• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Silky

Banned
GUYS GUYS

ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS UNTIL JANUARY

LITERALLY WEEKS AWAY FROM SPINAL
AU7Amsc.gif

fin

KI-GAF Roster = Updated

New meat below. Full roster can be found here.
Code:
EteRnal PAL - US (PST)
dubz on3 - US (PST)
DJ Mudk1pz - US (MST)
pC InfectedZero - US (CST)
Pushbakx - US (CST)
Kitten0Death - US (EST) [I]<--- typo corrected[/I]
inXweTRUST - US (EST)
sangreal06 - US (EST)

Rehff - CAN (CST)

PinGun - France (GMT+1)

There should be a "Just-got-KI-on-Xmas-Morning" crowd milling about; post your tags, guys. :)

U can add Finjitzu to the list. Canada CST I think.

Dubz

I think this is my favorite fighting game in the longest time. I'm not looking to get super competitive/master the game's mechanics anytime soon, but it's just so much fun to jump into a match and play. I'm slowly playing the training stuff and learning things though. LOVE how the Ultra combos change/alter/destroy the fighting arenas at the end of the match. Looks incredible. The dynamic music is really nice too. Really digging Thunder's theme the most. I hope DH/Micro continue to update/add to this game throughout One's life cycle because as of right now I have no problems making this my go to fighting game for the generation.
100 percent agree. The mark of a great fighting game for me is, easy to learn, hard to master. KI succeeds at this in spades.

Just had some really fun matches with pC InfectedZero. We did a lot of testing with Orchid vs. Jago, and that damn wind kick seems to have no real counter other than blocking. Any thoughts on this from the pros? Are we missing something?

I can't get a game in Exhibition or Ranked anymore :(
Everything was going just fine and suddenly it just sits there on the 'Searching...' now, never finding a match.
I've left it for 30 minutes at a time, multiple times without any joy.

I have OPEN NAT and have forwarded the ports 3074 and 88 to a static IP I assigned to the Xbox One.

Please help me guys, I have no suggestions left as to how to get back online..

Just had some really fun matches with pC InfectedZero. We did a lot of testing with Orchid vs. Jago, and that damn wind kick seems to have no real counter other than blocking. Any thoughts on this from the pros? Are we missing something?

Nah, Jago's Wind Kick is probably the most broken move in the game right now in my opinion. Cross screen range, low invulnerable, projectile invulnerable (with shadow) and completely safe on block.

There's a reason Jagos in Ranked only spam Endokuken and Wind Kick. It's just straight up broken right now. Hard telling if Double Helix will touch it though.

Jago overall is pretty ridiculous. Way too much versatility, which is fine on it's own, but way too many of his moves are extremely safe on block.

I can't get a game in Exhibition or Ranked anymore :(
Everything was going just fine and suddenly it just sits there on the 'Searching...' now, never finding a match.
I've left it for 30 minutes at a time, multiple times without any joy.

I have OPEN NAT and have forwarded the ports 3074 and 88 to a static IP I assigned to the Xbox One.

Please help me guys, I have no suggestions left as to how to get back online..

tried a cold reboot?

brettreyu

Nah, Jago's Wind Kick is probably the most broken move in the game right now in my opinion. Cross screen range, low invulnerable, projectile invulnerable (with shadow) and completely safe on block.

There's a reason Jagos in Ranked only spam Endokuken and Wind Kick. It's just straight up broken right now. Hard telling if Double Helix will touch it though.

Jago overall is pretty ridiculous. Way too much versatility, which is fine on it's own, but way too many of his moves are extremely safe on block.

Does a backwards jump produce anything? Or does that still give Jago the advantage when you land?

Delt31

I agree with the wind kick. I can't figure a way to punish it on block....ay suggestions?

Wow, I had the exact same problem, over 30 minutes with no t finding any matches, and a hard-reboot fixed it. That's a horrible bug, they really need to fix it.

Does a backwards jump produce anything? Or does that still give Jago the advantage when you land?

I think either Jago has advantage or if you can create enough distance you can create a neutral state. The recovery from using and missing is really quick.

I agree with the wind kick. I can't figure a way to punish it on block....ay suggestions?

The only thing that really works consistently is jumping over it and then instantly using your longest range special move. More often than not they'll block it anyway but some Jagos are vulnerable to that. Also sometimes you can get them with an overhead if you time it perfectly. Sadira's Widow Drop or whatever it's called where she comes straight down is good if you can time it right.

ajim

So, I was playing online the other night for the first time and the game didn't seem to 'load' up the stage/characters. I could see the health bars, but the rest was pitch black. Obviously I got my ass handed to me.

Anyone experienced this before? Happened 3 times in a row, so I just gave up and haven't tried again.

brettreyu

I think either Jago has advantage or if you can create enough distance you can create a neutral state. The recovery from using and missing is really quick.

The only thing that really works consistently is jumping over it and then instantly using your longest range special move. More often than not they'll block it anyway but some Jagos are vulnerable to that. Also sometimes you can get them with an overhead if you time it perfectly. Sadira's Widow Drop or whatever it's called where she comes straight down is good if you can time it right.

Interesting. Disappointing that it has so much advantage because the heavy version is pretty slow to come out, easy to react to from far away.

So, I was playing online the other night for the first time and the game didn't seem to 'load' up the stage/characters. I could see the health bars, but the rest was pitch black. Obviously I got my ass handed to me.

Anyone experienced this before? Happened 3 times in a row, so I just gave up and haven't tried again.

haven't seen that at all. obvious recommendation is to just restart the game/system.

Can you neutral jump on a read and land a combo opener on the way down? Probably have to predict when its coming though for it to work.

T.O.P

Banned
10 Ragequitters in about 40 matches last night (and a lot of them lvl 11-12)

this is getting ridiculous :(

i'm also saving all of em, thinking about writing down a list and put it on DH forums or something

.la1n

10 Ragequitters in about 40 matches last night (and a lot of them lvl 11-12)

this is getting ridiculous :(

i'm also saving all of em, thinking about writing down a list and put it on DH forums or something

It's unfortunate, hopefully we see a reasonable solution soon. A working match making system would be a great start.

Nori Chan

Got so mad against a saberwulf that trapped me in the corner and mashed the fuck out of me :(

Couldn't get anything out fast enough. Not even a dragon punch

hwalker84

Dyeing to get me some Spinal, Fulgore, classic costume, and story mode info. For f's sake Microsoft let Double Helix fully spill the beans on one of these.

I think this is my favorite fighting game in the longest time. I'm not looking to get super competitive/master the game's mechanics anytime soon, but it's just so much fun to jump into a match and play. I'm slowly playing the training stuff and learning things though. LOVE how the Ultra combos change/alter/destroy the fighting arenas at the end of the match. Looks incredible. The dynamic music is really nice too. Really digging Thunder's theme the most. I hope DH/Micro continue to update/add to this game throughout One's life cycle because as of right now I have no problems making this my go to fighting game for the generation.

Not just that but I think its the best launch title since Halo 1.

Dereck

I'm OK at this game.

I went online ranked for the first time today, and I didn't leave shocked, but disappointed.

The first 5 matches I fought, as soon as I was about to win, the opponents quit. I then got 10 wins in a row, and got to Apprentice. My Apprentice promotion match, involved the opponent "leaving the lobby" as soon as I landed my ultra combo, luckily the game still registered that match as a win.

It's disappointing that people are still such sore losers, in general. Losing is a part of life. I only play exhibition matches for a reason, because I know ranked would be on some fuck shit.

So i finally got my TE2 stick in the mail (YAY!) but I really need to swap out that square gate with an octagonal one. Any tips on which one to get?

NavNucST3

Well, I hopped on during Christmas and the next day and finally got off Button Masher and went up two levels and then the next day...mad losing streak. This game is ruthless with the leveling!

This is easily my favorite fighting game (no disrespect to the old MWY crew) and probably the most I've played online since, well, it's the most I've ever played online. (I play Gears and Halo for campaign and campaign co-op)

I am, however, at a point where I'm starting to get pissed at how KI handles sign-in "changes". (Powerplay golf handles this pretty easily with the "Press R stick to change profiles")

Not being able to use my unlocks or get fight titles when my son and I play together locally or vice versa if I start the game.

The Found a Game stays on the screen WAY too long especially since when I'm actually IN the game you've told me you found... (happens because I might go back to the OS home screen occasionally but never backing out of the game.)

My biggest gripe after playing with a bunch of cool people is from an OS level and the lack of "Recent Players" is frustrating or some sort of quick "Follow Player"

One thing I would like to see added in the Replay section is a column for "W/L/D" since I'm always Thunder and run across more than a handful of Jago's searching the replays isn't always the easiest thing to do.

I need some tips on using the d-pad because what should be easy to pull off for me (triple ax/fireball/QCF) just isn't registering. Either that or some tips on how to transition to using the stick because I've never been a stick guy except on cabinets (obviously). The quarter circles aren't much of a problem but I feel so slow trying to use the sticks and do a "dragon punch".

Thanks! Just ordered the same. Really hope this helps, I was rank 6 when i got it, and I havent won a match yet since I started using it lol (about 0-10)

I was around Rank 3 usually with the gamepad and improved to Rank 4/5 with the joystick, so I feel the stick is helping my play. I'm hoping the octagonal restrictor helps with my quarter circle misses (Orchid is my main). Pushing fully into the square corners seems to be necessary in those cases.

Well, I hopped on during Christmas and the next day and finally got off Button Masher and went up two levels and then the next day...mad losing streak. This game is ruthless with the leveling!

This game is streaky. You'll win 10 in a row and then get destroyed all the way back down to Rank 1 sometimes.

I need some tips on using the d-pad because what should be easy to pull off for me (triple ax/fireball/QCF) just isn't registering. Either that or some tips on how to transition to using the stick because I've never been a stick guy except on cabinets (obviously). The quarter circles aren't much of a problem but I feel so slow trying to use the sticks and do a "dragon punch".

Dragon punches are pretty easy with the stick I find. With the gamepad, you can also try "down-foward, down, right." That works as well and is nice from a ducking position.

Synth

I had this happen before when I was playing a match against Donker. Couldn't see anything other than my life depleting. Could hear it all fine though lol.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
This thread still active? Ive been mostly using stream chat to talk about the game, but I expect to be able to come to gaf and see this thread still discovering tech and sharing info.

Anyway, any thunder players I wanted to ask why I never see anyone using his grab as a linker. As far as I know, it cant be broken, so it is a breaker bait without the risk of a counter breaker. It does seem to fill up the hit stun meter a lot, but I wonder if it has it's uses.

.la1n

This thread still active? Ive been mostly using stream chat to talk about the game, but I expect to be able to come to gaf and see this thread still discovering tech and sharing info.

Anyway, any thunder players I wanted to ask why I never see anyone using his grab as a linker. As far as I know, it cant be broken, so it is a breaker bait without the risk of a counter breaker. It does seem to fill up the hit stun meter a lot, but I wonder if it has it's uses.

I expect a resurgence in the thread when we get Spinal and / or a major patch.

zedge

Really enjoying this game even though I am not much of a fighting game person. Anyway, something weird happened. I had over 4k KPs and unlocked all the levels with them. Next time I went to play they were no longer unlocked but all my KP are gone still.. This happen to anyone else?

.la1n

Really enjoying this game even though I am not much of a fighting game person. Anyway, something weird happened. I had over 4k KPs and unlocked all the levels with them. Next time I went to play they were no longer unlocked but all my KP are gone still.. This happen to anyone else?

Yes it's a known issue and several users have experienced it. DH is aware and working on it. Not sure if there will be any way for those effected by it to recoup what they have lost though :( That is why a lot of people aren't playing ranked or doing much unlocking until a patch is out.

KI-GAF Roster = Updated

Code:
EteRnal PAL - US (PST)
dubz on3 - US (PST)
DJ Mudk1pz - US (MST)
Pushbakx - US (CST)
inXweTRUST - US (EST)
sangreal06 - US (EST)

Rehff - CAN (CST)

PinGun - France (GMT+1)

There should be a "Just-got-KI-on-Xmas-Morning" crowd milling about; post your tags, guys. :)

I'm Mister Ribs on Live, US (MST). Play KI about every day! :)

zedge

Yes it's a known issue and several users have experienced it. DH is aware and working on it. Not sure if there will be any way for those effected by it to recoup what they have lost though :( That is why a lot of people aren't playing ranked or doing much unlocking until a patch is out.

Ah crap, wish I knew that before lol. Thanks.

btags

KI-GAF Roster = Updated

Code:
EteRnal PAL - US (PST)
dubz on3 - US (PST)
DJ Mudk1pz - US (MST)
Pushbakx - US (CST)
inXweTRUST - US (EST)
sangreal06 - US (EST)

Rehff - CAN (CST)

PinGun - France (GMT+1)

Could you add me to that list? Gamertag is Dictator93, timezone is EST.

Delt31

everytime I see this thread bumped I get excited for a patch. GOD ______ it. Where is the patch.

btw - I ordered the cronsumax and will let you know if it works out with the old xbox stick. Apparently it works well. I also bought afightpad too to try out so I'm all in. Will let you guys know. I'm not a tournament player by any means but the xbox dpad is killing my thumb and although better than 360, still doesn't get the job done - especially with using triggers and r1 for HP

bumpkin

How does it happen? I haven't played the game in a few days, but all of my unlocks were okay at the time.

.la1n

everytime I see this thread bumped I get excited for a patch. GOD ______ it. Where is the patch.

btw - I ordered the cronsumax and will let you know if it works out with the old xbox stick. Apparently it works well. I also bought afightpad too to try out so I'm all in. Will let you guys know. I'm not a tournament player by any means but the xbox dpad is killing my thumb and although better than 360, still doesn't get the job done - especially with using triggers and r1 for HP

Maybe we will hear something about a time frame for the patch during the MS stream Thursday. I'm thinking it may be patch + spinal + classic costumes all in one. I am hoping not as that would probably be still a month away on a patch but we'll see.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what is the word on the patch? we hopeful for balance fixes or quitting punishment?

Top Bottom