• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

.la1n

IGN live playing KI right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sKFbkeKEd8

edit: nothing in particular shown we haven't already seen, was hoping they might show some online vs but they did not. One thing is he did play a Vs CPU match with the AI set to "Kyle" mode (I believe that is the correct name) and it was pretty insane. CPU was using combo / counter breakers and heavy damage combos.

brettreyu

kleners @ SRK.com just posted some pics of the XB1 pad.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8526656/#Comment_8526656

According to him all are common ground and if we're lucky tomorrow he will hook it to an arcade stick.

Also, you just read that in Prof. Farnswoth voice.

Having an impossible time finding out if any brick and mortar retailers will have the Fight Stick on Friday. Question is now, will it be easier to rip out the PCB from an Xbox One controller and dual mod or wait until Amazon ships the TE2 on December 13th.

Dai101

Banned

Already posted last page

1nxJG4m.jpg

.la1n

Oh no, I fail again :)

soooo in relation to the video, was that confirmation we will see the launch trailer tomorrow night?

edit: pins look alright, it's a love it or leave it kind of deal with the Penny-Arcade artwork. I would have preferred something else entirely but apparently pins are popular.

Anyone else have their order of the KI Ultimate Pin Edition ship yet from the Microsoft store?

Since I preordered it, the order page continues to show "backordered" near the top along with "order in process" in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

The reps I've spoken with continue to say not to worry about it and I should receive it Friday, even though I chose the "free" shipping.

So any word on the TE2 sticks from amazon? I was really hoping to get it by friday, but now the release date says 12/13? And the estimated ship date says it cannot be currently determined. It seems like people who ordered from the madcatz store are going to get them on release, am I SOL since I ordered through amazon?

So any word on the TE2 sticks from amazon? I was really hoping to get it by friday, but now the release date says 12/13? And the estimated ship date says it cannot be currently determined. It seems like people who ordered from the madcatz store are going to get them on release, am I SOL since I ordered through amazon?

Even if you preordered from Madcatz unless you were in the initial patch of preorders (a few days after preorders became available-Oct) you won't be getting a stick at launch. Plenty of people with Madcatz preorders aren't getting their sticks on launch. They'll fullfill all preorders as stock becomes available. Mid December for Amazon. Seems like a wash if you aren't getting it at launch, so might as well go with Amazon.

derFeef

My console is shipping, come on friday.
I am mostly excited about DR3 - but KI will be the first game I will play - Dojo mode first step.

brettreyu

Even if you preordered from Madcatz unless you were in the initial patch of preorders (a few days after preorders became available-Oct) you won't be getting a stick at launch. Plenty of people with Madcatz preorders aren't getting their sticks on launch. They'll fullfill all preorders as stock becomes available. Mid December for Amazon. Seems like a wash if you aren't getting it at launch, so might as well go with Amazon.

Bummer, expected but still unfortunate news. Frys has them on their website with a ship date of 11/21, but no idea if they are getting any in stores.

.la1n

That's pretty awesome seeing how they implemented classic stages in practice, makes it look like it's being projected onto the background. We can also use classic music correct?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
That's what i heard in a stream. I didn't know about the classic stages being "projected" in the training stage. Thats RAD.
Yeah that is pretty sick, of course now Im wondering if the 2D classic stages are playable outright lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
when do spinal and fulgore release? i heard march, this cant be true??

The tentative time is January for Spinal, March for Fulgore. People who buy the Ultra Edition might get to play them earlier than that.

It's included with the cost of the game, it's just coming out later. And when Fulgore comes out, he'll be bringing the "Story Mode" with him.

These characters will be coming with their own stages, music, icons, taunts, and accessories, so it shouldn't be hard to believe it'll take a couple of months for them to be completed and released. They don't seem to be sitting on pre-made content to release as DLC; they're completing it, and releasing it ASAP. Not to say elements aren't complete, but the full thing just isn't ready yet.

I guess we aren't getting that Launch trailer that was promised

I do wonder who we have to blame for the slow release of the launch trailer. DH not got it ready? Microsoft holding it until launch day / night? An exclusive reveal at IGN or on Spike TV? It would have made sense to have seen it right as the KI reviews went up, and that would have given it more time to sway people to hunting for release day XB1s, but they seem to have not taken that path...

shaowebb

Im seeing a lot of nigh 100% combos. Is TOD a pretty big factor in this game with breakers or not? Game is gorgeous, but Im trying to understand the meta here.

I do wonder who we have to blame for the slow release of the launch trailer. DH not got it ready? Microsoft holding it until launch day / night? An exclusive reveal at IGN or on Spike TV? It would have made sense to have seen it right as the KI reviews went up, and that would have given it more time to sway people to hunting for release day XB1s, but they seem to have not taken that path...

Maybe because the game was rushed and they haven't even made the classic costume skins and haven't even started on spinal and fulgore yet. The trailer would probably be the same old footage we have seen a million times already

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone else have their order of the KI Ultimate Pin Edition ship yet from the Microsoft store?

Since I preordered it, the order page continues to show "backordered" near the top along with "order in process" in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

The reps I've spoken with continue to say not to worry about it and I should receive it Friday, even though I chose the "free" shipping.

I have mine ordered through there. Microsoft store in the past has delivered day one shipping for free shipped items (the only one i've ever ordered from them was gta 5).

We should see a shipping update tomorrow - tomorrow night, hopefully. But i figured if it doesn't happen, I can always play the demo until my copy comes in.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Im seeing a lot of nigh 100% combos. Is TOD a pretty big factor in this game with breakers or not? Game is gorgeous, but Im trying to understand the meta here.

To get such damage, your opponent would have to mess up multiple breaker attempts, and the ones you've seen in the Prima video also require the use of Instinct, to reset the Knockdown value, after doing an ender that cashes in the first combo's temp damage.

The Prima Writeup Here should do a good job explaining the kind of risk one must take, in order to get higher and higher damage.

Haines

Banned
The tentative time is January for Spinal, March for Fulgore. People who buy the Ultra Edition might get to play them earlier than that.

It's included with the cost of the game, it's just coming out later. And when Fulgore comes out, he'll be bringing the "Story Mode" with him.

These characters will be coming with their own stages, music, icons, taunts, and accessories, so it shouldn't be hard to believe it'll take a couple of months for them to be completed and released. They don't seem to be sitting on pre-made content to release as DLC; they're completing it, and releasing it ASAP. Not to say elements aren't complete, but the full thing just isn't ready yet.

Thanks for the response. I guess I will just have to get another game to play on my Xbone as well. 20 bucks is a great price, but 6 characters is going to feel too light to keep my attention.

Top Bottom