• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Dai101

Banned
FULGOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

fulgore_610.jpg

c4cJ5Bp.gif

If they're playing the launch build on the stream I guess there won't be a chance of a Buktooth slip-up where they accidentally show Spinal, lol.

DrDogg

why not?

its not like it will take forever to unlock

I played for three days straight and still couldn't unlock the 4th color for Sabrewulf.

For online, are ranked matches like lobby like wher you can choose your opponents like or you can like deny or accept the fight request? Or is it random?

You can't choose your opponent in ranked or even deny the fight request. Even in exhibition, all you can do is deny the request.

To put some context to it, it takes 3000 KP to unlock all the current stages, at 500KP each.

To unlock 1 piece of Jago's 2nd costume set, it's 4000 KP. 12000 for that set. His other set is 1000 each piece, to total 3000.

This KI store Walkthrough gives a good idea of the kind of KP we can expect to spend...

It's not just the KP, you need to fulfill other requirements to unlock the item, THEN you can spend KP on it.

I find this very well written. Terms are well defined, and it's structure is well ordered. You are making me want to buy.....

I am going to have to revisit my gaming budget for this month =P

Thank you! I revised it quite a bit from what I wrote for Evo and PAX, specifically to make it more readable and user-friendly.

Does the arcade stick have IR led for mapping to players?

Yes.

6) MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT: i purchased the $20 pack, then went to upgrade to the $40 pack. I have $32 in my account. it says it isnt enough and that i need the full $40 to get the top level pack - I thought i would be able to purchase the "extras" for additional $20 and that the total amount of $40 would be the max amount i would have to spend.

I had a friend who had the $20 version last week and he upgraded to the $40 version. Not sure if he mistakenly paid the full $40 or if something has changed since then. There was a patch that hit a few days ago, but I can't imagine that changing.

it's salivatingly close.
you can part pay for things with points/microsoft credit right? i just bought a £17 card in preparation for tomorrow using some store loyalty points.

Yes, I had ~$30 on my account when I bought the Ultra pack, and it added the rest from my card.

Spinal gameplay = December
Fulgore gameplay = February.

My bet.

^This. I didn't expect much from the launch trailer in terms of Spinal/Fulgore gameplay. If there was gameplay to be shown, we'd be getting the characters much sooner.

keit4

Banned
Does this game has some sort of microtransactions? I just heard in a stream that you also can purchase the ingame content with real money.

Does this game has some sort of microtransactions? I just heard in a stream that you also can purchase the ingame content with real money.

Think they are talking about individual characters if you go the free version route and the "premium" costumes. I think every character can unlock 3 full costumes then the 4th is a pay one.

keit4

Banned
Think they are talking about individual characters if you go the free version route and the "premium" costumes. I think every character can unlock 3 full costumes then the 4th is a pay one.

Yes, i know, but i'm talking about things that you can buy with ingame credits, such as stages.

Enordash

So here's a thing. I never got any sort of shipping information for my TE stick (some people have) and the charge was removed from my credit card. What the hell?

Will the guide have pics of Spinal and Fulgore in it or something clever like silhouettes? I usually buy guides for fighting games anyways, but that would sweeten the deal.

The problem is I have the $20 pack unlocked and it shows the $40 for sale. When I click to buy it (I have $30 in my account) it says I need extra funds to secure the purchase. So obviously it still has problems. Wish they would fix it.

Nori Chan

Killer instinct has shipped from the ms store. God Sunday (won't be home all weekend)is going to be like Christmas opening up 3 packages. X1, day one gold, and KI pin edition. Give me details about he saberwulf pin DH and penny arcade.

Played this all morning before I went to work. Even without having all the modes and characters in yet, this is still the Xbox One's killer app. It's just that much fun.

bumpkin

I wonder if it's too late to get the KI Ultimate Pin Edition from the MS Store by tomorrow if I get overnight shipping... Been hovering on their page hoping for Live Chat to open up, but no dice.

Edit: Yeah, too late. 1pm is the cutoff. :(

Been playing the game for a little bit now, system showed up a couple hours ago. The dojo has been pretty good so far, it does a nice job breaking fighting game concepts down for folks like me.

derFeef

The knee armor / shoulder armor by itself isn't bad but the helmets are terrible. That's pretty true for all of the characters to be honest.

It would work with body armor maybe, but without anything for the chest area it looks silly.

edit:
"We gonna check on classic costumes, hang on."

wat.

.la1n

Honestly it's not a big deal as long as the classic costumes come in a reasonable amount of time as they had indicated quite some time ago they may not be ready for launch. What is unfortunate is how they worded it as "you'll see everything you are getting in the ultra trailer." Obviously that is not the case.

edit: lol Campbell gets on the stream and KI crashes to home screen.

Dai101

Banned
NEWS FOR THE PAD HACK:

Update for those wondering. With the XBONE Controller plugged into the PC "NO BATTERY ATTACHED" I am able to detect inputs through PC probing. Nothing guaranteed yet on the Xbox since we don't have one.
So Here is what I have.
4way and 6 buttons common ground and wired in.
The trigger buttons are magnetic switches "like old Dreamcast" so far not messing with them.
USB connected no battery makes Controller work on PC.
We do not know if battery is REQUIRED to work on XboxOne
We do not know if Sync button is required using USB (shouldnt be needed But we will see tonight)
We do not know if the Infred LEDS are required to be seen by the Kinect (even the TE2 has them) I may make a plexi window for mine tonight.
I cannot find a Security CHIP! Take that for what it is worth. Software encryption or keys may be at work.
The Top board contains the USB connector and LEDs, IR, Charging, Bottom board contains CHIP. So if we DON'T NEED the IR LEDs I think we can do away with one of the boards.
Ill report back tomorrow!!

SOURCE: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8530008/#Comment_8530008

ALL THANKS TO KLENERS FROM SRK FOR HIS WORK

Top Bottom