• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Demoskinos

Do jackals only appear after you've killed every enemy in the level? I don't recall one ever spawning before I've cleared a level of screamers, haters, tubers, etc before.

Its like the Ghost in Spelunky. The Jackals are the game's way of making you hurry the fuck up. If you take too long on a map you'll hear an alarm go off and then one of the jackals will appear with more appearing the longer you stay on the floor.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Its like the Ghost in Spelunky. The Jackals are the game's way of making you hurry the fuck up. If you take too long on a map you'll hear an alarm go off and then one of the jackals will appear with more appearing the longer you stay on the floor.

Yea I know that but is the trigger just time or is it first all enemies have to be dead and you must be wandering around for some time for them to appear

Yea I know that but is the trigger just time or is it first all enemies have to be dead and you must be wandering around for some time for them to appear

Doesn't matter if every enemy is dead or not. It's just time. I think there are some floors they don't show up on though. Has anyone had them show up on miniboss floors?

Baliis

Did they up the capture chance during raids or something? I just knocked out THREE defenders two raids in a row, usually I can raid for hours without one.

D i Z

So if I'm stuck loading between floors, I've basically lost that character right? That bug has been rolling around in the corner for about 5 minutes..this sucks. Was entering Okusa..

How did that work out for you? I get drops in my connection once in a while and If I just let it be I can usually recover without a loss.

Syysch

So if I'm stuck loading between floors, I've basically lost that character right? That bug has been rolling around in the corner for about 5 minutes..this sucks. Was entering Okusa..

I had it happen a bunch for a couple days when my isp was complete garbage, sometimes it'd take up to half an hour for the next floor to load and I'd have to dismiss a connection related error message every few mins, but it always managed to load when connection was re-established and nothing would be lost. You just have to keep waiting and trying and not quit the game.

KrebStar

Damn, I really overestimated the floor 40 boss. Went in there armed to the teeth with weapons, heals, and mushrooms. Didn't break a single weapon and only used a couple of items. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Now to start upgrading to take on the Jackals.

What weapons do you guys die to the most, trying to figure out what I should arm my folks with for expeditions/defending.

I feel like most weapons are easy enough to dodge as long as you don't get overwhelmed. I feel like the claws are pretty dangerous as far as melee weapons go, assault rifles are pretty rough too if they catch you off guard. What do you all end up getting hit by the most.

What weapons do you guys die to the most, trying to figure out what I should arm my folks with for expeditions/defending.

I feel like most weapons are easy enough to dodge as long as you don't get overwhelmed. I feel like the claws are pretty dangerous as far as melee weapons go, assault rifles are pretty rough too if they catch you off guard. What do you all end up getting hit by the most.

Cleaver saber is the most annoying weapon on ai because they can mix up the amount of lunges they do. The biggest thing is that it can waste your time, so another fighter has time to jump in. The most deadliest thing that won't happen in TDM is motor psycho rage art. I ran into that the other day because a hater built it up by killing screamers, I was rolling like my life depended on it and was lucky I had a lifeshroom.

Cleaver saber is the most annoying weapon on ai because they can mix up the amount of lunges they do. The biggest thing is that it can waste your time, so another fighter has time to jump in. The most deadliest thing that won't happen in TDM is motor psycho rage art. I ran into that the other day because a hater built it up by killing screamers, I was rolling like my life depended on it and was lucky I had a lifeshroom.

Damn, I wish all of the good stuff in the 20s didn't require MILK metal, I chose the motorcycle over the cleaver. Also, I was so hyped to find the boxing armor set, nope, more black metal required.

Damn, I wish all of the good stuff in the 20s didn't require MILK metal, I chose the motorcycle over the cleaver. Also, I was so hyped to find the boxing armor set, nope, more black metal required.

Motor psycho is good for advancing the towet imo because it's rage move is the crowd killer and knocks down anyone it doesn't kill while allowing you to move yourself somewhere safe. And it is only 1 bar too. There are some set pieces you will notice in 30+ that have multiple enemies come at you at once.

Good plan. Most of us probably already knew, but better to be safe than sorry.

Any tips for 30+? Good farm spots for rare mats, weapons to look out for, defenses to build up, etc?

I used the Pork Chopper + for the end game wise from 30+. Didn't even add a + to the weapon, just upgraded it once after getting the regular version. As for gear, you wanna focus on armor that gives you + to blunt Damage, Ammo damage and Poison damage as well. With a bit of Defense.

D i Z

oh man, the difference between striker and collector has become disturbing :(

That's something that I wanted to ask about. At tier 2, and especially at 3 I noticed that a couple of specific classes like shooter don't even hold up against others in their specific categories ( base stats). Am I missing something here? I haven't looked at the level growth side by side, but from inception, many of the specialty classes under perform. Anyone have some illumination on this one for the common knowledge bank?

Edit: I should add that I mean does anyone have info about the exponential growth in the specialization classes for att ratings hp gain etc

I feel like the classes are fine considering you have the proper gear. Shooters are always going to seem underpowered because it's hard to get guns on that same rank.

Demoskinos

Poked my head into floor 31. Oh god. That nearly went real bad. I AM NOT PREPARED IN THE SLIGHTEST. And any of the relevant gear I need to upgrade takes Milk Black metals...and those are so fucking rare to come by. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GodofWine

Doesn't matter if every enemy is dead or not. It's just time. I think there are some floors they don't show up on though. Has anyone had them show up on miniboss floors?

I am pretty sure it does. The devs have stated as much. But they also said their is a bug in the timer where if you kill all the enemies on one floor and move to a new one it may not reset the timer.

I leave a tuber alive all the time now.

heybrian

Neo Member
I don't feel like I'm getting the whole guard counter thing. Is it just press circle at the right time or do I need a weapon in my hands or what?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Poked my head into floor 31. Oh god. That nearly went real bad. I AM NOT PREPARED IN THE SLIGHTEST. And any of the relevant gear I need to upgrade takes Milk Black metals...and those are so fucking rare to come by. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are they not in the F22 treasure room? I'm going to start farming that now because I need to start upgrading my gear.

I also need Blue metal for some upgrades now, too. Where do you get those?

A tip fir those of you starting 30f and up. Pick up gear you find in storage. A lot of it is badly damaged but there is a mushroom called funshroom that looks like a 1-up from Mario that repairs your gear. When grilled and applying it to your newly salvaged gear, you have easy access to 1k damage weapons and armor. Sending expeditions to 30f+ will bring back funshrooms and guardshrooms too.

Demoskinos

Are they not in the F22 treasure room? I'm going to start farming that now because I need to start upgrading my gear.

They are in the 22 treasure room but literally since like 9am this morning I've been doing nothing but farming off and on throughout the day and I've gotten not a single one. Extremely RNG dependent.

Blue metal is 1-10
Green 11-20
Black 21-30
Red 31-40

At what point can you get higher than lvl 25? I have three fighters there now. I assume you have to beat a certain boss?

Also, I finally started to do a couple raids looking for fighters to capture but no one seems to even have fighters protecting their waiting rooms lol. Are the players in the "Rescue" tab guaranteed to have someone in their bathroom?

big_z

Lost my level 4 character when a life shroom failed and the tower shuffled the room she was on out of the selection. Then trying to earn the 100k needed to salvage i get headshot from a Jackel coming off the escalator wtf game?

I've tried like 10 times and haven't gotten any. It might just be luck.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
They are in the 22 treasure room but literally since like 9am this morning I've been doing nothing but farming off and on throughout the day and I've gotten not a single one. Extremely RNG dependent.

Blue metal is 1-10
Green 11-20
Black 21-30
Red 31-40

Bah. So the Machette upgrade needs black and blue metal which makes this extra annoying.

Two things I'd like to see in future updates: sort alphabetically in storage and somewhat easier/clearer rare metal info.

Baliis

Bah. So the Machette upgrade needs black and blue metal which makes this extra annoying.

Two things I'd like to see in future updates: sort alphabetically in storage and somewhat easier/clearer rare metal info.

I mean the metals are pretty straight forward. They drop from their appropriate boss or the gold chest in trap rooms, color based on what tier of floors you're on.

So that first real boss...

Incredulous_Buscimi.gif

I don't know what had weirded me out the most. The fact that I was playing this during an unusual time, that I was soon out of lives (i.e. stressed enough) or that this is supposed to be funny.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any chance to defeat the level 30 boss with a base cleaver saber or should I look into getting it upgraded/motorpsycho developed first?

GmK

Neo Member

Blue metal is 1-10
Green 11-20
Black 21-30
Red 31-40

Remember there are two always present treasure rooms on 28 (the two Hyakudu or such, both sound similar) that also give black metals. I usually run those two since I can get two chances per elevator run.

At what point can you get higher than lvl 25? I have three fighters there now. I assume you have to beat a certain boss?

Also, I finally started to do a couple raids looking for fighters to capture but no one seems to even have fighters protecting their waiting rooms lol. Are the players in the "Rescue" tab guaranteed to have someone in their bathroom?

Floor 10 boss.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any chance to defeat the level 30 boss with a base cleaver saber or should I look into getting it upgraded/motorpsycho developed first?

Answered my own question. 2 Stingshroom and 2 slowmungus and he was toast.

Edit: Geez, the person talking about floor 31 difficulty earlier wasnt joking.

How did that work out for you? I get drops in my connection once in a while and If I just let it be I can usually recover without a loss.

I had it happen a bunch for a couple days when my isp was complete garbage, sometimes it'd take up to half an hour for the next floor to load and I'd have to dismiss a connection related error message every few mins, but it always managed to load when connection was re-established and nothing would be lost. You just have to keep waiting and trying and not quit the game.

So I walked away for over an hour and finally just gave up. I pulled the plug on my router and it immediately give a connection error. I let all the lights come back on, then hit X or whatever. Escalator scene loaded automatically 😁.

There was a strange glitch where my bag wasn't showing up when I picked up the golden snails and would show them stuck in my hands, but when I left it still counted as if I gathered them..which was a damn relief after all that lol.

when you die, you pay a lot of money to get everything or leave it and kill with other character to retrieve fighter loosing every gear etc?

Top Bottom