• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

zroid

Banned
When you find these types of games as boring as I do, you'll take anything to make it fun and that's what co op does for me so I view it as a very essential feature. Granted, maybe I just shouldn't be buying the game in the first place. xD
I definitely understand how you feel, as a non-fan of musou games myself. For me HW is about managing expectations, really. I am a big enough Zelda fan (especially of the three games most prominently represented here) that I feel the fanservice alone will be satisfying. I know what I'm getting from the gameplay, and it's not necessarily my cup of tea, but playing as Zelda, Sheik, Ghirahim, Impa, etc. is a special treat that I'm probably not going to get anywhere else outside of Smash Bros., which is really its own thing. I think the stuff I like about the game will outweigh the stuff I don't.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I definitely understand how you feel, as a non-fan of musou games myself. For me HW is about managing expectations, really. I am a big enough Zelda fan (especially of the three games most prominently represented here) that I feel the fanservice alone will be satisfying. I know what I'm getting from the gameplay, and it's not necessarily my cup of tea, but playing as Zelda, Sheik, Ghirahim, Impa, etc. is a special treat that I'm probably not going to get anywhere else outside of Smash Bros., which is really its own thing. I think the stuff I like about the game will outweigh the stuff I don't.
The fan service looks amazing, and honestly, I have a feeling that'll be enough to push me into buying it. Maybe not right away, but definitely within the first month just so I can get that Gannondorf DLC.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I tried out Impa and she was fun to use, also Hnnng the second level music is sooo good.

So NoE posted this on Twitter. I think it should be the OT header.

Bx-YquYIEAAjsBW.png

I really enjoy reading Nintendo of Europe tweets, they are really good and make me laugh.

Any tips for finding the skulltulas?

Kill everything to you see.

Nemesis_

I've got to say that I'm above and beyond surprised at how good this turned out, I was so sceptical when they first showed it off.

I've gotta jump into the Adventure Mode though, I don't think everything is unlockable in Legends Mode since I finsihed a level and am obvious unlockable wasn't unlocked.

What is unlockable in Adventure Mode? Anyone able to give me a list?

And can someone explain the candle business on the map? I don't feel the game explained it well >_>

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
This might be a silly question... but what is the "historical entry"? when ever I get a new char it says a new historical entry is now available.

Where can I read these? :(

And for the comments above, I tend to turn the music off then just use my ears to look for the skutullas! It tends to work pretty well, the audio mixing is good enough

BluWacky

And can someone explain the candle business on the map? I don't feel the game explained it well >_>

If you beat a level with a candle symbol you're awarded a candle card. You can then use this to burn down trees on the map screen (one candle = one tree). However, you should only use this on squares where there's a tree with a twinkling symbol on it to uncover something useful. Similarly you can earn all kinds of other cards that arch the dungeon treasures from the original Zelda - although I haven't got far enough for that yet, I've been mostly playing Legends mode.

Daouzin

I've got to say that I'm above and beyond surprised at how good this turned out, I was so sceptical when they first showed it off.

I'm glad to hear that, I felt the same way. I bought One Piece Pirate Warriors to see how I'd feel about Hyrule Warriors and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm guessing I'll like Hyrule Warriors as well. Had no idea I could potentially like Dynasty Warrior games.

Jackano

Any tips for finding the skulltulas?

They appears at 1000 kills (which really seems to be 1024 in fact, weird); In story mode at least it's in some specific spots (rocks or walls to bomb, etc). If you bomb a rock and there is nothing under it, it may be because that's the skulltula spot.

Replay the level in easy and when nearing 1000 kills, go back near the spot you think the skulltula is. Or save at 900 kills and restart if you miss it.

McNum

They appears at 1000 kills (which really seems to be 1024 in fact, weird); In story mode at least it's in some specific spots (rocks or walls to bomb, etc). If you bomb a rock and there is nothing under it, it may be because that's the skulltula spot.

Replay the level in easy and when nearing 1000 kills, go back near the spot you think the skulltula is. Or save at 900 kills and restart if you miss it.
You can save mid-fight? How?

Jackano

You can save mid-fight? How?

Main menu by pushing + I believe, and... save option :)
You can leave and power off the Wii U at this point (I think, never did it), or if you die, you will have the option to restart to the last manual save too.

Mask

Played a few hours of co-op with my brother last night. Ganondorf is overpowered as fuck, and is super fun to play as!

But, using the Remote and Nunchuck was the worst experience ever. Whoever decided that mapping regular attack to waving the damn remote was a good idea deserves to have a large cactus shoved somewhere unpleasant. Shit does not work at all, and combos are practically impossible to get right consistently. Either the damn remote wouldn't attack when I needed it too, or it would attack when I didn't and cause me to get hit.

Time to invest in a Pro Controller, me thinks.

McNum

Main menu by pushing + I believe, and... save option :)
You can leave and power off the Wii U at this point (I think, never did it), or if you die, you will have the option to restart to the last manual save too.
Will have to remember that for boss fights. Thanks! And here I thought I had to do all the stage in one go.

Have not been able to post about this game yet.
Picked my copy up on Friday MAN I LOVE IT.

And I don't like dynasty warriors at all but this is so much fun!

<3 all the fan service and it just plays like a charm.

I just beat the second Skyward Sword stage. Never played a Musou before, but I'm loving this game so far. The Zelda fanservice aspect is truly amazing, and the gameplay is mindless fun.

I would totally buy a Hyrule Warriors 2, especially if they focus on 2D Zeldas next time.

Nemesis_

If you beat a level with a candle symbol you're awarded a candle card. You can then use this to burn down trees on the map screen (one candle = one tree). However, you should only use this on squares where there's a tree with a twinkling symbol on it to uncover something useful. Similarly you can earn all kinds of other cards that arch the dungeon treasures from the original Zelda - although I haven't got far enough for that yet, I've been mostly playing Legends mode.

I'm glad to hear that, I felt the same way. I bought One Piece Pirate Warriors to see how I'd feel about Hyrule Warriors and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm guessing I'll like Hyrule Warriors as well. Had no idea I could potentially like Dynasty Warrior games.

Thanks guys!

I will say one thing I love about this game is that every boss battle I know exactly what to do based on previous Zelda games. And I'm surprised the combat is better than I thought it was (it's not just mashing, you've got to do something with an item first). It's a bit more Zelda-ish in that case.

Even the Beamos with the bombs. Great touch.

Reknoc

Kinda wish you just buy items in adventure mode. It's kind of a pain to keep redoing stages that give compasses so I know where to use an item.

The last battle I did yesterday in the
Link museum
was fantastic.
Im really enjoying this multiverese story for what it is.

Fighting against Ganondorf was the easiest boss fight funnly. Thats becuase he has the balls to do special attacks everytime leaving him open for weakpoints, instead of doing backflips or spamming no special attacks lol

jonno394

Hmmm ganondorf isn't as fun to play as as I imagined. He's a beast for sure but not to fond of some of his slow attacks.

Loving the story of this game.

Sify64

That's no fun. Looking stuff up online ruins the game imo. At the same time though, games that make your look stuff up online have flawed design.
i thought adventure mode was geared more towards the poeple that played the original game, so the location of the secrets and item use would be familiar to them.

Social

This game is the shit! Loving it a lot and it's my first Dynasty Warriors game.

For the skulltulas, it helps to mute the BGM and only listen with the SFX turned up. They are mostly under rocks.

MarkusRJR

Are the preorder skins (TP, OoT, SS) all going to available on the eShop? I don't want to preorder (so I can get it later in the year), but if they're only available via preorder I guess I'll have to quickly preorder today.

That's no fun. Looking stuff up online ruins the game imo. At the same time though, games that make your look stuff up online have flawed design.

It sounds like a flaw in trying to replicate the original map for HW - the people who never played the original won't know where to look for the secrets.

In the original game you didn't have to look anything up, because discovery was the whole point, and the manual gave you directions on how to go about it. But if they didn't do that in HW... I could understand the frustration.

As someone who loves the original, I can't wait to play this game and dive into the Adventure mode!

ExReey

Never played a Dynasty Warriors style game before.

After watching some HW reviews, the gameplay looks quite dull and monotonous. Still, because of the Zelda theme and characters, I have to restrain myself from going out and buying the game right this moment :) Nnnngggghhh

It bugs me we couldn't use the Wii Pro Controller with the game and had to resort to waggle for 2p (still need to get a Wii U Pro Controller, so this is probably a sign haha). Aside from that, the gf and I have been having a blast with this game so far.

m0t0k1

It bugs me we couldn't use the Wii Pro Controller with the game and had to resort to waggle for 2p (still need to get a Wii U Pro Controller, so this is probably a sign haha). Aside from that, the gf and I have been having a blast with this game so far.

Seriously?! Warrior Orochi 3 Hyper has Wii pro controller support and online. So Koei knows how to implement it. Really don't see why they could not do the same for HW

Reknoc

It sounds like a flaw in trying to replicate the original map for HW - the people who never played the original won't know where to look for the secrets.

In the original game you didn't have to look anything up, because discovery was the whole point, and the manual gave you directions on how to go about it. But if they didn't do that in HW... I could understand the frustration.

As someone who loves the original, I can't wait to play this game and dive into the Adventure mode!

i thought adventure mode was geared more towards the poeple that played the original game, so the location of the secrets and item use would be familiar to them.

you can also take a look at a map (for the original game) online, most secrets are in place.

Right, I thought secrets would be in the same places as they were in the first game more or less, but as someone who has never managed to get further than like one dungeon, is pretty meaningless to me. Even though you always know there's a secret in the area, and it's usually pretty obvious what you need to use it's a pain to know where, so you can trial and error it but then I'm back to repeating levels to stock up on items that way as well.

It's not a huge deal I guess as you can usually find short stages to get items from, its just something I feel could have been handled better.

Yeah that sucks, but seriously get a Wii U Pro controller. It's really nice. Great for SM3DW, DKC:TP and MK8 too.

TheMoon

Are the preorder skins (TP, OoT, SS) all going to available on the eShop? I don't want to preorder (so I can get it later in the year), but if they're only available via preorder I guess I'll have to quickly preorder today.

Do we know if the preorder costumes will be avalible on the eshop later?

Yes. Was confirmed forever ago.

Someone needs to put this in BIG font in the op as it's probably the most asked question.

...!

source: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=127596935

one_kill

What's there to do with weapons apart from fusing them? Can we sell them?

Also wanted to say thanks to those that replied to my question earlier. I was finally able to find one

Kouriozan

Woooow, that Darunia battle to get his level 2 weapons was hard and you need A rank!
Thankfully I got it.

That damn main ally keep die too fast!
"Hurry, go help it" ... 8 sec later, game over. And of course you are at the opposite of the map everytime, haha.

Dizzy

Banned
What's there to do with weapons apart from fusing them? Can we sell them?

Also wanted to say thanks to those that replied to my question earlier. I was finally able to find one
If you get too many (more than 10 I think) the game will force you to sell some.

It doesnt look like theres way to sell them though outside of this.

Top Bottom