• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

The Flash

Banned
UHmM0X7.jpg

hwalker84

Got Orchid's ending 3 and Sadira's ending 1.

Don't know if this matters but I ultra'd everyone with Orchid.

Sadira I only ultra'd a few.

Only messed around with him for a little bit but...it seems like Fulgore kinda sucks. There are rarely good opportunities to build meter. Sure you can build a bit here or there but compared to everyone else's meter generation it's pretty abysmal.

I'll have to play with him a bit more but first impressions aren't great. I imagine he'll be stuck as a lower tier character for for the most part.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Only messed around with him for a little bit but...it seems like Fulgore kinda sucks. There are rarely good opportunities to build meter. Sure you can build a bit here or there but compared to everyone else's meter generation it's pretty abysmal.

I'll have to play with him a bit more but first impressions aren't great. I imagine he'll be stuck as a lower tier character for for the most part.

dont forget his "triple" double which is the best way to gain bar

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What triple double? Also how the hell do you do the chest laser?

they said it was one of the 3 ways to gain meter

i am having difficulty doing it though... i have done it a few times though

\/ ah yes that's it. i was thinking it was another input... but it's a hold

daman824

Unlock all of the endings for a character and then beat arcade mode on medium with them (without losing) to get the "secret". That's what filthierich said.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Beat arcade mode with Jago...his ending was kinda meh, at least the one I got.

Messing around with Fulgore now, I like him. Something odd though, I noticed there is no 'fan' or nuclear symbol or whatever it is in the circular spot in his instinct meter...its just empty. Does anyone else have this or is my game glitched?

Synth

I just want to inform everyone that I have a problem with the term "Triple Double", as it seems to imply six hits.

That is all.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
If you any of you moved your instinct meter position up or down in the HUD options, thats why the nuclear symbol doesnt show up in Fulgores instinct meter. I reset the position to default and sure enough now its there.

Edit: and yeah Ultras seem faster now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd dislike the endings more if we didn't seem to be getting 3 per character. That's a nice bit, along with the intro animations. A little something in between battles would have been nice though; even if it was just a piece of artwork of the character transitioning to the next area.

Thunder's Retro Alt is officially out too, btw.

Anywho, I played in a lobby online, and... it was really framey, skipping frames everywhere. I've restarted the game since the patch downloaded, but now, I've given Xb1 a reset, to see if that helps later.

I rather like Fulgore so far, as he has a bunch of BS he can pull off without meter, but even more once you get it. It's funny he actually has a "super beam" motion, rather than just pressing instinct again. His combo trait kinda throws me off at first, as those light charges go by pretty fast, but nothing one won't get used to. His normals are all very direct and to-the-point, and all the link shenanigans he can get off normal -> projectile are pretty fun.

I'd dislike the endings more if we didn't seem to be getting 3 per character. That's a nice bit, along with the intro animations. A little something in between battles would have been nice though; even if it was just a piece of artwork of the character transitioning to the next area.

Thunder's Retro Alt is officially out too, btw.

Anywho, I played in a lobby online, and... it was really framey, skipping frames everywhere. I've restarted the game since the patch downloaded, but now, I've given Xb1 a reset, to see if that helps later.

I rather like Fulgore so far, as he has a bunch of BS he can pull off without meter, but even more once you get it. It's funny he actually has a "super beam" motion, rather than just pressing instinct again. His combo trait kinda throws me off at first, as those light charges go by pretty fast, but nothing one won't get used to. His normals are all very direct and to-the-point, and all the link shenanigans he can get off normal -> projectile are pretty fun.
where did you hear there are 3 endings per character and also how do you get them?

hwalker84

where did you hear there are 3 endings per character and also how do you get them?

When you beat the game and go to the cinematic it'll say "Sadira ending 1" for example. Been confirmed by myself and from the devs on twitter. Need to get all 3 and beat medium without dying to get the special shadow jago fight. I just don't know the criteria to get Orchid 1 and 2.

Anyone know how to get the other endings? I'm thinking it may have to do with ultra comboing certain characters, and maybe waiting for the time to run out on certain matches?

Chairhome

I've got two endings so far. Both played on noob difficulty. Haha. I'm putting down what I did so we can figure out the ending criteria
Fulgore (ultra on most enemies, died a few times)
Fulgore prototype passed inspection, released or something to that effect
Thunder (ultra everyone except Fulgore, beat under 6 min (match clock), no continues)
Orchid gets you to spare her life by telling you that Eagle is still alive

man. I'm just garbage now haha

I'm learning some of Fulgods combos and attacks but I'm just a wreck playing

lol taking so much time off was no bueno . will play arcade tomorrow :D

VariantX

That Shadow version of his slide looks very awkward. lol. And he does two tiny fireballs. Those were the only changes. I really hope that there will be more changes than that later one. But that Ultimate though! Pretty awesome, even if it's no blood and whatnot. :p

he also has a dive kick too.

SegaShack

Got an XB1 at launch and loved this game despite any shortcomings due to the high quality of the game itself and what was there was great. I used to fight AI on Killer all the time. I play arcade and hard mode and it is just impossible. Not in a fun or challenging way. Just imagine never landing a hit and having 95% of your combos broken after just a few hits.

Even on normal after a few battles the difficulty ramps up. I don't get this new AI. When I play people and lose against them online I feel it is because of skill that I lost. The AI just feels cheap/rigged to me now. Jump next to orchid? Instant anti-air attack, every time. Jump while fighting Sadira? Get ready to get hit and slowed by a web 5 times.

What happened with the AI? Before it felt like it was actually a player who could have flaws. I wasn't just rusty in this game. To make sure I went online and I was able to beat 10 people in a row. I can beat Eyedol in KI Classic in a few tries while the arcade mode gets rediculous with the difficulty.

For all the time it took to release story mode I feel that it is a joke. Fighting all they players on stages that already exist, along with small text basesd cutscenes made up of assets that already exists is just cheap. I say this as someone who loves this game, but I am very let down by the story mode, it cheapens a high quality experience.

The good news is that Fulgore and his stage are really cool.

Does anyone else feel this way? I can't be the only one right?

Top Bottom