• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

I hit the wall - hard - on the Adventure mode map. There are a ton of blocks that I need A's to even get access to and I just can't do it. I wanted to complete it before I started on the Master Quest map, but yesterday I just decided to give it a shot. It's got a nice, easy, fair difficulty curve, at least so far. Me gusta.

EDIT - Oh, I meant to ask. I encountered Zelda and Sheik both using 8-bit swords and shields, and using Link's moveset. What's up with that?

It's clearly done for fun. It may be intended as a callback to a bug the game had on release where it was possible to get a character to use a weapon that was normally for someone else.

CBTech

I hit the wall - hard - on the Adventure mode map. There are a ton of blocks that I need A's to even get access to and I just can't do it. I wanted to complete it before I started on the Master Quest map, but yesterday I just decided to give it a shot. It's got a nice, easy, fair difficulty curve, at least so far. Me gusta.

EDIT - Oh, I meant to ask. I encountered Zelda and Sheik both using 8-bit swords and shields, and using Link's moveset. What's up with that?

The difficulty curve is perfect up until the Twilight Adventure map. I've had to do 0 grinding up until hitting the Twilight map, but my average level of characters are 50-60 with Link being like 78 and they just aren't cutting it.

Simbabbad

The difficulty curve is perfect up until the Twilight Adventure map. I've had to do 0 grinding up until hitting the Twilight map, but my average level of characters are 50-60 with Link being like 78 and they just aren't cutting it.
Indeed. I 100%'d the Adventure and Master Quest map without grinding, but then again, the Twilight Princess map does give you tools to grind.

zlCfzS7ukIsv78Z6S8

I'm pretty happy with my progress, my Link is at 150 but the others are generally between 80 and 100. I was annoyed at the difficulty at first, but like Sarah said there are many missions ideal for grinding, and the map is generous with drops, it's pretty easy to build badges.

In fact, apart from the simultaneous attack missions which I loath (it's so easy to lose your progress and the technique is annoying), I'm really having fun, the missions themselves are generally well designed and challenging in a good way, provided you did the right amount of grinding. I'm having more fun than with the Master Quest map, actually.

I can't wait for kid Link and the update on Thursday so I can finally craft ideal weapons.

It's clearly done for fun. It may be intended as a callback to a bug the game had on release where it was possible to get a character to use a weapon that was normally for someone else.

I was hoping there was something to unlock. I thought it was cool seeing Zelda go ham with Link's moveset.

Ryce

Hacker/modder Crediar managed to access the patch early, and he found a bunch of stuff.

Young Link only has a level 1 weapon (Kokiri Sword), but he has three weapon levels as the Fierce Deity (see here). In addition to being a transformation for Young Link, the Fierce Deity appears as a costume for regular Link (see here).

Tingle's weapon is the balloon, and you can see the variants here.

3 new adventure map music tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNS-mVUFJyw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eC-ST8UV_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4_jZrst9cY

Also it seems that most chars are getting a costume with a mask!

Agitha - Don Gero's Mask
Cia - Majora's Mask
Darunia - Goron Mask
Volga - Giant's Mask
Fi - Stone Mask
Ganondorf - Odolwa's Remains
Ghirahim - Kamaro's Mask
Impa - Mask of Truth
Link - Fierce Deity's Mask (full costume, not just the mask)
Midna - a wooden shield?
Wizzro - Captain's Hat
Ruto - Zora Mask
Sheik - Kafei's Mask
Lana - Deku Mask
Zant - Circus Leader's Mask
Zelda - Bunny Hood

It looks like the Moon and Skull Kid appear in Young Link's moveset as previously speculated.
All the child/FD related filenames:

C_LINK_CHILD.bin.gz
W_LINK_CHILD_MOON_DIVIDE.bin.gz
W_LINK_CHILD_SKULL_KID.bin.gz

W_LINK_CHILD_SWORD.bin.gz

F_LINK_FIERCE_DEITY.bin.gz
W_LINK_FIERCE_DEITY_MASK.bin.gz
W_LINK_FIERCE_DEITY_MASK_SCREAM.bin.gz
W_LINK_FIERCE_DEITY_SWORD.bin.gz
W_LINK_FIERCE_DEITY_SWORD_LV2.bin.gz
W_LINK_FIERCE_DEITY_SWORD_LV3.bin.gz

I stumbled upon an excel graph someone made of the leveling curve (for rupees but actual EXP is very likely to be the same):
http://i.imgur.com/88WrDN3.png
It is nice and that level 101-150 are flat (presumably 151-200 are too) but what is with that jump at 50?

Edit: The wooden shield is a reference to this little scene in Zelda TP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UmvYsRvcVM#t=1651

Also it is curious that one of the MM map themes was uploaded in 2014. Some fans have a theory that MM pack was supposed to out before the TP one but was push back for PR reasons.

Hacker/modder Crediar managed to access the patch early, and he found a bunch of stuff.

Young Link only has a level 1 weapon (Kokiri Sword), but he has three weapon levels as the Fierce Deity (see here). In addition to being a transformation for Young Link, the Fierce Deity appears as a costume for regular Link (see here).

It looks like the Moon and Skull Kid appear in Young Link's moveset as previously speculated.

Looking pretty sweet actually. Will totally find and unlock FD Link costume asap.

I decided to look at the data of the Hyrule Warriors update data that released in Japan.

I would assume this stuff will be spoilers for those who don't want to see it.

Edit:
Oh woops didn't notice this stuff was already posted neat. Stuff otherwise

Kjellson

I started playing this yesterday after a long absence. I forgot how fun this game was. I kept getting A grades all over Adventure Mode. I am the king.

Agitha still sucks ass.

Thanks for posting. I'm surprised at the Fierce Deity Link costume. Strange how they didn't mention it earlier. And three new music tracks? Interesting. I'm curious about the MM adventure map, but I haven't played in a long time and I'm probably way too underleveled for it. I'm gonna have to jump back in soon. It's just such a shame that after a while it does start to feel a little bit like a grind.

Dreavus

Do we know how the Fierce Deity transformation is going to work? Maybe tied to his "strong" attack?

Hopefully it's not a meter you have to refill every 30 seconds because that could get tiresome rather quickly.

MrDaravon

I think I would have gone insane on any of the maps where you have to play as Agitha (and to a lesser extent Zant) if I wasn't playing co-op. Holy goddamn shit she is fucking awful.

Platy

Any chance for the 20 dolar "buy all the dlc" will go away once the last dlc is released ?

I will only be able to get the game by the end of march =/

Sagitario

Is there any word about what the new mixtures do?
I want to know if the patch includes something to ease/accelerate the leveling (or rupee earning) and if there are other fixes/improvements (also, double drops in all the non TP maps :p).

Dreavus

I think I would have gone insane on any of the maps where you have to play as Agitha (and to a lesser extent Zant) if I wasn't playing co-op. Holy goddamn shit she is fucking awful.

On the one hand I enjoy Zant from a design perspective (I initially didn't like how they handled him in TP with the "reveal", but I've since softened on that position a bit), and I like how they went whole hog with his ridiculous attacks. His "grow into a giant and stomp the shit out of everything" is one of my favourite attacks in the game.

Mechanically, though, he's just not quite there for what the game asks you to do. ALL his combo enders have massive lag and none can be cancelled out of. I find myself not wanting to even use his meter because the two attacks you can do from it are just not that good (IMO The projectiles should do somewhere around double the damage and the spin should be wider range overall). His basic combos are reasonably quick, but without good enders it substantially hurts his moveset. Hell, his guard break combo is one of the awkward ones that might not even hit in some cases!

Ever since the mixture update I find myself just chugging a guard break and going nuts with the basic combo anytime there is a commander/officer to fight with him. Obviously not that interesting to play but I end up just taking damage when I try anything fancy which throws off A ranks.

He's also one of the most annoying character to fight against! Zant really doesn't have a whole lot going for him...

The 1.5 patch seems to be up in Europe.

I found this screenshot of skill removal:
B8gq6X0CMAAMUSi.jpg:large

Three hundred....thousand!? Curse you Omega Force!

Edit: Weirdly enough I have a glitch now where the stages in the game take over twice as long to load. I'll move the game to internal and see if it persists. While freeing space (copy W101 to external+delete from internal), I noticed the data port of my USB Y cable is rather loose (I moved it and it corrupted the copy process). Hopefully this isn't a sign of other problems with the hard drive.

MrDaravon

Looking around, all kinds of new stuff and changes. Apparently they buffed Zant, he can dash cancel out of at least some of his combos now. Also seeing that they added a weapon skill that requires 4k kills to unlock that makes your weapon combos faster which is amazing. Tons of other stuff as well.

Yoooo EXP and Material potions, from nonexistinghero on Gamefaqs:

Experience results:
- Went from 140 to 143 before with Link without using a potion (bottom-left rack up kills mission on MQ map)
- Went from barely 143 to almost 150 with experience potion

Material results (with material+ on weapon... didn't go into focus mode for an even more increased chance):
- Got about 2-6 Lizalfos Gauntlets on 2nd Twilight map battle without potion
- Got 14 Lizalfos Gauntlets with the potion. They'd drop at least 1 silver every time, but most of the time they dropped 2 (only got 4 bronze bags with Lizalfos Scales). Also, both Volga and Wizzro dropped 2 golden bags each.

So for those of you who were wondering if it's worth the cost... I'd say it is. Cost of them, for those who don't know:

Experience potion: 50 bronze materials and 10,000 rupees
Material potion: 100 bronze materials and 50,000 rupees
---

So mad we're probably not getting this update until next week since the DLC doesn't come out here until the 5th :(

bobohoro

Experience potion is reasonably priced and seems like a real shortcut to get all the characters up to speed. The 300k rupees to delete a skill on the other hand are a total nutbuster, seriously, that is beyond stupid and kills all my hype for playing around with smithing. :/

The Rupee potion costs 1 rupee and 75 bronze materials (great if you have 3 stacks of 999 that rarely go down like I do).

As for its effect. On a generic master quest map (as Sheik no guarding vs. Ganondorf in taking keeps) with a weapon with + rupees I got over 50,000 rupees from the stage. This makes delete skill cost not seem to be so bad.

As for Hasty; it should be pretty insane. Check out what Volga does with a focus spirit and canceling out of a combo:
http://youtu.be/vM7Szf5ci7c?t=10m26s
Then again most of that is just Volga and the OP combo cancel.

Apparently, unlike the 3k kill skills you can have two of the 4k kill skills on a weapon.

Also, others are reporting the longer loading which is really killing the patch for me (I felt the pre-patch loading times were a bit long but these are terrible)

RiggyRob

Experience potion is reasonably priced and seems like a real shortcut to get all the characters up to speed. The 300k rupees to delete a skill on the other hand are a total nutbuster, seriously, that is beyond stupid and kills all my hype for playing around with smithing. :/

Makes sense to be honest, imagine putting all the Legendary + One Hit Kill + Vs Dragon/Beast etc skills in a max star level 3 weapon - it'd be stupidly overpowered when using it with a level 150 character.

NZerker12

It looks like they fixed Ganondorfs C6 as before the camera would glitch if it was performed near a wall. However now the camera would go higher up and show the move from a different angle.

King Leo

Neo Member
EXP, Rupee, and Material potions? I think I'm set. And the 300k cost for removing skills? Seems perfectly reasonable. Some weapon grinding will eventually net you the weapon you want (aside from maybe 1 or 2 skills you want to remove). It would be too easy otherwise.

Those Experience potions are going to come in real handy for me. Still straggling behind on the first Adventure Map.

Speaking of which, can anyone tell me which square on the original Adventure Map would be good for grinding? Network Links are great too, I know, but I definitely want something I can do multiple times.

Rubixcuba

Banned
So yeah game performance is terrible now. Game locked up after scanning an amiibo and menu load times more than doubled. Hopefully we have a patch to fix this asap.

MrDaravon

I haven't really seen any complaints of crashing, but yeah apparently load times are awful. Maybe I'm glad that this isn't out in the US yet lol.

Jakoo

Hey all. So I picked up this game last weekend and have been enjoying it a ton! I am thinking about getting the Majoras Mask DLC, and forgoing the others. Is that a wise choice? Does the adventure map start out easy for each iteration or will the game assume that I have played all the other adventure maps and leveled up?

So yeah game performance is terrible now. Game locked up after scanning an amiibo and menu load times more than doubled. Hopefully we have a patch to fix this asap.

So it's not just me that noticed it. The load times are massive now. Nothing had changed really, if anything they keep improving the game's stability with the updates.

JoeM86

So, since I've had Proxi speak to Young Link while playing a level, I was wondering if the Link/Toon Link amiibo give out Young Link's weapon. Anyone manage to get it?

Simbabbad

Honestly, I'm surprised the load times seem to be such an issue. Yeah, they're longer, but it's not game breaking longer or anything. The option to retry a map without waiting to be killed spares more time than the 10s more it takes to load levels.

Also, Kid Link rocks.

NZerker12

Well I'll tell you, Fierce deity Link is completely broken when you fill out his special and spirit gauge badges.

This is one of the things you can do:

No8CI2rh.jpg

What's the quickest way to get Ganondorf's materials?
Posts 2 and 3 of this thread sound pretty good (TC is asking about Ganon but advice is for Ganondorf). The Triforce Trials Adventure stage is probably best if you want silver or gold (as you can restart the level if the wrong one drops).

What do you mean exactly?
Fierce Deity is the magic skill for young Link and if you keep collecting MP or convert your SP into MP (C1 does this) you can keep the form going for a long time on some maps, especially rack up your KO count maps,

I'll wait for a patch fixing those loading issues before playing the game again.
Same here. Makes me wonder if the US 1 week delay was because NOA refused to release it with this issue (or was it was always penciled in for February over there).

Nohar

I played the game a little today, in order to see if the increased loading time is that noticeable.

Yes it is. We are not talking about 10 more seconds. Every single map takes 30 more seconds to load. This is insane.

Top Bottom