add a stat screen.

Someone out there doesn't care.

When devs don't care, then why should its users care? Why do users still play at all then?

patchday

Other card games have it. Most competitive games have it as a default feature. It's kinda ridiculous the game doesn't have it by now.

which games? I've only seen this feature in Duelyst.

Hearthstone deck tracker works fine for me. But yeah even League of Legends doesnt have built in replay.

I'd rather they focus on other features I guess but guess mobile users could use replay

Dahbomb

Lol doesn't have replay? Wow... DOTA 2 has it and it's god damn excellent.

The YGO online versions had replay though they have been taken down.

gutshot

HotS has a replay feature too, I believe.

Hearthstone should definitely have one. Relying on a third-party solution for that is amateurish.

patchday

Yeah LoL has 3rd party tools that only work in some regions

And yes dota 2 is unparalleled in almost every way possible

JesseZao

Green mana? Jade mentioned in the article. Has a crystal in the advertisement. Maybe it's related to under city element.

So we can have ruby mana, jade mana... Maybe then jasper, onyx, quartz, etc? Maybe each type is generated a different way. Maybe it's a way to introduce colors a la MTG. Could be a fun space to explore.

I could see battlecries/spells that turn x "neutral" crystals a certain color that can then be consumed by powerful color mana cards.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
yeah Kripp has been emphatically advising not to craft legendaries from these packs at this late juncture. But we'll find more scoop soon at blizzcon

They will likely still be around for 4 to 5 months. People make it out like thats no time at all.

sibarraz

Banned
To be fair, TGT must have the worse legendaries of any expansion, the only ones worth crafty now are justicar and chillmaw, and those are with a big if, since they are not that played

Shinypogs

I don't play paladin, what sort of pally decks does Ragnaros light lord go in, I've only seen it with divine shield paladins?

Also got a golden repentance and a bunch of other pally secrets recently. Can I build a secret based paladin deck like I have for hunter? I know secret paladin is a thing in wild but I assume that's because of cards in wild that make it broken.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that I'm not alone in hoping that they don't add weird new mana types unless they plan on extending them beyond just 1 set. Like the C'thun cards and some of the other things that have only been used in one expansion, there are lots of cool things that could be done with these mechanics. Stuff like Discover, Buffing/Debuffing minions (wherever they are), and Tribes could really use lots more support going forward.

With BRM & co. rotating out, we basically lose the imporant aspects of the Dragon tribe making it mostly a few cards and some very very high cost cards. Pretty worthless tribe there. Mechs are already basically gone with GvG gone. Murlocs and Beasts are pretty sad but at least you can play a lot of them. The game could use some support for the mechanics that it already has rather than introducing new ones which will be forgotten 3 months later again.

I don't play paladin, what sort of pally decks does Ragnaros light lord go in, I've only seen it with divine shield paladins?

Also got a golden repentance and a bunch of other pally secrets recently. Can I build a secret based paladin deck like I have for hunter? I know secret paladin is a thing in wild but I assume that's because of cards in wild that make it broken.

Goes along the evil Rag, Thiridon and some other Legendaries. Net cost above 12.000 dust.

Tacitus_

Ahh, new season. Discardlock has a juggler on board and I play an Acolyte of Pain. He ignores it and just plays minions. Three card Acolyte on turn 3

patchday

They will likely still be around for 4 to 5 months. People make it out like thats no time at all.

I still think it's crazy to not wait on blizzcon. There might be something more useful to craft in the expansion

Now if this was a classic or wotg card I'd be like coo.

inky

Fucking YGO offline games 10 years ago had replay functions. I keep saying there's no excuse for HS not to have one, especially with all this esports focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom