• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Hello there hands....awww shit

1535716_10202861382639552_1876951291_n.jpg

happened few moments ago, can't breath lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If they ever reveal Master Chief...... I'm going to flip a shit!

So Jago is a 70 year old man. okay.

Stick works great now, Dojo is much easier with it. What's the Haptic thing doing?

The haptic mode is supposed to flash the button LEDs when there's any sort of force feedback going on. KI doesn't support this mode, though.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
looks nice w/o the mask. wish stuff like that and orchid's googles were accessories
Orchid yes, Jago..Hell No.

IMO we should never see Jago's face, that's his whole character. Not to mention his "face" in that pic looks absolutely horrid and no doubt was never meant to be seen.

Also DH fails again at accessories with classic Jago and Orchid. Such a missed opportunity, they all look terrible and they should just stop at this point and focus on more important stuff. And yes I've seen Voltron Jago, no thanks.

/mini rant

derFeef

Playing Sadira for the first time now and she's a barrel of fun with the stick.
Question though - how do you follow up after the launcher?

Gawd, I forgot how to get this invite shizz working? How does it go again?

create a party (on the dash by saying "xbox: snap party") once you have the person you want in your party goto exhibition match and host a lobby. it should automatically send the invite to the other person in the party

bumpkin

You know a game is well-made when you step away for a few weeks, come back, and it's still as awesome as you remember. I've been using my gaming time primarily to play a game I got for Christmas co-op with the wife so KI kinda took a back-burner. I finally had some time to dive back in last night -- mostly out of curiosity about Jago classic -- and I completely had that sense of awe I got on Nov 22nd come flooding back. This game is so freaking good!

But you know what else is good? That little sample/teaser of Spinal's theme from Mick. My god, give us MOAR!

hwalker84

You know a game is well-made when you step away for a few weeks, come back, and it's still as awesome as you remember. I've been using my gaming time primarily to play a game I got for Christmas co-op with the wife so KI kinda took a back-burner. I finally had some time to dive back in last night -- mostly out of curiosity about Jago classic -- and I completely had that sense of awe I got on Nov 22nd come flooding back. This game is so freaking good!

But you know what else is good? That little sample/teaser of Spinal's theme from Mick. My god, give us MOAR!
Never was even a Spinal fan but I cannot wait to see him/play as him.

dankir

I see the obvious progression of Spinal's new theme from the KI and 2. But is anybody hearing some influence from Glacius' KI 2 theme?

Sogood.gif

derFeef

Thanks for the matches T.O.P - sadly could never take a lifebar from you ;)
Weirdly enough I have no problems with my combo flow against CPU - its just not working for me whenever I go online as I have to think about so much other stuff - could not even get Sadira's air attacks out consistantly for whatever reason.

Always appreciate when the pro's slay me, instead of randomly jumping around Jago's that do not even know how to combo and only do tiger fury's - but still beat me ;)

Thanks for the matches T.O.P - sadly could never take a lifebar from you ;)
Weirdly enough I have no problems with my combo flow against CPU - its just not working for me whenever I go online as I have to think about so much other stuff - could not even get Sadira's air attacks out consistantly for whatever reason.

Always appreciate when the pro's slay me, instead of randomly jumping around Jago's that do not even know how to combo and only do tiger fury's - but still beat me ;)

Have you considered modding your joystick yet? It's pretty easy and you may complete certain moves easier depending on the character you play as. A shorter throw distance on your stick may help with getting off Sadira's moves more consistently.

derFeef

Have you considered modding your joystick yet? It's pretty easy and you may complete certain moves easier depending on the character you play as. A shorter throw distance on your stick may help with getting off Sadira's moves more consistently.

I'm not sure it's a good idea messing with that yet as I am starting to get comfy with it. I noticed I often miss the last position in a QC motion though (left or right) - would that help?

edit: funny enough I got the 4 ranked matches achievement but I only won 3... weird.

I'm not sure it's a good idea messing with that yet as I am starting to get comfy with it. I noticed I often miss the last position in a QC motion though (left or right) - would that help?

edit: funny enough I got the 4 ranked matches achievement but I only won 3... weird.

An octagonal restrictor would help with that actually. It would allow you to feel all 8 directions on the joystick. This attachment doesn't even require tools (easiest part to replace actually). You just snap off the square restrictor and replace it with the octagonal one. I'd give it try. They are pretty cheap. Check this one out.

http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-gt-y-octagonal-restrictor-gate/

It works great for me. I added a bat top, new actuator for less throw, and I'm testing out another spring soon. All of this stuff makes it feel like an American joystick (which I prefer).

LTWheels

Adam Isgreen ‏@Ishmae1 1m
Protip: Once Spinal has skulls, STAY OUT OF THE CORNER. OMG the pressure mixups...

Glimpse of his instinct mode I assume.

or maybe something like a drinks mechanic like Shun Di has in VF?

God I hope Microsoft has the common sense to release the soundtrack to this. I'd pay good money to get my hands on it. Easily the best soundtrack since Shatter.

.la1n

Oh nice they brought back Spinal's floating skulls. I assume it's going to be part of his instinct mode this time, will be interesting. I actually want to see his stage just as much as him, I love Pirate anything and it sounds like there will be a Kraken wrecking ships during Ultras.

bumpkin

Yeah could not play or get into this game with the standard controller...needed my fightpad love.
I've been giving it the old college try using the XB1 controller (analog stick) since launch, but my Fightstick is the way I want to play it. Is the setup easy?

ShinAmano

I've been giving it the old college try using the XB1 controller (analog stick) since launch, but my Fightstick is the way I want to play it. Is the setup easy?

Yeah plug it into the PC and update the firmware...then set the output to XB1 under options...then plug it into the xb1,,,plua an xb1 controller into it...then swap for the controller you want.

BTW none of that was explained to me...had to look it all up.

bumpkin

Yeah plug it into the PC and update the firmware...then set the output to XB1 under options...then plug it into the xb1,,,plua an xb1 controller into it...then swap for the controller you want.

BTW none of that was explained to me...had to look it all up.
Sweet, sounds easy enough. Thanks for sharing your trial-by-fire findings. :)

Top Bottom