• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Baliis

My region finally got in a Fight again after ~11 days so I decide to help out, first Raid puts me against a dude who has some electric rapier thing I've never seen that stunlock and kills me in one combo. God damn it lol

Edit: Wait, if you fail in a Raid attempt it removes the option? Before that was my only option, now after I died it's back to my regular Random/Rescue/Favorites options?

Man, even if I invade someone's tower from the region we're fighting against it doesn't award any Fight points towards the Fight. Is it REALLY a one and one thing if you die Raiding against an enemy region? That's super lame unless I'm missing something :/

Yea its lose one and youre out, which is unfortunate since it can put you against way higher ranked players than you that are impossible to beat.

So the welding gun seems pretty solid, except it randomly fires duds which is kinda lame.

So last night was a fun long boss fight for me. Beat Coen on floor 34 and had to use my fists to do so. Died 14 times but I beat him in the end. Took about almost an hour and half to do so. Yet it was worth it for me to get my Grade 5 characters unlocked. God damn this game is beyond hard at times and frustrating all together. Also the Reaper weapon is the most BS weapon in the game when it comes to A.I. That combo is retarded.

MrDaravon

Yea its lose one and youre out, which is unfortunate since it can put you against way higher ranked players than you that are impossible to beat.

That fucking sucks and almost defeats the purpose of the region fights if you're completely knocked out of helping your team by a single loss.

Every time I feel like I've turned a corner on the game or some aspect of it clicks with me I get fucked by something else lol.

Baliis

That fucking sucks and almost defeats the purpose of the region fights if you're completely knocked out of helping your team by a single loss.

Every time I feel like I've turned a corner on the game or some aspect of it clicks with me I get fucked by something else lol.

To be honest I don't mind. I'd rather pick my targets than raid people with no defenders for 200 kc/spl over and over. Lemme pick targets that have 3k+ or have TDM points so I can actually rank up.

MrDaravon

To be honest I don't mind. I'd rather pick my targets than raid people with no defenders for 200 kc/spl over and over. Lemme pick targets that have 3k+ or have TDM points so I can actually rank up.

whynotboth.gif

I totally agree with you in general, but given that this was only the second time my region has been in a Fight since the game came out and it was fairly close I actually legitimately wanted to try to help my team win :(.

Baliis

whynotboth.gif

I totally agree with you in general, but given that this was only the second time my region has been in a Fight since the game came out and it was fairly close I actually legitimately wanted to try to help my team win :(.

I suppose. I'm in Cali so it's basically just a gang bang anyways.

MrDaravon

I suppose. I'm in Cali so it's basically just a gang bang anyways.

hot

Right when TDM came out I actually almost chose CA since I grew up there and would still consider it my home, but I went with where I'm living now and it turns out that was a bad idea lol. I should probably just change teams, but then I'd run into the opposite problem you're having where you don't get any choice at all in who you attack.

This game is so damn weird... which is no surprise. What is surprising is how big of a game it is for a FTP title. I only playing it for a short while last night but it seems interesting enough.

Syysch

whynotboth.gif

You can still get fight points from successful defenses I believe. But yeah, you keep going in the fight until you fail a raid.

neshcom

Banned
Has anyone had a weird fight on load? Instead of going to my waiting room, I was put in a slow-motion 1v1 fight with my then-active fighter. It had a three minute timer and at the end, I got SPLithium for the hits I landed.

squidyj

>30k to <5k overnight thanks to being raided. needs more cooldown.
can't even raid high value targets to ge tmoney back i just wind up getting poor as shit fuckwits.

ironcreed

Banned
Well, I love the game itself so far now that I am figuring more stuff out. It's like Rob Zombie's brain, Japan and the 80's tossed into a blender. I would have easily paid $60 for it had they just included everything and balanced it out like a traditional title. But even as it is, I'll definitely get some quality time out of it. I can see that now.

Hamster0

Has anyone had a weird fight on load? Instead of going to my waiting room, I was put in a slow-motion 1v1 fight with my then-active fighter. It had a three minute timer and at the end, I got SPLithium for the hits I landed.

Someone was in the middle of raiding your base

ironcreed

Banned
I saw a level 23 hater on the second floor while I was level 1. Luckily, I was able to escape and get back to the waiting room where I figured out how to level up, lol. I figured I would have been done instantly had she hit me.

Nose Master

Just spawned completely invisible in the lobby after taking an elevator down. Could see an iron bouncing around, but the camera was fixed on the elevator. Leveled up and quit, crashed the game. :(

Baliis

Just spawned completely invisible in the lobby after taking an elevator down. Could see an iron bouncing around, but the camera was fixed on the elevator. Leveled up and quit, crashed the game. :(
Weird. Least you made it to the waiting room! I had a "freeze"earlier trying to TDM, got stuck waiting for the menu to load and had to close the application

Demoskinos

Now I need Black Metal? Where is that from?

The easiest place to farm it from at a low level would be on floor 22 Kawabe. There is always a trap room that spawns a gold chest that has a fairly decent chance for Black Metal (Sometimes green). The upside is you can also grab a number of the other materials for most of the 3 star stuff you would want to make from the same floor.

Also regarding your post a bit back I think You'll find the 20+ floors a tad easier once you start getting armor with high slash resistance which most of the armor from these floors are. Your first few runs through the area are going to be real seat of your pants affairs though. One thing Id suggest is make sure you grab EVERY brainshroom you can as they are invaluable for dealing with haters. They basically put haters/screamers into a instant groggy state where you can do a free goretastic and instantly kill them.

Demoskinos

Buying a monthly pass has freed me from playing the game nonstop on days where I've used a daily pass lol. Freedom!

Its so good. Extra Inventory slots. Free Raids. No elevator frees. Free Decals. And of course most importantly you get to sit on a nice couch in the elevator.

Demoskinos

"How hard could this floor 26 mid-boss be" I said with foolish swagger.

*20 Death Metals Later after finally punching Jin-Die to death.....*

Stupid decisions were made tonight. But I can't feel mad at the game because its my own dumb fault.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
>30k to <5k overnight thanks to being raided. needs more cooldown.
can't even raid high value targets to ge tmoney back i just wind up getting poor as shit fuckwits.
Always use up your splithium.before logging out, either with base upgrades or equipment upgrades.

DigSCCP

How does this regions wars work?
Its PvP ?
Does it matter what region you are if you want some region war ?
I saw that US states are the biggest contenders on the game but I wanted to be on Brazil team...am I missing something or our time to region war is going to happen too?

Riposte

"How hard could this floor 26 mid-boss be" I said with foolish swagger.

*20 Death Metals Later after finally punching Jin-Die to death.....*

Stupid decisions were made tonight. But I can't feel mad at the game because its my own dumb fault.

I'd hate to rub salt into your wounds, but you could have converted one of those metals to coins get that character back and then redoubled your effort (with more shrooms). I mean 20 metals, goddamn...

Anyway, Jin-Die is bullshit. I really hate that boss.

DigSCCP

Wait a minute...I was just checking the trophy list and then I saw "Defeat all Jackals" damn is that even posible? lol
Has anyone around here defeated at least one of them?
One last question : I saw some people saying they finished the game...is there a end? Or at least a campaign ending?

I'd hate to rub salt into your wounds, but you could have converted one of those metals to coins get that character back and then redoubled your effort (with more shrooms). I mean 20 metals, goddamn...

Anyway, Jin-Die is bullshit. I really hate that boss.

Doesnt one metal only give you 5k coins?
Anyway, happy holiday.

delSai

Well that fight against Cali is going exactly as expected lol

The upcoming fights against Canada, Texas and Brazil should be more fun.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The easiest place to farm it from at a low level would be on floor 22 Kawabe. There is always a trap room that spawns a gold chest that has a fairly decent chance for Black Metal (Sometimes green). The upside is you can also grab a number of the other materials for most of the 3 star stuff you would want to make from the same floor.

Also regarding your post a bit back I think You'll find the 20+ floors a tad easier once you start getting armor with high slash resistance which most of the armor from these floors are. Your first few runs through the area are going to be real seat of your pants affairs though. One thing Id suggest is make sure you grab EVERY brainshroom you can as they are invaluable for dealing with haters. They basically put haters/screamers into a instant groggy state where you can do a free goretastic and instantly kill them.

Yeah I've been building a stash from expeditions.

I think what boggles my mind is how all the 3* BPs I have require a black metal. The game needs a way to track where you can find certain items because it's absolutely not clear otherwise. I don't mind he slow pace the game takes up at the F21+ phase, but I do wish there was something in place to make things less mysterious.

Unrelated, do stamp machines ever come back? I have 1 that I failed at the start of the game and 2 Good stamps (vs Perfect) a that I want to fix.

Volcynika

Any tips for the 23F boss? It's just sooooo spongy and takes so much to damage it. I got to about 20% of its HP, then the attack pattern change-up caught me off guard. Even cleaver saber didn't help too much.

Syysch

Absolutely. Best and most useful Rage move in the game.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom