• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching an anime as much as I did both seasons of Code Geass.

Code Geass transcends goodness or badness. It makes batshit insane stupidity an art form. In the future Code Geass will transcend Citizen Kane as the crowning achievement of man in moving pictures.

I don't know. What about "The Last of Us?"

wonzo

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 30
nobunagachef30.jpg

Goddamn, what a badass.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Apparently it has roots in "luscus", which means "One-eyed".

Eusis

I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching an anime as much as I did both seasons of Code Geass.

Code Geass transcends goodness or badness. It makes batshit insane stupidity an art form. In the future Code Geass will transcend Citizen Kane as the crowning achievement of man in moving pictures.
I fell out of it due to Adult Swim shenanigans, but it was entertaining for how utterly batshit it got at times. Dumb anime, but willing to run ALL THE WAY with being a dumb anime.

remz

I liked r2's dedication to having a drastic plot twist cliffhanger at the end of EVERY EPISODE, and sometimes adding multiple drastic plot twists during an ep. sogood.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shingeki no Kyojin 46

A whole chapter for a chat withot answers is not funny.

Ymir chose the right option. Eren acts like a kid goddamit.

It certainly told us something, that Eren either hasn't been paying attention or he's been left out of the info loop. It certainly sounded like the guy he got caught with figured out what was going on, I wouldn't be surprised if all the info is already there for us to figure out what's up like what happened a few months ago when that guy called the identity of the titans.

Kurita

Shingeki no Kyojin

Loved that chapter. As expected Eren let them know how he feels about their actions, it was pretty cool to see him speaking his mind.

Gintamen

I get the feeling that I should take a year-long pause now that I'm still in chapter ~20. I hate reading stuff that's not finished yet :(
Not that a year is gonna help you much, just enjoy the anime. Hoho The advantage of reading dozens, one will always keep pulling up. Damn I need my Vinland fix.

Dresden

shingeki no kyojin 46 -

God, shut the fuck up Eren.

It certainly told us something, that Eren either hasn't been paying attention or he's been left out of the info loop. It certainly sounded like the guy he got caught with figured out what was going on, I wouldn't be surprised if all the info is already there for us to figure out what's up like what happened a few months ago when that guy called the identity of the titans.

Combined with Reiner's rant (this world has no future), the presence of the giant monkey, and the stuff about the history of this world on the jacket covers, I'm sure there's enough to go on if people were willing to speculate.

Ymir is a girl btw.

aravuus

Not that a year is gonna help you much, just enjoy the anime. Hoho The advantage of reading dozens, one will always keep pulling up. Damn I need my Vinland fix.

Heh yeah, I guess. Whatever, I'll just read until there's no more to read, write a memo saying "read more of that titan thing", stash it somewhere and forget about the whole thing. Then, some day in the future I find the memo and read some more! Rinse and repeat. It's what I do with every show, manga and book series ever.

Dresden

nobunaga no chef - 30

yeah I have no clue what they're up to. Are they going to serve a meal in the middle of battle, Sengoku Basara style???

Talking on Titan 46

Is this what reading Rage Town feels like? Page after page of round and round dialogue that goes nowhere and tells nothing new?

The one interesting thing to come out of this chapter is that apparently Eren's powers are special even when compared to the other 3, at least that's what I was getting from the conversation.

Fairy Tail - 334

GRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Eh, he'll come back somehow. After Lissana and the Tenrou Arc death barely matters in this show now.

IHaveIce

Banned
Fairy Tail
He surely never will come back of course.

Anybody who knows this manga knows he will be revived in like 10 chapters or so.

Kreed

Shingeki no Kyojin 46

Definitely wished this chapter had covered more information, but at least we did get a "few" new details. Hopefully the others will arrive next chapter or something major will happen to move the story along vs more time spent in that tree.

upandaway

Shingeki no Kyojin

I always tense up whenever Eren talks.. he's delivering everything I expected of him in this conversation. And Reiner has a split personaly? Whoa. I kinda guessed that one of them will be mentally unstable but if anything I thought it'd be Bert. They're both surprisingly, weak but it doesn't look like that can be manipulated.. then there's the stuff about the DK (though his authority was always pretty obvious) and Christa (Eren was there when the priest talked about her, right? Not that I expect him to be able to use that to his advantage, if anyone would it would be Armin).

I love Ymir at the end there, made me open my eyes like "dude what" (though I can't think of an answer to Eren's question that will help Eren in any way anyway, so we'll have to see if she was serious or just purposely not burning any bridges yet). But I kinda think she's making the wrong choice if she is serious. From what we've seen of Christa, there's no guarantee that she'll even let herself live through what they're implying, so what's the point.

Fairy Tail
He surely never will come back of course.

Anybody who knows this manga knows he will be revived in like 10 chapters or so.

Yeah, and I may not know how things go in One Piece, Bleach, or Naruto, but here we have a character introduced to us in the second chapter. If he were to die it would have been like some amazingly grand sacrifice.

Yeah he pushed Juvia out of the way, but dying to little minions? Really? Hell, Makarov was shot through the body by Hades and he came out okay!

This is just an excuse to get Juvia into a rage.

Mael

Fairy Tail
Did they just really kill the ice stripper?
This is fairy Tail and considering the next chapter is called (according to Stream) Arc of Time of human or something I already know how they can dispell this...
If Mashima stick to his guns and ice stripper stays dead then OMG I was wrong and Fairy Tail can be good!

Wiseblade

Attack on Titan 46

Eren is a BOSS. dude loses a fight and is kidnapped as a stump in enemy territory, but still has the confidence to deliver some real Armour Piercing Questiopns and say "I promise to make your deaths as painful as possible".

LIKE A BOSS

dramatis

Shingeki no Kyojin

I always tense up whenever Eren talks.. he's delivering everything I expected of him in this conversation. And Reiner has a split personaly? Whoa. I kinda guessed that one of them will be mentally unstable but if anything I thought it'd be Bert. They're both surprisingly, weak but it doesn't look like that can be manipulated.. then there's the stuff about the DK (though his authority was always pretty obvious) and Christa (Eren was there when the priest talked about her, right? Not that I expect him to be able to use that to his advantage, if anyone would it would be Armin).

I love Ymir at the end there, made me open my eyes like "dude what" (though I can't think of an answer to Eren's question that will help Eren in any way anyway, so we'll have to see if she was serious or just purposely not burning any bridges yet). But I kinda think she's making the wrong choice if she is serious. From what we've seen of Christa, there's no guarantee that she'll even let herself live through what they're implying, so what's the point.
Something is weird about you being articulate in here.

Qurupeke

Shingeki no Kyojin

Hmm, the monkey is interesting. It seems like he has the power to make titans...And is they key to their homeworld...A city or something else?

Fairy Tail

I think that Ultear will die to save Gray.

Akito

Fairy Tail
Did they just really kill the ice stripper?
This is fairy Tail and considering the next chapter is called (according to Stream) Arc of Time of human or something I already know how they can dispell this...
If Mashima stick to his guns and ice stripper stays dead then OMG I was wrong and Fairy Tail can be good!
And DTL will be on suicide watch

Mael

Fairy Tail
Still this chapter and especially the death sequence was actually well made, a bit by the number but competent.
Not as shocking as some other moments like say...a certain passage in HxH or OP.
But certainly better than the worthless POS that was the death of Neiji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom