• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Just played my first stage as Ganondorf.

That was everything I ever wanted.

Swords, energy balls, summoning parts of Beast Ganon (his arm specifically, haven't unlocked all of his combos). And just slaughtering. Oh the slaughtering.

This whole game could've just consisted of this one stage and I'd have been satisfied. That was glorious.

kizmah

This is my first Musou game and I'm just having a blast. So good to have a new "Zelda" to play while waiting for the true next legend.

p8XteQt.jpg

ohlawd

Then thats probably the problem.
My Link is level 60 (level 40 at the end of legend) and is certenly not the one that I used most. I dont know why he gains exp that much faster than the other characters, even if the other i use also have +exp with their weapons.
Also do more network links (high level ones are probably how I got a level 60 link lol).

Help out Network Links, they'll give you like 50k+ rupees each.
k I did some and wow this is nice

I need a ton more people tho

ADD ME EVERYONE

NNID: ohlawd

I don't care what path in life you walk on. Help me save my sanity.

Just had my first experience where a skulltula disappeared before my eyes. It was the first second skulltula I'd unlocked by not losing 4 hearts before completing an objective, and with Agitha of all characters.

zruben

Banned
guys, a quick question; my preorder basically failed and I didn't manage to get one.

is the pre-order DLC is available on the eshop, or included on the "season pass"? how much does it costs?

thanks in advance.

guys, a quick question; my preorder basically failed and I didn't manage to get one.

is the pre-order DLC is available on the eshop, or included on the "season pass"? how much does it costs?

thanks in advance.

Season pass is $19.99 for 4 DLC packs that will be released in the next few months.

It is a huge amount of content and is a great deal

I thought the villains were going to be released today, but I see now that's only for Japan.

That's really shitty. Oh well

My id is on my profile, so if anyone wants to add me, feel free

Just found out a second set of skulltullas unlock after you clear a certain stage. FUCK! I've been going through Legend mod making sure to get everything available and only doing it on hard. Now I find out I will have to do each stage again at least one more time later on because some damn skulltullas unlock? So frustrating.

zruben

Banned
Season pass is $19.99 for 4 DLC packs that will be released in the next few months.

It is a huge amount of content and is a great deal

oh, great.

you know if the season pass includes the preorder DLC? (Link and Zelda OoT and TP costumes)...
I know it sounds silly, but my GF is a huge OoT fangirl, and that would help her enjoy the game a little more.

Kinsei

Banned
oh, great.

you know if the season pass includes the preorder DLC? (Link and Zelda OoT and TP costumes)...
I know it sounds silly, but my GF is a huge OoT fangirl, and that would help her enjoy the game a little more.

It doesn't, but the pre-order stuff will eventually be available to purchase.

Blizzard

Banned
I think the game finally got delivered today! I guess Amazon Prime isn't much faster than normal Amazon for Friday releases. :'(

RiggyRob

oh, great.

The season pass does not include the preorder DLC (costumes for Link and Zelda). You can get the Ganondorf costumes when you register the game on Club Nintendo.

As per the OP:

wVZfjBc.png

Yoshi88

Ugh, sometimes this game is so frustrating at the latter stages of the adventure map. Especially the stages, where you unlock the 2nd and 3rd weapon levels. You are limited to the correspondent character (mostly one with a weak lvl. 1 weapon) and somehow the levels seem to be designed extra hard. The damage taken-limit is really annoying there. One combo taken from a boss or bigger officer and you can say 12 minutes of work goodbye.

I'm somehow stuck at all of these level types and it's a bit frustrating to play for 1,5 hours and get....nearly nothing (aside from some rupees).

Nevertheless, i'm getting my money's worth. 60+ hours and counting.

McNum

"Caution! All attacks are devastating!"

That was fun! So when this games says "all attacks" it means both mine and theirs. Well, Gidbos are crazy-scary in melee under these rules, so in a fair fight that would just have it freeze me and a minion one-hit me. Not much incentive to fighting fair there.

Enter: Lana, Archer extraordinaire! Ten arrows later and I got my ten Gidbo heads. Polite, efficient, has a plan to kill everyone she meets. Lana is an honorary Sniper.

Adventure mode is fun. And that very first map is great for test driving new characters. I wish i knew more of the original Legend of Zelda, though. I'm at Ruto's square, I think I need to bomb that thing there. Maybe. Looks sort of like a rock. Also, need to pay to level up Darunia some. And try him out since that level has goodies for him.

NeonZ

Adventure mode is fun. And that very first map is great for test driving new characters. I wish i knew more of the original Legend of Zelda, though. I'm at Ruto's square, I think I need to bomb that thing there. Maybe. Looks sort of like a rock. Also, need to pay to level up Darunia some. And try him out since that level has goodies for him.

You don't bomb rocks, they only break walls. You need to push rocks with the bracelet.

Hey guys. I've been playing this game and it's good fun and I was considering playing coop with my girlfriend. I've been hearing some bad things about the coop mode though and im hesitant to try it on her if it's gonna be crap. Can I get some opinions?

zruben

Banned
The season pass does not include the preorder DLC (costumes for Link and Zelda). You can get the Ganondorf costumes when you register the game on Club Nintendo.

As per the OP:

wVZfjBc.png

yeah, I saw that disclaimer, but it still wasn't clear for me if the DLC was part of the season pass (there's a lot of costumes listed there) or if they were sold separately.

thanks for the clarification and sorry for the trouble.

DJ_Lae

I'm going to have to grind a bit or spend rupees to level my characters - after beating legend mode and playing some random levels with my daughter, my link is about level 39 or so, and everyone else is 20 or less. Not sure how or why that happened, but trying to finish some of the character specific adventure mode levels is damn near impossible at their levels.

Wait...This game has online? :/

I didn't know either, or I missed something. If it's miiverse stuff, I said no when it asked if I wanted to automatically upload achievements (this is why it would be nice if the WiiU just had an achievements section somewhere).

Kyzon

So just found a shitty bug in adventure mode that is going to make me repat a stage 4 times.

I the level3 weapon midna stage, first time I didnt get in time to kill ganodrf. Ok, makes sense. So the second time I want to get the second skulltula.
I barely get any harm from enemies during the first 1200 ko, but the second skulltula never appears. I was, well maybe someone took me 4 and a quarter hearts but im pretty sure I havent get more than 2. Ok... I continue up to ganondorf's base and after 2000 KO just as the doors of the base open, lo and behold, BAM 2nd skulltula appears in the other corner of the map (impossible to get there, as its faster than the first skulltula). Of course I didn get in time to kill ganondorf either so I have to repeat it again.

WHAT THE FUCK. 2000ko, I go to the menu to see if theres some strange rules for this skulltula, nope, 1200ko still.
So yeah, fucking bug. Thanks game.

Did it say use a particular character in general?

Hey guys. I've been playing this game and it's good fun and I was considering playing coop with my girlfriend. I've been hearing some bad things about the coop mode though and im hesitant to try it on her if it's gonna be crap. Can I get some opinions?

It isn't that bad at all. It works much better if one person uses the controller as a screen and one person uses the TV. Don't do the split screen on the TV. That is where it is rough.

yeah, I saw that disclaimer, but it still wasn't clear for me if the DLC was part of the season pass (there's a lot of costumes listed there) or if they were sold separately.

thanks for the clarification and sorry for the trouble.

No need to apologize. You were asking a legit question. Even if it was specifically spelled out (which it wasn't) it is easy to overlook things.

Soul Beat

Feel free to add my NNID: Zoracka so we can all have some more link.

Not coop. You can find other people's link in adventure mode and get extra rewards (I think) for completing that level.
Do you have to be friends in order to find people's Links?

If so, you guys should totally add me. :p NNID: SoulZERO

Anyone else really liking Link trainee costume (it's the costume that Link uses on the first level)? I've been using it more than the other costumes; it looks clean and it also doesn't have the hat. Seeing Link with frame-perfect hair and without a hat is quite unusual.

Also: "defeat the home owner". Can't say I saw that request coming.

SoldnerKei

will add whoever has posted their NNID as soon as I get home, I need those rewards :'D
also we can play smash 4 when it comes out

Yoshi88

Added some of the NNIDs of the last few pages and will continue to do so the next few days. Online-Links are more fun to grind and collect rupees then normal levels anyway :)

Here's my NNID: Yoshi1788, add me!

RiggyRob

Anyone else really liking Link trainee costume (it's the costume that Link uses on the first level)? I've been using it more than the other costumes; it looks clean and it also doesn't have the hat. Seeing Link with frame-perfect hair and without a hat is quite unusual.

Also: "defeat the home owner". Can't say I saw that request coming.

I like the OoT costume for Link, looks cool when you're pulling off lightning combos with the Power Gauntlets.

However, despite OoT Zelda looking great when she's static, it looks awful from behind when she's running (i.e. the majority of the time). It's like she's got the dress taped to two invisible triangles behind her legs.

Also my NNID is the same as my GAF username, in case anyone's missed it: RiggyRob.

That was fun! So when this games says "all attacks" it means both mine and theirs. Well, Gidbos are crazy-scary in melee under these rules, so in a fair fight that would just have it freeze me and a minion one-hit me. Not much incentive to fighting fair there.

Enter: Lana, Archer extraordinaire! Ten arrows later and I got my ten Gidbo heads. Polite, efficient, has a plan to kill everyone she meets. Lana is an honorary Sniper.

I beat that one by attacking normaly, had to repeat twice. lol
Now I know better and do all of them with the arrows.
BTW theres an achivement for only using items on a stage, i recommned using this stages and the arrows to get it.

And that makes more sense than the spanish description.
In spanish is:
"Caution! Fight for braves."
lol

Did it say use a particular character in general?
No, but you need to use Midna anyway to get the weapon.
No skulltula are limited to characters in dventure mode (only if the stage is limited to that character of course)

As I said some posts after, is a bug in the mission, i could get it after with the same character, but you need to finish the first mission for the skulltula to appear. I dont remember second skulltulas tied to missions in other levels of advneture.

pdk27

Finally broke down at downloaded this game on Sunday. I'm glad I did. I've really been enjoying it so far. I guess Dynasty Warrior games are enjoyable when you actually care about the characters.

NNID: pdk1427

Just found out a second set of skulltullas unlock after you clear a certain stage. FUCK! I've been going through Legend mod making sure to get everything available and only doing it on hard. Now I find out I will have to do each stage again at least one more time later on because some damn skulltullas unlock? So frustrating.

You know... if you had fun with the game and now you had no fun anymore than stop playing it and play another game.

Graphics and framerate are horrible in coop.

Magnus

I tried the demo at a kiosk today. Underwhelmed. Enemies really weren't doing anything. I didn't understand if it was a bug, or an easy-mode turned on for the demo or what.

Slash, slash, move to next area, slash, slash. Getting to use bombs was fun.

Enemy models were kind of blah. The King Dodongo looked terrible. Music was annoyingly repetitive. Framerate was blah when a lot was happening onscreen.

I did feel very cool executing the crazy ass super move with the A button, clobbering about 200 enemies at once.

I'm not sure this game is for me.

Fandangox

I tried the demo at a kiosk today. Underwhelmed. Enemies really weren't doing anything. I didn't understand if it was a bug, or an easy-mode turned on for the demo or what.

Slash, slash, move to next area, slash, slash. Getting to use bombs was fun.

Enemy models were kind of blah. The King Dodongo looked terrible. Music was annoyingly repetitive. Framerate was blah when a lot was happening onscreen.

I did feel very cool executing the crazy ass super move with the A button, clobbering about 200 enemies at once.

I'm not sure this game is for me.

I mean that was the first stage, it really isn't objective heavy. The enemies are fodder, except for the officers, it's more about prioritizing tasks and area control. Although this doesn't take away from the other problems you found in the game.

I think if you could try to find a way to play the Death Mountain level or one of the harder Adventure Map stages you might get a sense of how the game actually plays.

So all of a sudden my minimap keeps zooming in and I really don't need it to, how can I make it not do that?

Never happened before this stage (Death Mountain)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So all of a sudden my minimap keeps zooming in and I really don't need it to, how can I make it not do that?

Never happened before this stage (Death Mountain)

One of the directional inputs on the dpad toggles the map to zoom-in. It will zoom out briefly when major events occur that need your attention which is why you see it do that. Just tap whatever d-pad direction toggles the map to reset it back to full mode.

Top Bottom