• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

IGN has a nice article and image of Maya.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/11/evo-2014-maya-revealed-for-killer-instinct-season-2

KI_Maya_Colour_03CB-720x1441.jpg

That stage is beautiful. I can't wait to see it when they finally get it all completed. Also, seeing that render, i'm really loving the way Maya looks.

pf3VoaW.jpg

They fixed Combo's face. Thank goodness, he looks a lot better now.

Niiice, they improved him greatly.

@KI_Central: With Season 2, they are committing to delivering new things such as characters and so forth every month.

Oh god I'm just realizing that we are probably not getting 6 characters at the start of season 2 like season 1...

At this point in the year last year... We have had 3 playable and saw the fourth stage (thunder announce... Always leaving the oddball announces for EVO)

So we are likely starting with 3 or 4. Actually I think Maya being revealed by concept art kinda says it all to me.

pretty much exactly what I thought when the panel ended. Combo being incredibly far along after 6 weeks is an indicator of how hard IG is working, but there's no way they'll be able to push out 6 characters by November.

.la1n

That stage is beautiful. I can't wait to see it when they finally get it all completed. Also, seeing that render, i'm really loving the way Maya looks.

Niiice, they improved him greatly.

Other than his eye being all kinds of WTF then yeah, it's an improvement.

.la1n

I was hoping Maya would be one of the ones in Season 2, so this makes me happy. Cinder may yet be revealed on Sunday, so we'll have to wait and see.

They are introducing Maya as the next character for Season 2 so I imagine that what we are seeing is as far as they have gotten. I'd love another surprise but with the small development time they have had I don't see it being a possibility. I have been going over the Maya design and can't really find anything I don't particularly like about it so here's to hoping it translates over to the in game model.

I don't think I will be purchasing Season 2 at this point, there are other games that I think deserve the support more than this one. I am always open to being proven wrong but it feels like even more of a mess than Season 1 was as far as development time and having a clear direction. Would have went a long way towards good will if they had mentioned going back to fix the issues people had with Season 1 accessories and costumes. There is also no excuse for not letting us know who is involved with the music / audio at this point. I think TJ Combo really shows that right now there isn't a good grasp on what people liked about the original game. Terrible art design aside, auto barrage is one of the worst executed and visually distracting ideas I have seen. Watching his slow Ultra just highlights that.

Unfortunate that the Q&A didn't last long enough and that there wasn't more people there willing to ask real questions.

They are introducing Maya as the next character for Season 2 so I imagine that what we are seeing is as far as they have gotten. I'd love another surprise but with the small development time they have had I don't see it being a possibility. I have been going over the Maya design and can't really find anything I don't particularly like about it so here's to hoping it translates over to the in game model.

I don't think I will be purchasing Season 2 at this point, there are other games that I think deserve the support more than this one. I am always open to being proven wrong but it feels like even more of a mess than Season 1 was as far as development time and having a clear direction. Would have went a long way towards good will if they had mentioned going back to fix the issues people had with Season 1 accessories and costumes. There is also no excuse for not letting us know who is involved with the music / audio at this point. I think TJ Combo really shows that right now there isn't a good grasp on what people liked about the original game. Terrible art design aside, auto barrage is one of the worst executed and visually distracting ideas I have seen. Watching his slow Ultra just highlights that.

Unfortunate that the Q&A didn't last long enough and that there wasn't more people there willing to ask real questions.

Wow, jumping to conclusions based on...nothing?

I for one have total faith in Iron Galaxy.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

I agree with everything you said but I think youre being pretty pessimistic about IG's willingness to improve aesthetics and gameplay based on fan feedback especially considering the very brief time they've had to work on the game. They seem just as engaged with the fan base as DH was if not more so. I highly doubt Combos auto barrage and Ultra is gonna stay like it is now.

And yeah Maya's design is really solid, she's the last character I wanted or cared about and now I can't wait to see her in action.

.la1n

Wow, jumping to conclusions based on...nothing?

I for one have total faith in Iron Galaxy.

Based on what information we have been given so far, including what information we should have at this point but don't. Also an entire first season of the game. If they want to be more forthcoming with information then my opinion may change. If you don't criticize games / developers early then you don't see changes being made. I am not the kind of person to just sit back and hope for the best because the developer has a history of making solid ports of other people's games.

If there was truly nothing to base a conclusion on then I wouldn't even be posting about it, come on. Also conclusion is a little harsh, I haven't made a final call on a game that isn't completed yet. I just don't feel real great about it at the moment, I would love nothing more than to eat crow on this one and for the whole team to prove every doubt I have wrong. I love Killer Instinct, always have.

edit: KI EVO pools on stream now: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo2

LTWheels

I'm excited to see more of IG's characters. Based on what they have showed off of TJ, and talked about with Maya, they sound mechanically interesting to me.

I think that the gameplay of this season of characters will be more diverse, as Season 1's role was to establish the basic arch-types.

.la1n

I do like how they are incorporating what appears to be brighter colors in the new stage, KI doesn't necessarily have to be all grim dark :)

I do like how they are incorporating what appears to be brighter colors in the new stage, KI doesn't necessarily have to be all grim dark :)

Well, I mean, that's what KI is all about. :p Most of it's stages are dark, with a stages with some actual light to it. Hah.

I also expect City of Dawn to get dark, they did say a typhoon would be appearing in it.

Fake Edit: I just realized that you were talking about colors. lol.

j0hnnix

This is exciting news :) One of the main reasons i got an xbox one. I hope the keep up the good work for sometime. I dont play much online but I love KI no matter how i play it.

Biker19

Banned
That now leaves Cinder, Riptor, Kim Wu, & Tusk left as the only original characters from KI 1 & 2 that has yet to be confirmed. Rest will be all new characters just like with Sadira & Aria. :)

Durock

That now leaves Cinder, Riptor, Kim Wu, & Tusk left as the only original characters from KI 1 & 2 that has yet to be confirmed. Rest will be all new characters just like with Sadira & Aria. :)

Don't forget Eyedol and Gargos should they change their mind and decide to include them at some point.

.la1n

Don't forget Eyedol and Gargos should they change their mind and decide to include them at some point.

I think out of the two Gargos would be the best candidate for an update that could potentially be pretty amazing. Boss character if nothing else would be cool.

T.O.P

Banned
Winners bracket
EG|Justin Wong (Sabrewulf) vs. RM|CD Jr. (Sadira, Jago)
ttswagg (Sadira) vs. RG|Rico Suave (Fulgore, Thunder)

Losers bracket
Pretty E (Orchid) vs. Gutter Magic (Thunder)
IC|MyGod88 (Sabrewulf) vs. Mr. Grimmmz (Jago)

2 sabrewulf
2 sadira
1 orchid
2 jago
1 fulgore
2 thunder

Great variety

Rooting for Rico Suave as always

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So... Cinder trailer today or was Maya the only tidbit they're giving us at EVO? :(
Id be shocked if we got a Cinder trailer today, pretty sure Maya's reveal (even if just concept art) was the big news. Of course Id love to be wrong.

Top Bottom