• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just worried about playing around it.

Seems like it could be lots of fun to play yourself though. Creating your own Yogg effect.

Do we know it has any RNG or is it like Rafaam where you always have the same options?

If it's like Rafaam, it's very possible to play arround. At worst it's rock paper scissors but you do have a little more info than that.

Dahbomb

7j6RiOH.png

Anti-Zoo card. Interesting concept. You can potentially get it out to 2 mana. 2 mana 4/5 Taunt, not bad.

I hope there are more cards that share this text. I might play something like this in Reno Warlock.

Patches is actually insane provided you don't get it in your opening hand.

I like the idea of Patches will be interesting if theres other Pirate boosting effects in the set. As it is now it needs a loooot of setup to be really useful.

Levi

Banned
display

Full family affiliations here:
Grimy Goons: Hunter, Paladin, Warrior
Kabal: Mage, Priest, Warlock Jade
Lotus: Druid, Rogue, Shaman

gutshot

I remember when people said priest was gonna OP when dark cultist came out. Talonpriest... I don't think this does that nor does it make priest a curve god. 3/4s 3cc have been consistently overreacted to and overrated in the past.

Meh, pretty negative gutshot!

Piranha launcher is like assassin's blade with a twist. I think hunter would run assassin's blade. This one leverages beast synergy. You still get 8 damage but you also activate your beast synergy cards without paying mana on subsequent turns.

Lotus assassin is NOTHING like giant sand worm. GSW is bad because it's so expensive and needs to survive a round to even start attacking. Lotus assassin has stealth, almost guaranteeing it survives to attack. Then it can't be finished off with removal if it trades.

Kabal talonpriest is not a strictly better dark cultist. DC could be played on an empty board on curve and then if it survives a turn, you can buff a 4 drop. Talonpriest requires you to already have board presence, something that is difficult to guarantee early on, especially as priest. And you're buffing a 2 drop on curve, much weaker than buffing a 4 drop. Plus no n'zoth synergy.

Hard to judge kazakus without knowing more information about what spells you can make.

I know a guy - since warrior cards will be favored to show up, you're getting ferocious monkeys, that 2/6 with enrage that is very playable, and the 3/2 taunt that gives another minion taunt. None of those taunt minions suck imo. Then you have a spread of okay neutral taunts, with a sprinkling of bad taunts.

Like I said, I think the Piranha Launcher's text is good. Just at 5 mana it's way too slow. You're gonna play this weapon to answer... what exactly? Muster was only 3 mana and you got instant value out of it.

I missed that Lotus Assassin has Stealth when you first play it. That does make it markedly better than Sand Worm. People are saying it's a better Tiger, which is true. But Tiger doesn't see any play except in Beast decks, so I'm not sure Lotus will see play either.

Talonpriest... OK, not strictly better. Usually better? Mostly better? At worst it's about even. It's a 3 mana 3/7 as long as you have a minion on board. That's pretty good.

Dahbomb

That's... potentially insane.

If it hits two minions it's like a better Nourish. So Living Roots plus this card on turn 4 is a double ramp.

That Druid Legendary is almost exactly what Kripp suggested to help out control decks. It allows you to play 20 mana worth of stuff in one turn (well more like 17ish because that card is like 7 mana).

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So big revelations so far is dragon cards and a charge card. Both are sort of surprising to me, especially the charge card.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
display

Full family affiliations here:
Grimy Goons: Hunter, Paladin, Warrior
Kabal: Mage, Priest, Warlock Jade
Lotus: Druid, Rogue, Shaman

Wait, summon doesn't remove it from your deck? Now that's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom