• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

The first two will never come in an expansion but rather a full retooling of HS (as in HS 2.0).

The rest aside from Tournament mode are certainly doable in an expansion.

More than anything I want Blizzard to surprise/shock me. Come up with something that I haven't thought of or seen before that isn't based on some RNG clown fiesta mechanic.

The arena changes shouldn't be related to an expansion. Different team working on balancing that aspect.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...coming-arena-changes-with-dean-ayala-9-8-2016

Dahbomb

New classes won't happen. They already have serious issues managing nine classes, hell, we never had 9 viable classes at the same time lol. and there is really not much design space left anyway. This will never happen.
What does this even mean in the context of adding new heroes?

Viability is relative. Every class is viable on ladder. Classes are viable in tournaments as well, if Paladin/Priest can make top 8 at Blizzcon then that means they are viable.

Levi

Banned
500px-Resurrect_full.jpg

Pooya

What does this even mean in the context of adding new heroes?

Viability is relative. Every class is viable on ladder. Classes are viable in tournaments as well, if Paladin/Priest can make top 8 at Blizzcon then that means they are viable.

If you're adding a new class, it needs to have its own spin with different abilities. Like what new hero power you could add on the most basic level that makes sense and is balanced against the field? It far too difficult to make anything new now, the best they can hope to achieve is to manage the existing 9 classes to be more in line. There is already not enough things they can add to fill for 9 classes, let alone more or a new one with zero existing cards.

BB already confirmed that they're not even thinking about new classes.

New classes could be fun. Maybe new hero powers

When the classic set was updated to fix some problematic cards, Blade Flurry was changed to no longer deal damage to the enemy hero as well as a crippling cost increase to four mana. This change was focused on opening up design space for a class that thematically should have great weapons. Since the change, we have yet to see a new Rogue weapon introduced, leaving Rogue players wondering if the change was even necessary. Let's hope the next expansion capitalizes on this new freedom and brings weapons back to this melee-focused class

I

Dahbomb

If you're adding new a class, it needs to have its own spin with different abilities. Like what new hero power you could add on the most basic level that makes sense and it's balanced against the field? It far too difficult to make anything new now, the best they can hope to achieve is manage the existing 9 classes to be more in line. BB already confirmed that they're not even thinking about new classes.
Man I can think of like 10 hero powers while taking a dump on the toilet seat. Other people have already done it when coming up with the various Monk/Death Knight classes.

*2 mana: Summon a 1/1 minion with Charge that dies at the end of the turn (it can't attack heroes). The Boar is a 1 mana Beast with Charge, make it ethereal, can't attack face and no tag (well the tag can be class exclusive) and it's roughly 0 mana in power level.

*2 mana: Deal 1 damage to a minion and give it +2 attack (so like 0 mana Inner Rage which is balanced because Mage has "Moonfire" as an ability which is also 0 mana)

*2 mana: Return a friendly minion to your hand, it costs 2 less. Shadowstep but costs 2 mana so balanced.

*2 mana: Give a friendly minion +1 Spell damage and reduce its attack by 2. I think just giving a minion +1 spell damage is too powerful so I put a drawback on it as well.

*2 mana: Equip a 1/1 Weapon that heals for 1 HP when it attacks. Sort of like the Druid hero power but you have the heal effect and if you buff up the weapon you can keep getting heals off of it.

*2 mana: Summon a 2/1 that dies at the end of your next turn. This is like an upgrade Paladin hero power but the minion doesn't last forever like the 1/1.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I want more cards that change your hero power.

Shadowform and justicar are cool cards. You can do crazy stuff with the idea.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They aren't even trying anymore.

9adm71g.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Cardback for buying Blizzcon virtual ticket 2014 is called Blizzard 2014
Cardback for buying Blizzcon virtual ticket 2015 is called Blizzard 2015
Cardback for buying Blizzcon virtual ticket 2016 is called Welcome Inn
Hnnng, my non-clinical OCD!!
It's just lazy, it's such a simple thing from all kinds of sensical perspectives, but they really can't be arsed. It's obvious.

Man I can think of like 10 hero powers while taking a dump on the toilet seat. Other people have already done it when coming up with the various Monk/Death Knight classes.

*2 mana: Summon a 1/1 minion with Charge that dies at the end of the turn (it can't attack heroes). The Boar is a 1 mana Beast with Charge, make it ethereal, can't attack face and no tag (well the tag can be class exclusive) and it's roughly 0 mana in power level.

*2 mana: Deal 1 damage to a minion and give it +2 attack (so like 0 mana Inner Rage which is balanced because Mage has "Moonfire" as an ability which is also 0 mana)

*2 mana: Return a friendly minion to your hand, it costs 2 less. Shadowstep but costs 2 mana so balanced.

*2 mana: Give a friendly minion +1 Spell damage and reduce its attack by 2. I think just giving a minion +1 spell damage is too powerful so I put a drawback on it as well.

*2 mana: Equip a 1/1 Weapon that heals for 1 HP when it attacks. Sort of like the Druid hero power but you have the heal effect and if you buff up the weapon you can keep getting heals off of it.

*2 mana: Summon a 2/1 that dies at the end of your next turn. This is like an upgrade Paladin hero power but the minion doesn't last forever like the 1/1.

I want more cards that change your hero power.

Shadowform and justicar are cool cards. You can do crazy stuff with the idea.
The next Duelyst expansion is themed on BBS (hero power) interactions. Since Bloodborn Spells don't suck like Hearthstone's, I'm expecting the Inspire equivalent to be very viable.

I'm very excited to see their take on the whole thing. :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Yoshichan

It's the effect of Whispers of the Old Gods being very good.

People won't be as fooled for the upcoming expansion.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
*Sometime in January*

"Blizzard's Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™ had record quarterly MAUsA, which grew a double-digit percentage year-over-year.

On December 6th, 2016, Blizzard launched Gadgetzan™, a new Expansion for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, which performed even better than its predecessor."

Dahbomb

Thanks!

---

From Activision Blizzard's financial results: http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=997579

"Blizzard's Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™ had record quarterly MAUsA, which grew a double-digit percentage year-over-year.

On August 11th, 2016, Blizzard launched One Night in Karazhan™, a new Adventure for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, which performed even better than its predecessor."
RIP me.

I am legit shocked that Karazhan out performed LoE.

Dahbomb

Well judging from the main thread in GAF, people liked Karazhan more than LoE because of the writing, presentation and lore.

Now it all makes sense.

The WoW stats are even more shocking. When it comes to big picture stuff and turning in the profits/numbers... Blizzard definitely knows what the hell they are doing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well judging from the main thread in GAF, people liked Karazhan more than LoE because of the writing, presentation and lore.

Now it all makes sense.

LoE is still the BEST set regardless of what anyone else says. It has the best designed cards ever made (so far), and the most fun mechanic (Discover).

Anyone who tries to argue against it being the best is just crazy.

Dahbomb

No matter how much we or Reddit or streamers complain about the game.. we are just a very small percentage of the people who actually play the game or spend money on it.

Just look at this graph for a perspective:

ANT6SOZ1AZCQ1411061634681.png

If most people aren't even rank 15 then do you think the majority cares about the meta impact of Karazhan? At those ranks and below you see a ton of players using Prince Malchazaar.

spoon!

I was just about to say Kara could possibly have been more popular than LoE just because of prince malchazaar giving new players access to playing legendaries.

I swear the innkeeper pic looks sort of like the Monk pose from the Mists of Pandaria box art.

Not surprised about the Karazhan thing. I think it was a great adventure, minus the impact of the cards on the meta (and stupid stuff like Firelands portal in arena)

Shinypogs

That chart has to be old though right, I mean I've made it past rank 15 ( never higher than 13-12 though) several times and being better than 75% of people playing just seems so unlikely for me. I've only been playing since June and I can pretty much only play zoolock and secret hunter competently. It's hard to imagine that what skills I've picked up in determining how to mulligan vs different heroes and unit placement could have placed me above so much of the general crowd in such a short time. Or I play easy and op decks and that carries me *shrugs*

Speaking of Secret hunter, I want more secrets in the next expansion please, it makes my opponents work harder to figure out what I've played and it gives me more challenge to determine what secret is best played when.

For those of you who pre-ordered WotoG did you find it worth it or would you suggest just buying packs with gold and saving real money for adventures only? I've got only 1100 saved up atm so I wouldn't be able to get a tonne of new packs right away but enough to at-least get my foot in the door alongside some dust to craft one or two epics I don't care to wait for.

blizz care for the top end audience, everytime top end flipping table they still felt the need to address it
They care for the top audience because:
1) Competitive streams bring in more players.
2) Streamers cause the game to lose money when they call it bad.

I think that is an old chart. It's even more low rank heavy, as in more people at ranks 15-25 than before. The end of the month stats usually say like .1% for rank 1-3.

Not everyone plays ranked seriously. Then there are people that may only play casual and barely touch rank except to get their card back. Add in people who play mostly arena or tavern brawls... There are probably even a large amount of people who play mainly for adventures too.

The ranked system is just always going to be sorta slanted that way. To consistently rank up you need to have a >50% winrate and spend more time than a lot of people care to.

I hope they really rework hearthstone's arena system. I doubt they will because changes are intimidating to casuals. It'll probably be back end changes at best. Maybe some weighed picks like people are speculating. I think they should scrap the pick system entirely for a draft pool and then you can build your deck from the pool of cards you draft and the option to change between matches.

Let us draft 45 cards and then decide the final deck you use, essentially.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No matter how much we or Reddit or streamers complain about the game.. we are just a very small percentage of the people who actually play the game or spend money on it
Spending money and playing at high ranks are not actually a 1 to 1 mapping. A lot of people just buy packs because they want to have fun with new cards.

If most people aren't even rank 15 then do you think the majority cares about the meta impact of Karazhan? At those ranks and below you see a ton of players using Prince Malchazaar.
This was actually a very well made card for this reason. It let more casual players use a ton of legendaries they don't have.

I hope they really rework hearthstone's arena system. I doubt they will because changes are intimidating to casuals. It'll probably be back end changes at best. Maybe some weighed picks like people are speculating. I think they should scrap the pick system entirely for a draft pool and then you can build your deck from the pool of cards you draft and the option to change between matches.

Let us draft 45 cards and then decide the final deck you use, essentially.

Sealed is definitely not going to get implemented, but if you want something that has that with Hearthstone's modern niceties, I'd suggest Eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom