• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Kalm

I'm still have major problems excuting forward > down > (forward/down), I get it maybe 3 out of 10 times :(

In most fighting games, DP shortcuts usually work. It's what I do for a lot fo shotos. don't see Jago being any different. Assuming you're using pad, I just go forward>down>forward on Stick and it usually works.

Yeah using pad, I keep switching from dpad to analogue for some reason.

I'll try forward down foward and see how I get on, cheers.

I'm pretty sure that Silky meant to say Down/Forward-> Down -> Down/Forward. If you end at Foward, you're going to get Endokukens a lot of the time.

You barely have to flick the stick to get a DP to come out. If you think of the analog stick as a clock face: 4:30 -> 5:30 - >4:30 is enough to register the inputs.

I wonder how many sales killer instinct has and how many downloaded the game. I was watching Price Roger stream last night and he was playing Orchid. I wonder if he would pick up TJ Combo if he was available.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok i'm starting to think that the requirment to unlock the 5th color is wrong

I'm way over 50 ranked wins with Glacius/Jago/Orchid and i still can't buy it

Anyone else with the same problem?

deviant1

So it's opener>auto>linker holding down medium or light attack?

Yup. For a light or medium linker you would do the motion and tap light or medium attack, for a heavy linker you would do the motion than press and hold down either light or medium attack. It feels odd at first, but you'll get used to it. Early on I found myself always holding the button down and getting heavy linkers even when I wanted lights or mediums.

Jarlaxle

All of the achievements are messed up. I got the 5th color unlocked for everyone at around 40 ranked wins. No clue why. 4th color should have opened for me for Orchid awhile ago but didn't. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Srill, it's a real fun game. I had a guy trash talk me whispering the whole time. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

.la1n

It's a known issue. First thought to only effect people with Shadow Jago but now it seems it can effect anyone at random. Max is having issues with his game as well. I think DH intends to fix it with the first patch that will supposedly have some changes to how ranked matches work as well. Not sure if we will see it before or after the holidays, I'd bank on after.

Has anyone had any trouble completing the challenge for watching 5 replays? I've watched about 6 or 7 and it hasn't yet unlocked for me.

This game really seems to have some kind of issue with keeping track of accolades. About 5 minutes ago the Sadira Master achievement popped for me for having 150 fight titles with her. Only problem is I checked right after and I'm still only at 122. Very strange stuff.

I am not sure, but Orchid might need some buffs. Watching Max having to switch from her to Sabre just so he could win some tournament says a lot.

I find her damage output low personally, but I didn't think she needed any buffs, but watching products players is really making me see otherwise.

Neifirst

Has anyone come across the Pin Edition at a Microsoft store location recently? It shows out of stock online and I'd prefer to get that if possible. Thanks!

Has anyone come across the Pin Edition at a Microsoft store location recently? It shows out of stock online and I'd prefer to get that if possible. Thanks!

Salem NH store said they had like 30 in a couple weeks ago, best bet is to call and ask..even if they say they can't tell you ask again nicely. Worked for me lol

Dubz

I think I found my main. Saberwolf is really easy to use on the pad, and he has charge moves like my favorite fighter of all, Blanka!

Does this game add extra his to enders depending on how many different ones you do, like KI2? I think you could get an extra 4 hits for enders in that one if you did them all.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Does this game add extra his to enders depending on how many different ones you do, like KI2? I think you could get an extra 4 hits for enders in that one if you did them all.

This game levels up enders per-combo. The green blocks under combo hit numbers indicated how strong your ender level is. But so far, there isn't any way to get additional hits by using the full cache of enders like KI2. I wouldn't be surprised to see a character earn that as a "unique combo trait" eventually, though.

Do note that enders have unique traits, though. Some are for damage, some are for meter building, a few are for pop-ups, and some are to push back / wall bounce. The ender level determines how big each of these effects are.

This game levels up enders per-combo. The green blocks under combo hit numbers indicated how strong your ender level is. But so far, there isn't any way to get additional hits by using the full cache of enders like KI2. I wouldn't be surprised to see a character earn that as a "unique combo trait" eventually, though.

Do note that enders have unique traits, though. Some are for damage, some are for meter building, a few are for pop-ups, and some are to push back / wall bounce. The ender level determines how big each of these effects are.

Sweet info. Thanks
3AQmK.gif

Chairhome

Man, the cronusmax price jumped in the past week. $70 at amazon. Might hold out for a competitor or for a price drop after the holidays.

T.O.P

Banned
i almost cut off my index finger while cooking, so now i got stiches and i can't play with the freakin controller

just ordered the stick from Amzon because ain't nobody get time for that

Ironhorse

Neo Member
I finally received my KI arcade stick today. Already put about half hour into the game using the stick and my execution time has improved tremendously. This ought to keep me occupied over the holidays. As far as the stick goes, it has pretty good build quality and the led buttons are a nice touch. I am not overly impressed by the artwork, though. It seems like someone printed it on a home inkjet printer and slathered it on there, so I might end up changing the artwork given how easy it is to mod this stick.

Ironhorse

Neo Member
Fuck, i want this game so bad.....
Why does it have to be on a 500$ dollar system :(
how much is the stick?

Well, the MSRP for the stick is $200, but it has been fairly difficult to get hold of this thing. I had an order on Amazon for ages, which I ended up cancelling since there was no concrete ship date. Gamestop received some stock last week, so I was able to order it through them. Stick plus the system, you are looking at over 700 bucks.

Yuterald

Just bought this today. Oh my, this game is really fucking cool! Old school Killer Instinct fan here, played them back in the day as a kid. Really impressed with what I'm playing/seeing right now.

I think the DVR/Skydrive upload option is really cool. I was able to capture my first online ultra, even though it was a cheesy-scrubby combo. I'm not very good at fighting games, during the match I was just doing the scrub combos that you learn in the dojo. Really fun game. Back in the SNES days I learned how to do everybody's killer/utlra combo, never could do it in a real match though.

Kalm

KI-GAF Roster = Updated

New meat below. Full roster can be found here.
Code:
EteRnal PAL - US (PST)
dubz on3 - US (PST)
DJ Mudk1pz - US (MST)
pC InfectedZero - US (CST)
Pushbakx - US (CST)
Kitten0Death - US (EST) [I]<--- typo corrected[/I]
inXweTRUST - US (EST)
sangreal06 - US (EST)

Rehff - CAN (CST)

PinGun - France (GMT+1)

There should be a "Just-got-KI-on-Xmas-Morning" crowd milling about; post your tags, guys. :)

.la1n

Did DH release any sales number or how many people are online? i really want to know

Since there is a free version I am less interested in users online and more interested in actual sales numbers. Seeing as how sales number are usually a cryptic mess from the video game industry I won't be holding my breath.

The game deserves a season 2, assuming that the team can offer support as promised and we start seeing more of those small fixes being implemented on a quick schedule. Right now it's the normal sit and wait for the next large patch to drop. Not exactly what Xbox One was supposed to offer us nor what DH was touting.

Yuterald

I think this is my favorite fighting game in the longest time. I'm not looking to get super competitive/master the game's mechanics anytime soon, but it's just so much fun to jump into a match and play. I'm slowly playing the training stuff and learning things though. LOVE how the Ultra combos change/alter/destroy the fighting arenas at the end of the match. Looks incredible. The dynamic music is really nice too. Really digging Thunder's theme the most. I hope DH/Micro continue to update/add to this game throughout One's life cycle because as of right now I have no problems making this my go to fighting game for the generation.

Since there is a free version I am less interested in users online and more interested in actual sales numbers. Seeing as how sales number are usually a cryptic mess from the video game industry I won't be holding my breath.

The game deserves a season 2, assuming that the team can offer support as promised and we start seeing more of those small fixes being implemented on a quick schedule. Right now it's the normal sit and wait for the next large patch to drop. Not exactly what Xbox One was supposed to offer us nor what DH was touting.

I'm guessing (hoping) the delay is because most of Double Helix probably went on their post-release+holiday vacation. It's good to see they have patch details coming "soon" but I don't expect anything until January. Would be cool for them to stream next week and just tell us when the patch and spinal are coming.

I have no idea how long fighting games usually go without patches/updates since Killer Instinct is the first one I've poured a huge amount of time into.

.la1n

I'm guessing (hoping) the delay is because most of Double Helix probably went on their post-release+holiday vacation. It's good to see they have patch details coming "soon" but I don't expect anything until January. Would be cool for them to stream next week and just tell us when the patch and spinal are coming.

I have no idea how long fighting games usually go without patches/updates since Killer Instinct is the first one I've poured a huge amount of time into.

It can be a very long wait for patches, if we ever get them at all (UMvC3.) Unless there are game breaking bugs we usually don't see a ton of support but some developers are better than others. The thing about it is there are usually a small amount of patches but when they do arrive they have a ton of fixes / changes.

With Xbox One's new patch system it was supposed to mean we would see quicker updates to small fixes without the need for more spaced out large patches. That has not been the case so far but it's still early. Obviously there are some glaring problems that need to be addressed (Sadira unbreakables, ranking.) Major changes to any of the roster I doubt we would see any time soon and probably not necessary seeing as how the game is still new.

This is the only fighter I am putting real time into right now so I'm just hopeful it works out. I would hate to see it make the same mistakes others that came before have and die out in the community.

Top Bottom