• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

StAidan

Lock-on has been working great for me so far.

I thought about this a little more and now I'm wondering whether my troubles are related to having camera control and lock-on cycling both tied to right analog. I might have been unconsciously attempting to adjust the camera while locked on. I'll have to try and be more aware of that.

Effect

Really enjoying this but I'm wondering if I should just lower the difficulty down to normal and just enjoy the action. I did the first stage on normal and then upped it. Then again I have tried to play it with a headache today and maybe that's what's really annoying me today. Guess I'll decide tomorrow.

jonno394

I must be blind, but on the adventure map when you uncover a secret, like say some stairs, how do you go down them?

I've unlocked lots of characters today just by legends mode. Still missing Zant and Ghirahim though. :(

It unlocks a new "a rank" reward in the relevant map rather than being a secret you interact with.

RE_Player

This game is converting friends and families to Dynasty Warriors. A cousin came over and played it with me and he ended up buying a Dynasty Warriors game for PS3.

Does anyone's game also stutter during the pause menu? Sometimes the music cuts out or it takes a while for the game to register that i pressed a button.

Can someone answer a question about multiplayer for me? My brother's out of town so i haven't had the chance to try it. Can you do ~everything~ in multiplayer?

Dominator

Did the first three levels and I love it. Not a huge DW fan (I purchased 8 on PS4 and couldn't really get into it) but I'm loving this.

fred

Oh shit. After spending a good few hours on Legend Mode I thought I'd have a look at Adventure Mode and Challenge Mode. I'm probably going to plough a couple of hundred hours into this game including the DLC.

This game is going to give me LOADS of value for money lol

2 things I don't understand
1. How to fuse upgrade weapons
2. Stopping the bombchus from destroying the allied base in the Darunia level. Game doesn't really explain things to well.

massoluk

Banned
May be it's because I started on hard right away, but the bosses and mini bosses turned into a grinding exercise even when I break them properly. The super small windows of opportunity on some bosses didn't help.

That said, holy hell, the game deliver. I declare this the best musou surpassing Orochi, even with the much smaller cast

BY2K

Membero Americo
Look what I got.

BykhRVhIEAIVATo.jpg:large

Sify64

2 things I don't understand
2. Stopping the bombchus from destroying the allied base in the Darunia level. Game doesn't really explain things to well.

No, the final weapon dissapears.
You need always to put your best skills into better weapons, but if you have two good skills in shitty weapong you can only pass one of those skills and the other will dissapear with the weapon.

I advise to put things like +exp, +materials, +stars, +slots into weapons with hight star count (more stars more powerful the weapon is up to 5 stars). You will gain better weapons (higher level, they are basically the same weapon but with a different design and usually better power per star) as you continue, but dont worry, you will alwatys get shitty weapons with those skills so you can add them to better ones.

2. Stopping the bombchus from destroying the allied base
The game gives you repeated instructions in the battle log, so I don't understand how you feel the game doesn't explain things well.
Kill the operators that are controlling the Bombcu to stop it from moving to the allied base.

2. Stopping the bombchus from destroying the allied base
The game gives you repeated instructions in the battle log, so I don't understand how you feel the game doesn't explain things well.
Kill the operators that are controlling the Bombcu to stop it from moving to the allied base.

I did that and the base still was destroyed. Game is fun but extremely frustrating.

shaowebb

Anybody know approximately how many hours it will take to 100% this game?

I think someone here said 60 counting adventure mode.
I did that and the base still was destroyed. Game is fun but extremely frustrating.

Without going back and checking I get the distinct impression that this is the Death Mountain battle 1 fight. That one was rough because the east keep and west keep kept falling instantly and that resulted in you main camp instantly taking boulder damage the moment they dropped. The bombchus are too hard to stop in time. Go for the Bombchu operators...then the Bombchus are yours. Its one of the most difficult stages I think I've played and I'm a pretty good ways beyond that now because when I get done my wife goes in and its been a marathon since yesterday.

Best advice I can give is craft all the badges for combo skills immediately and then your next priority are to craft badges to make the keep meter go down quicker. Additionally the badges for inflicting damage on block and for getting an extra gauge are also very very important to the odds in a battle. I would strongly say that badges are more important than weapons. They greatly improve the functionality of all aspects of a character.

Sify64

I'm getting crushed in the Darunia stage. The allied base keeps being defeated because there are two different attacks happening at the same time. And trying to defeat the boss to get a victory takes too much time. More importantly, I can't find the Skulltulas.
There are two bases that you need to capture to stop the boulder attacks on the allied base, keeping these yours are key. If they fall, make recapturing it your priority as it will stop the allied base receiving damage from the boulders..

This should explain things clear enough.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Finally got the game today! But for some reason my WiiU gamepad needed charging even tho my WiiU is off, but anyways, cant wait to jump in

I'm not having much luck trying to get the wind waker for Zelda. I keep incurring too much damage in the stage that's before it to get an A rank. I feel like maybe my characters are underleveled. I saw someone say it's best to have her level 50 when going for the WW

I dont remember being to difficult for me to get the Wind Waker and my Zelda was level 30 something. Maybe 2 tries.

Uh oh, just looked at the time ive been playing the game.
85 hours lol

And im not even done with adventure mode yet. I have all characters unlocked and they are between level 30 to 50.

I just been playing like 2 hours the same level becuase I couldnt get an A rank for Link with the gloves and chain and ball to get that level 3 weapon.
Just got it a few minutes ago. Its
FUCKING CHAIN CHOMP
lol

shaowebb

I dont remember being to difficult for me to get the Wind Waker and my Zelda was level 30 something. Maybe 2 tries.

Uh oh, just looked at the time ive been playing the game.
85 hours lol

And im not even done with adventure mode yet. I have all characters unlocked and they are between level 30 to 50.

I just been playing like 2 hours the same level becuase I couldnt get an A rank for Link with the gloves and chain and ball to get that level 3 weapon.
Just got it a few minutes ago. Its
FUCKING CHAIN CHOMP
lol
What are the requirements to get a A rank?

Ugh, those Twilight Princess levels are TERRIBLE. Easily the worst in the game. Having to worry about dragons and boulders destroying your ally base seemingly instantly is AWFUL.

Man, I had a lot of trouble with the third mission just a bit ago. I decided to take my time and explore, and ended up taking every outpost and keep. Felt great about it until Ghoma dropped in, and then I proceeded to lose the mission 5 times straight due to the Deku Tree running out of health after downing Ghoma a couple times.

Anyway, I eventually managed to finish him off by not missing a single opportunity to shoot his eye, but the unforgiving nature of the battle made me check Google for an explanation. As best as I can tell, the reason I had such a hard time with it was because I took my time putting out the flames in the Deku Tree earlier in the mission, which left less health for the Ghoma battle.

I guess I'll have to be smarter in the future about what objectives are truly urgent and which ones can wait for a bit while I explore.

Well, I'm looking forward to tackling the fourth mission later tonight!

oh crap. I had no idea the flames drained the deku tree area's health. Yeah I thought it was ridiculous how fast the Gohma was killing the Deku Tree. I barely managed to beat it in time on my third try. I had to arrow it at every opportunity and use my musou attacks up as well. It makes total sense though.

Dizzy

Banned
May be it's because I started on hard right away, but the bosses and mini bosses turned into a grinding exercise even when I break them properly. The super small windows of opportunity on some bosses didn't help.

That said, holy hell, the game deliver. I declare this the best musou surpassing Orochi, even with the much smaller cast
Yeah if you go with hard straight away some bosses can take ages to beat. Might be best to play on normal untik you level up a bit or get better weapons.

B-Dex

There are definitely some weird localization issues which makes the instructions convoluted or downright wrong sometimes.

4th mission says to cut down the tentacles blocking the path yet you're supposed to use the Boomerang.... Etc.

So Im really fed up of enemy custcenses (also no retry button), so I just saw in the completitionist video that the next update with the DLC will have finally the option to take them off.
Thanks fucking god. (you will understand when you play the same hard level again and again to get that level 3 weapon for X character).

What are the requirements to get a A rank?

I adventure for the majority of stages A rank is:
-1200 KO
-Less than 15 minutes
-They can't take you more than 10 hearts total (even if you replenish your hearts, it doesnt matter, is 10 hearts).

There are some challenges that change the rules (less KOs for killing X number challenges for example) but as rule of thumb follow the above.

To get the second skulltula in adventure mode the third rule changes. The enemies can't take you more than 4 hearts before you get 1200 kos. After that (if you did right the skulltula will appear at 1200 ko) you can still be hit up to 10.

There are definitely some weird localization issues which makes the instructions convoluted or downright wrong sometimes.

4th mission says to cut down the tentacles blocking the path yet you're supposed to use the Boomerang.... Etc.

Eh IIRC the actually say to cut them down, full stop. And that you will need an item you dont have. They are not going to spell to you to use the boomerang.
Same with any new thing you need an item, they say you need to find awya to take it down, and you need to discover the way or the object.

And I dont know why people are having trouble stopping the bombchus, the game clearly says to kill the engineers to stop them. You can even destroy them without killing the engineer, although when you play that level you are underleveled to do that.

Death Mountain, got told to defeat Darunia, I start heading that way and then it says Bombchu approaching allied base. By the time I get back base is destroyed :(

Sify64

Uhmm, who doesn't know that you need to use a boomerang for vines in a Zelda-inspired Warrior's game? I have no clue how some people are finding the instructions so difficult to understand.

Wow that is way higher than I thought I heard. I am quite happy with this news. :)

If it's one thing Koei knows what to do, is offer a bulging package of content with the base game. Weapons, characters, side challenges, and usually a unique mode for each version of Warriors(Adventure for Hyrule, Ambition for DW8, Gundams side stories) amongst other things.

Death Mountain, got told to defeat Darunia, I start heading that way and then it says Bombchu approaching allied base. By the time I get back base is destroyed :(

That and the ghoma stage are clearly a spike in difficulty because they are tutorials to know how to do things to come. Basically what the game is telling you is to prioritize, even if the main mission is another thing.
Darunia is much slower than the bombchus, kill the engineers of the bombchus first and then run to darunia. If you let a bombchu destroy a base (not the main one, its important you know which ones to go first), do not worry, its not the end of the level, just keep going after the rest of the bombchus.

Prioritize is even harder in some adventure and helping link missions. So you need to start learning how the game plays in this easier ones.

learning real fast just how bad FI sucks as a fighter.....

Not really. Upgrade her, she is pretty good. Best combo to wipe out group is YYYYYX. She is so fast that if you use her well commanders have a hard time to hit you. She is also one of the few characters pretty good against the Imprissioned.

McNum

And that is the end of Legend Mode. That was fun.

Spoilers for the entire thing:

First of all, I like the general style of the game, it's basically a superhero take on The Legend of Zelda. On Normal, at least. You're nigh-unstoppable unless facing an equal opposite, but you can still lose because of strategic errors you make. That's neat.

As for the story, well, fanservice ahoy. And I don't mean Cia. It's basically an excuse plot to get several characters from Legend of Zelda together and fight. And I'm totally fine with that.

A special shout out to the Ganondorf chapters. It's become such a cliche in Zelda by now that when the story seems all wrapped up and nice, then surprise! It's Ganondorf and he's now the final boss! Well, Hyrule Warriors faithfully pulls the same twist, except... YOU are Ganondorf now. And you have to fight Link and Zelda. And... wow at that fight. No wonder Ganondorf has trouble with those two in the main series... they're mean together.

And then the good old "Beat Ganon!" finale. Figure out his attack pattern, use the right tool at the right time, stab him in the face. Same old, same old. Lion-pig Ganon looked awesome, though.

But the funny thing is... when you take a step back, the story gets really silly. Cia basically became a stalker of Link's spirit. mean, the Temple of Souls was basically her shrine to our hero in green. And then she found his spirit being bound to Zelda's and got incredibly jealous, so she started a war across space and time just to get with Link.

And that's that, for now. But Adventure Mode beckons, and there's a ton of heart containers and pieces I haven't found in Legend Mode yet, as well as several characters I've unlocked on the way that I never got around to playing. Zelda, Darunia, Fi... And of course the Adventure Mode unlockables.

Still, I feel like I got my money's worth already. And I still have four more characters to unlock. Any tips for Adventure mode before I set out?

zroid

Banned
Played co-op for a few hours today... the frame rate definitely has issues but I didn't really think the "graphical" downgrade was too noticeable. It wasn't a problem anyway.

MoosiferX

Played until about 3 in the morning last night and inviting a couple friends over to play more tonight. Got through the first 8 or so missions and love the crap out of it.

I've only dabbled in Dynasty Warriors games, but I have to say, if this is what they play like, I'll probably start paying more attention to them!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Played until about 3 in the morning last night and inviting a couple friends over to play more tonight. Got through the first 8 or so missions and love the crap out of it.

I've only dabbled in Dynasty Warriors games, but I have to say, if this is what they play like, I'll probably start paying more attention to them!

They play even better ;)

B-Dex

Uhmm, who doesn't know that you need to use a boomerang for vines in a Zelda-inspired Warrior's game? I have no clue how some people are finding the instructions so difficult to understand.

When you're told to cut something do you assume ok I'll use a wooden boomerang or would it be more logical to assume oh hey I'll use a sword/sharp metal object etc.

Sify64

When you're told to cut something do you assume ok I'll use a wooden boomerang or would it be more logical to assume oh hey I'll use a sword/sharp metal object etc.
If it was a non-Zelda game, then yeah I would assume to use a sword/ sharp metal object.

Top Bottom