• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

derFeef

An octagonal restrictor would help with that actually. It would allow you to feel all 8 directions on the joystick. This attachment doesn't even require tools (easiest part to replace actually). You just snap off the square restrictor and replace it with the octagonal one. I'd give it try. They are pretty cheap. Check this one out.

http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-gt-y-octagonal-restrictor-gate/

It works great for me. I added a bat top, new actuator for less throw, and I'm testing out another spring soon. All of this stuff makes it feel like an American joystick (which I prefer).

Thanks for the tip, need to look up where to get this here. Meanwhile I try to be more subtle with my stick movements :) Second set of Dojo lessons are a good way to do that I think, spent almost an hour on lesson 18 or 19 - whatever the anti-air punish is with the tiger fury at the end.

For those of you who may be interested, we have some Killer Instinct themed iPhone 4/4s iPhone 5/5s, and Android wallpapers.

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/exclusive-killer-instinct-xbox-one-iphone-wallpapers/

No WIndows Phone? Boo! ;)

bumpkin

Thanks for the tip, need to look up where to get this here. Meanwhile I try to be more subtle with my stick movements :) Second set of Dojo lessons are a good way to do that I think, spent almost an hour on lesson 18 or 19 - whatever the anti-air punish is with the tiger fury at the end.
I still can't complete lesson 18. How can something so easy be so hard? :(

Where did you order yours?
They list a handful of e-tailers that carry it, the one that I went with was here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CronusMAX-for-Xbox-One-Xbox-360-PS3-Rapid-Fire-Turbo-Auto-Aim-/301061596404?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item4618ab64f4

I got USPS First Class shipping on it (for $4) and they say I should have it by Friday. If I had done their free shipping, it gave a date range of 1/17-1/31. I want it ASAP!

The Anti-air one is awful. It gets even hard once you have to start using manuals. I still can't get the hang of manuals.

Really annoying when you're about to make a comeback and the person quits. That should count as a win for you if someone does that. Also, I hate playing Sabrewulfs online.

Other than that this game is awesome. Cant wait for the story/arcade mode.

brettreyu

Really annoying when you're about to make a comeback and the person quits. That should count as a win for you if someone does that. Also, I hate playing Sabrewulfs online.

Other than that this game is awesome. Cant wait for the story/arcade mode.

The only character I've really dived in with is Jago, who seems to be OK against Sabrewulf online. Distance is your friend.

Story mode, arcade mode, another season of characters. Lots to look forward to with this game!

malfcn

Quitting is the weakest thing in fighting games. It is kind of sad that they didn't put some punishment mechanism in at least ranked.

Quitting is the weakest thing in fighting games. It is kind of sad that they didn't put some punishment mechanism in at least ranked.

I agree. Quitting should count as an auto win for the opponent, and loss for quitter. No idea why that wasn't how it was in beginning

derFeef

I had an opponent just stand there and taunting after I did my first two combos... that's also a way I guess...
I felt really shitty beating that one.

Anyone else get a KI Ultimate Pin Edition registration failed email today?

I did everything as I was supposed to. Scanned the code, entered the survey information(I acutally did it twice), but today received an email saying the registration can't be verified (I registered everything well over a month ago). It provides the same links that I've used before. If I scan the barcode on the Kinect it says it's already been used (by me..lol)..

Just wondering if anyone else received this email or knows more about this issue.

Anyone with the Pin Ultimate Edition have issues registering their game? I just got an email from them that the registration failed. I re-registered and hopefully it goes through the third time, already registered twice. I already met the challenge and hope I get my free Combo Breaker pin...

Here's the email I got:

Hello,

As of January 7, 2014, we have not been able to verify that you activated your Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition token with the provided Microsoft Account / Live ID.

Either have your Xbox One read the QR Code from the token card (just say 'XBOX USE CODE' to your Kinect) or manually input the 25-digit code in the Games Store.

Remember that this should be done from the same Microsoft Account / Live ID that you provided us. Be sure to read the eligibility requirements at http://killerinstinctpins.com

If you did activate it from a different account, please, visit the Registration Page again and fill out the form accordingly. HINT: This is the Microsoft Account / Live ID login email is the same that you used to set up your account on your Xbox.

If you have already completed the January challenge or are planning to do it soon, don't worry. As long as you register correctly by Monday, January 20, 11:59PM PST, you will still be eligible to get a promo code for the first pin.

Thanks!

Should I attempt to contact someone else about this?

Anyone with the Pin Ultimate Edition have issues registering their game? I just got an email from them that the registration failed. I re-registered and hopefully it goes through the third time, already registered twice. I already met the challenge and hope I get my free Combo Breaker pin...

Here's the email I got:

Should I attempt to contact someone else about this?

Same one I got. I like how it gives out every scenario except "if you registered correctly but you're receiving this email"...lol...Guess I'll just register it again. Previously I had only done it through the Xbox..This time I'll register in on my computer.

I replied to the email with my concern, but I doubt that will lead anywhere.

malfcn

If they don't fix the quitting in the next patch then Fuck this game. Every time I'm in a rack up match they quit. Then I get matched with a dude 15 ranks above me. (expectedly I got my ass handed to me. But then I ranked up the next match?)

Sdoots

Just looked through the thread to see what's going on in with the game at the moment.

Still putting funds aside so I can get the Xbone, KI, and the stick all at once, but I'm starting to wonder if I should bother at this point. Sounds like opinion is starting to turn on this game. You guys still feel like it's worthwhile, or are the ragequits dragging it down enough to where I should look elsewhere?

Been out of the loop for the past few weeks so I've been out of practice.

Are rage quitters starting to surface now? Don't remember encountering any during the first month or so.

.la1n

Just looked through the thread to see what's going on in with the game at the moment.

Still putting funds aside so I can get the Xbone, KI, and the stick all at once, but I'm starting to wonder if I should bother at this point. Sounds like opinion is starting to turn on this game. You guys still feel like it's worthwhile, or are the ragequits dragging it down enough to where I should look elsewhere?

Rage quitting is a very real part of online gaming. It happens. DH will probably work out some form of punishing players who do so but for now it is what it is. It hasn't altered my enjoyment of the game but I play more for fun than like every match is life or death. If anyone has anger management problems they probably should avoid fighting games in general.

Kriaser

I bought KI and xbone all at once. I don't really regret it at all. Ragequitters exist everywhere. You aren't going to avoid them even if you play AE or KoF or anything else. I do agree that the system needs to punish ragequitters in some fashion, but at the same time, just knowing you made someone salty enough to be mad at a video game (and themselves for performing badly) to the point of ragequitting is it's own victory.

Also, just start taking names of obvious ragequitters and post them around. The only "legit" ragequit is when the lag is awful and it won't drop the connection.

If you can, I would definitely suggest going to a Microsoft store or whatnot that has KI available to play either via demo or otherwise. Really try to sit down with the game and see if you like how it plays.

Skab

Ragequits are hardly exclusive to KI. They're in every online game.

Also I don't really see how you could think opinion has turned on the game going off of this thread. Pretty sure everyone that is in here enjoys it.

Sdoots

Ragequits are hardly exclusive to KI. They're in every online game.

Also I don't really see how you could think opinion has turned on the game going off of this thread. Pretty sure everyone that is in here enjoys it.

Didn't say they were exclusive to this game, and I'm browsing at work, so I'm sometimes only able to briefly skim through posts. My mistake.

Didn't say they were exclusive to this game, and I'm browsing at work, so I'm sometimes only able to briefly skim through posts. My mistake.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the rage quits. The game is awesome and should only get better. Hopefully the community remains strong and the game just keeps growing and growing.

Kriaser

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the rage quits. The game is awesome and should only get better. Hopefully the community remains strong and the game just keeps growing and growing.

Only thing holding us back is console exclusive... Here's to a hoping for a PC release later on. I'd totally double buy.

Jezehbell

I tend to add people who are cool and seem on my play level - does not happen often though.

I prefer playing with my friends but they don't like fighting games very much, most of the time i'm alone on the game. I could add "strangers" but i'm french (and i don't see many french online), it's not really funny to play with english dudes specially when we're talking with Kinect. The matchmaking system seems broken also, most of the time, the matches are not balanced ( i'm level 2-3 and i have to beat guys who are level 7+), it's frustating.

ACH1LL3US

More and more people have found out that there's no penalty for quitting its rampant.

Sadly this is a main reason I took a timeout from the game. So many times I was going to rank up, and the other guy ragequits at the end of the match and I don't rank up.

I would like to see quitting to have a negative impact on ones rank. Hopefully DH will consider it :)

hwalker84

Sadly this is a main reason I took a timeout from the game. So many times I was going to rank up, and the other guy ragequits at the end of the match and I don't rank up.

I would like to see quitting to have a negative impact on ones rank. Hopefully DH will consider it :)

Yeah it pisses me off. So many times on rank up matches I had a person quit then I lose my next match. ARGH!

malfcn

I am 7 and got matched with another 19 Thunder. Took a round and some from him, and then he trapped me and destroyed all hope.

malfcn

All this talk of quitting, and I quit my first match. I feel dirty, I am a rank 7 and it matched me with a rank 29. That is plain stupid.

Hello there hands....awww shit

1535716_10202861382639552_1876951291_n.jpg

happened few moments ago, can't breath lol
This is all I could think of once I saw unmasked Jago.

ptm.png

ACH1LL3US

All this talk of quitting, and I quit my first match. I feel dirty, I am a rank 7 and it matched me with a rank 29. That is plain stupid.

PLaying better people will make you a better player, I would have tried to play. I am level 7 and I was able to beat a level 19 :/

bumpkin

I've found that I pretty much have almost nobody to fight against. None of my nearby friends are that info fighting games, and the ones who don't mind them aren't a fan (clearly) of being a punching bag. lol. It isn't to say that I'm good at any given fighter, I'm just better than people who don't play them regularly.

At any rate, I'm looking for some peeps to spar with. Feel free to send me a friend request. I'd love to have some battles with you guys & gals! My gamertag is DaveB1980

TagZ

I prefer playing with my friends but they don't like fighting games very much, most of the time i'm alone on the game. I could add "strangers" but i'm french (and i don't see many french online), it's not really funny to play with english dudes specially when we're talking with Kinect. The matchmaking system seems broken also, most of the time, the matches are not balanced ( i'm level 2-3 and i have to beat guys who are level 7+), it's frustating.

I'm not French but I live in France and I speak French (not like a Frenchman though :D).
So if you want to get some games going send me a message/invite and anyone else who wants to!

Gamertag: CARROT RAIN

Sdoots

I've found that I pretty much have almost nobody to fight against. None of my nearby friends are that info fighting games, and the ones who don't mind them aren't a fan (clearly) of being a punching bag. lol. It isn't to say that I'm good at any given fighter, I'm just better than people who don't play them regularly.

At any rate, I'm looking for some peeps to spar with. Feel free to send me a friend request. I'd love to have some battles with you guys & gals! My gamertag is DaveB1980

Dave! We're friends on PSN. I haven't picked up my Xbox One yet, and won't have the money to do so for another week or so, but feel free to send a friend request to Sdoots. I'll accept it as soon as I get on Xbox Live again. (My 360 is already packed up.)

Top Bottom