• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

correojon

Have played the game for 6 hours or so and I´m loving it :) I still can´t grasp all the systems of the gameplay, but it feels like slowly but steadily everything is falling into place, the sense of progression in this game is fantastic. I have been playing Legend mode exclusively and won´t try the other modes until I finish it, unless you guys recommend it for unlocking weapons/materials or whatever faster.

I have used Link (sword and fire rod), Impa (big sword) and Sheik. it´s great how each character needs to be played in a different way, even link felt totally different with the rod. However, I didn´t like Impa at all, I found that her attacks were too straight and I had a lot of problems dealing with mobs. She felt very strong for 1 VS 1 battles, but with no AoE moves the mobs were always interrupting me...does she unlock an AoE move later to help with this or am i playing her totally wrong?

Also, is there a wiki, online guide or similar that goes into depth with the game system? I don´t want a collectibles guide, I will try to find everything on my own, but I´m loving the game systems and it would be great to get more information on how everything works (like details on each characters combos, strategies, etc...)

Have played the game for 6 hours or so and I´m loving it :) I still can´t grasp all the systems of the gameplay, but it feels like slowly but steadily everything is falling into place, the sense of progression in this game is fantastic. I have been playing Legend mode exclusively and won´t try the other modes until I finish it, unless you guys recommend it for unlocking weapons/materials or whatever faster.

I have used Link (sword and fire rod), Impa (big sword) and Sheik. it´s great how each character needs to be played in a different way, even link felt totally different with the rod. However, I didn´t like Impa at all, I found that her attacks were too straight and I had a lot of problems dealing with mobs. She felt very strong for 1 VS 1 battles, but with no AoE moves the mobs were always interrupting me...does she unlock an AoE move later to help with this or am i playing her totally wrong?

Also, is there a wiki, online guide or similar that goes into depth with the game system? I don´t want a collectibles guide, I will try to find everything on my own, but I´m loving the game systems and it would be great to get more information on how everything works (like details on each characters combos, strategies, etc...)

Always get all the moves for a characters weapon before you even begin to judge it. Impa's giant blade is amazing. The move where she creates a water bubble -- I believe it's YYX -- is fantastic.

And I wouldn't use wikis for things like that. You'll find more enjoyment in figuring these things out yourself. Just remember to pay attention to whatever bars/icons appear underneath the special attack bar for certain characters.

TheMoon

Thanks for the answers, guys!

I'm not finding it more fun, honestly. It actually feels more tedious.

I just did "Battle of the Triforce" and the last mission (where you have to defeat both Link and Zelda) took me more than 30 minutes (if not more).
Link and Zelda kept reviving themselves. Just when I was about to defeat one, the other revived. It took me a while to finally get them both at the same place so I could finish them [almost] at the same time (that way they wouldn't be able to get enough time to revive).

Thank goodness for the saving option, cause the checkpoint didn't help much (and I wish materials were automatically picked up after defeating an enemy :p)

That's why I'm finding it more fun. It forced me to figure out to get one of them down to very low health, then run over to KO the other one, quickly run back and finish the first target.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered it. Kindof getting tired of Destiny and I love me some Zelda and love me some Musou. Listening to Eclipse of the Sun for the hundreth time finally broke me. Man is that song awesome.

Finally got Ruto's level 3 weapon. Fuck you Zant and fuck you Aeroflos that REFUSE to die. Had to cheese Zant with the XY combo since blocking him takes too long and the weak point attack doesn't deal enough damage to make up for it.

Meeps

I noticed that Death Mountain has the square platform with a circle of stones on it outside of Goron City just like in Ocarina of Time. I wonder what other little references I've been running past without noticing.

There are a lot of nice small touches in the Lake Hylia map too -- King Zora's throne room, the sign post at the bottom of Zora's Domain, the fisherman's hut in the corner of the lake.

There are a lot of nice small touches in the Lake Hylia map too -- King Zora's throne room, the sign post at the bottom of Zora's Domain, the fisherman's hut in the corner of the lake.

I didn't notice that!

I also love how the first mission in that stage on Legends mode is to jump off of the waterfall! What a charming little touch.

El Odio

Banned
The keeps in the temple itself also have water level signs by the doorways.

Also what level do you guys recommend for hero mode? I did the first mission with my level 53 link, white sword, and it would take about 3 shield bash combos to kill even the weak officers.

NeonZ

The keeps in the temple itself also have water level signs by the doorways.

Also what level do you guys recommend for hero mode? I did the first mission with my level 53 link, white sword, and it would take about 3 shield bash combos to kill even the weak officers.

I think Hero mode Legend is pretty much just for maxed characters. Only return there after you've finished Adventure mode.

Holyshit the upper left side of the adventure map is totally bullshit with its levels.

Try using the worse characters to beat this stages (thankfully the bombchu trick in the zelda one worked like charm).
Got some serious porblems in the agitha ones but could power thorugh them at the end (14:54 minutes thank god).

And then there is Link with the giant fairy. WTF Another everspawing fat moblins stage with a weapon too big for its own good.
I know she probably is going as fast as the other characters, but when she runs it seems so slow that lana and zelda always die.

The time and the everspawning enemies are the worst problems of this stages.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
In adventure mode, what's the reason it ask if you want connect to internet...?

Random Link's will appear over tiles on the map pulled either from your friend list or just AI(if no Wii U friends) offering unique missions with some nice rewards. The higher level of the Link that shows up the greater the rewards. Really no reason not to connect as they are optional(though you really should just do them for the huge rupee reward and occasionally powerful weapons).

bobohoro

Holyshit the upper left side of the adventure map is totally bullshit with its levels.

Try using the worse characters to beat this stages (thankfully the bombchu trick in the zelda one worked like charm).
Got some serious porblems in the agitha ones but could power thorugh them at the end (14:54 minutes thank god).

And then there is Link with the giant fairy. WTF Another everspawing fat moblins stage with a weapon too big for its own good.
I know she probably is going as fast as the other characters, but when she runs it seems so slow that lana and zelda always die.

The time and the everspawning enemies are the worst problems of this stages.

Just did that one an hour ago, so I have some fresh advise for you.

- Go straight past the first batch of officers and secure the Central Keep, maybe killing some moblins that follow you in the process
- Go North and get those two keeps you need
- Siege and Fortifiy Officers will spawn, kill them if they are somewhat near, especially the Siege Officers can mess you up
- Go to your Allied Base and check on Zelda, kill stuff, if Lana is still alive you are in luck, if not it's not quite so bad. Take out Zant if possible, then proceed south and take the other two keeps
- It's possible that you lost one keep, but it most probably was the Central Keep which does not matter for your mission. Otherwise reclaim lost territory and check on Zelda again
- You should have 1200 KOs already and 5 minutes left. Go get Cia, don't forget that you can power up the Fairy with C1 if time is running out, makes a pretty big difference in damage output

My Link was Lv71 and it took me two tries to beat the stage. After Agitha, Darunia and Zant, this one should really not be quite as difficult to overcome.

So yeah, I got all weapons, now I need to unlock the last couple of Adventure Mode stages, get A-Ranks all around, unlock Evil's Bane and still have lots of Skulltulas and Hearts to get, as well as Hard/Hero Legend Mode. Never getting done in time for the DLC, haha. And Bayonetta is approaching fast too, pushed my planned PS4-purchase back to december. Samurai Warriors 4 gotta wait a bit. :D

In adventure mode, what's the reason it ask if you want connect to internet...?

See OP.

So5PFnt.png

Meeps

Ugh. Zant, Agitha, Lana, and Darunia's top row level 3 weapons left to unlock. I'm glad they're way more generous with the damage that you can receive to still get A-rank.

Just did that one an hour ago, so I have some fresh advise for you.

- Go straight past the first batch of officers and secure the Central Keep, maybe killing some moblins that follow you in the process
- Go North and get those two keeps you need
- Siege and Fortifiy Officers will spawn, kill them if they are somewhat near, especially the Siege Officers can mess you up
- Go to your Allied Base and check on Zelda, kill stuff, if Lana is still alive you are in luck, if not it's not quite so bad. Take out Zant if possible, then proceed south and take the other two keeps
- It's possible that you lost one keep, but it most probably was the Central Keep which does not matter for your mission. Otherwise reclaim lost territory and check on Zelda again
- You should have 1200 KOs already and 5 minutes left. Go get Cia, don't forget that you can power up the Fairy with C1 if time is running out, makes a pretty big difference in damage output

My Link was Lv71 and it took me two tries to beat the stage. After Agitha, Darunia and Zant, this one should really not be quite as difficult to overcome.

So yeah, I got all weapons, now I need to unlock the last couple of Adventure Mode stages, get A-Ranks all around, unlock Evil's Bane and still have lots of Skulltulas and Hearts to get, as well as Hard/Hero Legend Mode. Never getting done in time for the DLC, haha. And Bayonetta is approaching fast too, pushed my planned PS4-purchase back to december. Samurai Warriors 4 gotta wait a bit. :D

This helps a bunch, thanks!

I was trying to rescue lana becuase if not alway that group of fuckers try to go to my keep. I can beat the stage, but if I go to kill Cia before the 10 minute mark all those everspawning moblins start to run like crazy invading everything and killing my main base in under a minute. I always loose if I try that, so i have to be like 20 minutes trying to kill them all before i go to cya.
There was once when i had all the keeps besides 1, and in 2 minutes (while I was trying to kill Grahim in my main base) 4 fat moblins appeared from nowehere and invaded all my keeps, in less than 3 the had got 3 of my bases. It was absolutely crazy.
And im level 75 but i cant seem to get good fairy weapons to drop.

I didnt even know you could power up the fairy, maybe that helps.

EDIT
And... it worked like charm.
Basicaly you need to let Lana die, forget about Grahim and go after the siege guys while you get the two upper bases. After that defending the main base from Zant, getting the two below and going after cia is a cakewalk because they dont seem to spawn so fast.

Kinsei

Banned
Ugh. Zant, Agitha, Lana, and Darunia's top row level 3 weapons left to unlock. I'm glad they're way more generous with the damage that you can receive to still get A-rank.

The damage isn't the problem in those stages. I've still been taking less than 4,00 damage on them.

You'll know true despair when you finish a stage in 15:01 like I did on Zant's stage.

El Odio

Banned
I'm assuming that the illustration pieces you get from the skulltula's are fixed? Seems weird that I don't have a single piece from the last one but am only missing one for the first one. I will see what link's face looks like!

Kinsei

Banned
I'm assuming that the illustration pieces you get from the skulltula's are fixed? Seems weird that I don't have a single piece from the last one but am only missing one for the first one. I will see what link's face looks like!

Yep, they're fixed. I'm currently wondering where to find the last 2 pieces of the fourth picture.

Meeps

Finally got all weapons! Thanks to everyone who suggested rushing the bottom keeps first in the Darunia lvl 3 stage. I got it first try with that strategy.

And Kinsei - I just helped your Network Link!

zulux21

not level 32... though I beat it the boss at the end took something like 25 weakness breaks to kill lol.

Dreavus

Does hero difficulty scale at all?

With the 2nd Skulltulas being available to hard, I figure it's something I'll leave until the very end game when everyone is a much higher level.

Dizzy-4U

On one hand, you guys were right. The weapons you get from helping net Links are way better than regular (went from a 190 rod to a 420 one).

On the other hand, for some reason, all the rewards have been rods so far. I've done like 8 and they were all lvl.3 rods. Is it bugged or something?

Mesoian

My online stuff for Adventure Mode doesn't seem to be working at all. I've never seen anyone on my map and i'm almost finished with it.

Does hero difficulty scale at all?

With the 2nd Skulltulas being available to hard, I figure it's something I'll leave until the very end game when everyone is a much higher level.

Nope, it doesn't.

Also Hard mode isn't that hard. You should give it a try, I breezed through the Legend mode on hard and only found 1 level to be difficult.

NM I'm dumb.

And no, Hero mode doesn't scale.

Dreavus

My online stuff for Adventure Mode doesn't seem to be working at all. I've never seen anyone on my map and i'm almost finished with it.

Nope, it doesn't.

Also Hard mode isn't that hard. You should give it a try, I breezed through the Legend mode on hard and only found 1 level to be difficult.

NM I'm dumb.

And no, Hero mode doesn't scale.

Thanks. And whoops, yeah I can see how that sentence could be confusing.

I've been playing on hard all this time, but it's manageable, so I have no problems using that to get the second round of skulltulas. Since hero mode doesn't scale that might be an option for end game too just for kicks.

El Odio

Banned
I've been listening to the OST while doing hw for classes and I gotta hand it to them, aside from some real stinkers (I'm looking at you commando killing song) they did a pretty good job fusing zelda songs with what I assume is the usual DW type of rock music. Plus the original songs like Eclipse of the Moon are godlike.

zulux21

So I figured why not get a list of IDs going (unless there is one that just isn't in the OP or I missed it.)

thus I created a google spreadsheet and I should have it just turned so anyone with this link can edit it...

link will be hidden in email tags so that lurkers can't mess with the list.

for the record feel free to move me down the list... my name feels wrong at the top it should be at the bottom :p

Dizzy-4U

So I figured why not get a list of IDs going (unless there is one that just isn't in the OP or I missed it.)

thus I created a google spreadsheet and I should have it just turned so anyone with this link can edit it...

link will be hidden in email tags so that lurkers can't mess with the list.

for the record feel free to move me down the list... my name feels wrong at the top it should be at the bottom :p
Great. I'm in.

On one hand, you guys were right. The weapons you get from helping net Links are way better than regular (went from a 190 rod to a 420 one).

On the other hand, for some reason, all the rewards have been rods so far. I've done like 8 and they were all lvl.3 rods. Is it bugged or something?

I've only gotten weapons that I have level 3 for. That being said, I haven't run into level 3 Shackles or Gauntlets yet, even though I have them. I haven't "cleared out" the Links that have appeared on my map. Maybe they need to refresh? At any rate, I'm not sure what the answer to that is. Though since I've only been seeing Level 3 weapons offered, I'm not certain that they offer anything less Do you have other level 3 weapons unlocked?

I helped out somebody's Link, and was massively underleveled. With Fi, no less. I won, but it took half an hour. Got a 420 True Goddess Sword out of it though! Yippee!

PKrockin

This is the first time I've really wanted voice acting in a Zelda game. It's too demanding of my eyeballs sometimes to read the messages while so much chaos is happening on screen. It'd help a lot if they let my ears take some of the burden of absorbing all this information. And it's a little more personal and less robotic when you hear something from the soldier/character's own voice about the huge force spotted heading toward their keep or whatnot. Instead I guess we'll go on with silence awkwardly broken by continuous grunts, moans and squeaks. Does Dynasty Warriors have voices for these alerts?

kiryogi

Banned
This is the first time I've really wanted voice acting in a Zelda game. It's too demanding of my eyeballs sometimes to read the messages while so much chaos is happening on screen. It'd help a lot if they let my ears take some of the burden of absorbing all this information. And it's a little more personal and less robotic when you hear something from the soldier/character's own voice about the huge force spotted heading toward their keep or whatnot. Instead I guess we'll go on with silence awkwardly broken by continuous grunts, moans and squeaks. Does Dynasty Warriors have voices for these alerts?

Yes, the most jarring and only con IMO to Hyrule Warriors is the lack of voice acting. In normal warrior games, they will announce in full voice when from major officers when something big is happening.

Golnei

Yes, the most jarring and only con IMO to Hyrule Warriors is the lack of voice acting. In normal warrior games, they will announce in full voice when from major officers when something big is happening.

Considering the dubious quality of the narration; I'm happy they didn't go with full voice acting. But perhaps some more distinctive clips would have helped - it's why I generally have an easier time noticing Proxi and Midna compared to others.

And in regards to cutscenes, my only complaint is the scrolling text noise - if they had gone only with sound effects for the beginning and end of each dialogue box and the character's voices themselves, as with most of the 3D games, they'd sound much more tolerable.

jimi_dini

Defeat 1000 enemies in 10 minutes as Agitha.

I didn't know a sadist worked on this game.

Yeah, I have no idea how anyone should beat that with an A rank. Must be some trick to it, idk. Even simply beating it is a pain.

Agitha is so bad. She really likes her silly "up into the air, but slow" move. Sometimes when the framerate fluctuates, the game ignores some of my button presses. I'm pressing YYX and she only does a single Y attack, then I press Y again and in some situations she then does that stupid up in the air attack, which is not abortable, which means she will get hurt. It's so badly designed :/

I also really don't like that some bosses have invulnerability phases after some of their attacks, but when I do those attacks I'm vulnerable the whole time. At least it looks to me that way.

Yes, the most jarring and only con IMO to Hyrule Warriors is the lack of voice acting.

I prefer it the way it is. Zelda, Link etc. shouldn't get a voice.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, I have no idea how anyone should beat that with an A rank. Must be some trick to it, idk.

Agitha is so bad. She really likes her silly "up into the air, but slow" move. Sometimes when the framerate fluctuates, the game ignores some of my button presses. I'm pressing YYX and she only does a single Y attack, then I press Y again and in some situations she then does that stupid up in the air attack, which is not abortable, which means she will get hurt. It's so badly designed :/

I also really don't like that some bosses have invulnerability phases after some of their attacks, but when I do those attacks I'm vulnerable the whole time. At least it looks to me that way.

The A rank is easy with Link. You can kill 100 people in a single combo using Link's final weapon. Beating it with any rank with Agitha is the hard part.

That up into the air combo is what I used to beat it. Her C5 (The combo where she sends the beetle flying forward) was the only way I could get enough kills in time. Still took me about 10 tries even with that strategy. On the bright side, my Agitha is now level 63.

jimi_dini

The A rank is easy with Link. You can kill 100 people in a single combo using Link's final weapon. Beating it with any rank with Agitha is the hard part.

Yeah, I meant beating it with Agitha :p

That up into the air combo is what I used to beat it. Her C5 (The combo where she sends the beetle flying forward) was the only way I could get enough kills in time. Still took me about 10 tries even with that strategy. On the bright side, my Agitha is now level 63.

C5? What exactly do you press to get it? Is there a list of combos, that explains them in detail? I'm never really sure how many button presses are required for each combo, I'm just finding a way to do them and then repeat that. Sometimes it's dependant on timing as well for example Sheik - I simply button-mash Y until she does the forward motion and jumps into the air, then I press X immediately to get that special attack going right after landing. I have no idea how many X presses are required to get it. :/

kiryogi

Banned
I prefer it the way it is. Zelda, Link etc. shouldn't get a voice.

I agree in a way that it keeps with the Zelda tradition, but for a warriors spinoff, it just feels really off, not to mention you end up missing it half the time due to all the action. Thank god for the battle log.

Top Bottom