• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Sadira's air combos are only like 3 or 4 hits lol...and no one else in season one really has air combos.

TJ's still being worked on so more changes to come

KI_Central ‏@KI_Central 9s
They are continuing to make improvements with his look and animations

and

KI_Central ‏@KI_Central 19s
They will make changes so Combo will appear taller

yay

manual4

Banned
maya

BsS0lU4CQAA9yu9.jpg:large

.la1n

I think Maya looks pretty good actually, will wait for in game model before making any final judgement on that. I am okay with her being in, always nice to see more female fighter representation.

edit: Nice to hear they want Season 2 classics to closer fit the originals but what I would prefer to hear over that is that they are going to fix Season 1's first. Make that effort first.

Synth

Probably the most significant upgrade to any character design so far imo (other than Glacius, I don't care what anyone has to say). I didn't think there was any possible way to fix Maya.

Skab

Stage shot

Some new bits on her play style from eventhubs

What we know so far is that Maya's play-style heavily revolves around her daggers. She has the ability to lose them, has something called "Blade Bouncing," and she can even level up her weapons. KI Central notes that Maya can recapture her daggers, using them similarly to a boomerang.

Hmm.. I'm honestly not too excited for KI Season 2, gameplay wise, since so many new things are going to be added that it's just going to change up the game. But we will see.

I'm still looking forward to how Maya will be playing, along with seeing her stage.

Plus the Stage Ultras.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@KI_Central: With Season 2, they are committing to delivering new things such as characters and so forth every month.

Oh god I'm just realizing that we are probably not getting 6 characters at the start of season 2 like season 1...

At this point in the year last year... We have had 3 playable and saw the fourth stage (thunder announce... Always leaving the oddball announces for EVO)

So we are likely starting with 3 or 4. Actually I think Maya being revealed by concept art kinda says it all to me.

@KI_Central: With Season 2, they are committing to delivering new things such as characters and so forth every month.

Oh god I'm just realizing that we are probably not getting 6 characters at the start of season 2 like season 1...

At this point in the year last year... We have had 3 playable and saw the fourth stage (thunder announce... Always leaving the oddball announces for EVO)

So we are likely starting with 3 or 4. Actually I think Maya being revealed by concept art kinda says it all to me.
I suspect this will be the case due to the nature of the studio switch. Kind of unavoidable because of that.

Wonder what this means
My understanding from listening to commentary (Im by no means an expert at KI), is that there are complaints about the way he has to build the pips to his shadow meter. Apparently this puts him at a much bigger disadvantage than other characters at high level play (someone with some better know how can hopefully exclaim that better). I would imagine the changes will deal with that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think 5 is where we'll start off, luckily. As long as characters are being added, that's fine by me.

I hope hope hope for 4. I don't mind if we were to get one in Dec/Jan/Feb and March (when KI season 1 was supposed to end)

The wait for spinal and fulgore was killer

Nori Chan

Well we technically do have 4. TJ, cinder, maya, and aria.

Top Bottom