• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Got the 6€ one time 30 DM bundle and immediately spent it all on storage space. For the record, I thought I had read somewhere that 300 was the limit? Well, it's not true in any case; I'm at 370 right now. feelsgoodman.jpg.

The website says 500 is the limit. Nice though!

I'm at 110 at the moment and that seems pretty reasonable for my needs, so far.

ironcreed

Banned
Downloading now and just watched some footage. The style of the game looks fantastic and it probably would have been on my radar before had it not been a free to play game. At any rate, I'm sure that I will get at least a few hours of free fun out of it. Looking forward to trying it later.

hbkdx12

So claws are hilariously good. A+

Claws are dope. I maxed out the tier 1's asap. I'm gated from upgrading them to the next tier. Only thing i hate about them is that their range is so short whereas im use to the machete which allows you to get a pretty good distance on your target

So i keep hearing how great the iron is even late into the game. I haven't really much except in the early game when i didn't have blueprints and haven't bothered upgrading it at all once i did find the blueprint. That longstanding animation while you use the iron always seemed to me like an invitation for death if you don't actually land the hit. Is this not really an issue? Is a really worth upgrading and using? Because people said the firework launcher was fantastic and although i mastered that i gave it up for the crossbow which shoots much faster and fires in a straight line rather than an arc

Syysch

Claws are dope. I maxed out the tier 1's asap. I'm gated from upgrading them to the next tier. Only thing i hate about them is that their range is so short whereas im use to the machete which allows you to get a pretty good distance on your target

So i keep hearing how great the iron is even late into the game. I haven't really much except in the early game when i didn't have blueprints and haven't bothered upgrading it at all once i did find the blueprint. That longstanding animation while you use the iron always seemed to me like an invitation for death if you don't actually land the hit. Is this not really an issue? Is a really worth upgrading and using? Because people said the firework launcher was fantastic and although i mastered that i gave it up for the crossbow which shoots much faster and fires in a straight line rather than an arc

The iron is amazing because the multiple hits wreck the target's armor durability and breaks it quickly. Can create an opening for other weapons to hit much harder. Not to mention the 3rd tier jumps to >500 damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I found a 2* Claw BP and that poison is legit.

As for Irons, they're fantastic against bosses. Red Hot Iron+ rage move renders Jin-Die useless. She freaks out and I can just wail on her. Great for farming mats early on. Max took a beating with it, too. Same with GOTO-9. I don't like using them against Haters or random enemies because of the "Oh shit I missed" situation, but they're awesome for bossing and perfect parry punishing.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm looking forward to getting the blueprint for that one. Is it floors 20-25 that it drops?

I'm in the low 20's right now, but that thing is a boss killer up to this point. It's pretty damned handy as a parry once you get the timing down for mobs and haters as well.

hbkdx12

Thanks everyone. I'll start putting in some effort to level up the iron

I'm looking forward to getting the blueprint for that one. Is it floors 20-25 that it drops?

I'm only on floor 19 and i've had them for a while so im not entire sure what floor i found the blueprint. Probably somewhere between 13 and 16 i imagine. I do a lot of farming on those floors

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm only on floor 19 and i've had them for a while so im not entire sure what floor i found the blueprint. Probably somewhere between 13 and 16 i imagine. I do a lot of farming on those floors

Ah, thanks! I'll farm 15-19 for a bit. That actually will be a bit of a reprieve!

Innolis

I'm getting a better grasp on the game now.

I understand the Priest set is "the" set for ** armor, I'm about to max the 2 pieces (the head seems lackluster). What's the next good set of armor to look out for?

Syysch

I'm getting a better grasp on the game now.

I understand the Priest set is "the" set for ** armor, I'm about to max the 2 pieces (the head seems lackluster). What's the next good set of armor to look out for?

There's a lot of slash damage in the 20s and a lot of blunt damage in the (low) 30s, not sure about higher. Honestly I've been using the priest set all the way through and havent run into issues yet. I have the chest at S+4? And legs at S, works out to i think a little over 900 defense on a fresh set with the helm I'm wearing (the beret thing), really dont take unmanageable damage even to blunt weapons in the 30s.

Innolis

There's a lot of slash damage in the 20s and a lot of blunt damage in the (low) 30s, not sure about higher. Honestly I've been using the priest set all the way through and havent run into issues yet. I have the chest at S+4? And legs at S, works out to i think a little over 900 defense on a fresh set with the helm I'm wearing (the beret thing), really dont take unmanageable damage even to blunt weapons in the 30s.

Cool, thanks!

The iron is amazing because the multiple hits wreck the target's armor durability and breaks it quickly. Can create an opening for other weapons to hit much harder. Not to mention the 3rd tier jumps to >500 damage.

In addition its amazing for eliminating high-end haters if you use the rage attack to stun them, then circle around them for a back drop. Gotten through some fights I definitely should have lost thanks to that thing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Where do you farm the rare mats to upgrade this set? Mine is at +2 but I want to get that sucker higher before 20+

Innolis

Is there a set amount of time one needs to be on a floor for the Jackals to arrive, or does it change per floor?

It's random, I've been jumped by them on the 5th floor after 3 minutes of being around while at the same time being over 15 minutes with none of them appearing. It seems doing the same boss over and over increases the chance (not sure if it's tied to the boss or to going in and out of the same floor though).

I've been farming GOTO on the 11th floor and they showed up pretty quickly at the 4th or 5th try.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a set amount of time one needs to be on a floor for the Jackals to arrive, or does it change per floor?

The running theory is that they don't spawn if there are enemies still on the floor. People are trying to test this but nobody has been able to 100% confirm yet. I've never seen one on a boss floor (at least not before I kill the boss), so that checks out. I was farming F16 for quite some time with no alarm.

Treasure rooms may or may not impact the spawn, too. Lots of info still in limbo.

E: The post above me may disprove the theory. However, people have said the spawn timer is bugged. If you have a jackal spawn and move to the next floor, the timer is messed up and follows a new set of rules. So that may allow them to spawn even with enemies if the previous floor(s) had a spawn.

Again, unknown info right now!

Innolis

Where do you farm the rare mats to upgrade this set? Mine is at +2 but I want to get that sucker higher before 20+

Floor 12 (ukongaoka / seyane) have rather large amounts of the wire mountains you need to upgrade both. GOTO on floor 11 drops the green candle metal at 100% chance (at least I think it's 100%, has not dropped anything else for me). Then you need wool for chest and cotton for pants I believe. Wool I'm having problems finding now but It's supposedly plentiful on the 3rd floor. Cotton is everywhere between 1-10th floors.

D i Z

Floor 12 (ukongaoka / seyane) have rather large amounts of the wire mountains you need to upgrade both. GOTO on floor 11 drops the green candle metal at 100% chance (at least I think it's 100%, has not dropped anything else for me). Then you need wool for chest and cotton for pants I believe. Wool I'm having problems finding now but It's supposedly plentiful on the 3rd floor. Cotton is everywhere between 1-10th floors.

Not true. You can get it there, but the drop rate is low, and he does drop other random items as well.

Syysch

What's your guys advice for armor for the 20-30 floors? What do you use? Where do you farm?

High slash resist will help, it's constant claws, spears, axes, and longswords up there, with the occasional nailgun which i think is piercing. I used the priest set.

Where is the easiest way to farm black metal's with a grade 3 fighter? I have a few from quest rewards, but sadly none for blueprints i need.

Floor 22 has a trap room with a gold chest that has a high chance for black metals, with a chance for greens or junk equipment/coins. I run 21 to 23, because you get materials, with 23 seemingly having a better chance for copper wire mountains (i think that's the right copper one), which is why i dont do 21-22-21.

Hasn't yet dropped anything else to me, maybe I just got lucky. Will do a few more runs when I get home.

He does drop other stuff, has a pretty high chance for the metal drop, but occasionally you'll get equipment, coins, or nothing.

Demoskinos

I found a 2* Claw BP and that poison is legit.

As for Irons, they're fantastic against bosses. Red Hot Iron+ rage move renders Jin-Die useless. She freaks out and I can just wail on her. Great for farming mats early on. Max took a beating with it, too. Same with GOTO-9. I don't like using them against Haters or random enemies because of the "Oh shit I missed" situation, but they're awesome for bossing and perfect parry punishing.

The thing about the claws though is the Rage move is FANTASTIC. Especially for haters/ screamers that try to zone you with guns or try to bait you to attacking first.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, I thought this was only going to be around a 24 GB download and I went to check on it and now it is saying nearly 50 GB and I am only half way there. But I went ahead and started it and played the tutorial.

So far I absolutely love the style and overall mood of the game. Pretty amazing actually. I'll get some fun out of it for sure and can't complain that I am getting to play it for free until I either want to keep going, drop it or maybe even support it a bit. Good first impressions at least.

After the rough ass tutorials I finally tried this again and got in quite deep, I think. Good style (maybe excluding the whole rock/pop that started coming in at some point), good combat (unless its mobs) and it just pleases all of your hunting and gathering instincts. Though I'm not a fan of the fact that you apparently gotta start over from level 1 with new characters regularely. Not to mention that when I run out of re-tries, I wonder how much more annoying the game gets. Though even if this becomes too tedious, I've already had at least 5 to 7 hours of fun for free.

MrDaravon

How am I getting level 70+ Haters in my tower pretty consistently that one-shot me when I only have Grade two unlocked and can't break level 50 myself yet. I thought you only got Haters in your level bracket, or did I misunderstand something?

Is there a point in the game where the non-cloth materials from the first 10 floors become worthless? I don't think I need Iron Scraps or Veneer wood anymore

How am I getting level 70+ Haters in my tower pretty consistently that one-shot me when I only have Grade two unlocked and can't break level 50 myself yet. I thought you only got Haters in your level bracket, or did I misunderstand something?

Did you hit floor 16? That's when Grade 3 unlocks.

Ishmae1

So is the only way to get better (i.e. non L25 max "well rounded") characters to raid other players? Because I just had my one character from the newb raid stolen by someone that appeared to be above my level, and I don't think I'll be able to get them back based on their level vs. mine.

Repeatedly grinding up L25s for defense is getting really stale. Should I just move on in the tower? I've only gone to L5 or so.

Baliis

Does floor 23 boss drop milk black metal?

I've done at least a dozen runs on 22 and the only blacks I get are war, and a few green milk.

23 is GOTO right? Drops Candle Wolf. The metals are so fucked up right now, only way to get them reasonably is to farm the chest over and over for hours.

Syysch

So is the only way to get better (i.e. non L25 max "well rounded") characters to raid other players? Because I just had my one character from the newb raid stolen by someone that appeared to be above my level, and I don't think I'll be able to get them back based on their level vs. mine.

Repeatedly grinding up L25s for defense is getting really stale. Should I just move on in the tower? I've only gone to L5 or so.

You unlock higher tier characters for purchase who have higher max levels and base stats by reaching higher floors in the tower.

Beat floor 10 boss and you get grade 2 fighters.

Imo it's not worth leveling a bunch of grade 1's.

Floex

Going off topic slightly, I see Killer is Dead is super cheap on PSN and seeing LID has rekindled my love of Grasshoper games, worth a play?

23 is GOTO right? Drops Candle Wolf. The metals are so fucked up right now, only way to get them reasonably is to farm the chest over and over for hours.

I'm not sure on the boss as I haven't fought them yet.

I have all these new blueprints and haven't been able to make a single one.

Guess I'll go kill the boss then for some candle wolf blacks.

Thanks man.

MrDaravon

My region finally got in a Fight again after ~11 days so I decide to help out, first Raid puts me against a dude who has some electric rapier thing I've never seen that stunlock and kills me in one combo. God damn it lol

Edit: Wait, if you fail in a Raid attempt it removes the option? Before that was my only option, now after I died it's back to my regular Random/Rescue/Favorites options?

Man, even if I invade someone's tower from the region we're fighting against it doesn't award any Fight points towards the Fight. Is it REALLY a one and one thing if you die Raiding against an enemy region? That's super lame unless I'm missing something :/

Top Bottom