• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Those top 10 decks though:

Dragon Warrior
Aggro Shaman
Midrange Hunter
Secret Paladin
Token Druid
Hybrid Hunter
Zoolock
Cthun Warrior
Tempo Warrior
Midrange Shaman

A single control deck in tier 2 in a sea of tempo/aggressive decks.

Tomcat

Dragon Warrior
Aggro Shaman
Midrange Hunter
Secret Paladin
Token Druid
Hybrid Hunter
Zoolock
Cthun Warrior
Tempo Warrior
Midrange Shaman

pretty boring decks except token druid and mid shaman

bjaelke

2XRD5BCG8MWI1470257494316.png

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20194638/sneaking-into-the-spire-8-4-2016

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
1,600 is a big enough sample size to come up with some pretty accurate numbers. Most political polls, for example, only poll around 1,000 people and are considered accurate assumptions of the feelings of the 300+ million people living in the US.

There are a lot less than 300 million HS players, obviously, so vS's sample size is more than enough.

People really should take a statistics class before commenting on sample sizes and polling methodology.

Levi

Banned
For me, it isn't even a question of whether they have a big enough sample size. I remember when people were trying to quote hearthstats to define the meta and they had 20-30x the contributors at the time and that was years ago.

Only Blizzard has accurate numbers. The rest of us have to make do with what we have.

Xanathus

Guys which should I buy with my $10 Amazon credit, Alleria Windrunner or Medivh? Already have golden Warrior so I'm not gonna bother with Magni. I'm leaning towards Medivh because I don't really feel like grinding for golden Mage anytime soon.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
On paper, Netherspite Historian looks pretty good. Doesn't seem like the kind of tool that Dragon Warrior would want but Priest or maybe Paladin could use it.

Ladekabel

Pretty good card. Haven't played Dragon Priest in months but some were playing Museum Curator back then. If that's still the case this card will probably replace him.

I just wish they would go away with the "If you are holding a dragon" mechanic and replace it with something else.

Dragon Paladin looks like it could be quite good. 2 new cards for it now. Bookwyrm and Historian. I feel like with dragon paladin you need more dragons than other dragon decks because of the mana ramp of dragon consort. Amazing.

I kinda feel like there are a ton of great dragons too, and very few bad ones. And even the bad ones aren't terrible. Watch for that time when you're losing and you discover deathwing to get the win.

Apathy

feels like they are making priests cards into neutral cards. This is museum curator for dragons, barnes is like herald but better.

Guess one way to fix priests is to get rid of them

Xanathus

Dragon Priest still missing a good attack buff card though, 1 attack on a 2 drop basically makes it worthless for trading or clearing minions.

Kettch

I'm not sure about Netherspite. It doesn't help with the biggest problem that dragon decks always have, if you don't get a dragon early you're fucked. This adds another card that you can't play in that situation. It does help out the rest of the time though, especially when the 3/6 taunt dragon is the only one you have.

Medivh I like even less. That's only going to see play in control match-ups, and every control deck is already running weapon removal. So in most cases all you're doing is activating an otherwise useless card for the opponent if you play this in mage/priest/druid. If you play it in a weapon class that can bait out removal on the other hand, there are hardly any solid cost spells to use with it. Lay on Hands...Call of the Wild, Sprint/Assassinate I guess.

A spell weapon really needed to be a low cost card so that it could help against aggro/mid-range and also get out before control draws their removal.

Apathy

just realized that 1 of those 3 discover cards when playing priests is more than likely going to be the whelp since class cards like to be discovered more than others and there is only 1 class card in priest that is a dragon. That is going to hurt the choices priests get to see until BRM gets rotated out.

636058230648245953.png

I wonder if the art for this card indicates that before, the card text read 'mech' instead of 'murloc'

In which case they must have decided that that was too good

Levi

Banned
Netherspite Historian looks like it's going to be a staple card in midrange Dragon decks. You might even run it in aggro Dragon decks for the chance of a third Drakonid Crusher or a second Deathwing. I really like it. Stats aren't even that bad... look at Jeweled Scarab.

Medivh is interesting but I'm not sure how much play it'll see. I mean, maybe it compliments a Summoning Stone deck or something but just playing it by itself only gives you 3 uses and by that point in the game how much impact are you really getting from it? It just doesn't seem all that useful when taking into account the other late game legendaries. Plus with a lot of the weapon classes being really strong right now, the incentive to run something like this is even less with Harrison and Ooze lurking around.

Silverware Golem seems alright. Obviously it's really good if you can get it out on the board for free but since Hearthstone has no way to selectively discard it just seems like the Warlock archetype they want to create would just be too wildly inconsistent to be worthwhile.

Netherspite Historian seems quite good though. I imagine it sees play in most dragon decks.It's also nice that they're creating cards that benefit slower dragon decks as opposed to ones that make dragon Warrior even stronger.

Dahbomb

Netherspite is cool, decent card. It's almost impossible to get a bad dragon from a Discover, I think the worst you can do is if you get 3 really expensive dragons against an aggro/tempo line up which still isn't that bad.

But Priests really really need a good Velens Chosen replacement. Without it all these early drops just get eaten by other minions or weapons. Imagine playing Velens Chosen on Netherspite, value town.

Seems like Blizzard wants Dragon's to go out with a bang before BRM rotates out.

Kind of crazy we haven't seen a single Shaman or Priest card yet. I guess they're saving them for show matches tomorrow.

Also, since we now know all the Warlock cards for the set, it seems to confirm that five portal cards will be for Mage, Shaman, Druid, Priest and Paladin since they wouldn't really make sense for Hunter, Rogue or Warrior.

just realized that 1 of those 3 discover cards when playing priests is more than likely going to be the whelp since class cards like to be discovered more than others and there is only 1 class card in priest that is a dragon. That is going to hurt the choices priests get to see until BRM gets rotated out.

That's a good point, though considering how bad priests early options are I don't think playing a whelp (with guaranteed battlecry) + shadow word pain or something on turn 3 is that bad of a deal.

For reference, the other class-exclusive dragons are dragon consort for paladin and coldarra drake for mage.

sibarraz

Banned
The meta is at his worst now for me, I don't find very entertaining to had matches which are determined by how good of a start you had while playing on curve, plus playing control now is terrible, even match ups that should be favored by control are terrible when sir finley can change the hero power for lifetap

Swhalen

Hey everyone. I have a quest today to spectate a friend win.
I don't have very many friends who play Hearthstone, is anybody playing right now who wouldn't mind me adding them and watching?

clav

I think this looks pretty good so it must be awful.

It's a decent versatile card for Dragon Priest since the deck runs into a lot of conditional situations.

Might work for Dragon Pally. Nah. Dragon Pally still stinks.

Brodie said Priests are strong enough and they don't need any cards this expansion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We'll probably see a Discover a Priest Spell card or add 3 random Priest Spell cards.

cHinzo

It's a decent versatile card for Dragon Priest since the deck runs into a lot of conditional situations.

Might work for Dragon Pally. Nah. Dragon Pally still stinks.

Dragon Pally would have been great if they didn't make the 2 mana 2/4 a fcking Priest only card. -_-

Szadek

I'm still not convineced by discardlock.
Zoolock with a few discard supprt cards makes sense to me, since soulfire and doomguard are already good cards, but I would be suprised if people start running terrible cards like succubus all of a sudden.

it being a 1/3 doesnt do much for it but honestly I can see this more in a paladin dragon deck than a priest one. Even a control dragon warrior could see this card being played.

Levi

Banned
It's amazing when people beat themselves. I was very passive, only reacting, as CW vs C'thun warrior is pretty unfavored for me.

He played, onto an empty board, his Doomcaller, before he played his C'thun. A few turns later he did the same thing with his Sylvanas. I removed both easily, and at that point I had no chance of losing.

His only way to win would be to only play C'thun when fatigue damage has made that lethal damage. He plays it as soon as he's out of cards. I steal it with Sylvanas, he uses his last removal on it, and at that point all I have to do deal enough chip damage to make sure I win the fatigue battle. His hand, after removing the C'thun I stole, is acolyte, war axe, and two brawls.

The game ended up resolving fairly quickly, as he played his acolyte and I played a C'thun I got from the monkey, putting him really deep in fatigue damage.

nnKPTpH.jpg

it being a 1/3 doesnt do much for it but honestly I can see this more in a paladin dragon deck than a priest one. Even a control dragon warrior could see this card being played.

Jewelled scarab is on the cusp of being playable... and this card has a higher density of better cards with synergy in the deck you run it in... 1/3 is amazing stats for this card.

it doesnt trade into 1 2 or 3 drops at all, so it's stats are meaningless like curators. Yea the dragon discovery is the good part which is why I think the card will find a spot in more of the control style dragon decks like paladin and control dragon warrior. I can see it helping dragon priest vs control match ups but don't see it elevating dragon priest like a great deal

DSmalls84

Dragon Warrior
Aggro Shaman
Midrange Hunter
Secret Paladin
Token Druid
Hybrid Hunter
Zoolock
Cthun Warrior
Tempo Warrior
Midrange Shaman

Anyone have a link to a secret Paladin deck? I have tons of great Paladin cards but the N'Zoth variant is pretty terrible for this meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom