• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
HSDK 523

Rj7k1n4.png
It's because you're a fucking idiot, kenichi.

Gotta say though, at least ogata is consistent.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How the fuck is it even possible that Ichijou has gone over the Onodera's house like four times in this dumbass series and never met her identical sister.

Oh, and Paula's in the harem, obviously.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't get it.

I think the Transponder Snail shows how Sanji's eyebrows would look if he didn't have hair covering his eye. Time skip happens and it shows that Sanji's eyebrows curl in the same direction.

Wouldn't really call that foreshadowing. Compared to something like Zeff telling Luffy that the Grand Line is like a paradise, then many many many chapters later we learn the first half is called "Paradise" as it's a breeze compared to the nightmare-ish New World.

Kusagari

How the fuck is it even possible that Ichijou has gone over the Onodera's house like four times in this dumbass series and never met her identical sister.

Oh, and Paula's in the harem, obviously.

The more amazing thing is that her looking EXACTLY like Onodera never entered his mind. Is he seriously that fucking oblivious?

Akito

Kongou Banchou 36
Damn, we were inclined to underestimate the 4 loser banchou because they lost to Kongou so quickly but they are pretty capable on their own. Iai's fight was amazing, he won ina convincing way despite the worst possible match up.

dramatis

so out of the 3 new series, only muto black is a battle shonen?
man that's disappointing

any raws for this yet?

from the synopsis this is an edo era aikido jujitsu manga or something
Summary here, if you want to read about it. Chiefly aikido, no mention of jujitsu as of the first chapter (I didn't read the second chapter, which came out this week).

If you're looking for a battle shounen, now isn't a good time to be searching for it in WSJ. Jump is on a moe/pervert/comedy/sports (yes I know everything BUT battle) kick right now, so even if a new battle shounen was serialized it's unlikely to last long.

Consider the newest manga that are doing well: PSI Kusuo Sainan (comedy), Assassination Classroom (largely comedy), Nisekoi (harem romance), Shokugeki (hot blooded ecchi?), and Haikyuu (sports).

Wait until July for new Hiromu Arakawa manga to come out, she's adapting a fantasy + war + politics? series called Arslan Senki. It probably won't qualify as battle manga though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Summary here, if you want to read about it. Chiefly aikido, no mention of jujitsu as of the first chapter (I didn't read the second chapter, which came out this week).

If you're looking for a battle shounen, now isn't a good time to be searching for it in WSJ. Jump is on a moe/pervert/comedy/sports (yes I know everything BUT battle) kick right now, so even if a new battle shounen was serialized it's unlikely to last long.

Consider the newest manga that are doing well: PSI Kusuo Sainan (comedy), Assassination Classroom (largely comedy), Nisekoi (harem romance), Shokugeki (hot blooded ecchi?), and Haikyuu (sports).

Wait until July for new Hiromu Arakawa manga to come out, she's adapting a fantasy + war + politics? series called Arslan Senki. It probably won't qualify as battle manga though.

Is Arakawa's new manga just a limited series or something that's going to be like FMA length? Because I'd be disappointed to just see her adapt something else for long.

(Still waiting for FMA spinoff featuring Al learning Alkhestry in Xing)

dramatis

Is Arakawa's new manga just a limited series or something that's going to be like FMA length? Because I'd be disappointed to just see her adapt something else for long.

(Still waiting for FMA spinoff featuring Al learning Alkhestry in Xing)
Arslan had a manga series before, it lasted 13 volumes back in 1991-6 on a monthly schedule.

The novel series itself has 13 volumes and is still going, so I imagine Arakawa will have a bunch to adapt. Probably won't be as long as FMA though.

Akito

Kongou Banchou 40
Such a manly fight, I expect the defeated banchous to join the team sooner or later, they would fit right in. I'm liking the coward banchou more and more, his trolling antics are refreshing in such a hot-blooded battle manga.

Kurita

I wonder if the series that were in the Jump VS will be published in the WSJ.
I really liked Roggy, it has some potential imo

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
People in MangaGAF legitimately don't even know what foreshadowing is. A character saying, "I have a new attack" and then using the attack isn't fucking foreshadowing anyways; that's just laying a foundation for a plot element.

That's putting it nicely.

In reality it's an asspull.

Kusagari

JoJo Vento Aureo volume 5-10

Diavolo's plan has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Protect this person against all these dudes trying to kill them so I can kill them. He could have easily given some assassins a mission to kill and dispose the body.

Some more great Stand fights in these volumes. The fights against Grateful Dead and White Album were highlights.

I thought it should be easy for a battle series to join in, the absence of the two longer series of 2012 and 2013, left a huge hole in diversity for it. (Well unless Akira Amano can come back).

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail 332

Hopefully this dragon will be able to give natsu some info about his father. Exciting chapter overall

His actual father, or Igneel? That's a weird question in and of itself; why the fuck are random kids being given to Dragons as children?

Akito

Kongou Banchou 51
Aaaand we're back on track, I don't know how but we are.

Kongou Banchou 53
Is that you Hulk?

Kongou Banchou 55
This escalated quickly, we're getting even giant mecha now?

Kongou Banchou 57
&#3237;_&#3237;

Akito

Kongou Banchou 58
"Big bro"
*dead*

Kongou Banchou 59
Soara might be the most ridiculous thing about this manga and that's saying a lot. Anyway, quite a shift in tone after the last arc, we have yet to find out who the old butler really is. And I must have missed how the Iai Banchou got his eyes back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kongou Banchou 58
"Big bro"
*dead*

Kongou Banchou 59
Soara might be the most ridiculous thing about this manga and that's saying a lot. Anyway, quite a shift in tone after the last arc, we have yet to find out who the old butler really is. And I must have missed how the Iai Banchou got his eyes back.

Did they ever finish the translations? I remember following this a year or two ago when they stalled.

Maron

I didn't get the impression that Igneel was legitimately his biological father. That would be pretty odd.

I think what he means is that we're more than likely not going to have any info on his biological father so for all intents and purposes it's best to just think of Igneel in that fatherly role instead.

Also, I usually lurk but checked out the latest Nisekoi and what the fucking fuck was that

When was the last time they even brought up the locket

Kurita

There's a lot of good stuff in Italy, too...

But America got Attack On Titan way before France! The first two volumes will be released next month, it's about time...

Maron

I read Kishi's Mario today in VIZ's Jump. I actually kinda liked it but his interview made me really curious about the "full" version he originally worked on. What'd you guys think of it?

I read Kishi's Mario today in VIZ's Jump. I actually kinda liked it but his interview made me really curious about the "full" version he originally worked on. What'd you guys think of it?

I think the series only has like one hardcore fan, which is unfortunate. I thought it was just a bit too mature and felt liked a very dull concept since its just been so much before in other media. The manga felt like numerous scenes were missing and they jumped from place to place. It needed more Naruto cameos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom