• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

im back to moderate NAT - no multiplayer and no party chat for me anymore. this sucks SO bad seriously. never had this many problems with my 360.

Delt31

anyone figure out how to get the classic music to play at each stage? remember mick said you needed to fight your instinct or something?

def sim

With a held short hail and some proper timing, Glacius can combo from an instant over head. Along with meaty cr.short into safe shoulder charge, unblockable special, or just blocking, the dude has some pretty great offensive options from a close knockdown. Fun stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtEJyGtcSE

2:03

b06.gif

soundtrack is sooo good

kodecraft

Game is so sick. Finally got back to the states and downloaded it. First game I played. Need to get adjusted to the dpad. Doesn't seem like there's much room for error.

As a fightpad player the Dpad in this game doesn't feel good to me. So instead I am using the analog stick which to my surprise I'm very effective with.

DrDogg

Either the game was lagging for PL or he's just not very good at KI yet. Not a very solid Jago either way.

Yeah I was wondering why there was no Dojo mode for other than Jago. I know the guys are still working on the game. Seems like a Beta right now. I use the practice room I like to switch up my charchters instead of using the same person.
There definitely should be the option to choose other characters in Dojo mode Jago/Ryu is cool but let us non-Jago players see how our characters read.

You know, I get that novice players want to be able to learn the game as easily as possible, but I think this is just asking for too much. The Dojo mode teaches you everything you need to know to be good at this game. If you can't take what you learn there, go into Practice mode and utilize that stuff with a different character... I don't know. Just seems like people don't want to put in ANY effort of their own.

online fights are awesome. utterly lag free. but am i the only one that has difficulty finding matches? most times i select ranked or exhibition, i sit at a search screen for a minute or so before it kicks me back to the menu. it takes several tries to find an opponent if i'm able to find one at all. :(

Seems to be something with the NAT settings. I've had no issues at all.

So been watching some YouTube videos and either I just happen to have come across a run of people who do not know how to use Sabrewulf effectively, or he is just an underpowered character.

On the other hand, Sadira seems to be amazing.

If you have an Xbox One, look through my videos if you want to see a decent Sabrewulf. I would upload some matches to YT, but I can't be bothered to hook up my Kinect, and you can't use Upload Studio without a Kinect hooked up (one of my many complaints about the X1).

finally got my NAT open and could play multi. Played 2 x Exhibitions with some dude and bodied him. The netcode in this game is FLAWLESS. like playing local coop. so much fun. Ultra'd him as well.

The netcode is definitely the best of any fighting game to date, but it's not flawless. The more I play, the more I realize the minor flaws. It's super difficult to block empty jump lows, or tech empty jump throws. It can also be difficult to punish when you only have 1-2 frames to do it.

With a held short hail and some proper timing, Glacius can combo from an instant over head. Along with meaty cr.short into safe shoulder charge, unblockable special, or just blocking, the dude has some pretty great offensive options from a close knockdown. Fun stuff!

I strongly believe Glacius needs to be nerfed. At the very least, he needs his "broken" aspects to be fixed. Essentially, he shouldn't get free Counter Breakers from full screen with ZERO risk. That breaks a very big component of the game system.

I'd personally like to see the delayed Hail removed as well, but I think it's unlikely Glacius will get any real nerfs. Hopefully Spinal is anti-Glacius because it's ridiculously frustrating fighting even novice Glacius player. I still beat most players who aren't really, really good, but it's not an easy fight... which is ridiculous IMO.

dankir

Need more friends playing KI add me
XBL Gamertag is: DONKER

How the hell do you play with friends anyways? I invite Dopeyfish to my party and then how does he join the game?

I host a private exhibition match but I don't see how to invite him directly to my lobby.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Need more friends playing KI add me
XBL Gamertag is: DONKER

How the hell do you play with friends anyways? I invite Dopeyfish to my party and then how does he join the game?

I host a private exhibition match but I don't see how to invite him directly to my lobby.

you invited me? Lol

kodecraft

Either the game was lagging for PL or he's just not very good at KI yet. Not a very solid Jago either way.

You know, I get that novice players want to be able to learn the game as easily as possible, but I think this is just asking for too much. The Dojo mode teaches you everything you need to know to be good at this game. If you can't take what you learn there, go into Practice mode and utilize that stuff with a different character... I don't know. Just seems like people don't want to put in ANY effort of their own.

If you have an Xbox One, look through my videos if you want to see a decent Sabrewulf.

I strongly believe Glacius needs to be nerfed. At the very least, he needs his "broken" aspects to be fixed. Essentially, he shouldn't get free Counter Breakers from full screen with ZERO risk. That breaks a very big component of the game system.

I'd personally like to see the delayed Hail removed as well, but I think it's unlikely Glacius will get any real nerfs. Hopefully Spinal is anti-Glacius because it's ridiculously frustrating fighting even novice Glacius player. I still beat most players who aren't really, really good, but it's not an easy fight... which is ridiculous IMO.

I agree about Practice Mode for using other characters as it all applies from what you learn from the Dojo.

If you're a Wulf player then you will consistently have issues with Glacius as he can fight from long range and all you got as the Wulf/Dog is to be in someones face at all times. I like this, and I feel Glacius is fine just where he is at.

SegaShack

I personally have trouble fighting against Glacius and Thunder (I only have Jago), but maybe it's because I rarely encounter them. I understand Orchid and Sabre at least.

def sim

It's too early to want nerfs. I'd rather wait and see how things play out some months ahead before crippling a character.

Satchel

Banned
Just did all 32 Dojo again and this time is saved. Thank goodness.
(Somehow I got the achievement for 32 trials before the 20 trials.)

Still don't know how I have the World Tour challenge but not the Matchup Achievement.
Since I have only played as Jago.

I'm worried about the dojo achievements too.

I had done quite a few before purchasing the game, but when I purchased, the achievement didn't pop. I has to basically start again.

I think I'm up to 19 or 20. Worried about the final one now.

I finally got to play this from a friends, and we played for 6 hours straight. Finally used everyone to see who else I would enjoy besides Thunder and Sadira.

It was just glorious, and too much fun. I did my first double ultra with Sabrewulf.

If only I had more time. D:

Skab

Yo, Mick just tweeted this

Vi krigare samlas vid helig grav
Kallar på Spinal - krigar guden
Hans hjälp vi behöver i denna stund
Fräls oss! Fräls oss! mäktiga gud!

Which when translated from Swedish is

We warriors gather at the holy grave
Calls on Spinal - warrior god
His help we need at this moment
Save us! Save us! mighty God!

malfcn

It feels like 1 out of 50 matches are Glacius. :(
And I finally find and and all he does is poke from across the screen. Gotdahm.

AND I BEAT ONE.
SO NOW I HAVE BEAT EVERY CHARACTER WITH JAGO AND NO ACHIEVEMENT.

sorry about the all caps. why.

vid

There's only a few days left on the current challenge (Beat three friends in matches) and I suspect many of us (like myself) don't have a friends list that is will populated with KI players yet.

Would anyone be interested in getting a group together to grind this one out?

Yo, Mick just tweeted this

Which when translated from Swedish is

Thank you friend.

I can't even count on my phalanges the number of times that neat little tidbits like this have given me piloerection all over my body.

Double Helix really have nocked it out of the park with KI so far in my opinion.

Calibus

I don't even have an XB1 yet, but this game is a blast just to watch on YouTube.

I do have a question though: sometimes the announcer will say "Ultra Combo!" and sometimes just "Ultra!" after performing one. He actually does that will other combos as well. I wonder what causes this difference?

malfcn

I don't even have an XB1 yet, but this game is a blast just to watch on YouTube.

I do have a question though: sometimes the announcer will say "Ultra Combo!" and sometimes just "Ultra!" after performing one. He actually does that will other combos as well. I wonder what causes this difference?

It is related to dong style.
Now my Nemesis is Sadira. All she does is sit back and spam constantly with web. Can't get in on her because if you touches you it's over.
And why am I fighting the same dude 4 times in a row.

malfcn

Wait wait wait. I am a rank 4, and get paired to a 12. I lose and I lose all my 4 points? Bro-bro-broken system.

Oh well, off to bed. But at least I got this gem. He was breaking everything, so I did the next best thing: http://sdrv.ms/1b9YOPP

ULTRA COMBOO! - is when you perform one ultra.

ULTRAAA! - is when you perform a second one
within that combo, by instinct cancelling the first to continue on.

Or maybe when you do a crap load of hits.. lol.

It feels like 1 out of 50 matches are Glacius. :(

Man, I got mud-stomped last night by some guy playing as Glacius on Live. I could barely get a hit on this guy, he ended up finishing me with like a 74 hit Ultra (and im not bad, i won most of my matches last night)! Glacius is one beast of a character for someone who knows what there doing with him.

BTW, have DH announced a date when they are releasing Spinal this month? Also, whats going on with being able to switch to the original announcer? I bought the $40 package and the announcer option is still not accessible to me. I LOVE the new one, but it would be cool to hear the old announcer for nostalgia purposes, and just to switch it up every now and then.

Is Jago's flying kick move safe? People have been spamming that against me and I cannot find a proper followup with Thunder.

I don't own KI yet, but I may be able to give some advice.

Jago's wind kick(the flying kick) is safe, but it doesn't leave him with frame advantage. Light leaves him at -2, medium leaves him at -3, heavy leaves him at -5.

You're using Thunder? After blocking a wind kick, maybe try for a standing light punch into his command throw? At -2/-3 the Jago might be able to jump in response to anything you try after blockstun, but it's an option. A standing light punch into his command throw will be a tick throw, whether it's on block or hit. You could also try muscling through it with Thunder's shadow Triplax, since it has one hit of super armor, or invuln. through it with shadow Sammamish, but both will require meter of course. Regular Sammamish might work as an answer, but I don't know if it has invuln. frames.

If the Jago is using wind kick as a means of getting in from distance, you could try neutral jumping/jumping back and punishing him with a jumping attack as you approach the ground. I've heard players suggest this as a general anti-wind kick strategy, regardless of character.

Hopefully these give you some answers to that pesky ninja and his knife.

Mdk7

Just got the Prima Ultra fan book in my mail, it's seriously amazing.
So much material, for an art junkie like me it's pure heaven.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I managed to fluke my way to rank 5 while still being terrible. Glacius is my kryptonite.

I just wanted the colors!

.la1n

Think we will see a new trailer for KI around video game award show time? Might be a good time to show some new stuff. It would also be nice if they would give us a time frame on classic costumes.

Mdk7

BTW during lunch break i took a quick look at the guide... The kraken in Spinal's stage is pretty much a given, they even mention it.
Can't wait!

Also, they show and intensively talk about Fulgore's stage, which seems really really cool.

Skab

The Ultra part was already answered for you, but with regular combos if he doesnt say Combo at the end, then you didn't finish the combo with an ender, and you lost most of your damage.

Top Bottom