• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

agentreza

Awesome...yeah don't care about tournaments at all. Thanks for the heads up.

It really works as advertised! The only annoying thing i found about it was that i had to plug the xbox one controller once everyday and plug the fight stick after that. I was hoping it would be a one time thing. I have instead sold my madcatz te and bought a TE2 (hard to find) which is superb! I still kept my cronusmax to hook up my wireless receiver so that i can connect my spare xbox 360 controllers!! :)

ShinAmano

Thanks guys...anyone actually try it with a fightpad...either the sf or sfxt one? Also is this something to he worried about on ms radar? I don't want it to he blocked in the future. Finally...how do you connect an xb1 controller to it?

Delt31

Thanks guys...anyone actually try it with a fightpad...either the sf or sfxt one? Also is this something to he worried about on ms radar? I don't want it to he blocked in the future. Finally...how do you connect an xb1 controller to it?

I use my SF x Tekken pad and it works flawlessly (although I'm trying to learn a stick now so trying not to use it).

To connect the xb1 controller, you need a certain USB cord. Forgot the name but it's the one that comes with the PS4 controller to charge it.

SegaShack

Can anyone tell me what good sound settings for the game would be? I can never get happy with how the game sounds. I mainly want to hear the music. One of the options in the game's sound settings says it controls dynamic range, does that mean that setting it to 0 would be the most uncompressed audio?

ShinAmano

I use my SF x Tekken pad and it works flawlessly (although I'm trying to learn a stick now so trying not to use it).

To connect the xb1 controller, you need a certain USB cord. Forgot the name but it's the one that comes with the PS4 controller to charge it.
Last question...does it allow the use of a headset with the 360 pad? Or am I stuck trying to chat with kinect?

dankir

Can anyone tell me what good sound settings for the game would be? I can never get happy with how the game sounds. I mainly want to hear the music. One of the options in the game's sound settings says it controls dynamic range, does that mean that setting it to 0 would be the most uncompressed audio?

I think the best thing would be play with the settings and listen what sounds best for you no? I have everything pretty high as I love how this game sounds.

Ironhorse

Neo Member
So anyone recommend the Cronus Max? I want to get it to use fightpads for this game...just want an honet opinion if the $60 is well spent or if there is hope for xb1 fightpads.

I have used it with both an Xbox 360 as well as a PS3 arcade stick, and it works wonderfully. Additional bonus is the ability to use Xbox 360 steering wheels in Forza 5.

Yuterald

I've got a question about the Xbox One challenge-achievements. I'm going to try and get that "5 combo breakers in one match" challenge tonight before I turn in, but I'm curious as to how these work. I haven't researched them enough, but if you miss a challenge will they ever cycle around again? They're not like one-time affairs, right? Maybe aside from the ones that are like, "Be the first within the game's launch to do "x" thing", like in Crimson Dragon and Max.

Synth

I've got a question about the Xbox One challenge-achievements. I'm going to try and get that "5 combo breakers in one match" challenge tonight before I turn in, but I'm curious as to how these work. I haven't researched them enough, but if you miss a challenge will they ever cycle around again? They're not like one-time affairs, right? Maybe aside from the ones that are like, "Be the first within the game's launch to do "x" thing", like in Crimson Dragon and Max.

From what I can tell, they seem to be one-offs. The devs could choose to cycle them around again if they want, but I don't think it happens automatically.

Which is kinda crap when you have things like Crimson Dragon sticking artwork unlocks behind them...

Yuterald

From what I can tell, they seem to be one-offs. The devs could choose to cycle them around again if they want, but I don't think it happens automatically.

Which is kinda crap when you have things like Crimson Dragon sticking artwork unlocks behind them...

Weird, yeah, that's pretty barf-town considering the fact that the artwork in Crimson Dragon, are numbered. Sucks that you might have artwork 1,2,4,5, but not 3, etc. Seems stupid not to cycle them around for people who can't "schedule it in", so to speak.

.la1n

Anyone else having problems with online? It's always been a smooth experience for me but lately there seems to be random lag spikes even against people I used to never have issues with.

malfcn

What's with the broken rank system now?
You can rank up without a notification and not rank up when it does say you will.

And just now: Congrats on your new same rank.

Kriaser

My Cronusmax is out for delivery as I'm typing this... I'm so tempted to buy a xbone right now.

Should I? I really want to get into KI... Money ain't no thang.

agentreza

My Cronusmax is out for delivery as I'm typing this... I'm so tempted to buy a xbone right now.

Should I? I really want to get into KI... Money ain't no thang.

If money aint no thang then why the heck not??! :)

Both consoles have great exclusives coming out so you'll be well entertained! And then there's KI...:D

Kriaser

If money aint no thang then why the heck not??! :)

Both consoles have great exclusives coming out so you'll be well entertained! And then there's KI...:D

Very true.. I'm just going through all my trade ins right now to see how much I can reduce the price.

Should I buy Ultra Edition or Pin Ultimate? I'm not really sure how much I care about a physical case when there is no actual disc and I'm not huge into pins... Just get Ultra?

biRdy

Very true.. I'm just going through all my trade ins right now to see how much I can reduce the price.

Should I buy Ultra Edition or Pin Ultimate? I'm not really sure how much I care about a physical case when there is no actual disc and I'm not huge into pins... Just get Ultra?

If you don't plan on trying to collect the pins there really is no point, so I would say go with Ultra.

bumpkin

If you got the Pin Ultimate, I'd buy the case and pins off of you for $20... :)

I couldn't find the Ultimate edition anywhere at launch -- didn't preorder one -- so I ended up just buying the Ultra edition 'cuz I wanted to dive in headlong and play.

I'd go for the Pin Ultimate if you are a huge fan. You can't upgrade from one edition to the other, so get the best one. I have an extra if you can't find one.

.la1n

Alright so I am not the only one, seems the latest patch for KI introduced some new unseen lag into what was a pretty flawless online component. Hope they get around to fixing it soon, it was the best thing going for the game.

There was a tournament player's impressions of the Cronusmax posted in the weekly FGC thread and it was nothing but bad stuff. Lag, lag introduced into the 2nd player and the possibility of burning out the port it's plugged into. I was wanting to get one too but that stopped me, but everyone here is digging it so now I'm torn.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
There was a tournament player's impressions of the Cronusmax posted in the weekly FGC thread and it was nothing but bad stuff. Lag, lag introduced into the 2nd player and the possibility of burning out the port it's plugged into. I was wanting to get one too but that stopped me, but everyone here is digging it so now I'm torn.

link?

Kriaser

I read that same article while looking up information about the Cronusmax. It was an article by Perfect Legend.

The burning out of a port is honestly pretty absurd sounding, considering it was never mentioned on the official forums for any support issues. It honestly could have been faulty equipment to begin with, not the cronusmax itself causing the burn out.

The 2nd player input lag is a possibility, but really sounds silly. I never see any official topics about it. Just second hand here say.

Mine just came in the mail and I'm used to playing Makoto in AE and Jam in GG. I'll be sure to give it a review once I get it configured and test it out. I'll certainly know if there is input delay.

Man, I just hit 64 general fight titles and the achievement still hasn't popped for me. I've heard people say it can take a few more than 60 but I must be really unlucky. The crappy thing is that the next fight title for practice mode minutes is going to take another 25 hours. Just have to hope and pray that it unlocks after I manage get 70 more ranked wins. If that doesn't work I have no clue what the heck I'm gonna do.

Anyone else had issues like this with that achievement? I'm 5 achievements away from 1000ing this game and it's really going to suck if I can't get this one to pop.

biRdy

Man, I just hit 64 general fight titles and the achievement still hasn't popped for me. I've heard people say it can take a few more than 60 but I must be really unlucky. The crappy thing is that the next fight title for practice mode minutes is going to take another 25 hours. Just have to hope and pray that it unlocks after I manage get 70 more ranked wins. If that doesn't work I have no clue what the heck I'm gonna do.

Anyone else had issues like this with that achievement? I'm 5 achievements away from 1000ing this game and it's really going to suck if I can't get this one to pop.

Yeah the achievements seem to be bugged, though for me its the opposite, I received the 150 fight titles with Glacius when I only have 102.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Apparently another update for the game is out with Classic Jago officially available with accessories. Maybe some bug fixes too? I dont have the game yet, just saw a thread at the DH forums.

Apparently another update for the game is out with Classic Jago officially available with accessories. Maybe some bug fixes too? I dont have the game yet, just saw a thread at the DH forums.

Yeah I just fought a Classic Jago a little bit ago in ranked so it seems that way.

Yeah the achievements seem to be bugged, though for me its the opposite, I received the 150 fight titles with Glacius when I only have 102.

Yeah those are definitely buggy as well. I got all of them earlier than I should have. I think the highest I had to go to was 141 with Jago. I suppose not unlocking the general fight titles achievement is a little bit of karma lol.

The first and third swords look freakin awesome. I really wish Microsoft and/or Double Helix would offer an Ultra Edition upgrade for $20. Although as more time passes it seems less and less likely.

Game won't launch (like usual) for me. It keeps kicking me out to home.

Did you try completely powering down? Holding the power button for 5 seconds? That usually fixes everything for me. If that doesn't fix it then I'm not really sure what to try other than to delete and redownload.

malfcn

Did you try completely powering down? Holding the power button for 5 seconds? That usually fixes everything for me. If that doesn't fix it then I'm not really sure what to try other than to delete and redownload.

I use power-saving.
Booted up the console, went straight to KI.
Usually after 4-5 attempts it works.
No patch for me. Maybe it just works?

biRdy

I use power-saving.
Booted up the console, went straight to KI.
Usually after 4-5 attempts it works.
No patch for me. Maybe it just works?
Seems to be a quick patch, no download required. Haven't noticed anything but they did officially release classic Jago.

goldenpp72

So I'm pretty much brand new to this game.. I bought the PIN edition and i'm getting my ass handed to me trying to win 4 ranked matches in a row, I did a lot of the dojo stuff but, even when I finish something it doesn't really gel with me.. Anyone have any tips/advice for someone who is basically cold water to this series? I seem to end up facing people who are either so horrible I don't need to know anything or people so good I can't move -_-

Top Bottom