• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

hwalker84

I have too and I was playing a ranked match and I met a classic costume Orchid with Hot written on it got my ass beat which was expected.

Username was foxy something.(really should have recent played)

I like this game but suck at it get too excited and just mash really bad habit.

Edit: ok got the username from replay option username is Fox27111

Upload the damn video!!

i need patch notes!!

and yea classic orchid costume is there now, the game seems brighter (not sure how to describe it) as well. achievements for characters are no longer 2000 matches but 200 (thank u double helix), ranking system seems to be updated as well!

loading time seems a little better? idk might just be placebo lol. also finally 100% complete for achievements!

Delt31

patch is def out. I noticed that you know can see if your opponent is having a ranking up or down match which I was hoping for - gives you even more incentive to win!

I also noticed a bug with the music during two fights stopping all together and then starting. Also noticed a bug during the fight screen where a noise is played after the fighters are announced - could get annoying.

Classic orchid is cool but you can tell at the last min they had to change back to KI 1 outfit as the ki 2 head is on her but not the more revealing costume. hmmmm

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/new-update-for-killer-instinct-xbox-one-now-available/

Orchid’s Classic Costume is now available to use.
The Community Meld can now be accessed through the pause menu.
The ‘Battle Worn’ achievement has been reduced from requiring 2,000 wins per character to 200 wins per character.
In Ranked matches, you can now see if your opponent will rank up or down should they win or lose.
KI Store unlocks should now be working properly.
The KP Dojo exploit has been corrected and no longer works.
The game is now somewhat brighter than what it previously was.
Not sure if they are reliable but good news.

Silky

Banned
41IvMBf.png

hwalker84

patch is def out. I noticed that you know can see if your opponent is having a ranking up or down match which I was hoping for - gives you even more incentive to win!

I also noticed a bug with the music during two fights stopping all together and then starting. Also noticed a bug during the fight screen where a noise is played after the fighters are announced - could get annoying.

Classic orchid is cool but you can tell at the last min they had to change back to KI 1 outfit as the ki 2 head is on her but not the more revealing costume. hmmmm

The lighting around her washes the costume out some. Wish they didn't have to change it to the KI2 Orchid. You can tell there's more than just the outfit. She's smoother and the veins are gone.

Is anyone not getting the update? I can't get it to prompt me to download it and it locks me out of the online multiplayer without it.

Is it still rolling out and/or is there some way to force the download?

Timu

So I got an update, and now I can't seem to play it, I click on it and nothing happens, and I see this icon:

xq9z.png

Silky

Banned
Notes.

***New Features***

ROTATING FREE CHARACTER:

- Character rotation has been added. Sabrewulf is the new free character, replacing Jago.

***GENERAL FIXES***

FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT

- Players will now have access to play regardless of what USB port they plug into.

SAVE DATA FIXES

- Sign-in changes via KINECT will no longer erase save-data

TOASTS OPTION AVAILABLE

- Players will be able to disable toasts from the option menu (under display options)

***KI STORE FIXES***

COLOR #5 PROPERLY UNLOCKS

* NOTE: Players who have accomplished these tasks prior to launch will now be awarded retroactively

TRAINING MODE ICON UNLOCKED

*NOTE: If you have completed all the tasks required to unlock the costume, the TRAINING OCON will retroactively be unlocked.

***IN-GAME Updates***

- Character Select option added to the pause screen of local versus

- Command List corrected and updated

- Game will now pause when the controller for player 2 is removed

- Accessory menu screens updated and patched

- Added access to the MELD from the pause screen

- Replays library will be cleared since executable has been updated to a new version number

- Jago’s equipped accessories now display properly while in dojo mode.

***ON-LINE UPDATES***

VIEWABLE LEADERBOARDS

- Privilege check has been moved into the Xbox Live menu so non-gold members can view leaderboards

PARTY INVITES FIXES

- General fixes have been implemented to ensure the proper user-flow for people wanting to play exhibition matches with friends.

RANK-UP/RANK-DOWN DISPLAY

- RANK events (Rank-up/Rank-down), display notifications to both players prior to the start of the match.

RANK MATCH UPDATES

- The rank point distribution method has been updated. Please see the chart below for the updated system.

[​img]http://i.imgur.com/aJtLmsh.png[/img]

***GAMEPLAY UPDATES***

GLOBAL FIXES

INSTINCT MODE SHADOW COMBOS NOW BREAKABLE

- There were several instances where SHADOW MOVES we’re un-breakable after performing an instinct.-mode cancel With the current fix, SHADOW MOVES will be fully intractable after an instinct-mode cancel.

UNBLOCKABLE FIX

- Players can now adjust block height during instinct mode activation.

COMBO ENDER FIX

- There were several instances where certain moves labeled as “ENDERS” where unbreakable .

CHARACTER SPECIFIC FIXES

JAGO

- Jago’s Endokuken is now classified as an OPENER, when used in the beginning of combos.

SABREWULF

- Shadow Eclipse now scales properly if used as an OPENER.

- LEVEL-3 eclipse ENDER has been corrected to hit the opponent after performing a JUMPING SLASH

ORCHID

- Category correction for the first (2) hits of ICHI NI SAN.

- Damage scaling correction on UPPER FIRECAT

GLACIUS

- Shadow Hail will now have the same hit properties as an OPENER.

SADIRA

- HP /Shadow version of Widow’s bite is now categorized as OPENER.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok i vas reading somewhere that there's a way to select Jago classic costume for online but i had to close the tab since i was getting off work, any help?

I'm in love lol

.la1n

I am happy to be wrong about when the patch would be released :)

Seems like all good things, I assume Sadira's unbreakable strings have been patched? Didn't see anything specifically mentioning it.

edit: I see where it mentions the Sadira fix, excellllent.

.la1n

I don't understand why there is a process to use classic Jago to begin with. The costume is obviously completed so go ahead and let people use it. People did pay money for these.
Still didn't fix the spelling error for Jorneyman either. In classic DH fashion for everything they fix something else must be broken ;P

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yikes. based on jago's and orchid's classic costumes, maybe this was an idea better on paper?

Top Bottom