• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

ajim

I bought the ultimate edition which comes with KI classic, however isn't it supposed to come with all the different colors for characters? Ive only got 2 per character and the rest are locked. Or do i need to unlock them playing?

i also find this game difficult to play with the xbox one dpad and analog stick. The positioning just isn't great for me for fighting games.

great game tho. Looks and plays so fresh.

Nemesis_

Have we got any indication when Fulgore and Spinal are coming? I assume Fulgore is March for some reason (maybe I read that somewhere, I'm not sure) but does that mean Spinal is coming earlier?

And besides a story mode (with Fulgore) have they announced what else they're adding? Do you guys think they'll consider finishing moves like the original game?

Skab

Have we got any indication when Fulgore and Spinal are coming? I assume Fulgore is March for some reason (maybe I read that somewhere, I'm not sure) but does that mean Spinal is coming earlier?

And besides a story mode (with Fulgore) have they announced what else they're adding? Do you guys think they'll consider finishing moves like the original game?

Spinal in Jan, Fulgore in March.

Kalm

Since there are finally some sticks out in the wild...

Has anyone else found themselves instinctively tapping out the character select theme on the buttons while they wait for the match to load? (It took me ~30 matches to realize I was doing it :p)

Add me guys, gamertag = ss49 (<--- not a nazi reference! I just like Chevy. I get asked about it all the time... :\ )

I don't think I'll be taking her online until I get my bearings but it'd be nice to rebuild my friend-list with a KI crowd.

I bought the ultimate edition which comes with KI classic, however isn't it supposed to come with all the different colors for characters? Ive only got 2 per character and the rest are locked. Or do i need to unlock them playing?

Yesh. You have to unlock them with your KP in the in-game store. Which you get from just playing the game basically.

Spinal is coming in January, and Fulgore comes out in March along with story mode.

They said they would get around to different finishers in the next season.

mdsfx

Thats it for season one! Check back in January for season two. Thanks for playing!

*****HERE'S HOW TO WORK AROUND THE PROBLEM*****

1. Disconnect from internet
2. Start game
3. Reconnect once you're in the main menu

fin

Yup me too. Also online has been laggy.

So this fight stick...I can't hook up a head set? How do people voice chat with this? I'm liking it so far other than that

JimiNutz

Banned
I've been playing so much Forza that KI hasn't really got much of a look in since launch day.

Today one of my friends cane over (who loved KI on the SNES) and we did nothing but play local MP for hours.

Game is so much fun...

Even though we still don't really have the combo and counter breaker system down perfectly yet the games were intense back and forth chaos! Mad combos non stop and we were both grinning non stop and shouting 'oh shit!' every few minutes.

When you do successfully combo or counter break and then land an insane or ultra combo it is so satisfying and adrenaline pumping. Both of us were absolutely loving the sound and visual effects. Soundtrack is sooooooo good.

Can't wait to put a bit more time in and get better.

blayne IV

Thats it for season one! Check back in January for season two. Thanks for playing!

Edit: disconnect from internet, start game, once in menu reconnect

Thanks for the tip. Was starting to get pissed.

Just reinstalled thinking that was the issue.

Also what do I have to do to get killer instinct classic? I bought the pin ultimate edition and the xbox says that is installed.

I read earlier in the thread it's under My games and apps and you may have to reboot the Xbox to get it to show up.

Tried that and still nothing but the new game shows up.

I'm new to xbox in General and think I just might be missing something obvious? I checked the store and everywhere I can think of.

blayne IV

mdsfx posted a work around above.

Disconnect from the internet, start the game and reconnect when in the main ki menu.

Worked for me.

Phreaker

Yup me too. Also online has been laggy.

So this fight stick...I can't hook up a head set? How do people voice chat with this? I'm liking it so far other than that

If you want to play ranked you will have to use Kinect. :/

I read someone had a work around if you just want to play with a friend online by using a controller and signing into party chat before plugging your TE2 in and sign in on the TE2 with your gamertag. It will keep the chat going on the controller even though you've signed in with your TE2.

DrDogg

*****HERE'S HOW TO WORK AROUND THE PROBLEM*****

1. Disconnect from internet
2. Start game
3. Reconnect once you're in the main menu

Doesn't work for me. Won't even let me load into the game if I'm not online...

EvaUnit02

Neo Member
The game clearly doesn't work without an Internet connection (whether it's your end or theirs) I really do hope this is an oversight and not a way to enforce "always on" despite having removed that from the system itself.

remz

The game clearly doesn't work without an Internet connection (whether it's your end or theirs) I really do hope this is an oversight and not a way to enforce "always on" despite having removed that from the system itself.

Errr, weren't people playing completely offline to get around this problem?

zainetor

Banned
What happens if you unplug console.from live and play the game? I think you can do it.

malfcn

Didn't boot the game fully, but at least I saw the white MS studios splash. Earlier I wouldn't even get past the red KI screen.

Trojan X

Banned
No Mercy's? They're not in. May be added in the future.
No, not mercy moves, the Deaths moves for all characters since ki and 2. Remember?&#12288;Can't believe they are not in the game... unless they are planning to monetise them off everyone. Disgusting.

derFeef

No, not mercy moves, the Deaths moves for all characters since ki and 2. Remember?&#12288;Can't believe they are not in the game... unless they are planning to monetise them off everyone. Disgusting.

Maybe we will get them in the future, and if - it will be part of a season update, not monetized.

Rey

Guys I have a question. I didn't get any update for KI. My KI is still 3.1Gb. is this the normal size?

I thought there was a 3Gb update making the game more then 6Gb?

shaowebb

Is it true the early standout characters are Sadira and Glacius right now? Been getting a lot of reports on this game and thought Im not going X1 Im keeping tabs on this fighter because its system mechanics are really unique and I want to keep a tight watch on how things develop in its meta under such a system and why.

Synth

I'm looking to get a decent number of people that play this on my friendlist, as it'll probably be what I play most for the next few months. Add me people!

Gamertag: Gustavo83

Note: If your gamertag appears on the last few pages, chances are I've already sent you a request. :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is it true the early standout characters are Sadira and Glacius right now? Been getting a lot of reports on this game and thought Im not going X1 Im keeping tabs on this fighter because its system mechanics are really unique and I want to keep a tight watch on how things develop in its meta under such a system and why.

you need to be good in order to stop a good sadira or glacius or Jago or sabrewulf or thunder or orchid

though glacius shadow hail into shatter on a cornered opponent is rough and hard to escape

but in the end you are sacrificing meter to accomplish this. I think the best solution for glacius if he is too good is just slow his meter gain because that's his bread and butter

bumpkin

Hey, so for those of you with custom arcade sticks that have a PS360+ board in 'em like I do, I decided to contact AkiShop Customs to ask if there's anything to report on XB1 (and PS4) compatibility. This was their reply:

Hello sir,

We are working on it to try and see if we can solve it with the PS360+ so no new extra board is needed, we should know this month if it is possible or not.

Best Regards,
AkiCus
So it sounds like there may be hope for a firmware-based solution. Fingers crossed!

Skab

If you're not talking about No Mercys, which were the fatalities, then I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Ultra combos are in, No Mercy's moves could come as part of an update down the road, but they wouldn't be monetized, no.

mdsfx

Played some ranked matches late last night with Thunder and yikes, it was pretty rough. Won maybe 25% of my matches.

As a fairly proficient street fighter player I find the timing for countering blocked moves hard to get used to. I found even sloppy, aggressive opponents hard to punish.Then again, I'm a stick player and playing with the controller leaves A LOT to be desired.

Chairhome

No, you're confusing them. "no mercy" moves are the fatalities, which can also be done as an "ultimate" combo in which the combo ends in the fatality. The humiliations are the moves where you make the other character dance. And the pricing of this game is pretty reasonable, so I don't think they're going to monetize fatalities.

oVerde

Banned
Any chances to receive Dojo classes for other characters? I've learnt so good Jagos' moves and timings I can't play with other characters now :(

Hoping here too to the PS360+ board to work properly with firmware update! Time to build a hitbox.

I'm not looking into fatalities, seriously, this kind of,moves breaks the game pacing, Ultracombos is the KI's signature, keep it that way.

.la1n

Any chances to receive Dojo classes for other characters? I've learnt so good Jagos' moves and timings I can't play with other characters now :(

Hoping here too to the PS360+ board to work properly with firmware update! Time to build a hitbox.

I'm not looking into fatalities, seriously, this kind of,moves breaks the game pacing, Ultracombos is the KI's signature, keep it that way.

Well, there is a way to read an opponent's move power (low, med, high) without needing to learn every animation for every character.

edit: No Mercy is one of the top requested features for KI by the community polls, you can bet DH is looking into adding them sooner than later.

Skab

How do they break the pacing anymore than an Ultra does? They take place at the exact same point in the match.

And No Mercys have been around just as long as Ultras have been.

Top Bottom