• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stupid joke im sorry

so, how is Butcher anyway? Not feeling him from the videos (will still buy of course >_>)

I want to see more Abathur x The Butcher gameplay footage. So far my YT video is the only one I've seen. I really think it's a solid combo, but I need to test it out more outside of solo queue (me as Abathur buffing random-ass The Butchers).

kirblar

I thought this game was supposed to be more casual than LoL and Dota 2... I have no idea what I'm doing
Play Co-op and watch Jake and Cooby's cast games. Dreadanaught also has some insane in-depth map guides on Tempostorm.com .This game is really liquid, which is awesome, but it's not always obvious what you should or shouldn't be doing.

Alur

Pretty good team tbh.
My winrate with that comp: Zera+Nova is like 90% in QM.

Pretty good if they did what they were supposed to. But no.

Unless you're the Nova then you are definitely an anomaly. Even in Diamond almost every Nova we play with is average at best and not worth the spot she took from a more useful assassin with an escape or waveclear, or in the case of my post a tank.

i think butcher will be a top tier QM but average for competitive.

Probably about right. ZPs was saying the same.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so on a scale of Nova to Nova, how Nova is the Butcher Milly?

Nova

Maximus.

Can't really go wrong with either and both are fantastic in QM and HL. Do some try mode with focused attacks, follow through build with Zera and see if you like the pacing. Just let an auto attack go before you cast your next ability and its pretty devastating, not to mention you can body block with blink and benefit from 40% more auto attack damage which is hilariously fun.

Good advice, will do. I just find the try mode isn't enough for me, I like to try in a real match sometimes to get a real feel!

well sylvanas just got nerfed and Zeratul is currently sitting pretty as number 1 melee assassin (until the verdict comes in on the butcher that is.)

Oh I see interesting, hmmmm. If Syl got nerfed a bit, that would make me more weary, since I wasn't fully sold on her yet. I did choose Kael over her before.

Butcher will definitely be picked competitive

He has some ridiculous synergies with certain heroes.

If ZPs thinks he's mediocre, I fear for Vortex's future

Envenom and BFB both hit pretty hard then wailing arrow also slightly nerfed. Not the biggest deal, she'll still be good, but it's a significant nerf to her total burst damage.

It's worth noting though that all heroes with those talents are hurt so they're all relatively worse. Jaina is the top overall ranged assassin but she basically was before the patch as well.

I'm interested to see what happens with Tychus because his auto range and the changes to interrupts will give him much greater presence without one of his ultimates.

What I'm really liking is the support meta. All 5 of the supports are viable now and none of them seem universally better than the others; they All bring something unique. This will lead to much more dynamic drafting. Brightwing will still excel in big maps, Rehgar will certainly see more play, and so will Malf and Lili, but they didn't ruin Brightwing and Uther wasn't changed so everyone looks good now and that's exciting.

DrBo42

The QM matchmaking really makes me want to vomit sometimes. Queued as Malfurion, get a team comprised of Nova, Zeratul, Tyrande and Gazlowe. The game is lost before it even begins.

Eric WK

Did Blizzard removed the hero+skin release pack and forces you to buy the hero+skin+mount pack ?

How is the Butcher right now?

It's probably just a unique situation because Butcher has a mount. Most heroes don't so most new bundles in the future are likely to be hero + skin.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So you get 100 gold from killing the goblin, but if you had done the quest that day already you get nothing but are helping someone else get it?

Alur

So you get 100 gold from killing the goblin, but if you had done the quest that day already you get nothing but are helping someone else get it?

Yep. What sense would it make to give you 100g for every game you play based on the gold gains they've set? Shit you'd have everything in no time since the event is like 3 months long.

-Digits-

People will just be fuck that, I killed my goblin for the day. I'm gonna be mature and afk so those other fucks can't get it because fuck them. Fuck.

Alur

Well considering you can pretty much kill it solo as an assassin, it shouldn't be a big deal. Odds are at least one out of five of the others is gonna help, so NBD.

-Digits-

And here I was imagining a team of five running after a goblin, desperately trying to kill it while the Benny Hill theme plays in the background.

pigeon

Banned
And here I was imagining a team of five running after a goblin, desperately trying to kill it while the Benny Hill theme plays in the background.

I imagined this too, but I'm guessing they had the same concerns you did. The first game I had a goblin I didn't notice because while I was picking my first talent Tychus killed it before Deckard could finish announcing that the goblin had spawned.

Quesa

Ok, so do we know when leoric/monk are coming? I was under the impression they would follow the week after butcher, but I've seen no word of this.

-Digits-

I imagined this too, but I'm guessing they had the same concerns you did. The first game I had a goblin I didn't notice because while I was picking my first talent Tychus killed it before Deckard could finish announcing that the goblin had spawned.

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all tbh. I can already imagine the forum whines. You just reminded me that Deckard announces stuff. I'm getting pretty excited about this whole event!

Ok, so do we know when leoric/monk are coming? I was under the impression they would follow the week after butcher, but I've seen no word of this.

No hard dates, I don't think but they should come roughly 3 to 4 weeks apart. I can't wait for both of them.

Milly79

AA Tychus is real as fuck and strong as fuck, too. Holy shit.

sogood.gif

Run and Gun at 16 and Nexus Frenzy at 20 actually makes you chase. It's hilarious and no one can get away.

Milly79

is it really? I understand why it would be good with odin, but otherwise you have enough time to stand still and auto people for it to be worthwhile?

Somewhat, yeah. They melt really quick too if you can sit there. That's still an issue with him. But legit, at 20 it makes you follow the guys. You can just click and sit back. I don't think it does it pre-Nexus Frenzy, but I haven't really paid that much attention.

My average experience playing a game of HotS on ORD1:

http://imgur.com/a/HwT64

Alternate title, Blizzard needs more fucking server clusters. Or why I won't be playing HotS until Blizzard gets their shit together. Or why the fuck am I playing on a server cluster in Illinois?

I would have left this game but I'm already receiving a matchmaking penalty because I've left five other completely unplayable games on ORD1.

Rhaknar

Someone be a dear and link me patch notes please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom