• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
For some reason I cannot open the patch notes -- any notable changes?

Incredibly obtuse and you need to go on the internet to learn about it?

Cause that's how I feel :)

Combat is a little frustrating and lock on is just... challenging, but I'm still impressed for what's obsentsinly a free to play game with only currency as micro transactions.

Suda is still a mad genius with an underfunded team haha

You really don't need to lock on. The game has a pretty good soft lock system that auto targets the closest thing as long as you are pushing the analog stick roughly in the same
direction as the enemy.

In fact, if I'm dealing with more than one enemy at a time, I don't even bother using lock-on. Which is quite the opposite to games like Bloodborne and Nioh, in which lock on is borderline crucial.

Hung_real

Bloodborne, Let it die and Nioh soon. Man my PS4 is happy with all this Souls love.

Now if only we get that Demons souls remastered next year

D i Z

Yeah, but at most the requirement should be double the space, not 4x. Unless different regions got different patches.

Yeah, I don't know what that's all about. I had over 40gigs open before this very dl, and it wouldn't go. Had a system update queued as well, but that was not even big enough to be a factor.

Bloodborne, Let it die and Nioh soon. Man my PS4 is happy with all this Souls love.

Now if only we get that Demons souls remastered next year

What I would give for this to happen.

There's got to be more in this patch that just load time work and the elevator fix. I'd love it if they slipped in the radio stations playing around the rest of the tower. Not happening, but it would be a treat.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
There seems to be a disconnect between the patch notes they released (which say they're for version 1.1.0.0) and the latest patch (which says it's version 1.01). I refuse to believe that the three small bug fixes/additions they mention in those patch notes equate to a 6GB patch, so what the heck is in here?

Not sure. On twitter they said that there will be details coming soon and that future patches should be a lot smaller.

6 gigs for that? Seems ridiculous.
The number of fixes doesn't necessarily correlate to file size. Seem to recall the Unreal engine also historically having files packaged together in a way that required replacing the whole thing, even if you only needed to replace or patch a couple smaller files.

Persona7

Banned
Why is it downloading 25GB??? It would be fine if PSN wasn't a slow awful piece of shit network. My issues with download speeds have stretched back to the PS3 days. It says that it will take three hours to download 25GB on my 300mbps connection.

Actually, the past thirty minutes have been "preparing to download". I hate this fucking system. 99+ hours left to download now after rebooting everything.

Persona7

Banned
At this download rate I will be able to download Lost Odyssey on my 360 and get through the intro before this PSN download is done.

Zee-Row

Banned
So I captured a soldier and someone invaded my waiting room and took my captured soldier. How do you retaliate? I know who invaded but they don't give me the option.

AESplusF

So I captured a soldier and someone invaded my waiting room and took my captured soldier. How do you retaliate? I know who invaded but they don't give me the option.

you'll have to wait for them to leave the waiting room at which point they'll appear in you revenge tab in raid

AESplusF

Ah I see , also a weird sequence happened when I was going down the elevator and I was meditating and then fighting a guy in slow motion.

that happens when you attempt to return to the waiting room while someone is raiding your base, it gives you a chance to earn some splithium

Persona7

Banned
What the fuck is going on

24GB patch

6GB patch

4GB patch

now 2GB patch

cfmazi2.png

I've successfully defended against over 200 raids from the U.K as I had two captives over the last two days lol. They both fully reset. Total rewards are like 15k splith. That's just utterly stupid considering from the handful of successful raids I lost far more.

My secret is the cleaver saber

They said that they fixed an exploit that was giving players an unfair advantage

Hopefully it's the drop in for units in the raid. They have about a two second period where they don't move then another second where you can hit them before they move. So people can literally kill your guys before the defenders have a chance to do anything if they anticipate the order.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The patch made my guns invisible.

Same for enemies, can't see what they're holding. Nice.

I've successfully defended against over 200 raids from the U.K as I had two captives over the last two days lol. They both fully reset. Total rewards are like 15k splith. That's just utterly stupid considering from the handful of successful raids I lost far more.

My secret is the cleaver saber

Yeah, I'm just going to start sending my folks on expeditions instead of defense. I don't care about folks in the bathroom at all

Phil Fish

Banned
Man, I told myself I would get home from work and sleep after playing for 2 hours (from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM), but I ended up playing from 8 AM to 6:00 PM. Fell asleep and woke up an hour late for my shift. This game is seriously a drug.

You have to go back to the waiting room to respawn bosses.

I see. Great! I love that I can take an elevator that goes right to GOTO just about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
FYI beating Coen with a naked Level 1 character gets them directly to level 9.

I mean I guess they don't have to be naked but :D

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Got the game today and played for hours. It's interesting for sure. The Souls comparisons are really reaching though.

Don't get me started! Unfortunately it seems that if a 3rd person action RPG has multiple mix 'n' match equipment slots, and requires a certain level of committment to inputs/attack animations, it's gonna get the "Soulsborne-esque" label.

I get that people say "Souls" because that's one of the most recent/popular series that uses a few similar systems, but really it's doing a disservice to everyone concerned. Let It Die isn't Souls. Nioh isn't Souls. The Surge isn't Souls. And Souls doesn't/can't do a lot of really cool things that these games achieve.

As passionate gamers, we need to try and find fresh vernacular, rather than always comparing and relating to something that has come before. Otherwise, we paint an impression or an expectation of something to others before it's even out the gate, and that can have negative effects on how something is received. What's worse is, these habits tend to spread to the media, who feel they need to be easily understood and regurgitate what people want to hear rather than give actual holistic insight into something new.

... I realise I got myself started there. Sorry ^^;
Rant over. For the record, I'm really enjoying Let It Die. But in its OWN way and on its OWN terms, not because it's "kind of like another game I enjoy in some ways".

Demoskinos

I beat the mid boss on floor 14 or whatever it was? ugh, real pain in the ass mostly due to the layout of the arena. Positive news is I finished up the night getting to floor 19 and scoring the sweet sweet blueprint for the Iron Claws.

I cannot wait to rip into people both figuratively and literally tomorrow with these babys.

Floor 20 boss here i come.

put em in your stash, then you use them to buy things from her.

duplicating them

Huh, glad they got it fixed. These patches are incredibly slow and large though. Really necessary for this

867d24cdad.png

Seems excessive. My download speed is 175 Mbps or something. Yet the patch says it's going to take 6 hours to download and is crawling. Just going to try and reinstall the game instead.

Menome

I popped my PS4 into Rest Mode and it was finished in about ten minutes. Might be worth a try for those of you stuck with a slow download.

Top Bottom