• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i have 10k gold now and was having a lot of fun with Thrall...

i dont know if i should just be buying the 7k heroes first to get a bigger selection of heroes faster or if i should pick heroes i think im good at/have fun with first

Moff

I think if you care about getting a big collection of heroes you should not buy the 10k ones with gold but real money

I sit on 20k+ at the moment and have no idea tho do buy next. I have not tried all yet, but I already know that I am very picky. I really liked anub so I will most likely buy him next for gold since he is only 4k and really good. but I will wait until I have tried all of them.

Alur

What the bloody hell?, i was saving up to buy that :-(

I think they announced with the live patch on June 2nd that it (and the other returning stuff from Alpha/Beta) would be gone on June 30th. There was definitely a thing on the launcher the last few days about it.

i have 10k gold now and was having a lot of fun with Thrall...

i dont know if i should just be buying the 7k heroes first to get a bigger selection of heroes faster or if i should pick heroes i think im good at/have fun with first

Save your 10k and buy The Butcher if you enjoyed Thrall. He's gonna bare out better IMO and it looks like he's gonna have Thrall's pubstompiness from his release build.

Palmer_v1

Why isn't Falstad more popular? I always seem to do well with him. Tons of damage and he can finish runners well. Hinterland blast is also kinda crazy.

Bought Abathur last night. Fell in love with the style.

Currently 9-2 in Solo Q Quick Match, (Well one group with Comp from NeoGAF, shout outs to the come back.)

I get a feeling Murky will be awesome too but just going to hoard my gold before I make a rash decision.

Yup - Butcher is awesome and so is playing as Abathur and buffing the shit out of the Butcher. Also, the new map is weird - the other team won the Immortal battle 3 (4?) times and we still won the game overall.

Alavard

Why isn't Falstad more popular? I always seem to do well with him. Tons of damage and he can finish runners well. Hinterland blast is also kinda crazy.

For some reason, he just isn't on most peoples' radars, despite being a very solid hero. I also find he's a solid counter to Illidan.

On a side note, I finally picked up Murky now that he's down to 7000. And after one game I can already tell he's a ton of fun.

Maybesew

I really enjoyed playing Jaina when she was free a few weeks ago. Does anyone think her price will be reduced from 10K any time soon? I have a bunch of other heros to try out so i'm not in a super rush to buy her

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I really enjoyed playing Jaina when she was free a few weeks ago. Does anyone think her price will be reduced from 10K any time soon? I have a bunch of other heros to try out so i'm not in a super rush to buy her
Probably not, but she's in that retail bundle so it's possible you can get her for free in this thread at some point.

I made a tough decision two days ago between Abathur and Murky, I'm so glad I picked Abathur

Abathur made the game go from addictive to consuming my every passing thought.

It's the only character where I feel I can carry to some level. Makes me feel in control of a lot of games.

kirblar

If you can queue with a healer, The Butcher looking like a rerun of Thrall at his release. Just stomping kids.
Raise your hands if you're surprised. (Leoric's going to be the same thing.)

Self-heal melee guys are pubstompers because no one actually runs away.

Zeratul is almost certainly the best hero in the game right now, based on him not getting touched whatsoever by the patch, and everything else getting nerfed.

kirblar

Johanna's perfect as is- she's a giant shield wall with 0 damage. The other tanks need to be brought up - she doesn't need to be brought down. (I do expect an HP nerf for Anub though.)

The End

Raise your hands if you're surprised. (Leoric's going to be the same thing.)

Self-heal melee guys are pubstompers because no one actually runs away.

Zeratul is almost certainly the best hero in the game right now, based on him not getting touched whatsoever by the patch, and everything else getting nerfed.

Leoric is going to be bananas in QM and is going to get ripped apart in HL when people start using him to feed.

Savitar

Got the Butcher pack, nice to see it up early instead of the evenings. Hopefully all sales are from now on.

Got Brightwing too and his monkey skin.

kirblar

anyway to get free heroes or skins currently? haven't played since before the last wipe.
SolidJakeGG 's stream should have a bunch today, per his twitter. Just make sure to check your messages the next day if you're in chat- if you win one there's no notification, and you'll want to check ALL the folders.

The End

the best zeratuls i've seen play are the ones that hang back outside of teamfights just long enough to forget they're there, then pop up to finish you off at just the right moment

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
stitches on the new map, paired with butcher. pretty good.

vn6obe.gif

I call this one the 3 second hook
This brings back Dota 2 memories. It was nasty.
*shudders*

Savitar

Oh man I just got the biggest boner as Butcher chasing down a hero with a sliver of health only for his ability to pop and run them down before they reached the safety of the gate.

Alur

Four games I've been in with the Butcher.

3 the enemy team had a tank and The Butcher, 1 the guy playing the Butcher was ZPs.

Our team? Zeratul + Nova or just Nova in the tank spot each game. It's been real.

I know it's early and it has to be tested in higher MMR/HL/Competitive, but an innervate build Malf is just killing things in QM for me. Getting that much healing and mana from one hero seems to be too much.

fedexpeon

Banned
Four games I've been in with the Butcher.

3 the enemy team had a tank and The Butcher, 1 the guy playing the Butcher was ZPs.

Our team? Zeratul + Nova or just Nova in the tank spot each game. It's been real.

Pretty good team tbh.
My winrate with that comp: Zera+Nova is like 90% in QM.
Just hug each other 24/7, even if the other player is dumb to double burst.
But with friend, troll to the max. Jaina/Kael, rage quitting before level 10.
And you guys should hit 10 first either way, and it just free falls with all the assassins.

Maximus.

Weird they removed the mounts :/ Expected more price drops on some heroes, but oh well. Can't wait to try out the Butcher.

I am heavily conflicted on going for Sylvannas or Zeratul. Sylvannas does get seige damage, but I just don't feel sold on her. Haven't properly played Zeratul, but I have seen videos on him and liked what I saw.

TxdoHawk

Need to test more, but I still think Brightwing's Dream Shot talent in the new patch is underrated. You can be quite the annoyance if your aim is good, especially in teamfights.

Weird they removed the mounts :/ Expected more price drops on some heroes, but oh well. Can't wait to try out the Butcher.

I am heavily conflicted on going for Sylvannas or Zeratul. Sylvannas does get seige damage, but I just don't feel sold on her. Haven't properly played Zeratul, but I have seen videos on him and liked what I saw.

Can't really go wrong with either and both are fantastic in QM and HL. Do some try mode with focused attacks, follow through build with Zera and see if you like the pacing. Just let an auto attack go before you cast your next ability and its pretty devastating, not to mention you can body block with blink and benefit from 40% more auto attack damage which is hilariously fun.

Ketch

well sylvanas just got nerfed and Zeratul is currently sitting pretty as number 1 melee assassin (until the verdict comes in on the butcher that is.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom