• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

hbkdx12

Question about Uncle Lou mission, cause I'm stuck:

I'm at the ship, just killed everyone in the opera room and I'm standing before a steel door on the balcony which doesn't seem to open and objective marker is on it. What should I do now? Is it bugged?

You should be able to press square to open it. If not then it might be bugged.

Mik2121

There's a difference between an ugly game and a technical shitstorm that needs fixing immediately

Yup, for how much I actually like this game, the bugs really can take you out of the atmosphere sometimes. I have noticed most bugs are related to lighting in one way or another, like things blowing up, reflection captures probably not working properly (ie, cars' back bumpers not showing any reflection, or the whole scene having a white fresnel around it like one of the screenshots above, etc..).

I hope they fix some of this stuff soon, as otherwise the game is pretty solid.

Nyx

So I interrogated the two luietenants in Barclay Hills but I still need to do 3k dollars in damage before the district boss is unlocked.

In a previous area I noticed marked trucks driving around which I could destroy, but in this area I don't see anything like that.

Where/how can I do that last bit of damage now?

Rellik

So I interrogated the two luietenants in Barclay Hills but I still need to do 3k dollars in damage before the district boss is unlocked.

In a previous area I noticed marked trucks driving around which I could destroy, but in this area I don't see anything like that.

Where/how can I do that last bit of damage now?

You don't have any objectives left in the menu? Go to the map and press X/Square. If you've done them all then you've missed things to damage because you should comfortably reach the target damage with objectives left over.

Matush

I mean is there any point of collecting all fuses? I have around 8 junction boxes left and there are over 150 or more still on the map.

Nyx

You don't have any objectives left in the menu? Go to the map and press X/Square. If you've done them all then you've missed things to damage because you should comfortably reach the target damage with objectives left over.

Ha I never saw that square menu in the map before!

Turns out I still need to 'find and destroy garbage barges'. Thanks!

hbkdx12

I mean is there any point of collecting all fuses? I have around 8 junction boxes left and there are over 150 or more still on the map.

Nope. They're just there to facilitate making the wiretaps. Once all the boxes have been tapped, the fuses become useless

HiiiLife

So what can I expect in terms of negative repercussions of assigning all districts to one underboss?

Curious about this aswell. I'm giving three to each of them but Vito and Burke are still busting my balls at every sitdown.

You're gonna end up having to kill the underbosses that feel they're getting fucked over. Also you'll lose their services. So say bye to the arsenal if you kill Cassandra.

Oynox

Just returned mine to Amazon so I'll pick it up again after it's on sale with a few patches on PS4.
Console gaming is really starting to push my patience as I'm getting extremely annoyed with games releasing needing updates and full of glitches. I realise they're more complex nowadays but I think I'll pick games up when they're either a few months old and hopefully fixed or when game of the year/ complete editions are released.
How is that possible after you opened the game?

holygeesus

Banned
How would Lincoln get that
scar on his head anyway? It starts at his temple and curls round the back of his head. What bullet curves around a skull like that?

Gothos

Aaaaaaaaaaamd done. Clocked 24 hours, with 2 side missions done. Can't decide on the score 6.5 or 7. Could have been great. Could have been...

SomTervo

Cross post from the review thread. My thoughts so far:

Game is great so far. 6 hours in. PC.

+ story is brilliant
+ open world stuff doesn't seem tiring at all so far, and the amount of interiors (with collectibles mostly inside them, sometimes in 'hostile' buildings or buildings where the police will be called on you) makes it really, really immersive
+ haven't experienced any bugs and very minor jank
+ the mechanics are simple but snappy and satisfying, combined with the narrative they are really effective, whether shooting or sneaking
+ the overworld strategy systems seem very clever and well thought out, just need to see if it follows through
+ THAT SOUNDTRACK
+ graphics are excellent and the super fast PC patch turnaround was admirable
- the game cannot detect Dualshock 4 at all, it glitches out like hell. Have to use InputMapper to mask it as an Xbox controller. (Such a minor peeve)

So far it's a 9/10 from me, will see how it develops though.

scar on his head anyway? It starts at his temple and curls round the back of his head. What bullet curves around a skull like that?

I think the idea is that it either entered his head slightly, meaning there's a little splash at the entrance and exit with just scar tissue in between, or it just missed his head but the bullet burned his skin where it was nearest (imagine it burns, like, a 'circle' radius around it so there's slightly more burn at the start/end of the scar, giving the impression it curved).

It is a fucking weird scar, though. I hope it's based on some actually-researched scars. I'm sure it it.

heringer

You're gonna end up having to kill the underbosses that feel they're getting fucked over. Also you'll lose their services. So say bye to the arsenal if you kill Cassandra.

Is there any way to keep all of them happy or at least one will always go rogue no matter what?

NJD316

Neo Member
Fuck me the AI is dumb in this game. In one of the contraband missions where you blow up the paperwork, all the reinforcements that showed up decided to take cover in the burning trailer. Hilarious but kinda immersion-breaking.

Nyx

Bugged mission now it seems.
Barclay Mills spoilers:

Destroyed the quarry in Barclay Mills with Enzo, now we're in his truck and need to 'lose Marcano's men'. Problem is, there aren't any and now I'm stuck in this car lol.

Fixed by driving into the water and restarting from checkpoint.

Jocund

Lincoln tells Donovan his skull deflected the bullet. So I guess it kind of grazed his skull instead of outright penetrating it.

Rellik

Anyone noticed that what seems like an interracial couple were arrested and the dude gets beaten up by the police during the Mardi Gras?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN-c1gmxfBM

I love the little details like that.

This one I saw the other day during the cop bar mission was funny too

360430_20161008183804ews1s.png

Cop kissing a girl in plain sight, not giving a fuck.

Yup. The only way to get to the top was to do the exact same thing you've been doing nonstop since the start of the game.

Game is extremely disappointing. If you've played 15iks of the game you've played the entire game.

I can see where you're coming from but you could say the same of games like Far Cry and Assassins Creed etc. They all have padding inbetween main story missions and they're all supported by a small number of gameplay systems that recur from the very first mission to the very last.

The only components that really set this game apart from start to finish are the difficulty of the missions and the map designs for missions. But that's not uncommon for games of this type. Saints Row 1 and 2 had you doing pretty much the exact same thing as you are doing here, for instance.

I agree that the structure isn't anything special but I don't think it stands out as especially poor either.

vypek

Just had my first crash to dashboard on Xbox. I was walking around in the game when it happened.

I had one on PS4 last night. Was doing some side mission and it happened. Happened pretty far into the game. I think I'm lucky I'm not getting more like other people did. Hope I didn't lose any data. I just stopped playing for the night after it happened.

rdytoroll

16 hours in and I'm at a point where I'm not sure if I want to continue. I usually dont have a problem with repetitiveness in open world games (AC is my favorite gaming series), but I thought that after a few districts they'd try to switch up the formula a bit, but it's always the same exact structure for every district: do 3 missions, kill or recruit the boss, do 3 missions, kill or recruit the boss, kill the lieutenant, next district. The first few hours and taking over districts was fun, but now it's just busywork

spookytapes

Neo Member
I've had this game hard crash to dash 4 times on PS4. Super frustrating.

Game is just OK. I've taken over 3 of the districts so far and I'm enjoying myself but boy, the missions are super repetitive.

vypek

Given what I've read in the thread

I'm going to try my best to not screw this up and give them districts evenly.

Can someone answer this:
Does it just come down to picking who hasn't been picked in each sitdown?

holygeesus

Banned
The tiny things annoy in this game. Like being unable to step up ankle high ledges at times, or when you have to swim a mile to find somewhere to pull yourself out of water. It seems totally random as to when the game will let you exit as well.

Also, how do you get bugged missions to reappear? The first smuggling mission, where you have to get to a boat and smuggle the gange back - I arrive at the boat yard, kill the dudes, and then fin the boats upturned and the mission says they are destroyed and to leave the area - wtf? The mission is still active, but the icon has disappeared and there seems no way to restart it.

Tovarisc

Can someone answer this:
Does it just come down to picking who hasn't been picked in each sitdown?

Pretty much. If you plan on giving district to e.g. Vito then also give rackets in said district to him as you take them over.

The tiny things annoy in this game. Like being unable to step up ankle high ledges at times, or when you have to swim a mile to find somewhere to pull yourself out of water. It seems totally random as to when the game will let you exit as well.

Also, how do you get bugged missions to reappear? The first smuggling mission, where you have to get to a boat and smuggle the gange back - I arrive at the boat yard, kill the dudes, and then fin the boats upturned and the mission says they are destroyed and to leave the area - wtf? The mission is still active, but the icon has disappeared and there seems no way to restart it.

Game has generated new boat into new location. Just look around on the map.

Rellik

I wonder why they removed the jump button? Maybe it's for the stealth so you don't cheese your way up a wall.

Braag

Am I doing something wrong with these weed delivery missions? The first two missions worked fine but now I drive all the way to the location shown on the map and there's absolutely nothing to deliver, no vehicle, nothing.

Rellik

Am I doing something wrong with these weed delivery missions? The first two missions worked fine but now I drive all the way to the location shown on the map and there's absolutely nothing to deliver, no vehicle, nothing.

You've maxed it out after 2 missions on each one. Move on with other missions.

If you're still unsure then go check intel and it should say Completed 2/2.

Tovarisc

Your rackets with Cassandra are at maximum income. Game doesn't generate new weed runs until you get more rackets for her to run.

Top Bottom