• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

I despise how Apple uses UPS to ship to me. UPS sucks when delivering to my house, they don't get hear until late in the evening. While FedEx on the other hand gets hear sometimes in the morning and mostly in the early afternoon.

-d0hv
It sucks, I'm like the last stop for UPS they don't get here until after 7PM.

Fedex on the other hand comes between 11AM & 3PM.

Honestly the removal of the headphone jack is no big deal for me and my use.

Same. I never charge + listen, I pretty much have only used Apple EarBuds with my iPhone, and my car has BT/USB, so I dont need the aux jack.

I can see how it would rub some people the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure coming from iOS7 16GB 5s, I'll have more pros than cons with this upgrade.

Struct09

My Apple Store order estimated for 9/16 has been "Preparing for shipment" all week. Are they overnight shipping these now? I remember with previous iPhones they shipped them out from China a bit ahead of time.

neshcom

Banned
T-Mo pushed my launch 7 (128, matte black) from Friday to 10/13. I'd rather they just told me that when I ordered instead of giving me a tracking number and getting my hopes up.

VertPin

My phone is in Louisville. Be nice if it got here (Iowa) tomorrow...

ALSO AS A REMINDER - To see shipping before you even get an email:
Go here: https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US
Use your cell phone number as the "Shipment Reference"
Enter your zip code.

I still have yet to get a shipping email but my phone is indeed in Kentucky.

I take it I can't do this with my order from Apple as mine is scheduled for Oct 4-Oct 10. Jet Black 256GB. 🤗

eosos

Banned
Anyone see any cool looking clear cases out there? Trying to decide what I want to cover this thing with. The peel one looks cool too though

I despise how Apple uses UPS to ship to me. UPS sucks when delivering to my house, they don't get hear until late in the evening. While FedEx on the other hand gets hear sometimes in the morning and mostly in the early afternoon.

Apple definitely seems more like a FedEx kind of company, but I imagine UPS is the only carrier that can handle the sheer volume of shipments during an iPhone launch.

Dany

Banned
Team Caseless is a lot harder to join in a major city.

But that matte black...I wonder if sprint stores (after work friday) would have any jet black available? ��

I dislike clear cases. Sooner or later they'll turn yellow and a lot of junk and dusk manages to settle in the case.

Didn't receive a call back on the iPhone Upgrade program issues yet. :( I called them, and apparently they are going through a list and manually calling one by one or something. Apparently inventory came back in for reservations very early in the morning, but I wasn't notified by email even though I apparently was supposed to be according to the Apple rep I have been talking with since Sunday. It's been such a mess. :/

Jeffrey

im curious how the gloss black will look after a year or 2.

it looks shitty with a few scratches, but what if it was ALL SCRATCHES.

could look aight.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Didn't receive a call back on the iPhone Upgrade program issues yet. :( I called them, and apparently they are going through a list and manually calling one by one or something. Apparently inventory came back in for reservations very early in the morning, but I wasn't notified by email even though I apparently was supposed to be according to the Apple rep I have been talking with since Sunday. It's been such a mess. :/

Did you try reserving again today? They increased shipments. I had issues on day one but this morning was able to get a reservation for the phone I wanted for Friday. (In the US)

See my earlier post about this.

spyder_ur

I am due for an upgrade on my 6. I'm with ATT and now off contract. Is there any guide on my best upgrade/purchase options for the 7? Not totally opposed to switching carriers if needed.

I'm just confused, I've bee fine with the $200-$300 upgrade options in the past, but it looks like they did away with that option.

kaskade

I am thinking of trying to re reserve for the matte black but apparently I have to cancel my reservation to see the new stock. That makes me nervous if I can't get the old one back. Maybe I'll just be happy with the white. I've had black phones the last 3 generations.

I am thinking of trying to re reserve for the matte black but apparently I have to cancel my reservation to see the new stock. That makes me nervous if I can't get the old one back. Maybe I'll just be happy with the white. I've had black phones the last 3 generations.

I am going silver for the first time ever. All my iOS devices have been black but I decided to change things up this time.

parasight

My order still says Processing. I chose in-store pickup and have my pickup time window for Friday. Should I be worried that it's still in the Processing phase?

Did you try reserving again today? They increased shipments. I had issues on day one but this morning was able to get a reservation for the phone I wanted for Friday. (In the US)

See my earlier post about this.

Yeah I don't think I was clear. :/ I read that shipments increased. I checked for reservations at 8-9 in the morning, 10, and a couple hours back. Still sold out. The rep who has been 'in contact' with me was surprised I didn't receive an email about increased stock, but it didn't really matter because if my local stores did have new stock..it ran out really quickly.

DarkJC

I also live by an agenda widget on the home screen of my phone, and I hate that I can't have widgets of any kind on iOS home screens..

Just want to clarify that as of iOS 10, there is a widgets screen to the left of the first home screen now as well.

saelz8

So, I ordered a 7+ Matte Black on Friday. I cancelled a few days later with the intention of waiting in line at my Apple Store. I hear about the massive stock issues that are very likely, due to the Upgrade Program Members (Word is they are taking walk-in stock and making it available to those members). I re-order just now and my delivery date only changed a few days, what the what? I expected it to be way later.

October 4-10 is now October 7-14.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Yeah I don't think I was clear. :/ I read that shipments increased. I checked for reservations at 8-9 in the morning, 10, and a couple hours back. Still sold out. The rep who has been 'in contact' with me was surprised I didn't receive an email about increased stock, but it didn't really matter because if my local stores did have new stock..it ran out really quickly.

Aww, sorry about that. Hope it works out for you.

Wasn't planning on getting it, but said fuck it when Apple emailed me this morning and said there was stock for apple upgrade people haha.

Guess I am getting mine Friday.

The lack of the headphone jack actually attracted me to the iPhone 7 Plus. I thought, they must be doing this for a reason.. I really like the development of the W1 chip as I do not care for BT technology. I hope W1 takes off and is used more successfully than BT.

Also it's just a refinement of an already excellent existing phone. The camera on the Plus looks sexy and I don't mind that the screen is not curved at this time.

Time will tell but I think the removal of the headphone jack is a good idea and will be seen in the future as the first step towards another standard for that type of technology.

Red

The lack of the headphone jack actually attracted me to the iPhone 7 Plus. I thought, they must be doing this for a reason.. I really like the development of the W1 chip as I do not care for BT technology. I hope W1 takes off and is used more successfully than BT.

Also it's just a refinement of an already excellent existing phone. The camera on the Plus looks sexy and I don't mind that the screen is not curved at this time.

Time will tell but I think the removal of the headphone jack is a good idea and will be seen in the future as the first step towards another standard for that type of technology.
W1 is not its own wireless standard. Apple is still using Bluetooth.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hmm I'm hearing the jet black scratches easy? Now I'm wondering if I should switch to the matte black this late in time. My order on preorder day was set for release in November lol.

crustikid

You aren't in the Bay Area are you? I want to cancel my 128gb AT&T matte black and get it in silver, and they told me the same thing. I have a 930am reservation so I am hoping to go early to get a silver model.

DOWN

Banned
Did your shipping address ever change?

I tried again with Apple today, and they gave me the same line about Citizen One not allowing address changes.
It never changed. I got an email on Monday saying my phone had already processed by the time they received the request. They never specifically said anything about the bank.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I wish I had gotten a 6+ for my iup phone.

My reservation is the last of the day so there is no chance they have a matte black 6+ for me to swap to.

I would have be super lucky.

ciD_Vain

So I wish I had gotten a 6+ for my iup phone.

My reservation is the last of the day so there is no chance they have a matte black 6+ for me to swap to.

I would have be super lucky.
There is no such thing as a matte black 6+ iPhone.
Jk I know you mean the 7+

Top Bottom