• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

They're always so late with their expansion/adventure themed brawls. These should be keyed up for the release week.

Looks like a fun one.

Pooya

I won with shaman playing fwf, totem golem, earth elemental, eerie statue, ancient watcher, hex and other stuff. It worked quite well, your hero power always has taunt so that's pretty good too. I assumed people some face deck and my opponent was pirate warrior.

They're always so late with their expansion/adventure themed brawls. These should be keyed up for the release week.

The dumb part is that this brawl was patched in along with Karazhan 3 months ago already. It was there all this time.

So I was thinking last night about what kind of cards Blizzard could introduce in the next expansion. I don't know how viable it might be, but how about a 0-mana spell -- let's call it "Impede" -- that lets you see three cards in your opponent's deck, pick one, and increase its mana cost by two? Kind of like a reverse Innervate, but with some extra info built in but it's not immediately impactful.

It could be interesting and would be great to increase the cost of Emporer or Auctioneer to slow some decks down, or snipe away 9- or 10-mana cards.

Thoughts?

Oh you charge it and then it comes back as taunt? Yeah... pretty good. I guess its time to run some Owls for silences.

Not even that, it comes back in the same position that it died. If you charge it you can clear everything no questions asked.

Pair it with Knife Juggler and...yeah.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Not even that, it comes back in the same position that it died. If you charge it you can clear everything no questions asked.

Pair it with Knife Juggler and...yeah.

damn

not worth the 400 dust to craft one just for this brawl, unfortunately

Dahbomb

I played Demon Handlock.

Dark Peddler
Imp Gang
Void Caller
Hellfire
Twilight Drake
Dreadsteed
Healbot
Siphon Soul
Dr Boom
Malganis

wiibomb

this is the second time there are enchanted fields in a brawl..

I think next expansion will have this idea as the main feature

JesseZao

First try with shaman.

Ancient watcher and Nerubian egg are pro brakes. Charge windfuries are ace. Tuskar and Thing just seal it up.

Board enchantes would be fun. I hope the coloured mana is true as well.

Dahbomb

Summoned units from hand or otherwise are always placed on the Taunt side, just FYI. So Malganis always appears as a taunt when summoned from Void Caller.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Every brawl is broken either through flamewaker or freeze mage. If you think you've found a more broken strategy than one of those, you're probably wrong.

Dahbomb

what the hell.. if someone play dreadsteed... will they get infinite taunts?
Yeah but Dreadsteed on Charge side is better. They can never have a board with Steed on Charge side.

Every brawl is broken either through flamewaker or freeze mage. If you think you've found a more broken strategy than one of those, you're probably wrong.
Nah I actually think Dreadsteed might be the most broken in this Brawl. But the good thing is that you can play Patron + Frothing Berserker to OTK them if they play Dreadsteed and it's not on the Taunt side.

I don't even think Freeze Mage is good in this Brawl. Every minion can have Charge and FM is not very minion heavy. You can probably put Eerie Statues in FM to stop the aggression but really, it's difficult to hold off the aggression and kill them on time. Remember that everyone starts off with 10 armor which hurts FM more.

Dahbomb

Or just play Priest and Cabal the Dreadsteed for auto win.

Turn 4 this board state against Paladin..

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_02_16_12_28_15.png

FUN AND INTERACTIVE!!!

clav

Yeah but Dreadsteed on Charge side is better. They can never have a board with Steed on Charge side.

Nah I actually think Dreadsteed might be the most broken in this Brawl. But the good thing is that you can play Patron + Frothing Berserker to OTK them if they play Dreadsteed and it's not on the Taunt side.

I don't even think Freeze Mage is good in this Brawl. Every minion can have Charge and FM is not very minion heavy. You can probably put Eerie Statues in FM to stop the aggression but really, it's difficult to hold off the aggression and kill them on time. Remember that everyone starts off with 10 armor which hurts FM more.

Play Patron and hope player doesn't draw Hellfire.

That's what happened to me.

Never draw the things you want by turn 8.

edit: I guess you could clear by fulling the board and killing them 1 by 1 to 3/1 and then pick them off from there.

Dahbomb

This dude managed to get two Thaddius on the taunt side.

I never had to click that fast in a HS game in my life. The APM was off the charts!

bjaelke

I really want Mill Rogue to work in this brawl but the 10 card limit and the ability to charge minions has put that idea to shame.

Coldlight
Gang Up
Prep
Sap
Evis
Vanish
Healbot
Backstab
Deathlord
Dancing Swords

wiibomb

my coworker just got Prophet Velen from his classic pack...

He already had it and he just have 2 legendaries... how maddening can that be?

ricelord

this is a warrior brawl lol.

tentacle of nzoth
ancient watcher
battle rage
echoing ooze
fiery war axe
blood warriors
frothing berserker
protect the king
ravaging ghoul
magnataur alpha

A Priest Purify/Silence deck could work. Ancient Watcher, Eerie Statue, Auchenai, Shadow Madness, Cabal, Mind Control if the game is still going on.

Could also use Mind Vision/Thoughtsteal/Mindgames to get a Dreadsteed.

Xanathus

Here's my current brawl list if anyone wants to cancer it up. It's extremely good but you have to play it differently based on your opponent. I think I'm done for the week.

Undertaker
Ancient Watcher
Darkbomb
Knife Juggler
Light's Champion
Dreadsteed
Spellbreaker
Antique Healbot
Sylvanas Windrunner
Ragnaros the Firelord

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Here's my current brawl list if anyone wants to cancer it up. It's extremely good but you have to play it differently based on your opponent. I think I'm done for the week.

Undertaker
Ancient Watcher
Darkbomb
Knife Juggler
Light's Champion
Dreadsteed
Spellbreaker
Antique Healbot
Sylvanas Windrunner
Ragnaros the Firelord

Wow, this is disgusting.

Dahbomb

Wow, this is disgusting.
I like Void Caller, Baron Rivendale, Dr Boom and Malganis in the deck too. Some people try to burn you out and Void Caller into Malganis shuts that down.

Baron Rivendale I got in there because now you have people Silencing the Dreadsteeds to counter it so I just duplicate a few of them.

I won 10 games in row with this more refined list from my previous one:

Knife Juggler
Imp Gang Boss
Dreadsteed
Baron Rivendale
Healbot
Spell Breaker
Void Caller
Malganis
Sylvanas
Dr Boom

That Undertaker is a nice idea, may try it after a while.

Mulgrok

control priest for brawl

ancient watcher and the 4 mana 7/7 to taunt it up

shadow madness and holy nova for board clearage

pain and death to remove pesky minions

light of the naruu to heal up and create threats

the 4/3 deathrattle copy opponent's card for charging into card advantage

easily beat combo rogue because he couldn't remove the taunts without burning combo pieces. Maybe he could have won if more patient

edit: forgot to mention entomb, because lulz

For the brawl, I'm thinking maybe something with pit snakes and runic eggs. Use the eggs as taunts/card draw and the pit snakes as removal, then 8 other cards to be determined. Maybe a windfury minion plus cold blood.

JesseZao

Undertaker
Ancient Watcher
Darkbomb
Knife Juggler
Light's Champion
Dreadsteed
Spellbreaker
Antique Healbot
Sylvanas Windrunner
Ragnaros the Firelord

I swapped watcher for an egg, healbot for Councilman, and rag for boom. Solid list.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yep can confirm Freeze Mage is not good enough this time around. Flamewaker is also not enough to beat the Dreadsteed shenanigans. I just beat a Freeze Mage through all 3 copies of his Ice block and 2 copies of AI to get burned down to (only) 14. Despite all the lances and Frostbolts in the deck. He might have been able to win with Exodia combo, but either he wasn't running it or didn't get it in time. All I saw from the deck was Frostbolt, AI, Ice Lance, Sorceror's Apprentice, and Fireball. So maybe he had Echo and Antonidas but never drew them? Anyhow Mage def can win, just not against Dreadsteeds, Mal'Ganis and Void Caller.

Fun deck though. The dreadsteed deck is super vulnerable to silences so you can tech that way or be a priest and play "Mr-Steal-Yo-Girl" style. Dunno how many people are running it though atm. Saw Hunters and Paladins as well as Mages today so its possible that Dreadsteed isn't dominant yet (despite me not losing any of my 3 games with it).

Won with this deck:

Silence
Flash Heal
Purify
Ancient Watcher
Resurrect
Eerie Statue
Auchenai Soulpriest
Shadow Madness
Mind Control

Can't remember my tenth card.

cHinzo

I like Void Caller, Baron Rivendale, Dr Boom and Malganis in the deck too. Some people try to burn you out and Void Caller into Malganis shuts that down.

Baron Rivendale I got in there because now you have people Silencing the Dreadsteeds to counter it so I just duplicate a few of them.

I won 10 games in row with this more refined list from my previous one:

Knife Juggler
Imp Gang Boss
Dreadsteed
Baron Rivendale
Healbot
Spell Breaker
Void Caller
Malganis
Sylvanas
Dr Boom

I left out Voidcaller since I don't have Malganis, but this shit is OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom