• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Tri-class is Interesting, but don't know how much it will really change things though.

Kornflayx

tumblr_o732mrAA2e1txe6kpo1_400.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wow, the custom spell thing is pretty nuts @___@
The triclass cards are a buff for the Priest lol

gutshot

The ability to tailor both the mana cost and the combined effects really rewards players that can make strategic decisions based on the matchup (i.e. skill). I like it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Spell reno was needed after normal Reno stopped being relevant thanks to aggro turning into building an overwhelming board quickly instead of just going face constantly.

Hopefully the 1 or 5 mana cost spells can still give you some good board clear and heals.

Decent reveal. Not that hyped about priest getting fireballs. The new dark cultist is interesting. Some might call it power creep, but the new cultist requires board presence before being used, so not sure how good it is unless priest gets a strong early drop. What does make it pretty good is that it's easier to combo as the game goes on.

No, there were options to create 1 mana, 6 mana and 10 mana spell.

OH SNAPS DIABLO TIME!!!

Also assuming the first choice never changes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kabal Talon Priest just proves that Blizzard has decided that you balance classes by printing cards that are OP as fuck. Every 2 drop that priest puts down is now a threat to become some 3/5 or 2/6 nonsense, with no tempo disruption or drawback.

Szadek

I guess the other clans are going to be Warrior/Rogue/Hunter (non magic users) and Shaman/Paladin/Druid (hybrids) since the first one are all pure spellcaster.

Dahbomb

Anyone got stats on the Hunter weapon?

The Priest card is really dumb. Like they didn't even really try. Please tell me that card isn't a common.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Decent reveal. Not that hyped about priest getting fireballs. The new dark cultist is interesting. Some might call it power creep, but the new cultist requires board presence before being used, so not sure how good it is unless priest gets a strong early drop. What does make it pretty good is that it's easier to combo as the game goes on.

Also assuming the first choice never changes.

Yeah, my worry is that Priest has too many get more ahead cards, that they'll be really annoying after they get the lead.

Alone, this doesn't change much of anything, but it could turn really annoying in conjunction with more good priest cards.

gutshot

Impressions of the first set of cards revealed:

Piranha Launcher - The text seems good. Summoning 1/1 beasts for Hunter is usually relevant. The mana cost kills it though. 5 mana for a 2/4 weapon? Unplayable.

Lotus Assassin - He's like a slower, weaker Giant Sand Worm. Unplayable.

Kabal Talonpriest - A strictly better Dark Cultist, which was one of the best 3-drops in the game. Overpowered.

Kazakus - His condition is going to require a very specific type of deck. But the reward seems well worth it. He, like Reno, will be relegated to one deck type, but I think that deck type will be viable. Playable.

I Know a Guy - Most taunt minions suck. Meh. Unplayable.

georly

Tri-class neutrals are a neat concept but it further cements in stone that we're never getting any more classes. Or at least not til this xpac leaves standard.

Szadek

The Priest card is really dumb. Like they didn't even really try. Please tell me that card isn't a common.
The weapon is a 2/4 for 5 mana I belive.

Also, I agree. Guess it's Priests time to become the next curve god...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

It's a 5 mana 2/4. Summons a 1/1 beast pirahna each time the hunter attacks. Way too slow.

On the topic of the priest card. Okay. I will not tell you it's a common. I won't do that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess the other clans are going to be Warrior/Rogue/Hunter (non magic users) and Shaman/Paladin/Druid (hybrids) since the first one are all pure spellcaster.

It says the faction on the Expansion's site

Grimy Goons: Hunter, Paladin, Warrior
Kabal: Mage, Priest, Warlock
Jade Lotus: Druid, Rogue, Shaman

The tri-class stuff is pretty exciting. I wonder how much they'll play into that system though.

Kazakus being a highlander card is pretty on point though. If you think about it, the best reno classes have been mage and warlock. Priest, not so much, but who has seriously tried reno priest anyway and maybe kazakus priest is something that could work. Granted, I'm personally not too keen on reno decks, at least they get cycled out next rotation.

The rogue card seems good. Flexible for value or flexible for face damage. Basically stranglethorn tiger with an upside for trading. I assume it didn't have a pirate tag though it would be neat if it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom