• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

kunonabi

Make a Miiverse post and mention this in the Club Nintendo survey.

Honestly it's stupid how they skip over the Classic Controller support but added Wiimote and Nunchuk.

It's getting pretty ridiculous how often the Classic controller gets skipped. I really wanted to play 1001 Spikes and Guacamelee co-op but nope. Pissed me off so much that I haven't played either game since. Hopefully Nintendo will actually do something about Hyrule Warriors. I'm doing fine with the wiimote/nunchuk despite the lack of button mapping options but it essentially forces my friends to always play on the gamepad since they won't use the wiimote/nunchuk.

The way you change elements with Sheik is very interesting. She's quite powerful, although her full Y-combo isn't fantastic, her finishers are really cool

I think we already know the contents of the dlc, right? I think that two dlc should have stages too...while including the free villains, we should receive six new characters total

Yes, three new playable villans, one character from TP and two from MM. However, we've heard nothing of new stages. No stages have been confirmed at this point.

To be fair. You didn't initially believe I was telling the truth about the size of the 2nd map.

Nay, true, I did not believe that it would be a full-size new map. It seems like it's the same map as the one in the game though, only a masters quest version of it. To be honest I was hoping for an entirely new map, but if the levels themselves are brand new then I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Who thought it was a good idea for one of the challenge rooms to fight against wizzro and Volga using Darunia.
Like the stage is not even about killing volga, but oh my, try to wait for the weak point of wizzro while Volga is trolling from all the sides.

Volga is the worst commander of the whole game, fuck him in the ass with the lance he uses like an idiot. He can also use his breath of fire to fry his dick.
Im even sure that when they give him to us as a controllable character he is shit when controlled or something.

kiryogi

Banned
I beat one with my Lvl48 Ganondorf. And my army's morale increased when they saw me struggle against Dinolfos and showed them who the real Demon King is around here.

Tough battle overall.

Oooh good idea, my highest lvl chars were Link and Lana so D: Ganondorf made have made good work of them.

Dizzy-4U

Played for 6 hours straight last night. This game is so much fun.

I'm half-way through the story I think, I just unlocked Zelda. My favorite character so far is Sheik. So damn fast destroys everything in her path.

Do I get more rares if I play on hard?

emb

How does
Ganondorf
work, anyway? I know I can hold X at certain parts of his combo in order to charge up meter, but how do I make use of the meter? The most effective thing I found for him was either full Y or C1; most of his other combos into strong attacks felt slow. Am I missing the point there?

Also while I'm asking, how does Zelda work? Those orbs pop up from time to time, how are they used? Certain combos just use 'em if you have 'em?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Could you describe how Sheik's elements work? I haven't played her much and I'm not certain how to use her right.

Each of her B->Y combos is a different elemental attack (water, fire, electric, dark, light), which then puts an icon next to your Musou Bar. Using Y on its own next time then plays that elemental song, which has a different effect.

Water's really good, as it surrounds you with a water barrier that deflects some attacks and sucks in foes when you attack them I believe. Darkness also seems good as it creates a black hole that sucks foes in.

ultron87

Also while I'm asking, how does Zelda work? Those orbs pop up from time to time, how are they used? Certain combos just use 'em if you have 'em?

All her charge moves have different finishers if you have an light orb vs not having one. For example, C3 (I think) finishes with a light arrow shower if you have an orb but a flurry of stabs if you don't. You can generate three orbs by hitting neutral X, or do her full Y to generate one.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Could you describe how Sheik's elements work? I haven't played her much and I'm not certain how to use her right.

Each combo string ending in X acts like a different spell. YX is a water juggle, YYX is a fire meteor, etc...

After completing one of these combos, hitting X alone will take the element from the last combo you used(lets say you did a water combo YX) and will imbue some specialized elemental spell, in the case of water you get a very useful Water shield buff that lasts for awhile and prevents you from flinching or getting knocked back/stunned(HUGE against the screaming gibdo's!)

Each element has a very unique spell. After a fireball combo, hitting X will summon a giant rune of fire on the ground and a few seconds later a very damaging fire spell blasts the area.

Look under your lifebar after finishing basic attack combos. You will see a colored musical note that dictates what X spell will occur. YX for water juggle creates a blue note, indicating that X will make the water shield.

It's all really simple to figure out and in practice is less confusing that I might have described it being.

How does Ganondorf work, anyway? I know I can hold X at certain parts of his combo in order to charge up meter, but how do I make use of the meter?

The most effective thing I found for him was either full Y or C1; most of his other combos into strong attacks felt slow. Am I missing the point there?

After Ganindorf's meter is full, press Y to hurl a fireball at the ground and deal massive area damage.

Press Y as Zelda to charge her orbs up, then use them in a combo with Y. The zigzag-to-arrow-barrage is especially awesome for taking keeps, provided you direct the barrage back across the middle of the keep.

Fandangox

After Ganindorf's meter is full, press Y to hurl a fireball at the ground and deal massive area damage.

Press Y as Zelda to charge her orbs up, then use them in a combo with Y. The zigzag-to-arrow-barrage is especially awesome for taking keeps, provided you direct the barrage back across the middle of the keep.

Or X, if you are using DW controls.

Basically, just use strong attack without using light attacks.

SoldnerKei

I have been using Zelda for a while, the orbs are used for the X attacks, mostly anything that she does with her bow, the AoE Triforce-thing attack and the light orb from her Y>X combo, don't remember what else

Everyone else was faster ;b

Just finished legends and it was really enjoyable. Few details in the story was weird (
Agitha is sometimes in cut-scenes but almost never in battle and have barely any lines; she shows up as an ally in cut-scenes but then is nowhere to be seen
) and the first time you fight
Ganondorf is really weird, he just shows up out of seemingly nowhere and is really weak. The finale was cool though
!

Adventure mode confuses me despite having read like all the posts in this thread. So it's like, you complete a level, get an a-rank, then you gotta find an item, figure out where to use it and play the level again to claim the reward? Or can you just use the item beforehand?

Each of her B->Y combos is a different elemental attack (water, fire, electric, dark, light), which then puts an icon next to your Musou Bar. Using Y on its own next time then plays that elemental song, which has a different effect.

Water's really good, as it surrounds you with a water barrier that deflects some attacks and sucks in foes when you attack them I believe. Darkness also seems good as it creates a black hole that sucks foes in.

What is this, Zelda-controls? We use the Y -> X terminology :)

Yeah, darkness is amazing. Thunder is also cool when you're just running through a hall. Water seems to last for ages. Fire and light is kind of meh from my experience.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You usually want Ganondorf's Darkness Meter to be full. It imbues his weapons with Darkness which steadily stacks damage allowing you to do more then when the meter isn't full.

You can also launch enemies for air combos by using your C2 to sword plant and then dodge cancel into your standard combo. Most enemy officers can't escape from it.

Kinsei

Banned
What is this, Zelda-controls? We use the Y -> X terminology :)

Yeah, darkness is amazing. Thunder is also cool when you're just running through a hall. Water seems to last for ages. Fire and light is kind of meh from my experience.

Light is meh? You do realize it's not actually an attack, but it actually charges your super meter while you're in the aura, right?

Fandangox

Adventure mode confuses me despite having read like all the posts in this thread. So it's like, you complete a level, get an a-rank, then you gotta find an item, figure out where to use it and play the level again to claim the reward? Or can you just use the item beforehand?

Yeah, you have to use the items to make the rewards pop up. Sometimes you have to items to be able to play the stage at all "Enemies are hidden"

Also, there was no scene with
Lana's two versions merging though, when does that happen?
?

Light is meh? You do realize it's not actually an attack, but it actually charges your super meter while you're in the aura, right?

Isn't it faster to just charge at enemies? SP-meter fills really quickly. Magic on the other hand...

Yeah, you have to use the items to make the rewards pop up. Sometimes you have to items to be able to play the stage at all "Enemies are hidden"

To items to be able? What are you even saying? ;b

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Everyone else was faster ;b

Just finished legends and it was really enjoyable. Few details in the story was weird (
Agitha is sometimes in cut-scenes but almost never in battle and have barely any lines; she shows up as an ally in cut-scenes but then is nowhere to be seen
) and the first time you fight
Ganondorf is really weird, he just shows up out of seemingly nowhere and is really weak. The finale was cool though
!

You should use the item beforehand if you can.

emb

All her charge moves have different finishers if you have an light orb vs not having one. For example, C3 (I think) finishes with a light arrow shower if you have an orb but a flurry of stabs if you don't. You can generate three orbs by hitting neutral X, or do her full Y to generate one.

I have been using Zelda for a while, the orbs are used for the X attacks, mostly anything that she does with her bow, the AoE Triforce-thing attack and the light orb from her Y>X combo, don't remember what else

You usually want Ganondorf's Darkness Meter to be full. It imbues his weapons with Darkness which steadily stacks damage allowing you to do more then when the meter isn't full.

You can also launch enemies for air combos by using your C2 to sword plant and then dodge cancel into your standard combo. Most enemy officers can't escape from it.
Thanks! Makes more sense now, and makes me want to get home already so I can play around with some of this stuff. I love that some characters have these little mechanics to them, and I especially love that all the characters feel pretty unique.

To items to be able? What are you even saying? ;b
I think that means some levels can't even be played until after searching. In general it's best just to use the compass to find them; not all the secrets are identical to Zelda 1, and even if they are my memory is always fuzzy. You can exit to the menu to save, come back and use the compass, then press the home button to reset.

It always seems to tell you if you need to search for something, so make sure to do that before playing the level. Especially before you go working to A rank a level just to realize you forgot to search. -_-

So just found a shitty bug in adventure mode that is going to make me repat a stage 4 times.

I the level3 weapon midna stage, first time I didnt get in time to kill ganodrf. Ok, makes sense. So the second time I want to get the second skulltula.
I barely get any harm from enemies during the first 1200 ko, but the second skulltula never appears. I was, well maybe someone took me 4 and a quarter hearts but im pretty sure I havent get more than 2. Ok... I continue up to ganondorf's base and after 2000 KO just as the doors of the base open, lo and behold, BAM 2nd skulltula appears in the other corner of the map (impossible to get there, as its faster than the first skulltula). Of course I didn get in time to kill ganondorf either so I have to repeat it again.

WHAT THE FUCK. 2000ko, I go to the menu to see if theres some strange rules for this skulltula, nope, 1200ko still.
So yeah, fucking bug. Thanks game.

I think that means some levels can't even be played until after searching. In general it's best just to use the compass to find them; not all the secrets are identical to Zelda 1, and even if they are my memory is always fuzzy. You can exit to the menu to save, come back and use the compass, then press the home button to reset.

It always seems to tell you if you need to search for something, so make sure to do that before playing the level. Especially before you go working to A rank a level just to realize you forgot to search. -_-

Oh, so if it says like A-rank ? search you actually need to do the search first.

Reseting the game sounds really annoying, no way I'm doing that. I've only played the original Zelda a little so I'm using this instead: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.se&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://toragame.com/zelda_musou/adventure/map_black.php&usg=ALkJrhgUXBNahd7PCEAHJivFpCWtUsm6Lg

It's a Japanese website translated with Google Translate. The images say more than a thousand words though.

emb

Oh, so if it says like A-rank ? search you actually need to do the search first.

Reseting the game sounds really annoying, no way I'm doing that. I've only played the original Zelda a little so I'm using this instead: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.se&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://toragame.com/zelda_musou/adventure/map_black.php&usg=ALkJrhgUXBNahd7PCEAHJivFpCWtUsm6Lg

It's a Japanese website translated with Google Translate. The images say more than a thousand words though.
Yeah, if it says 'search required' in the A rank box beside a ?, you have to search then A rank. If it's for the bronze one, you heave to search then finish the mission. Either way just make sure you do that stuff first. Between forgetting search, repeated attempts at A rank, and coming back for skulltulas and hearts, I might end up playing some of these levels a lot of times.

Aside from being a completionist, is there any big reason to collect golden skulltulas after you have like 15 of them? Do they keep upgrading potions and such? What do you even get for completing a whole picture? I have all the normal difficulty ones from Legends.

Jackano

Jump' back to the japanese game to see the vilains gameplay.
Just refurbishing my tweets:

Volga
zlCfzSfzFjkaBrX4Wu
Ok, Volga is cool. Why? He has Oberyn Martell's weapon! But he's the dragon knight and he want to burn them all.
He got his moveset too but I guess there isn't much ways to fight with a long spear. Dat style nevertheless.

Cya
Ok, Cya is a mistress who beat enemies with a pole and a whip. More sexy, but less fun to play.

Wizzro
And Wizzro is a slow character who use magic projectiles, kinda a new gameplay here. Looks powerfull.

Overall it's a good surprise, they play well. Inline with the rest of the content, quality-wise.

Seik

Banned
Can anyone comment on the difficulty? I played a few hours this past weekend with a buddy and playing on hard, it seemed like we were breezing through stuff.

Had no problem breezing through the first stages with a friend yesterday, too.

Then I reached the single player stages and got my ass kicked twice, will train to be better tonight, tough, yesterday was my first session. :p

Its my first warriors game and also started in hard.
Le me say I dont usually like playing games on hard the first time a touch them, but I had a great time with it. Thought it was a good doable challenge and nothing too crazy.

I saw many post here recommending to start on hard, like any DW game, I understood why right after the first stage, hah!

If you're playing on hard, don't be shy on spending rupees to raise your character's level.

Thanks for the advice, I totally forgot about the Bazaar right after going through the couple of tutorials in the beginning. Will go there right when I'll start.

ohlawd

godddd

I've had enough of adv mode. Everything is a fucking damage sponge now. Can I farm an absurd amount of rupees somehow?

So just a friendly reminder so you dont make the smae mistake as me in the Level 3 midna weapon mission.

The 2nd skulltula appears ONLY when beating the first mission (capture 4 enemy bases marked in green). Even if you kill 3000 enemies, its still will not appear until then.
The problem here is, the last base you usually conquer is near ganondorf's main base, so when you gain that base the first mission is done and the 2nd skulltula appears... In the other corner of level.
So the trick is, dont go after this base the last, try to win it one of the firsts. Also be careaful of any projectile enemies, aghanim and fi so you can do your less than 4 hearts thing. Its pretty easy with a good level Midna though. Just spam YYXXX, it utterly destroys any commanders, captain and officers it finds.

godddd

I've had enough of adv mode. Everything is a fucking damage sponge now. Can I farm an absurd amount of rupees somehow?

What level are your characters and how much of the map have you done? Im pretty advanced (with majority of characters at level 50) and havent got a problem with enemy sponges yet.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
S Rank? Can you get higher then A, or did they just rename it in the English version.

Wait, you haven't been S-ranking every Adventure Mission?

Hope you like beating each level without taking more than 4 Hearts, killing 1500 foes, and doing it all under 10 minutes.

Japan uses different rankings for some reason. I think they just have S, A, B, while the US has A, B, C

ohlawd

What level are your characters and how much of the map have you done? Im pretty advanced (with majority of characters at level 50) and havent got a problem with enemy sponges yet.
most are in the 30s >_>
Highest is Lana 41. Cleared almost the entire map except for the left and right borders and the top two rows.

hence the rupee question. even an extra 10 levels might help with damage dealing

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
most are in the 30s >_>
Highest is Lana 41. Cleared almost the entire map except for the left and right borders and the top two rows.

hence the rupee question. even an extra 10 levels might help with damage dealing

O.O what? My link was almost 50 by the time I beat story mode. Guess hard mode scaled for way more exp :p

ohlawd

O.O what? My link was almost 50 by the time I beat story mode. Guess hard mode scaled for way more exp :p
I did Normal and half on Hard for Legends. (lolol I actually started on Hard then switched to Normal since I got tired of taking 20-30 mins per stage)

My Link is lvl 39

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Played the entire campaign in Hard mode, and my Link ended it at 40. You must have been doing some adventure mode missions with him in between or replayed some stuff.

But yea, most of my other heroes are averaging around lvl 25 with only a handful of Adventure missions done so far. I do feel under-leveled for many of them right now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Played the entire campaign in Hard mode, and my Link ended it at 40. You must have been doing some adventure mode missions with him in between or replayed some stuff.

But yea, most of my other heroes are averaging around lvl 25 with only a handful of Adventure missions done so far. I do feel under-leveled for many of them right now.

Nope didn't do any adventure mode, only time I replayed with him was to get a heart I might have missed. Which didn't happen often. I just cleared every map fully :p I also made sure I had exp + on my weapon even if it was a little bit weaker up til the point you get the master sword

most are in the 30s >_>

I suppose legend mode with its 1.5 multiplier on hard is better to grind rupees.
Strange you havce the map neraly completed like me but still have the majority of characters at level 30. At least you had to have the same amount of rupees I had to level up some of the characters.
Did you play legend in hard or normal? Maybe it was that, try to beat it in hard.

EDIT

I did Normal and half on Hard for Legends. (lolol I actually started on Hard then switched to Normal since I got tired of taking 20-30 mins per stage)

My Link is lvl 39

Then thats probably the problem.
My Link is level 60 (level 40 at the end of legend) and is certenly not the one that I used most. I dont know why he gains exp that much faster than the other characters, even if the other i use also have +exp with their weapons.
Also do more network links (high level ones are probably how I got a level 60 link lol).

RiggyRob

godddd

Help out Network Links, they'll give you like 50k+ rupees each.

Also, there was no scene with
Lana's two versions merging though, when does that happen?

Why would that happen though?
Cia dies/disintegrates, only Lana is left. Basically, the White Sorceress is now Lana, who wouldn't exist if Cia didn't split the darkness away from the light inside her.

I just beat legend mode. I loved the last 2 scenarios; they were very fun.
And I see to get the second skulltula in the last chapter you need to use Darunia!?!? Ha, I'll probably save that one for last, I don't like Darunia.
Time to go through adventure mode now.

Why would that happen though?
Cia dies/disintegrates, only Lana is left. Basically, the White Sorceress is now Lana, who wouldn't exist if Cia didn't split the darkness away from the light inside her.

I just thought I heard that that would happen. I could almost swear someone had spoiled images of it to me. Maybe I was wasted though, wouldn't be the first or last time.

emb

I just thought I heard that that would happen. I could almost swear someone had spoiled images of it to me. Maybe I was wasted though, wouldn't be the first or last time.
I think it's
a DLC costume? If so it could also be part of a DLC scenario, or something they just wanted to add in for fun.

Rnr1224

I was really unsure about this game on its release day, but looking at different reviews and gameplay videos, I have changed my mind and will be buying it sometime this weekend!

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone have a spare Skyward Sword costume set that they would be willing to part with it? I have a 30 day PS+ trial that I'm willing to trade for it.

Top Bottom