• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think an alternative arena mode, where they gave you 60 random cards and you had to make the deck with those would be fun. Especially if you were allowed to change your deck up between matches.

Also, I think normal Arena would be better if they stopped putting cards into rarity buckets. Just give people 3 random cards each pick, and every card has the same odds. Rarity doesn't/shouldn't decide card power.

Dahbomb

I think an alternative arena mode, where they gave you 60 random cards and you had to make the deck with those would be fun. Especially if you were allowed to change your deck up between matches.

Also, I think normal Arena would be better if they stopped putting cards into rarity buckets. Just give people 3 random cards each pick, and every card has the same odds. Rarity doesn't/shouldn't decide card power.
Well Legendaries are actually insanely powerful in Arena, you don't want one guy having a bunch of Legendaries vs someone with no Legendaries. So at least for Legendaries, they should be more restricted. At the same time, I feel every draft should guarantee at least one Legendary.

Priest in 2016? https://hsreplay.net/replay/WgNgj6TtZ8A9tDwePie9D3

Sharing mostly cause I had the miracle turn where I cycled a ton of cards, played a 14/14 van cleef, and still had a OTK combo off malygos in hand (which is usually how you beat priest with maly rogue).

Sealed is definitely not going to get implemented, but if you want something that has that with Hearthstone's modern niceties, I'd suggest Eternal.

Yeah, I am waiting on Eternal to hit open beta. I don't wanna play too much before the reset occurs which they said will be at open beta release.

Still, I'd love to see them do something with Hearthstone arena. It doesn't have to be the same as eternal's. Even shadowverse's take two (you draft 2 cards at a time from a selection of 2 different pairs) is refreshing. And I recall talk about them trying to do different formats so maybe this is the kind of thing they'll do.

edit:
Also realize I missed lethal in that replay, I forgot about the shadowstrike when I was playing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Finally bothered to make a new Amazon account for Twitch Prime to get Tyrande. Probably end up using the Watch Dogs 2 stuff so that's a nice bonus.

rahji

I think I am a little bit tired about hearthstone. The game offers me nothing new now and I don't want to go heavy on getting a high rank. I need the expansion asap.
Maybe I dip in into Elder Scrolls: Legends, Magic Duels or Duelyst to get some fresh concepts. Heard nothing bad about them.

Salex_

9BbGYfm.png
Started my first games for this season tonight. This looks like a preview of what the vast majority of my match-ups are going to be just so I collect my 500 dust. I'm not looking forward to this....

I hope they announce a real nerf to Shaman tomorrow along with a worthwhile expansion.

bjaelke

Big fan of this brawl.
Does everyone get the same dailies? The past week whatever I have for daily is the majority of what I face on ladder. Priest quest, 5/6 games against priest. Warrior quest, 5/7 against warrior. Hunter quest, 5/6 against hunter. Druid quest, 3/4 against druid.

I just got Inspire (30 x Hero Power).

Mulgrok

Does everyone get the same dailies? The past week whatever I have for daily is the majority of what I face on ladder. Priest quest, 5/6 games against priest. Warrior quest, 5/7 against warrior. Hunter quest, 5/6 against hunter. Druid quest, 3/4 against druid.

_DrMario_

Yeah I noticed the same thing this week... probably just a coincidence.

I just got Inspire (30 x Hero Power).

WTF I just logged in and got the same quest...

rickyson1

the problem with that is there's tons of cards in the higher rarities that are awful in arena because they are so niche

they got rid of some of them(like astral communion) with the card removals but there's still tons of them out there

cards like feign death,embrace the shadows,anyfin can happen,everyfin is awesome,renounce darkness,cogmaster's wrench,blood warriors etc etc as well as tons of neutrals like summoning stone,big game hunter,junkbot,eerie statue/ancient watcher,book wyrm,grim patron the list goes on and on and the higher rarities are just in general where the complicated cards that need specific things to function well are dumped

I don't see any way to dump the rarity thing without making the arena a worse place,either every single deck would end up with a huge amount of super situational cards that are awful most of the time or there would need to be mass card bans which would ultimately result in there not being many situational cards left in the game at all

Kornflayx

Can we take Yogg out of this game completely please? 3 times in a row where I had 5 minions on board and the opponent yolos out a Yogg and he clears my board, draws on average 3 cards, heals for 10 and buffs his Yogg.

I'm going back to ESL and I hope that the new expansion does something about these ridiculous RNG turns.

Can we take Yogg out of this game completely please? 3 times in a row where I had 5 minions on board and the opponent yolos out a Yogg and he clears my board, draws on average 3 cards, heals for 10 and buffs his Yogg.

I'm going back to ESL and I hope that the new expansion does something about these ridiculous RNG turns.

Yogg has been nerfed enough. It's a gamble card. It can turn the game, but it can also Fireball yourself. It's much less of a tide turner than it was.

Kornflayx

Yogg has been nerfed enough. It's a gamble card. It can turn the game, but it can also Fireball yourself. It's much less of a tide turner than it was.

A card that has the possibility of going from no board and no hand to board control and 5 cards in hand should not exist, period. I don't care if the statistics say it's bad 70% of the time. The other 30% are goddamn soulcrushing.

There is absolutely no skill to it. Just vomit it on the board and hope you get lucky. But I guess it's what the casuals want.

wiibomb

a double yogg almost won the game for a rogue I faced (shadowcaster, mind you).. I was pretty mad, but in the end even if that yogg made HUGE spells, I could win

A card that has the possibility of going from no board and no hand to board control and 5 cards in hand should not exist, period. I don't care if the statistics say it's bad 70% of the time. The other 30% are goddamn soulcrushing.

There is absolutely no skill to it. Just vomit it on the board and hope you get lucky. But I guess it's what the casuals want.

There is no skill in Gromm + whirlwind, Rag and many other legendaries and yet they still exist. Many decks rely on Yogg as a backup solution. It's a powerful card, with EXTREMELY high volatility. The risk/reward is well balanced.

Kornflayx

There is no skill in Gromm + whirlwind, Rag and many other legendaries and yet they still exist. Many decks rely on Yogg as a backup solution. It's a powerful card, with EXTREMELY high volatility. The risk/reward is well balanced.

I've never seen either Grom or Rag completely switch a boardstate in someone's favor. How is a random 8 damage or a two card 10 dmg combo even remotely similar to what Yogg does?

I'm out of this argument. You think Yogg is fine and I think Yogg is the worst RNG card ever made. We're never going to be on the same side in this.

SteveWD40

Sorry, I love this game but frankly there is little skill to any of it. The roost is ruled by face / aggro decks who just vomit minions onto the board and go face. It's a coin toss simulator with nice art and audio.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sorry, I love this game but frankly there is little skill to any of it. The roost is ruled by face / aggro decks who just vomit minions onto the board and go face. It's a coin toss simulator with nice art and audio.
There is currently a total of one aggro/face deck in the meta.

The difference between aggro and midrange is board trading, but the skill level is still very low. Worse, when facing aggro, you often don't even have opportunities to respond to your opponent's strategy. When Secret Face Hunters layer Freezing Trap while smacking face, there is no "smart play" you can make to fix the situation. Or maybe you decide to play some spell removal, and then trigger Cat in a Hat, guaranteeing another 4 face damage your next turn.

The only Hearthstone decks that feel interesting to play are control and combo decks. I'd also add Tempo Mage in there because you are trying to find the optimal moment to unload for maximum tempo and shift the game to your control, and that's a deck that I personally enjoy a lot even if it's underpowered right now.

Midrange Shaman could be really tactical, but the Hero Power makes its matches consistent RNG-fests.

I would argue that there are five Aggro decks in the meta that I see on ladder:
Secret Face Hunter
Aggro Shaman
Aggro Rogue
Discardlock
Pirate Warrior

Maybe I forgot others, and they are largely in decline with the growth of Midrange Shaman, but a check to midrange Shaman would provide boosts to all of these decks in the meta.

Dahbomb

Tempo Mage is probably top 3-4 deck right now and very well positioned in the meta (solid match up against Shaman and Druid). Almost everyone brought Tempo Mage to Blizzcon as well.

Tempo Mage is probably top 3-4 deck right now and very well positioned in the meta (solid match up against Shaman and Druid). Almost everyone brought Tempo Mage to Blizzcon as well.
I'm not saying the deck is bad, but there's no reason to run it over Midrange Shaman. I laddered with Tempo Mage for the first week last month and got very respectable results. Then I swapped to Midrange Shaman and never lost a match on my way to rank 5. To me, for a deck to be doing well, it has to be worth picking as #1. Everything else is mediocre.

Dahbomb

I'm not saying the deck is bad, but there's no reason to run it over Midrange Shaman. I laddered with Tempo Mage for the first week last month and got very respectable results. Then I swapped to Midrange Shaman and never lost a match on my way to rank 5. To me, for a deck to be doing well, it has to be worth picking as #1. Everything else is mediocre.
That's a very narrow way of looking at it. There will always be a #1 deck but that doesn't mean everything else is mediocre.

bjaelke

Tweet deleted and the website is currently down.

It was a screenshot of a survey asking people what they thought of the "mean streets of gadgetzan demo".

wiibomb

since I can't check the schedule because the page is blocked at work, what is going to happen soon? and what is the time of the HS keynote?

gutshot

since I can't check the schedule because the page is blocked at work, what is going to happen soon? and what is the time of the HS keynote?

BlizzCon opening ceremonies which is where they reveal the expansions and big content updates for all their games.

At 12:30 PST will be the HS specific panel where they will give more details, probably more card reveals and then talking about other stuff not important enough to announce on the main stage.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Aprox. 15 minutes 'til the Opening Ceremony (Lasts 1 hour) and then HS!
11AM PDT: Opening Ceremony
12PM PDT:Hearthstone World Championship - Pre-Show
1:15PM PDT: Hearthstone – What’s Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom