• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

D i Z

I kept seeing these higher level haters and just ran and figured I had to grind a bunch, but I am glad I decided to stop dicking around and went for it. Now I feel like it's moving at a more normal pace. I'm sure that will change at some point, though. I have only just beat Coen and reached the 4th floor.

Just remember that you can beat anything, as long as they can't hit you. That will mean more as you progress.

the-matrix-kung-fu-morpheus-head.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
I am actually surprised at the abundance of everything, including the currency. And then some of the low prices for decals, R&D, etc. The more I play, the more it impresses me. I keep expecting to hit some pay to win bullshit scenarios, but I have not so far.

For those of you just hitting the 20s. There's an awesome sideroute that lets you go from 22-25. Lets you get Rank 4 fighters without the pain in the ass boss fight. If you're feeling daring you can go to floor 29 to unlock all of the rank 3 quests.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am actually surprised at the abundance of everything, including the currency. And then some of the low prices for decals, R&D, etc. The more I play, the more it impresses me. I keep expecting to hit some pay to win bullshit scenarios, but I have not so far.

There hasn't been a pay wall in any major way. Storage is the only thing that I feel is somewhat necessary, and that costs 2 DM for 10. However, you can cheese it a bit by using your freezer fighters as storage. You can't use DMs to buy any of the crafting mats, so you will have to farm those. The only major wall/required farming I've seen so far is that any 3* BP you find later will require rare mats. Not such an issue if these weren't required to proceed...

Anyone know if Luck impacts cheat drops? I'm going to use my snails on a Lucky Star to farm coins to start buying Stews like mad.

hbkdx12

Ok. I'm finally starting to see the beauty of the iron. I got it to the 3rd level of the 2nd tier with the 4th level being r&d'd before i went offline

It seems like the durability gives out before you actually run out of ammo/steam. Whats the best way to get the most out of it? I still have a few levels left before i master it. Does that affect it?

Caim

Ok. I'm finally starting to see the beauty of the iron. I got it to the 3rd level of the 2nd tier with the 4th level being r&d'd before i went offline

It seems like the durability gives out before you actually run out of ammo/steam. Whats the best way to get the most out of it? I still have a few levels left before i master it. Does that affect it?

Not really just stamina loss, but if whatever iron you're using is upgraded you'll run of steam before the durability gives out so you can still do some damage with it.

You can also perfect block with the Steam Guard skill which is neat because it has some range on it.

Skrams

So people might have already mentioned it or known, but it's neat to me I guess?

This song from the soundtrack at 1:18 samples Obama's victory speech faintly in the background. "Change Has Come."

Just a weird thing I faintly heard a week or so ago and after finally finding the song via the youtube playlist I did some googling. Finally got my answer.

Haha, oh man. Finally got my hands on the motor psycho blueprint. That thing's amazing.

Edit: And I just got the pun, what a fantastic weapon.

Xux

TFW when a last minute raid puts you just over for a stew and a Waiting Room upgrade.

Woof, this fist grind is real.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ah screw it I bought the 1st Time Only Skulls and the Express Pass so there I supported the game after continuously playing it these past 5 days.

So what triggers the "Dream Fight" after you leave the Elevator? I was completely caught off guard by it and it was really enjoyable fighting myself at the beat of the music in slow motion.

Ah screw it I bought the 1st Time Only Skulls and the Express Pass so there I supported the game after continuously playing it these past 5 days.

So what triggers the "Dream Fight" after you leave the Elevator? I was completely caught off guard by it and it was really enjoyable fighting myself at the beat of the music in slow motion.

You fight yourself when you try to return to your waiting room while someone is raiding it. It's just to fill time so the raid can finish up.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You fight yourself when you try to return to your waiting room while someone is raiding it. It's just to fill time so the raid can finish up.
Yes that makes sense somebody did come to rescue the hostage I took but thanks for the heads up maybe next time I see someone is raiding my base I will head to the elevator immediately.

Ricker

You have like 3 or 4 slots when you start. Unless you spend SPLithium to upgrade the freezer to add slots, you'll need to destroy a character to make room.

I understand that but where do I buy extra slots...Uncle Death tells me to check the Fighter Depot...where is that ? I dont see it in the Waiting Room,my Freezer has only 3 slots and I am still stuck at max level 26 (or 25 for the females)...just saw something near the toilets but when I click that I see a cam view of a green screen toilet...how do I spend my SPlithium...?

Lucent

I understand that but where do I buy extra slots...Uncle Death tells me to check the Fighter Depot...where is that ? I dont see it in the Waiting Room,my Freezer has only 3 slots and I am still stuck at max level 26 (or 25 for the females)...just saw something near the toilets but when I click that I see a cam view of a green screen toilet...how do I spend my SPlithium...?

Talk to Tetsuo (Creepy robot/manequin guy) that handles the raids. There's an option for the Waiting Room and there you can upgrade your freezer.

Volcynika

Hope LiD-GAF enjoys the holiday today, should you celebrate it!

My hunters brought me back some transparungus mushrooms, so that was enough to *finally* beat the 23F boss. I then almost had a damn heart attack making my way towards the 25F elevator, poison almost killed me but I had eaten a pillbug prior and I had a ton of food on hand. Even had to double back and recycle the enemies, 25F was littered with crossbow users and more than one at a time was difficult. It was intense seeing these much higher level enemies and my weapons slowly but surely breaking down. But once I saw the elevator, a shining light shone upon the world, and I headed straight back down! :D

Had enough spare funds to buy a new grade 4 striker and lucky star, got a couple of the golden snails to level em up a bit (one time I knocked a golden snail *into* the wall, so that was a bummer), but all in all a good bit of progress this morning.

Also, I definitely need to find the sniper rifle blueprints, where should I look? Thinking of taking my Lucky Star character out to explore and try to add it to my list of weapons.

Damn, I could have sworn that Masafumi Takada had his hand in the atmospheric parts of the soundtrack, but according to Wikipedia he wasn't involved at all.

MrDaravon

So I'm fucking up by having my Fighters on defense, I should just be sending them on Expeditions always pretty much? I need in on this golden beast stuff, so am I just looking for someone that's in Okusa right now and send people there? Where's the best place to send them if Okusa isn't up right now, or does it not even really matter.

I continue to be playing this game way too slowly and completely wrong lol

ironcreed

Banned
I got introduced to the mutiplayer before calling it a night last night, but did not try it out. I can send fighters from the freezer on expeditions?

Volcynika

I got introduced to the mutiplayer before calling it a night last night, but did not try it out. I can send fighters from the freezer on expeditions?

Yes, you get a list of random other players to send them after, and they will try to kill them and also bring back items from that area. You can send them away for a variable number of hours, but can force them to come back any time (you'll forfeit any items they got if you do that though).

ironcreed

Banned
Yes, you get a list of random other players to send them after, and they will try to kill them and also bring back items from that area. You can send them away for a variable number of hours, but can force them to come back any time (you'll forfeit any items they got if you do that though).

I see. Thanks for the tips.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm being very careful about managing my funds. I'm at 66 kill coins but 44.4k SPlithium. As long as I don't make any money today, I should be able to afford that last freezer upgrade without being raided. The way I understand it is that if you are less than 1k on either resource, you aren't a target for raids.

So I'm fucking up by having my Fighters on defense, I should just be sending them on Expeditions always pretty much? I need in on this golden beast stuff, so am I just looking for someone that's in Okusa right now and send people there? Where's the best place to send them if Okusa isn't up right now, or does it not even really matter.

I continue to be playing this game way too slowly and completely wrong lol

If Okusa isn't up I just send them to the highest floor I've reached. I've hit 29 so my folks bring back lizards and stuff. To be fair, the Okusa farming thing is relatively new, and I didn't know about the expeditions until the last cycle a few days ago

Defending really isn't worth it unless you want the trophy. I just spend everything I can before leaving or quitting.

Demoskinos

Oh god. I just finally ran into the Jackals. I...didn't get away. I was on my way back from a lvl 22 Gold Chest farm run when I heard it go off and then the one male jackal with the melee weapon appeared in front of me. I tried to shake him but I couldn't get to any exits and he just kept teleporting every way I tried to go to shake him.

Jesus christ that was terrifying. They sure do a great job of making the Jackals feel genuinely terrifying in a way nothing else in the game does.

Just spent the last hour or so raising the funds to revive my character 60k. Goddamn that's a lot of money!

Oh god. I just finally ran into the Jackals. I...didn't get away. I was on my way back from a lvl 22 Gold Chest farm run when I heard it go off and then the one male jackal with the melee weapon appeared in front of me. I tried to shake him but I couldn't get to any exits and he just kept teleporting every way I tried to go to shake him.

Jesus christ that was terrifying. They sure do a great job of making the Jackals feel genuinely terrifying in a way nothing else in the game does.

Just spent the last hour or so raising the funds to revive my character 60k. Goddamn that's a lot of money!

Yeah, once you get your first real encounter with them, exploring floors becomes a lot more stressful. Exploring the 20s and hitting a locked gate makes me panic because I know I have to backtrack through the level again and it's only a matter of time before that siren goes off.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I always carry Invis, Decoys, and now Stamina shrooms with me. All 3 have saved my ass a number of times (from Jackals and regular enemies).

Which reminds me - I am finally seeing how amazingly useful sleep, teargas, shock, and confusion shrooms are. Being ill-equipped for the 20's still, these have made most encounters a LOT less stressful.

Okay, I'm not crazy! They changed song 102 on the radio, the Her Name in Blood song, to Hideyuki Shin's "Prayer" (already on the radio as song 241).

I guess there was some licensing issues.

Demoskinos

Okay, I'm not crazy! They changed song 102 on the radio, the Her Name in Blood song, to Hideyuki Shin's "Prayer" (already on the radio as song 241).

I guess there was some licensing issues.

Aw. That was a favorite of mine. Oh well as long as they don't take out Erika Ito's song I'll still be okay.

cakely

Nevermind. I decided to brave it just to see how strong he was and he was actually not shit. I figured I was in for some 1 hit kill scenario, but I'm glad I was wrong. Good deal.

Yeah, many of those high-level haters can still be taken out with a sneaky suplex or just by getting really offensive.

Frimaire

Okay, so are Jackal yoyos just really easy to get now or something?
Now I've got 2, both from low level haters on the first floor.

So if I'm stuck loading between floors, I've basically lost that character right? That bug has been rolling around in the corner for about 5 minutes..this sucks. Was entering Okusa..

hbkdx12

Not really just stamina loss, but if whatever iron you're using is upgraded you'll run of steam before the durability gives out so you can still do some damage with it.

You can also perfect block with the Steam Guard skill which is neat because it has some range on it.

This hasn't been the case for me. My iron starts off with 280 steam and i'm half way through the durability before i even hit 200. It usually breaks somewhere with like 80 left

gnomed

Wonder why I get an eonline.com ad about ABC canceling Live with Kelly Ripa. Anywho, damn the storage requirements for kc and SPlithium. Was raiding and didn't realize my SPlithium was max 90,000. I needed 128,000 for my next freezer slot.

Are the Uncle Death box rewards the same for everyone or no?

I got a blueprint that ended up being for a Steel Axe and I'm pretty hyped. Haven't even seen that in the game yet, only the longsword (which I have yet to find a blueprint for)

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Do jackals only appear after you've killed every enemy in the level? I don't recall one ever spawning before I've cleared a level of screamers, haters, tubers, etc before.

Top Bottom