• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Well, there's your answer.

Yogg Druid might be the best deck in Hearthstone right now because it has decent match-ups against Warrior, Shaman and Warlock - the only other three classes that seem to exist.

Yep, half the time I win by control / token beast mode using Fandral / Teacher.

Yogg is just my back up in case it goes to shit.

Levi

Banned
One win away from my highest ever rank, hit my decks' hardest counter, no worries, I'm drawing the nuts, plus there's always the chance this guy doesn't know how to properly play the match-up, why isn't my spell resolving, guess I better try and restart real quick...

"You lost your last ranked play game due to a disconnect".

BibleThump.

Edit: 4 of my 5 games were against aggro shaman. 4 straight doomhammers that got Harrisoned. 4 wins and I'm finally rank 8, personal best.

That feeling when Animal Companion gives you Leokk and then you topdeck Unleash the Hounds for lethal.

Also won a game as Midrange Hunter without getting a single 2-drop until around Turn 4 and no Call of the Wild. Amazing!

inky

Had a blast with my Murloc Secret Paladin this month. Road to rank 4 was painless, fun and it's not a half bad deck overall.

123213jkjr2.png

231214mkqi.png

I hope I can still make it work after the adventure. It's due for some tweaks anyway.

Had a blast with my Murloc Secret Paladin this month. Road to rank 4 was painless, fun and it's not a half bad deck overall.

123213jkjr2.png

231214mkqi.png

I hope I can still make it work after the adventure. It's due for some tweaks anyway.

I enjoy this deck a lot, it combines secrets, Murlocs and Divine Shields to make the most annoying deck mankind has ever seen.

bjaelke

Special Hearthstone Announcement at ChinaJoy
Furtive rumors swirl about an upcoming party of unfathomable grandeur! Who could it be for, and, more importantly, are YOU on the guest list? Join Lead Game Designer Ben Brode for a special stream that’s sure to delight, enthrall, and illuminate!

Clear your social calendar on July 28th at 11PM PDT and find out what’s next for Hearthstone on the official Hearthstone Twitch channel. Toss the channel a follow now and ensure that you’re privy to all of the hubbub when it goes live!
E8BUGSODY9XH1469468183296.jpg

FeD.nL

For some reason when I think of HS + Party my mind immediately goes to surprises aka RNG.. Ah well let's see what they got in store.

bunbun777

Had my best pack rng last night, 15 packs netted a golden malkorak, golden soggoth, and a regular anomolus. Already had a golden mal and a regular soggoth, so yea phat dusties.

Asbel

Played my ghetto version of that taunt Shaman deck. Never had the cards for a control deck and man, control decks are such trolls. Nice heals and board clears but I don't see how any control deck can beat Control Warrior. Maybe it can beat Freeze Mage though? Perhaps I should throw in The Gawd of Death.

fertygo

Played my ghetto version of that taunt Shaman deck. Never had the cards for a control deck and man, control decks are such trolls. Nice heals and board clears but I don't see how any control deck can beat Control Warrior. Maybe it can beat Freeze Mage though? Perhaps I should throw in The Gawd of Death.

N'zoth pally or Renolock can troll slow warrior

you death by other deck at turn 6 doe

Dahbomb

New adventures, new meta?
Meta isn't going to change much, you are still going to be playing/facing off against the same tempo based decks with the same strategies just with different flavors and arts. This has been the game since they nerfed Warsong Commander.

Levi

Banned
To help curb Warriorstomp, they should create some minions that can't be killed automatically by Fiery War Axe in the first few turns.

I'm thinking maybe a 1/2 for 2 that spawns a 1/1 or something.

You mean like a 1/1 with divine shield, a 2/1 that spawns a 1/1 with taunt, or a 3/4 for two mana with one overload?

You mean like a 1/1 with divine shield, a 2/1 that spawns a 1/1 with taunt, or a 3/4 for two mana with one overload?
The 1/1 with divine shield is a good 1-drop.

The 2/1 that spawns a 1/1 with taunt is too risky in a AoE ping meta.

The 3/4 for 2 mana with 1 overload is great, but only available to 1 class. :(

Dahbomb

To help curb Warriorstomp, they should create some minions that can't be killed automatically by Fiery War Axe in the first few turns.

I'm thinking maybe a 1/2 for 2 that spawns a 1/1 or something.
We already had a meta where everyone dropped minions on turn 1/2 that weren't completely dealt with War Axe and that's when Secret Paladin was the boss.

Nerubian Egg, Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, Minibot... garbage meta.

War Axe by design is meant to take out two small minions at the price of HP. If it can't take out two small minions then there is something terribly wrong with the meta.

If War Axe is a problem then start running more Argent Squires. I don't want to deal with way too hard to kill 2 drops ever again. At least in Standard, Wild is gonna Wild and that's fine... let all the Deathrattle minions run into each other to their hearts' content.

Salex_

Looks like a cool deck. I've always wanted to use Murloc Knight so I'll try this out. Which hero powers do you prioritize with Finley? And have you thought about adding one Anyfin to improve the control (aka c'thun/control warrior) matchup? I'm not sure how Anyfin decides on which minions are revived though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
We already had a meta where everyone dropped minions on turn 1/2 that weren't completely dealt with War Axe and that's when Secret Paladin was the boss.

Nerubian Egg, Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, Minibot... garbage meta.

War Axe by design is meant to take out two small minions at the price of HP. If it can't take out two small minions then there is something terribly wrong with the meta.

If War Axe is a problem then start running more Argent Squires. I don't want to deal with way too hard to kill 2 drops ever again. At least in Standard, Wild is gonna Wild and that's fine... let all the Deathrattle minions run into each other to their hearts' content.

If it was like fairy dragon except it just avoided weapons instead of spells that could be cool. It probably wouldn't see much use though. 2 mana 3/2 can't hit it with a weapon.

CoolOff

Why did people stop playing Secret Paladin? This shit is still insane. Not quite pre OG broken, but MC is just back-breaking when it hits.

Playing a Shaman with dual Thunder Bluffs, a Totem Golem, and Thing Below. He trades the Thing Below with my Highmane, then uses the Golem and trades the Healing Totem to remove the Hyenas. I have a big HP advantage but he now has total board.

Next turn he Inspires again and his totems have double-digit attack. His Golem attacks into my Explosive Trap. Guess he should've saved his Healing Totem.

Dahbomb

Why did people stop playing Secret Paladin? This shit is still insane. Not quite pre OG broken, but MC is just back-breaking when it hits.
Early game of Secret Paladin is kinda wack and out paced by the other decks but if you can keep up with them until turn 6 then MC carries the game.

That new Data Report website has Secret Paladin on the rise and in tier 2 so there you go.

patchday

I got first world problems. Got enough dust to finally craft a Legendary. only legit Legendary I really use right now is Cairne Bloodhoof that I got from a pack. Thinking to craft Leeroy for my zoo deck. Also eyeballing these nice Shaman only legendaries.

I know Sylvannas and Twin velkor etc are good but I never play those decks. I only play mid range decks mostly

The 1/1 with divine shield is a good 1-drop.

The 2/1 that spawns a 1/1 with taunt is too risky in a AoE ping meta.

The 3/4 for 2 mana with 1 overload is great, but only available to 1 class. :(

oh thats why that neutral 1 drop divine shield minion is so good (Argent Squire). she appears in so many decks

fertygo

Really? Any particular match I should watch or are these boring fatigue battles?

Evangelion's recent dreamhack run probably where his n'zoth pally carry him through some player that bring C'thun Warrior

Slow warrior can't handle deathrattle where pally have tirion n such, Yogg Druid usually win if they pull spirit of forest on the tokens

Renol/handock win because at slow matchup they usually the aggresor because card advantage, n if they land Jaraxxus safely its gg

Man Warlock really need heal

godammit, can lock had 8 mana entomb/sap/hex whatever that heal from destroyed minion, pretty pls?

Dahbomb

I would be fine with a 1 mana/2 mana spell that answers Tunnel Trogg/Mana Wyrm on time. Doomsayer and Soulfire are not good enough answers... need that re-print Dark Bomb.

I would be fine with a 1 mana/2 mana spell that answers Tunnel Trogg/Mana Wyrm on time. Doomsayer and Soulfire are not good enough answers... need that re-print Dark Bomb.

There are quite a few: Lightning Bolt, Rockbiter, Wrath, Shadow Word: Pain, Quick Shot, Frost Bolt, Backstab + Hero Power..

Edit: oh wait I guess you meant for Warlock. yeah that's tough.

fertygo

There are quite a few: Lightning Bolt, Rockbiter, Wrath, Shadow Word: Pain, Quick Shot, Frost Bolt, Backstab + Hero Power..

Warlock have a lot of these card eh..

btw its fucked up you had to answer 1 drop minion with two mana spell

Can we had 2 drop leg that BGH'd 1 drop

prolly need to be class card tho

Dahbomb

I have been asking for a Small Game Hunter forever.

Only issue is that if you print it to be a 2 mana answer then tempo decks would be running it too in order to counter the other deck's 1 drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom