• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

10 volumes deep into Berserk . . .Good god, what have I been doing with my life? This shit is incredible! I am 100% gripped, this feels like a fucking mythological epic in the making. Some of the most comeppling stuff I've read in a long time. Really enjoying it.

Spoilers through Volume 10:
Knowing that Griffith will turn into a demon, presumably sacrificing Guts in the process is simply. . . My god just having that detail in the background, totally forgetting that all this material I've read is basically a flashback! I just can't wait to see this deconstruction of character Griffith is experiencing to conclude. Griffith has been fleshed out very well so far and I truly think he is capable of doing anything at this point to accomplish his goals. But sacrificing Guts? All these fucking demons out for a "Festival", led by presumably a fucking King who as a mortal was annihilated by the gods Sodom and Gomorrah style?!?! Griffith being appropached as a "Prince" by a fucking minor demon. This shit is fated to be, an eternal conflict in the making by forces far beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. Berserk man . . .

ibwdowT5bFD8Yc.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well obviously Manga > Brotherhood > First FMA Anime. That goes without saying.

If you watched Original Anime up to
Hughes's Death
then watched Brotherhood, they're practically the same thing as the manga, in my opinion.

Bleach

I read this interesting post on OMF by Milareppa

The Quincy King is a black-themed quincy who is known as the First Quincy.
Ryuuken is a white-themed quincy who is known as the Last Quincy.
The final arc has revealed that, for all his protestations of peacefulness, Yhwach's nature is reputed to be ruthless and cruel.
Meanwhile, the final arc has revealed that, for all his protestations of harshness, Ryuuken's nature is gentle and caring.
Yhwach closely surrounds himself with people he apparently cares less for than it appears.
Ryuuken distances himself from people he apparently cares more for than it appears.
The words 'foil', 'counterpart' and 'set up' come to mind. One quincy with the power of the Quincy King? Make that two. Ryuuken may yet get to protect the quincies, after all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only colors Kubo uses are white and black so I'm not confident that this is some kind of deliberate setup.

Probably just coincidence that arose out of Kubo's love of extreme contrast.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach

I read this interesting post on OMF by Milareppa
Ryuuken showdown with Bach would be A+, 10/10 Material. I need to see it. I need more Ryuuken, stat.

But for flintstryker and Mr. Fix's sake, I hope Ichigo oneshots Bach with his NEW BANKAI that we learn about in THE LAST CHAPTER and Ichigo CURBSTOMPS ALL ENEMIEZ ENDING WITH A FINAL PAGE THAT SAYS

THE
TROLL

Korosenai

I'm sorry what? No, you are wrong. Brotherhood gave us the massively superior Mustang vs Envy. Also Greedling vs Bradley was awesome. Shit Bradley himself was WAY more awesome in Brotherhood. He was a lot more menacing, whenever he showed up you knew shit was about to go south.

All hail Bradley!

A3fVo6D.png

Daingurse

typical one piece fans

My sister's boyfriend is a typical One Piece fan. Can't lie we nerd out a lot with anime and manga. I got him on the Shingeki and Hunter X Hunter train. He still hasn't drunk the JoJo Kool aid, something I only have started tasting rather recently. Working my way through Stardust Crusaders, man those OAVs left out a lot of shit! hahahaha

Also one thing me and my sister's BF that I found interesting. Hunter X Hunter is a very deceptive series, so many potential fans probably misjudge the series because of the art-style. But Hunter X Hunter goes pretty hard for a Shounen. All I personally needed to hear was, "From the dude who made Yu Yu Hakusho". Yoshihiro Togashi? Sheeit nigga that's all I needed to hear. The hiatuses killed me man, but the anime adaptation has been doing right by me. Did not remember the Chimera Ant arc being this good, lol.

Ryuuken showdown with Bach would be A+, 10/10 Material. I need to see it. I need more Ryuuken, stat.

But for flintstryker and Mr. Fix's sake, I hope Ichigo oneshots Bach with his NEW BANKAI that we learn about in THE LAST CHAPTER and Ichigo CURBSTOMPS ALL ENEMIEZ ENDING WITH A FINAL PAGE THAT SAYS

THE
TROLL

:lol

Seriously though, Ryuuken needs way more panel time before he can even be considered a relevant factor. 4-5 years left?

Haikyuu!! 63
tumblr_mgmetxeC3k1r501n2o1_500.jpg

Way late, but I think Aobajosai will end up winning. Though, I do have some faith in Yamaguchi that he will be a relevant player and actually do something worthwhile. I thought it would take a bit longer for him to get a chance instead of just being on the sidelines and being material for Tsukishima and other first year antics, so this was a great point to reach in the chapter. Anyway, push em back Seijou.

Wiseblade

Wiseblade thanks to your GIFs I have begun to watch Avatar:The Last Airbender.
It's now been 24 hours and I just marathoned through 40 episodes.

I'm holding you responsible for me not reading manga in this interval of time (*&#65507;m&#65507;)

I liked
Alchemists Vs Nazis
personally...

IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!

Now tell everyone how great it is so they can join the fold!

Ryuji

Neo Member
does anyone else read these or is it just me?

The Breaker:New Waves
Ability
Noblesse
Kingdom
Tower of God
Magician(Kim Sarae)

Koutetsu no Baby Leaf 5 (end)
tumblr_mnzha3TcGQ1s67ofgo1_500.png

For the writers first comic it was pretty well done and entertaining. The ending was just so abrupt though, it was like they do that whole ordeal over getting to finally take their relationship to the next level and go all the way but then due to a variety of things end. Oh well, the bonus stuff was hilarious and the hotsprings thing should have definitely been pursued.

I'm sorry what? No, you are wrong. Brotherhood gave us the massively superior Mustang vs Envy. Also Greedling vs Bradley was awesome. Shit Bradley himself was WAY more awesome in Brotherhood. He was a lot more menacing, whenever he showed up you knew shit was about to go south.

Whoa bro I know Brotherhood is the better show. But Mustang vs Bradly only happens in the original vs Greed taking him on.

Also LOL Oreimo ending! I'm waiting for the proper translation. Be careful if you don't want to be spoiled.

diaspora

does anyone else read these or is it just me?

The Breaker:New Waves
Ability
Noblesse
Kingdom
Tower of God
Magician(Kim Sarae)

The MC going HAM is great, but I wish he'd actually finish and win a fight rather than having it fucking left interrupted/unfinished.

Ryuji

Neo Member

Cwarrior

I'm sorry but Bradley vs Everyone > anything from the original. It is only topped by Al vs Pride.

We can just agree that Brotherhood > Original in all ways and forms.

Except for some of the emotional scenes, read deaths because Brotherhood was rushed at the beginning.
Manga > Brotherhood > First FMA Anime

Well obviously Manga > Brotherhood > First FMA Anime. That goes without saying.

There's too much sense and rightness in theses posts....can not... compute...quick someone says some wrong things to restore balance.

Hell no. The original anime trounces the poorly paced, haphazardly directed Brotherhood.

didn't see that,Balance has been restored.

Akito

Sundome v2
Might as well call this masturbation the manga. I thought the MC would about to enter a world of pain as he was letting Kurumi decide on his masturbation schedule but he... got off pretty lightly so far.

Kono Ore ga Omae Nanka Suki na Wakenai 5 (end)

Excellent ending through all the drama of their relationship and what not. Classmates can usually be really annoying in these stories but this time around they were all memorable and often funny (all pitching in to help Fuji get with Okachi Machi after that huge explosion of the hidden feelings and ulterior motives in the fourth chapter). Angie potentially for one of the better female characters in a bl.

Akito

That manga...doesn't go where you think it will. I look forward to your future reactions.
Well so far it's also about various fetishes but I did expect thing to get eventually more serious because it was made very obvious that Kurumi has some kind of sickness. I wouldn't mind at all if that was a red herring and I'm completely wrong though.

aravuus

Shingeki no Kyojin volume 4

I may have found the best manga in a looong time. Started watching the anime and right away continued with the manga from the point the anime has gotten to. The story is just so batshit crazy I can tell there are going to be some mindblowing wham moments in this one.

wonzo

Banned
Golondrina 10

I guess that's it for the lesbian angst for now and back to the grizzly bullfighting stuff. Chica definitely has ways to go till she'll ever be ready to step in the ring.

Aoi Hana 51

Akira really is cruel. :(

I honestly don't see how the last chapter isn't going to be a complete mess/non-ending unless it's like ~60 pages at the very least.

Yumekui merry 58

I honestly have no idea just what the fuck is going on this series anymore.

cyborg009

Banned
So is the fight with the alien ending in the next chapter or the series? Also it seem like no one even tried to shoot him with the gun...

10 volumes deep into Berserk . . .Good god, what have I been doing with my life? This shit is incredible! I am 100% gripped, this feels like a fucking mythological epic in the making. Some of the most comeppling stuff I've read in a long time. Really enjoying it.

Spoilers through Volume 10:
Knowing that Griffith will turn into a demon, presumably sacrificing Guts in the process is simply. . . My god just having that detail in the background, totally forgetting that all this material I've read is basically a flashback! I just can't wait to see this deconstruction of character Griffith is experiencing to conclude. Griffith has been fleshed out very well so far and I truly think he is capable of doing anything at this point to accomplish his goals. But sacrificing Guts? All these fucking demons out for a "Festival", led by presumably a fucking King who as a mortal was annihilated by the gods Sodom and Gomorrah style?!?! Griffith being appropached as a "Prince" by a fucking minor demon. This shit is fated to be, an eternal conflict in the making by forces far beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. Berserk man . . .

http://i.minus.com/ibwdowT5bFD8Yc.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Happy that you like the series, just be sure not to marathon it.

Great! Hope you'll find the time to do it.

Probably this weekend or something. Just needed to read through the stuff that came first like:

Pokemon Adventures: Diamond, Pearl & Platinum Vol.08

ad6f9zrl.jpg

While it was nice to see everyone doing their own thing, I really did enjoy seeing the three heroes reunite. Also nice to see that the manga manged to incorporate the whole underground system that no one remembers from the game.

One funny thing is actually seeing a character from the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc and not knowing who the hell she is, lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That NBA thread with the "Big 3" in it keeps confusing me.

Azure J

Sup Manga-GAF, just wanted to stop by and say that I'm not dead. I felt wrong about not posting even semi-regularly in here so:

Magi

Glad it's back. Of course Moghamett is going to fuck it all up for everyone. I don't mind the wr currently, but moving back towards the adventure (or at least based Morgianna) would be much appreciated.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
LeBron = One Piece
Dwade = Bleach
Bosh = Naruto
Comparing One Piece to Lebron? Disgraceful.

One Piece is like, Carmelo Anthony, too much meat and terrible quality.

Bleach is like, Kevin Durant, pretty much 0 meat and never quite coming in first in terms of success. But still great.

Naruto is like a Bobcats Bench Warmer.

Wiseblade

Sup Manga-GAF, just wanted to stop by and say that I'm not dead. I felt wrong about not posting even semi-regularly in here so:

Magi

Glad it's back. Of course Moghamett is going to fuck it all up for everyone. I don't mind the wr currently, but moving back towards the adventure (or at least based Morgianna) would be much appreciated.
Sometimes I wonder of the deriders have ever seen a war arc before. Hell, the term "war arc" is misleading, when really they're just large scale battles. The whole point is that their gigantic beam-spam contests, but in the interesting story stuff comes from the fallout. A huge part of what made the Marineford Arc so great in One Piece is that Oda spent YEARS makeing every character talk about how big a deal Whitebeard was and how disturbing the balance of power would have serious reprecussions throughout the whole world. So even if seeing Jozu fight Momonga didn't directly excite you, the consequences of the battle did. The same goes for Magi; Even if you're not interested in seeing everyone's bankai djinn equip, there's still the issue how this battle will affect that major political powers in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom