• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII |OT| Toriyama's Bizarre Adventure

Fehyd

Banned
I didn't mind the timed doors so much as the fact that it stacked on top of a completely obtuse and unnecessary multilayered layout that's a mess just for the sake of being a mess. :( Only area of the game I had a major gameplay beef with, really.

I had almost perpetual EP in that area, so chronostasis was on all the time. Meant I could take my time in the dungeon.

Nohar

Done. Quite an interesting experience. I'm kinda satisfied, though the game has a vicious difficulty spike towards the end. You better be prepared for some very tough battles.

Also: THAT was an awesome final boss battle. Way more satisfying that FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

Falk

that puzzling face
I had almost perpetual EP in that area, so chronostasis was on all the time. Meant I could take my time in the dungeon.

It's not so much the time limit being a problem for me as it was the only part of the game that I felt overstayed its welcome, and by a long margin.

(No, I didn't mind the sidequests overall. Am I terminal, GAF?)

I didn't unlock the 14th day. :( I've done 41 side quests and 20 Prayers. And had over 1.0 if you did that .02, .04, and .08 for the star ranking. GameFAQs lied to me.

Zafir

Hah, finished all of the main quests, plus 2/3 of the side quests/canvas quests and I'm only half way through day 6...
I didn't unlock the 14th day. :( I've done 41 side quests and 20 Prayers. And had over 1.0 if you did that .02, .04, and .08 for the star ranking. GameFAQs lied to me.
That formula is from the official guide book, so they've apparently got it wrong as well.

Are there any enemies that never go extinct? Like, I plan on fighting almost every enemy I come across while playing, and I'm afraid that this will lead me to making everything go extinct way too early in my playthrough. D:

Balphon

Are there any enemies that never go extinct? Like, I plan on fighting almost every enemy I come across while playing, and I'm afraid that this will lead me to making everything go extinct way too early in my playthrough. D:

There are a couple (Anubys and Flanitor come to mind), but not many. And there's Meonekton, which can go extinct but has a ridiculously high population count that you'll never reach.

neoism

I consider XIII-2 to have the best OST of last gen... and XIII was fantastic as well. But LR is a mess, with re-used music and TOO cluttery. Like, depending on the time and what zone in that particular map you're in, you'll be hearing different variations of battle music. It's fucking crazy, they needed to chill out for abit and focus more on streamlining the music - making it more memorable (like in previous FF-games).

The God tier of
The Gapra Whitewood - Final Fantasy XIII OST
Dust to Dust- Final Fantasy XIII OST
Fang's Theme - Final Fantasy XIII OST
especially the first song lol listened to it over 5000 times
has yet to be beat... FF13 is still the best in the series.... <3 I just seen the ending to this game glad I did don't think I wanted it anyway... FF 13-2 OST was to worst it seems LR is good been listening all day.. but the god tier of FF13's ost is unmatched

There are a couple (Anubys and Flanitor come to mind), but not many. And there's Meonekton, which can go extinct but has a ridiculously high population count that you'll never reach.

Ah gotcha. Mainly just wanting to know if there will be ways to get some EP if I make too many monsters go extinct, lol. Question about that whole process actually. Do monsters go extinct based on area or monster type? Or are there only certain monsters in certain areas? Like for example, are Behemoths only in one area/zone? If they aren't, if I make them go extinct in one area, does it make the rest of them go extinct, too?

Balphon

Ah gotcha. Mainly just wanting to know if there will be ways to get some EP if I make too many monsters go extinct, lol. Question about that whole process actually. Do monsters go extinct based on area or monster type? Or are there only certain monsters in certain areas? Like for example, are Behemoths only in one area/zone? If they aren't, if I make them go extinct in one area, does it make the rest of them go extinct, too?

A lot of monsters spawn in multiple areas and once they're gone, they're gone everywhere. However, if your overriding concern is having enough EP to take the time pressure off, you should be fine so long as you don't spend a ton of time sitting around killing things while not simultaneously doing quests and such.

A lot of monsters spawn in multiple areas and once they're gone, they're gone everywhere. However, if your overriding concern is having enough EP to take the time pressure off, you should be fine so long as you don't spend a ton of time sitting around killing things while not simultaneously doing quests and such.

Ah okay, that eases my mind a bit. I wasn't going to just sit in one place grinding so much as while I'm out and about exploring/doing quests, fight everything I come across.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ah okay, that eases my mind a bit. I wasn't going to just sit in one place grinding so much as while I'm out and about exploring/doing quests, fight everything I come across.
Yeah, after I extincted some monster, I should have regulated myself to conserving enemies strictly for EP. Scouring things to heal the bird in the wildlands can be daunting when you want to do it in one day.

Balphon

Yeah, after I extincted some monster, I should have regulated myself to conserving enemies strictly for EP. Scouring things to heal the bird in the wildlands can be daunting when you want to do it in one day.

Yeah, but that central area of the Wildlands is probably the easiest area in the game to unintentionally depopulate.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, but that central area of the Wildlands is probably the easiest area in the game to unintentionally depopulate.
Oh, I destroyed two species in the forest before finishing both main quests because I was hunting for mushrooms and stuff. There was a time when I actually had no EP to Chrono; it was a sad time.

MilkBeard

He is very hard. I never managed to stagger him (I'm sure there's a way, but my -ga spells weren't enough, even though they're rated A for stagger capability), but I finally defeated him after using the setup at the link below (you basically need a schema and accessory that makes you almost, if not entirely immune, to physical damage - you don't even need to dodge once you switch to that gear).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/68569270

Thanks for the help, I'm gonna try some of those tactics. I've heard people talk about Artemis' Arrow but I didn't know how to get it. I already have a heavy attack/heavy guard setup for one outfit so I think that will work nicely. And I'll go crazy with physical immunity.

It's really his stupid attacks that 'eat' you, which he will sometimes spam several times in a row and they almost are one hit KO attacks. I was seriously like...wtf? I just spanked Caius into the next dimension and this monster is kicking my ass...ha ha.

MilkBeard

I think I am done with this game...not even coming close to beating the Yusnaan Boss,with full health,full recovery items and 6 EP and I am sure as hell not starting over on easy...

I would recommend learning the attack patterns of the boss, kind of like if you were playing a hard boss in Dark Souls or Demon's Souls. During that particular boss, it clicked with me. The game wants to limit your leveling abilities so that you will learn to have quick instincts with proper blocking and attacking techniques. Once I memorized his exact patterns and I knew what to do when, it became quite a bit easier. Took me a couple of tries.

Gaz_RB

Just beat the game at 45 hours. Ended up with like 4 extra days left playing on normal.

Loved it, flaws and all... I thought the ending was beautiful, and it really made me love the characters even more. Last boss was pretty cool, amazing music as usual. Combat system and customization was a blast. My only issue with the game were some of the more tedious sidequests, but you don't even have to do them all like I thought you did in order to unlock the 14th day, and most of them weren't bad at all. Some were even great. Story was fairly straightforward if you pay attention.

Fuck it, I love the 13 series. Maybe it helped that I played all 3 back to back within about a month, but I really connected with the story and the characters. Felt like true Final Fantasy games to me.

Oh, and Blinded by Light is the best FF combat theme.

On the 13th day.

Its strangely emotional or perhaps its just for the few of us who loved this series.

Definitely was for me at least.

Xevren

Got my platinum for this tonight, definitely liked it the last of the 3 for the XIII series. Didn't hate it, but didn't like it a great deal either. Gave me something to do at least.

Got my platinum for this tonight, definitely liked it the last of the 3 for the XIII series. Didn't hate it, but didn't like it a great deal either. Gave me something to do at least.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII |OT| Gave me something to do at least.

On tonight's episode of LR: Toriyama's Bizarre Adventure

Light arrives at the Wildlands...at night

Bgzi84vCAAI7Qya.jpg

BgzjWdeCEAANS3W.jpg

BgzmxPOCYAEwvyf.jpg

Beat the
Chocobo Eater
. Why was it's starting HP low?
BgztpBtCMAIXImV.jpg

BgzvzG6CIAALReb.jpg

Bgz9LWBCQAAg6Bk.jpg

nurse Light to the rescue
Bgz-eMbCUAARgpP.jpg

Bgz_X2NCcAAqXmy.jpg

Bg0AjoSCQAAXmnI.jpg

Bg0FxNjCEAAhljN.jpg

Where's Vanille when you need her?
Bg0HfO4CIAAjbay.jpg

Bg0LMU_CIAArV46.jpg

HAIDO HATO

Neo Member
Got the game today. I might be a bit picky because it's my first run through, but I seem to be a bit annoyed by how fast I'm being forced to play. It's unsettling.

The '13 days before the world ends' feels very restricting and confusing. I want to free roam and find things at my own pace, not to start worrying about finishing the game faster than I should.

I'm already at Day 2 because I think I messed around a bit too much.I did the first mainquest and the side quest in Luxerion. Started the quest where you have to find numbers and I roamed around there before hitting the light rail. Hope suggested it earlier, but I was just running around fighting monsters before I decided to go there.

Either I messed up or things are just moving a tad faster for me than I want it to be, so now I'm considering a restart.

genbatzu

Got the game today. I might be a bit picky because it's my first run through, but I seem to be a bit annoyed by how fast I'm being forced to play. It's unsettling.

The '13 days before the world ends' feels very restricting and confusing. I want to free roam and find things at my own pace, not to start worrying about finishing the game faster than I should.

I'm already at Day 2 because I think I messed around a bit too much.I did the first mainquest and the side quest in Luxerion. Started the quest where you have to find numbers and I roamed around there before hitting the light rail. Hope suggested it earlier, but I was just running around fighting monsters before I decided to go there.

Either I messed up or things are just moving a tad faster for me than I want it to be, so now I'm considering a restart.

I know that feel ... made allready 5 different savegames and loaded several of them 3-6 times... I'm still on Day1 q_q

I couldn't enjoy Atelier Totori because of the time restraint, I hope I can enjoy LR:FFXIII

btw: I bought the CE Piggiback Guide and got a code for zantenzuken stuff (cloth, weapon, shield).
Since I got both, a code for PS3 and Xbox 360 I only used the PS3 Code. So for those few People playing it on Xbox 360, here is a code for you:
secretly hidden in an email tag

it's german/austria, and since I redeemed the PS3 code, I dunno if it works somewhere else. But if it works, tell me (;

Carbonox

The worst side quests in this game are the ones where you have to return on multiple days. Pain in the arse to remember to do this.

Day 9 - Pretty much finished the Yusnaan and Luxerion side quests and canvas quests so off to finish up the ones in the Wildlands and Dead Dunes to have them all complete.

Then...uh.....I guess I farm shit? :lol

Just finished Day 5. I've been abusing the ever-loving fuck out of chronostasis, so I have all the main quests done except the
Caius battle
and I've got about 32 sidequests and a ton of Canvas quests done, too. Yggdrasil is lookin' mighty fine. XD

I also hunted four or five monster types to extinction. Mostly ones that were just annoying. But a couple were quest-related.

zeopower6

Almost done. Just about every side quest done and all the main ones accounted for.

I think I'm finishing it tonight. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zafir

I know that feel ... made allready 5 different savegames and loaded several of them 3-6 times... I'm still on Day1 q_q

I couldn't enjoy Atelier Totori because of the time restraint, I hope I can enjoy LR:FFXIII

btw: I bought the CE Piggiback Guide and got a code for zantenzuken stuff (cloth, weapon, shield).
Since I got both, a code for PS3 and Xbox 360 I only used the PS3 Code. So for those few People playing it on Xbox 360, here is a code for you:
secretly hidden in an email tag

it's german/austria, and since I redeemed the PS3 code, I dunno if it works somewhere else. But if it works, tell me (;
Once you get onto day 2 it gets better, as you can find mobs to get EP for chronostasis far easier. At least that's what I found.

HeelPower

seriously the final boss is just WHAT THE FUCK.

I can't beat him at all and I amnot gonna repeat the game.

I hate the guard mechanism in the game.Its either you do a fucking just frame or take massive damage.

One thing that doesn't work with the game is the fucking stun lock.Seriously one random move can kill you and I hate this.

That's not how its done and staggering the final seems fucking pointless he attacks NON-STOP.

I am so pissed right now and I just want to be done with damn boss.

Shit is it my fault for starting the game on Normal ? WTF YUJI ABEEEE

EDIT : Please someone help I have been trying for over an hour.

When I got to the fourth form it was JUST WTF..please tell me its just four.

Almost to the end of day 11, completed the last of the story quests I had left on day 10. I assume now I'm supposed to go to the
cathedral at night to confront Vanille and stop her completing the ritual.
I spent most of the day running all over the wildlands using chronostais and harvesting behemoths to keep my EP up. I finally wrapped up every sidequest I could find and was about to head back to Luxurion when I found
the chaos chocobo eater quest at the farm. I got it down to about 125k health after a loooong battle but ran out of recovery items and EP. Gonna adjust my gear and try again tomorrow. I fucking hate chaos enemy health regen. :mad:

KeRaSh

Can someone give me a few pointers about staggering enemies? I usually just spam spells of their elemental weakness but that usually doesn't work or take really long.
Therefore some of the regular fights can take minutes. That can't be right... right?

Shinta

Banned
Can someone give me a few pointers about staggering enemies? I usually just spam spells of their elemental weakness but that usually doesn't work or take really long.
Therefore some of the regular fights can take minutes. That can't be right... right?

Some basic stagger info I was reading through just now, I thought it might be interesting to everyone. You probably figured out most of it, but I like to hear the official line.

Stagger Counter

"As you build stagger power, the wave will be blue. Once you have reached 70% of the stagger point, the wave will turn red."

Stagger Counter vs. Stagger Preservation

"The speed of the stagger wave gives you information on the maintenance of stagger power.
* when the wave pulses rapidly, Stagger Decay is in effect: the stagger Power that you built up is gradually being reduced with every second that passes.
* If you add Stagger Preservation to prevent it (for example with the Blitz ability), the wave will slow down visibly. As soon as Stagger Preservation runs out, the wave will speed up again as Stagger Decay reactivates."

Enemies have a hidden Stagger Decay stat the determines how fast the stagger meter drops. If Blitz has stagger preservation 300 and you attack twice, you get a preservation rating of 600. If the monster has a decay rating of 150, that means you get 4 seconds before stagger preservation wears off and begins decaying again.

Stagger Efficiency

The amplitude of the briefly superimposed yellow waves tell you how effectively each attack contributes to the main wave (blue or red).
* This depends on the ability's innate Stagger Power which is ranked on each attack ability. For example, "Attack" has low stagger power while Beat Down has high. These are rated with letters A-E for rank.
* The amplitude of the yellow wave also adjusts for enemy weaknesses. For example, thunder has a low stagger power. But against flans it generates a high amplitude wave because thunder enjoys a stagger power modifier of x10 against flans.

Finales

The final attack in a combo sequence is called a finale. While the added delay in attack animation and attack recovery might initially seem unattractive, finales enjoy "a substantial boost to Power or Preservation or both, so the benefits usually outweigh the disadvantage of delayed attack speed."

Stagger Grade Values

Power
A 50+
B 21-49
C 15-20
D 4-14
E 1-3

Preservation
A 300+
B 200-299
C 100-199
D 41-99
E 1-40
Hope that helps. Check Libra when you fight enemies, and buy the monster notes, and look at how the stagger bar reacts. Check the letter rankings of the various moves you equip to see if they have strong stats for stagger power or stagger conversation.

KeRaSh

Hope that helps. Check Libra when you fight enemies, and buy the monster notes, and look at how the stagger bar reacts. Check the letter rankings of the various moves you equip to see if they have strong stats for stagger power or stagger conversation.

Thanks for that. Most of it was clear to me but "Blitz" having a stagger maintenance effect is new. Might have to play around with that a little.

MilkBeard

Wow. Finally finished that Chaos Chocobo Eater quest. That was...the hardest fight so far in the game. I fought it like 5 or 6 times in a row until I memorized the patterns completely...phew. Now I'm at 40 side quests, maybe the final day will open up now.

Shinta

Banned
Thanks for that. Most of it was clear to me but "Blitz" having a stagger maintenance effect is new. Might have to play around with that a little.

Another tip, having beat down equipped with a certain weapon, the
shadow hunter,
transforms the finale hit to the Jump command. It does massive stagger damage. I've been using that lately.

Also remember that enemies will also have unique stagger opportunities sometimes off perfect block, or hitting at a specific time. It'll be listed under libra once you do it once or get the monster notes.

KeRaSh

Another tip, having beat down equipped with a certain weapon, the
shadow hunter,
transforms the finale hit to the Jump command. It does massive stagger damage. I've been using that lately.

Also remember that enemies will also have unique stagger opportunities sometimes off perfect block, or hitting at a specific time. It'll be listed under libra once you do it once or get the monster notes.

Thanks! I don't have beat down yet (just finished the main story in the first city, haven't visited other areas, yet) but I will keep that in mind.
I didn't see the stagger info. I always just glanced at the elemental weaknesses.

MilkBeard

oh shit, just happened to stumble upon Aeronite in Dead Dunes. yeah, this isn't working out, ha ha. The thing has 11 million HP.

EDIT: Oh, wow...he just left the battle. This is kind of like an Ultima Weapon kind of enemy. Sweet. I'll come back some other time, maybe in NG +.

Shinta

Banned
seriously the final boss is just WHAT THE FUCK.

Overview:

The final battle against Bhunivelze consists of four distinct phases. There is no break between any of them, so your Schemata setup must e well equipped to handle each one. As usual, our specific recommendations focus heavily on offense, and while it may take one or two attempts to become familiar with the enemy's abilities and patterns, you will ultimately be better off mastering the strategic principles behind staggering and dealing damage quickly to avoid the more severe attacks in Bhunivelze's arsenal. This is especially true if you wish to acquire the unique Double Deity weapon which has a low drop rate. If you are in pursuit of this item, replace the Dawn Gauntlets listed in our suggested Schemata setup with the Beggar's Beads, as there is no gil reward anyway.

If you do not have or cannot afford two Demon Claw weapons and Nobleese Veronique shields, use lower-grade versions of these pieces of equipment. Bring along healing (and possibly revival) items to cover your bases, especially if you do not have an Ether. You should fill your EP to maximum by fighting Set enemies in the previous area prior to opening the final door.

1st Form:

Bhunivelze will open with Doom, imposing a time limit for the first phase of battle. He uses basic non-elemental attacks in addition to ailment spells. Though many of his abilities are disruptive, they are not especially dangerous. Use DeProtect and Imperil and exploit the induced elemental weakness with physical attacks. Trigger Transform Bravery to power up your attacks even further. Use your dual Jump setups to stagger. This causes Unprotected, which should enable you to finish the phase off quickly.

2nd Form:

After creating a set of roaming mines with Monad Beget, Bhunivelze will focus on using elemental spells, which can be powered up further after using a corresponding Spirit ability that alters his elemental resistance. Refresh DeProtect and Imperil constantly and follow the same strategy until you stagger this form. This produces an Unshelled effect, enabling you to deal more damage with your equipped elemental spells. Alternatively trigger Transform Bravery if possible continue to hack away with your physical attacks. Be sure to guard against Wings of Destruction after adding Stagger Preservation with Attack or Light Slash.

2nd Form (Genethliac Hymn):

When Bhunivelze begins to charge this attack, shift all your efforts to staggering. At this point, Lightning will have to leap into the air to use physical attacks, so Jump is no longer available and Beat Down becomes less efficient, though still useful. Consider opening with Light Slash and casting spells repeatedly, switching between your Schemata to remain airborne. Staggering results in Falling Star, a strong magic attack, but nevertheless preferable to the non-staggered result, Dancing Mad, which is twice as powerful. If you are sufficiently strong, you can clear the second form without having to deal with Genethliac Hymn, you may consider Overclocking to ensure this.

3rd Form:

Bhunivelze's physical-based offense will pose a much greater threat if you do not guard against his weapon attacks, which can launch you into a long combo and disrupt your staggering. As a rule, be patient and guard consistently during your opponent's long strings of attacks, then go all out on the offensive between those phases. Holy Blade bestows Vigilance, Faith, and Bravery over multiple instances. Eventually, Bhunivelze will use his ultimate attack, Hypernova, which locks out your menu. The window to react before its execution is very small, so keep your health up when you anticipate its arrival. As with the previous form, it is possible to prevent Hypernova from becoming a factor by pressing for a quick victory. This is where Heavy Slash comes into play; you can take advantage of the dazed effect induced upon staggering this form to deal massive damage with a single blow.

4th Form:

This final phase is designed purely to test your staggering skills. Bhunivelze takes very little damage, is immune to ailments if not staggered and attacks regularly. Furthermore, he comes an aerial target, making Jump non-applicable. Use Light Slash to leap into the air and alternate between your Schemata to cast spells or use Beat Down. Be sure to guard all of its attacks to prevent interruptions and mix in an occasional Light Slash or Attack for Stagger Preservation. Your greatest opportunity to expedite stagger is during Heartless Angel, which takes a long time to execute and renders Bhunivelze idle until its conclusion. As soon as you see the notification, Overclock and pile on as many hits toward stagger as you can. After Overclock ends, you can repeat the process or continue to cast spells on the ground until the camera zooms in on Lightning, at which point you need to guard to prevent Heartless Angel from reducing your HP to 1. Once you have successfully staggered, the battle is effectively over. Bhunivelze's susceptibility to damage and ailments increases dramatically and you'll have plenty of time to deplete his health after weakening him with all available status effects.

Suggested Schemata:

Splendid Admiral:
- Demon Claw
- Ultima Shield
- Silk Scarf or Falcon Charm
- Dawn Gauntlets
- Fira, Blizzara, Thundara or Aeorora
- Guard
- Beat Down
- Deprotect

Dragoon
- Demon Claw
- Noblesse Veronique
- Locket Pendant
- Enlister's Gloves
- Lancet
- Fira, Blizzara, Thundara or Aerora
- Beat Down
- Imperil

Equilibrium+
- Ultima Weapon
- Noblesse Veronique
- Fighter's Emblem, Wolf's Emblem, or Warrior Hunter's Emblem
- Firewyrm, Watergod, Thunderbird, or Windwalker Bracelet
- Light Slash
- Fire, Blizzard, Lightning or Aero corresponding to accessory
- Attack
- Heavy Slash

Hope that helps :/ that's all I'm typing on it.

Adaren

Spent a ton of hours today just exploring the Wildlands. I haven't even made that much progress on the main quests there because there are so many side quests!

Frame rate is definitely worse in this zone, so I can see where people are coming from with that. I wish the zone didn't have so much grass...that's clearly what's causing the lag, and it would probably look better with something like small flowerbeds anyway. The rocky canyon area is gorgeous, but the rest of the zone isn't anything special visually (especially when compared to the Dead Dunes, which not only looked fantastic but also had a much better frame rate when there weren't lagfish on screen).

It's still only 7 PM for me on Day 5, and I realize I could be easily be done with all the main quests before Day 6 if I focused on them instead of spending my time wandering around. This game really does give you plenty of time to do everything as long as you use Chronostasis.

Beat the
Chocobo Eater
. Why was it's starting HP low?

Angel of Valhalla was fighting it before you got there, presumably. Also, if he was full health, the fight would be ridiculously difficult for its position in the zone.

I also finally caught up with
Vanille
yesterday. I thought h
er
story was quite sad, actually...eager to see how it ends.

EDIT: And one last thing: I'm still loving the game! Some of the side quest character voice acting has been a little shoddy as of late, but the main characters continue to be very well voiced imo. While I've found a combat style that works for me, the system remains fun and rewarding. I've resolved to change all of my Schemata with each visit to the Ark in order to experiment with new playstyles (also because fashionista Lightning would never wear the same thing two days in a row).

I remember hearing people say that on Day 7
all of the enemies get harder
. Is this true? The game has gotten a little easy as of late, probably mainly because of my frequent use of Chronostasis.

Robin64

You really don't need to worry too much. Abuse Chronostasis when you can and you'll be fine. But even if you do fail to save the world and get a game over, it wasn't a waste. All your stat increases will carry over into a new playthrough. And I think items do too? Not sure on that one after a Game Over.

Carbonox

dat army of one special attack btw

Obviously it's Lightning's attack from the opening cinematic but daaaaamn if it doesn't remind me of Cloud's Omnislash in Advent Children (just without the multiple swords). Love flashy shit like this.

RpgN

You mean the framerate in EVERYWHERE. Seriously the drops in this are constant.

The framerate might not be all that good, but so far I only noticed a huge drop in the wild lands. After playing New Little King's Story and Modnation Racers Road Trip on the vita, Lightning Returns feels amazing in comparison :/ Especially Modnation Racers was unbearable. How games can be released in that state is beyond me.

Update time, I've done what feels like some good progress. I'm still on the fourth day but all 4 areas have been visited and the main quests started (The Luxerion one is fully complete).

I don't know if it was a good or bad idea to start with Luxerion, it gives a bad impression of the game graphically. The other areas look much better in comparison, especially the wild lands. Luxerion is huge though and it feels very lively and well designed from that perspective. I love that there are many shops including ones of the same kind.

My impression so far? Very positive. I'm having tons of fun on the game. I'm still a bit iffy about time management, but it's easier to deal with in areas with many enemies. I also have this official guide to use when side quests take too long and as a check list to see how many are left (without reading details). Very handy to have.

Ezi0

dat army of one special attack btw

Obviously it's Lightning's attack from the opening cinematic but daaaaamn if it doesn't remind me of Cloud's Omnislash in Advent Children (just without the multiple swords). Love flashy shit like this.

Aye. It looks so cool.

I'll be starting Day 10 later. I've done all the main quests and 99% of the side quests so I'll just finish up the Canvas of Prayers activities whilst waiting for the final day.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Framerate in the Dead Dunes is really good. Haven't gone to Wild Lands yet. I'm in the labyrinth dungeon below the sands, beautiful stuff. There's so much gameplay everywhere in this game that is just crazy &#8211; a decade worth waiting for T.T

Top Bottom