• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

kodecraft

There definitely should be the option to choose other characters in Dojo mode Jago/Ryu is cool but let us non-Jago players see how our characters read.

bumpkin

Is that during the crouching heavy punch part? Main thing I can think is to let go completely for a second before doing the input, since it's easy to roll into the motion and have it be a quarter circle instead.
Yeah, it's the couching HP to HP tiger fury one. I'll have to try what you're saying about letting go completely before trying the DP input. Truth be told, I haven't spent a ton of time trying to pull it off, but I tried long enough that I got annoyed and skipped the lesson. lol.

There definitely should be the option to choose other characters in Dojo mode Jago/Ryu is cool but let us non-Jago players see how our characters read.
It'd be awesome if Double Helix would let us select a character for Dojo mode in a future update.

Jago is more like Ken to me.

Anyways, when do you guys think we will see/hear about the next announcement. Classic costumes, Spinal gameplay. Etc.

Silky

Banned
Jago is more like Ken to me.

Anyways, when do you guys think we will see/hear about the next announcement. Classic costumes, Spinal gameplay. Etc.

Early december - Classic Costumes
Mid December - Spinal Gameplay trailer, Classic Costume trailer
Late December - Spinal beta goes out
Early January - Classic Costumes released
Mid January - Spinal released

That gives time for people to learn Spinal for the rest of Jan, up until Mid-Feb to begin teasing spinal.

Silky

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtEJyGtcSE

2:03

b06.gif

In the practice mode character select it frequently takes 5-10 seconds for the character to appear. Is that normal or is there possibly something wrong with my hard drive?

It does something similar on the versus screen shown on the fight. Sometimes the characters don't appear at the same time, and it takes a while.

Here is a video of it it helps - does it do this for everyone?

http://sdrv.ms/19aZQbf

Edit: Was trying to watch some of my local replays and they frequently just die and go back to the main screen. HDD problems?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
online fights are awesome. utterly lag free. but am i the only one that has difficulty finding matches? most times i select ranked or exhibition, i sit at a search screen for a minute or so before it kicks me back to the menu. it takes several tries to find an opponent if i'm able to find one at all. :(

mdsfx

In the practice mode character select it frequently takes 5-10 seconds for the character to appear. Is that normal or is there possibly something wrong with my hard drive?

It does something similar on the versus screen shown on the fight. Sometimes the characters don't appear at the same time, and it takes a while.
I have the same issue. Pretty lame to see a game having troubles loading the VS screen...

Okay, maybe a stupid question but:

I bought the Combo Breaker pack. When I play online though, I can only select Jago's stage. Am I missing something?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Okay, maybe a stupid question but:

I bought the Combo Breaker pack. When I play online though, I can only select Jago's stage. Am I missing something?

You have to unlock them with KP in KI store

They are very cheap though so you will be able to unlock after playing for like 30 minutes or so

Calibus

So been watching some YouTube videos and either I just happen to have come across a run of people who do not know how to use Sabrewulf effectively, or he is just an underpowered character.

On the other hand, Sadira seems to be amazing.

so skydrive and game dvr have been great for me. Im not usually that good at fighting games so this has worked out well because i can focus on a specific thing, and after i feel like i have peaked on whatever it is that im working on ill step away and come back to some clips later to see where i could have improved various things

for instance here are some double ultras i did today with Jago (still on free version). I was having a really hard time in matches using the instinct to cancel and reset my combo meter, so I worked on that, and eventually got to the point where I moved on to using it to cancel Ultras then to doing double ultras.

http://sdrv.ms/1ajVCgY

also the Dojo has been great

bs000

Having fun so far. Dojo was really good at teaching the basics. Using the pad is killing my fingers though. Madcatz pls ship my stick. ;-;

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So, I'm the only one having issues connecting with people online in KI?

Blu10

So been watching some YouTube videos and either I just happen to have come across a run of people who do not know how to use Sabrewulf effectively, or he is just an underpowered character.

On the other hand, Sadira seems to be amazing.

I do enjoy her, but playing a competent glacius is rough with her.

Sushigod7

Played my first two ranked matches and won both surprisingly. Playing on the controller is killing my hands though. I need to go through the dojo more I'm still not linking combo's past upper teens.

volgihn

So my cousin was visiting over the holidays and I decided to show him killer instinct. I have kinect facial recognition turned on so both of us were signed in. He was done playing and he passed the control and when he did the Xbox recognized the change of profile and rebooted the game. When this happend all of my stats were erased. I had over 100 ranked matches won and now I have lost everything. This needs to be fixed.

Sushigod7

So my cousin was visiting over the holidays and I decided to show him killer instinct. I have kinect facial recognition turned on so both of us were signed in. He was done playing and he passed the control and when he did the Xbox recognized the change of profile and rebooted the game. When this happend all of my stats were erased. I had over 100 ranked matches won and now I have lost everything. This needs to be fixed.

?? Huh? Doesn't your progress save to your profile? Or you mean you played and won 100 ranked matches with him sitting there? I'm missing something I hope a profile change doesn't erase stuff that sounds like a serious bug.

malfcn

Have done about half the dojo with Jago and decided to skip to 32. That took about an hour to pull off. Now I feel like I will be worse though, because I will try and do those massive combos instead of my bread and mash butter combos.

remz

Killer Instinct online desync issues?
This video (possibly) shows 2 things:
1. Matches can get completely desynchronized and not disconnected.
2. For the one and only time in DarkSydePhil's life, it was the game's fault.

That's bullshit. I've had the game completely slow down to get sync back, and the fights there are completely different- although obviously they tried to make them similar. It looks to me like DSP trying to cover his own lame ass.

malfcn

So left the Dojo to check out the Achievements, and went I went back the game froze and was stuck in a black screen.

AND IT DIDN"T SAVE LESSON 32. NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOO.

volgihn

?? Huh? Doesn't your progress save to your profile? Or you mean you played and won 100 ranked matches with him sitting there? I'm missing something I hope a profile change doesn't erase stuff that sounds like a serious bug.

Sorry if I wasn't clear I wrote this right when it happened. I was really upset. Apparently if you are in a match and a profile switch occurs it kicks you out of whatever you are playing and reboots the game. If this happens all of your progress is deleted. I read around in the double helix forum and countless people were having the same problem. The 100 ranked matches won thing was just to put emphasis on how much progress I had In the game when it was deleted.

finally got my NAT open and could play multi. Played 2 x Exhibitions with some dude and bodied him. The netcode in this game is FLAWLESS. like playing local coop. so much fun. Ultra'd him as well.

hwalker84

Game is so sick. Finally got back to the states and downloaded it. First game I played. Need to get adjusted to the dpad. Doesn't seem like there's much room for error.

Won 2 Ranked matches. One of them was Damn close against a shadow jag but finished with him with my orchid ultra.

Any idea how to upload your recorded fights to your clips so I can watch it on my smartglass when I'm at work.

malfcn

Just did all 32 Dojo again and this time is saved. Thank goodness.
(Somehow I got the achievement for 32 trials before the 20 trials.)

Still don't know how I have the World Tour challenge but not the Matchup Achievement.
Since I have only played as Jago.

Top Bottom