• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I wonder what people will think of the new expansion cards? There is so many other card games flooding the market now. I literally can't even find them all.

Just heard bout Alteil Horizons other day. And that Eternal screen Möbius posts looks pretty

Dahbomb

I wonder what people will think of the new expansion cards? There is so many other card games flooding the market now. I literally can't even find them all.

Just heard bout Alteil Horizons other day. And that Eternal screen Möbius posts looks pretty
Well Karazhan is widely considered as the worst expansion Blizzard has released so at the very least Blizzard can't just phone it in anymore.

It feels like some or more of these things have to happen for the new expansion to be received well:

*New mechanics/keywords. We are long over due for something.
*Less RNG big swing cards. Blizzard has been lowering RNG since after GVG but then somehow stopped with Karazhan. With them specifically stating that it's not fun to play against Tuskar Totemic, I think they may have finally realized that big swing RNG cards are not fun anymore.
*Cards that shake up the status quo, mainly flashy Priest and Rogue cards like they alluded to.
*Powerful anti aggro and tempo cards, hopefully some efficient board clears too.
*Common Mage cards that are terrible in Arena.
*Strong Legendaries because everyone always focuses on the Legendaries even though it's the commons/rares that make a bigger impact most of the time.
*No blatant power creep cards over basic cards but we all know this is not going to happen.
*No more direct damage, charger or powerful spell damage card. Especially if Blizzard is insistent on board centric game play.

Realistically speaking unless some drastic changes are made, the existing decks will become more efficient, faster and with less weaknesses. That's what happens after every expansion without a rotation. I think if they give Paladins better early game then we may see return of Secret Paladin so they probably have to be careful about that.

Ladekabel

I put an Earthen Ring Farseer in my Priest. So far it was pretty useful. Either heals a Blademaster or a ping with Auchenai. That was rank 20-18 though against a few Shamen.

Questing Adventurer step aside.

.eJwNx1EOwiAMANC7cABKEaTuMqZhDcPAWKB-Ge-u7-99zHs2s5lD9VobwF5XHnO3S8fkIraMUZrwVZfNowOrcj66nLoA74gxBedcxEju4Ql8uCF6-iclSo4CgajMk9uz18m5iX1dxXx_KuYl7Q.z2Row2OvEtShQBSUvs9HMYMkFqI

Technically questing adventurer analog is awakened student (empower: +1/+1).

Which game is that?

Shinypogs

I'm starting to think mercy priests are a thing, after 2-4 losses blizzard just throws a priest at you so you can have 1 win and regain your confidence and focus. Not sure how that works if your normally play as priest though, mercy rogues?

Pooya

All of these Blizzcon leaks, nothing on HS, lame.

You got two epics from your reward? Whythefuckyoulyin.gif

I play on two ladders (NA/EU) and get two chests, gitgud.

I'm starting to think mercy priests are a thing, after 2-4 losses blizzard just throws a priest at you so you can have 1 win and regain your confidence and focus. Not sure how that works if your normally play as priest though, mercy rogues?

Are you suggesting rogue is a good match up for priest? lol.

I put an Earthen Ring Farseer in my Priest. So far it was pretty useful. Either heals a Blademaster or a ping with Auchenai. That was rank 20-18 though against a few Shamen.

Which game is that?

Eternal. It's in closed beta atm, being developed by ex-MTG pros and same developer as elder scrolls legends.

ERF in priest is pretty old school.

Shinypogs

Are you suggesting rogue is a good match up for priest? lol.

I play neither class ( just zoolock, secret hunter and a cheap attempt at freeze mage) I've always heard ( since I started back in I think June?) priest and rogue were the weakest two classes so I assumed priest would do best against the second weakest deck. I had no idea rogue was supposed to be a bad matchup for them normally.

I play neither class ( just zoolock, secret hunter and a cheap attempt at freeze mage) I've always heard ( since I started back in I think June?) priest and rogue were the weakest two classes so I assumed priest would do best against the second weakest deck. I had no idea rogue was supposed to be a bad matchup for them normally.

Rogue is much stronger than Paladin atm, I still don't understand why it's being undersold so much by the various meta analyses.

Priest eats paladin for breakfast and then shits on them.

Pooya

Rogue is like auto lose for priest, it's extremely hard. Like it might even look you're winning then you lose two turns later, that's how bad it is.

Decent match ups for priest could be control warrior and that depends on the builds really, it's not exactly easy. Paladin is good for priest, their biggest threats are worthless and a liability even unless they play murloc which is what everyone plays these days and that's pretty much auto lose for priest if the paladin player plays it correctly. I think that's about it, priest is good against board based aggro decks usually like zoolock but it's inconsistent.

Did I miss that 1000 gold entry arena or did it not happen yet?

I think they did want to do it the week they revealed it. Maybe the backlash or technical issue did cause a delay. But it couldn't be this week due to blizzcon group stages. Maybe they'll do it this week because it won't interfere as much with blizzcon.

Pooya

they should just keep it until new set is out, it's just like 3 more weeks after Blizzcon anyway and it makes for a good launch event.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just as an FYI, Dahbomb and I will be doing our Karazhan re-review stream hopefully sometime this week before Blizzcon on Friday. Possibly as early as tonight if the stars align.

You can follow me on Twitch to get a notification when we start.

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

patchday

Well Karazhan is widely considered as the worst expansion Blizzard has released so at the very least Blizzard can't just phone it in anymore.

It feels like some or more of these things have to happen for the new expansion to be received well:

*New mechanics/keywords. We are long over due for something.
*Less RNG big swing cards. Blizzard has been lowering RNG since after GVG but then somehow stopped with Karazhan. With them specifically stating that it's not fun to play against Tuskar Totemic, I think they may have finally realized that big swing RNG cards are not fun anymore.
*Cards that shake up the status quo, mainly flashy Priest and Rogue cards like they alluded to.
*Powerful anti aggro and tempo cards, hopefully some efficient board clears too.
*Common Mage cards that are terrible in Arena.
*Strong Legendaries because everyone always focuses on the Legendaries even though it's the commons/rares that make a bigger impact most of the time.
*No blatant power creep cards over basic cards but we all know this is not going to happen.
*No more direct damage, charger or powerful spell damage card. Especially if Blizzard is insistent on board centric game play.

Realistically speaking unless some drastic changes are made, the existing decks will become more efficient, faster and with less weaknesses. That's what happens after every expansion without a rotation. I think if they give Paladins better early game then we may see return of Secret Paladin so they probably have to be careful about that.

yeah fought a golden paladin in Wild last night. I felt like I was against Superman (I was on my mage running duplicate and rag). I literally had like 3 ragnaros (2 at once) out on the field and somehow he smites them all and just maintained nice board control.

Just as an FYI, Dahbomb and I will be doing our Karazhan re-review stream hopefully sometime this week before Blizzcon on Friday. Possibly as early as tonight if the stars align.

You can follow me on Twitch to get a notification when we start.

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

yeah following...

Dahbomb

blizzcon final decklist is out

http://www.hearthhead.com/news/updated-world-championship-decklists-for-blizzcon

As expected Amnesiac ditch his removal warrior, switch to discardzoo

Hotmeowth weirdly bring Arcane giant warrior tho

I guess he read the meta everyone switch to zoo and dragon warrior
Man that Hotmeowth Warrior deck... wut. The craziest thing about it is that it only has one copy of Grim Patron and then has one copy of Blood Warriors.

That's such a risky deck to bring at this stage of the tournament.

He put Barnes in his Tempo Mage, at least he knows what's up.

The Midrange Shaman list is kinda suspect too.

In general seems like people have stopped bringing Control Warrior and Yogg after the performance of the last tournament.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
My boy Pavel looking good so far. Got that Spell druid and Maly Rogue, even has Firelands portal and water elementals in the tempo mage. I'm liking it.

patchday

Druid had naturalise before that. While their hard removal isn't great, it's never been non-existent. What Druid sucked at was board clearing medium sized and above minions, which is something paladin has in spades.

and Paladin had direct damage cards before yet hasn't gotten much in that vein since or has it ever been particularly good. Paladin actually is rather ill suited for control since most of its removal is 2 card based which leaves you at a card disadvantage often enough, or truesilver which does not grant immunity.
Paladin is also bad at clearing above medium sized threats. The class also has little way of protecting a Doomsayer.

Asking for hard removal isn't too much to ask when every other class gets it. Even rogue has bad hard removal.

patchday

My boy Pavel looking good so far. Got that Spell druid and Maly Rogue, even has Firelands portal and water elementals in the tempo mage. I'm liking it.

omg I'm so jealous you picked Pavel. I thought bout going with him since I've used his deck in the past but wanted to stick with the NA

But that must've been a real nail bitter though since he lost his first matchup but then found his stride

Ladekabel

Eternal. It's in closed beta atm, being developed by ex-MTG pros and same developer as elder scrolls legends.

ERF in priest is pretty old school.

Eternal looks nice. Might try it if it releases.

Yeah, ERF in Priest is something I saw in Priest lists pre GvG or whenever I played Hearthstone first. Decided to put one back in because it's Priest so whatever.

Pooya

That giant warrior should be favored against druid and even mage and everyone has them, it's not a bad choice imo, patrons beat zoo most of the time if you have a decent hand too. Actually If he can get patrons out on 6 he can beat everything DrHippi has, he no longer plays control warrior. It can beat itself with unplayable draws though and that will happen at least once. In my experience play that deck, I'm never lucky to get patrons out that fast but he's a pro on a high roll streak, he probably can!

Par Score

The next expansion needs more cards like Loatheb, stuff that messes with your opponent pre-emptively (rather than reactively like secrets).

I'm hoping this Red Mana Crystal business is hinting that there's going to be a lot more mana fuckery going on.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think i hadnt seen HotMEWOTH warrior deck before... @__@

Also props to Hamster for stickin' to his guns...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Healing wave in cheOnsu midrange shaman's an interesting inclusion. I bet the freeze mage matchup in the VS report would look a lot better if shaman started copying that. I guess cheOnsu thought it was good for other matchups too, probably Maly Druid, Hunter, and Tempo Mage.

I do wonder if midrange shaman could get around 50% for every matchup if they cared to tech for it, but don't because there aren't enough Freeze Mages out there to make it worth it.

Dahbomb

Healing wave in cheOnsu midrange shaman's an interesting inclusion. I bet the freeze mage matchup in the VS report would look a lot better if shaman started copying that. I guess cheOnsu thought it was good for other matchups too, probably Maly Druid, Hunter, and Tempo Mage.

I do wonder if midrange shaman could get around 50% for every matchup if they cared to tech for it, but don't because there aren't enough Freeze Mages out there to make it worth it.
Midrange Shaman can easily tech against Freeze Mage, just put in Eater of Secrets, Ragnaros, 477 and some more burn damage. But you make your other match ups a bit weaker and it's not worth it on Ladder or even in tournaments.

That giant warrior should be favored against druid and even mage and everyone has them, it's not a bad choice imo, patrons beat zoo most of the time if you have a decent hand too. Actually If he can get patrons out on 6 he can beat everything DrHippi has, he no longer plays control warrior. It can beat itself with unplayable draws though and that will happen at least once. In my experience play that deck, I'm never lucky to get patrons out that fast but he's a pro on a high roll streak, he probably can!
He only has one copy of Patron in the deck, that's what gets me the most.

sibarraz

Banned
More than new keywords, I would love to see retoolings of older one.

Like charge for example, I like how in shadowverse there is a difference between rush (only minions) and storm (whatever you want) joust will rotate out soon, so no need to change it. Also there should be better cards with inspire

bjaelke

Each player is given Dorothee, which grants Charge to minions on one side and Taunt to the other. Build a 10 card deck and we'll give you three copies of each.

You start with 10 armor.
Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom