• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMartin

I scanned maybe 2 planets and then downloaded that modified coalsced.ini file that just gives you max resources.

I appreciate the mini game, but fuck if I'm going to spend hours on end launching probes into planets to get upgrades. No thank you.

Nutter said:
So what benefits do you get for importing your ME1 save file when you have completed ME2 as well. Do you get even more money and minerals at the start? (then say from just starting a new character using your ME2 save) I searched and some people say you get even more minerals and money if you do so, but some say it doesnt add any extra's. I want to play as a Sentinel for my insanity run, but my ME2 file is as a vanguard; so most likely im going to have to start from scratch or from my ME1 save.

You do get more. People are reporting getting 300k+ on their ME1 characters, given the've already beat ME2 with some other character.

What I want to know is - what goes to NG+? Levels, skill points, for sure. Upgrades - probably not. What about Weapons and Armor? Then, only weapons you can use, or are the upgrades there for the whole team?

FrankT

julls said:
picked this up on impulse yesterday, don't really know much about the ME series. was impressed but not blown away until i walked into
the nightclub - having the music become clear as i walked through the door with all the dancers up on podiums and smoek everywehre was seriously amazing. like something out of blade runner. is that a spoiler? i have no idea..
the atmosphere is incredible!

Blade Runner was the first thing that came to mind when I walked in as well.

Nemesis_

Nutter said:
So what benefits do you get for importing your ME1 save file when you have completed ME2 as well. Do you get even more money and minerals at the start? (then say from just starting a new character using your ME2 save) I searched and some people say you get even more minerals and money if you do so, but some say it doesnt add any extra's. I want to play as a Sentinel for my insanity run, but my ME2 file is as a vanguard; so most likely im going to have to start from scratch or from my ME1 save.

Slam, gives you some breathing room if enemies try to rush you.

It's amazing what you can find in the original post. It pretty much answers all of your questions. =P

It is if you plan to romance Tali and not want to know about it....

Thanks Choc. Asshole could've used spoiler tags. I'm FemShep so this doesn't matter for me then, until the second playthrough.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nemesis556 said:
Is this a fucking spoiler!? >=(

Only if the fact that Tali is a possible romantic interest is a spoiler. Everything about her race since Mass Effect 1 has said they have the suits because of an almost nonexistent immune system. Unless you're getting it on without her taking it off.

ultron87 said:
So is the sound supposed to cut out during the Justicar's loyalty mission when she and
her daughter are having their biotic fight?
Because I replayed that part twice and the sound cut out at the same time both times. I'm also extremely disappointed that
I wasn't renegade enough to get the daughter on the team.

Also, as to
Legion's
loyalty mission, I don't really see how
forcibly rewriting the minds of all the heretic geth is a Paragon action that is worth 20 points. And I'm not saying that the other choice should be paragon, but both of them seem fairly renegade like.

Yeah, the sound cut out there for me too. Kinda ruined the scene. Seems like this should be patched, given how many people have had the same issue.

ColonelColon said:
Yeah, the sound cut out there for me too. Kinda ruined the scene. Seems like this should be patched, given how many people have had the same issue.

It has cut out in few places for me, but that was the most noticeable and longest. I play with no subtitles, too (subtitles take so much away from these games, I couldn't believe it. It still upsets me when I see other people's videos and they have subtitles on) so I had no idea what was going on and what arguments were made when I was given the choice.

Solo

Just read that stuff about a scene looking at Ashley's pic at the end game vs her pic being turned down. Damnit, now it makes me wanna halt my relationship with Tali before it progresses. Im holding out for a reunion with my favorite xenophobic piece of tail :lol

brandonh83 said:
Is it just my sound setup or are the gunshots extremely loud? There's a lot of great atmospheric effects that sound excellent on surround, but I live in an apartment right now and the gunshots are disturbingly loud. I've tried lowering the sound effects but all that seems to do is lower the sounds during cutscenes.

I find the mix is overall a bit unbalanced this time. Gunshots are, as mentioned, a bit overcranked, while music is a bit too low in the mix.

Solo said:
I find the mix is overall a bit unbalanced this time. Gunshots are, as mentioned, a bit overcranked, while music is a bit too low in the mix.

I found music to be too loud in clubs, so much so that I couldn't really make out the dialogue. Realistic, yes, but since I play with no subs, also annoying.

Won

Just finished Samara's loyalty mission.
The renegade choice seems a bit farfetched, but I never liked her character so whatever
:lol

Only some sidequests and the IFF left before I hit the Omega 4 I guess. Not sure if I should bother explore the rest of the galaxy for the one or two side missions that are probably hiding somewhere. Even if I look them up they are soooo damn short and even more forgettable then the ME1 stuff. :/

Nemesis556 said:
Is this a fucking spoiler!? >=(
No, I'm just saying that, with the Quarian Immune system, that's something that could likely happen.
I should have said "Subjecting someone to the risk of disease."
It doesn't, as far as we know at the end of the game. There is always ME3.

Solo

MegaKungFuRadio said:
I found music to be too loud in clubs, so much so that I couldn't really make out the dialogue. Realistic, yes, but since I play with no subs, also annoying.

It does get jacked up a LOT in clubs, no doubt. But the other 99% of the time, it doesnt feel as pervasive as I like it. ME1's music was not only much better, but it was always more present too.

soldat7

Solo said:
It does get jacked up a LOT in clubs, no doubt. But the other 99% of the time, it doesnt feel as pervasive as I like it. ME1's music was not only much better, but it was always more present too.

Yeah, I wonder what happened? Same people did the music, right? I have to retire to my room to hear the good stuff, sadly...

soldat7 said:
Yeah, I wonder what happened? Same people did the music, right? I retire to my room to hear the good stuff, sadly...

I think it's different people. There's only two tracks I like in the game: the song that plays in Afterlife and isn't even on the soundtrack and
Suicide Mission

Dennis

Banned
Solo said:
Music was better in the first game, absolutely. I remember it very fondly. So far the music in ME2 has been quite unremarkable.

Bioware (I think) has said they gather a lot of feedback from fans to improve the next game, so hopefully music will recieve more attention next time.

Also: Faunts

Samara's
daughter was a far more interesting character than her. I'll kill her in my next playthrough.
The whole concept of the Justicar seemed pretty dull to me and predictable. Samara's character is by far the least interesting of the squad.

What were your favourite loyalty missions? Here are mine in best of order

Archangel's

Jack

Tali's

Jacob

Zaeed

Sound dropped out for me as well during the scene as mentioned. I thought it was just my system. I guess I need to quit worrying about my system because clearly the game has some sound issues :lol

That's ok tho baby I still love you

Solo

soldat7 said:
Yeah, I wonder what happened? Same people did the music, right? I have to retire to my room to hear the good stuff, sadly...

Jack Wall and Sam Hulick did both games. Its weird. Its like Bioware gave them the direction of the first game to come up with something that felt like it could have been Vangelis' alternate soundtrack for Blade Runner. And its like they gave them the direction in ME2 to come up with something that sounded like generic action movie 101.

DennisK4 said:
Also: Faunts

Best ending theme of all-time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wait, wait, wait.

Samara's loyalty mission life-ending spoilers:

can you actually kill Samara and have Morinth join you? That's awesome!

really liked that mission, it was something a bit different.

Dennis

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Samara's
daughter was a far more interesting character than her. I'll kill her in my next playthrough.
The whole concept of the Justicar seemed pretty dull to me and predictable. Samara's character is by far the least interesting of the squad.

What were your favourite loyalty missions? Here are mine in best of order

Archangel's

Jack

Tali's

Jacob

Zaeed
Jacobs because of the enviroment and Thanes because it wasn't shooty shooty like the others.

I can't seem to use the heavy weapon with the nuclear symbol. IRS at 99% charge when u fire, it just makes a sound and then nothing?

Also is it worth learning new skills/advanced training as sheperd? I'm an infiltrator. What should I add?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
All the loyalty missions have been great so far. I haven't completed Garrus's, Thane's or the last crew member's yet, though.

Well, Miranda's was kind of phoned in, but otherwise really good.

Ultimo hombre said:
I can't seem to use the heavy weapon with the nuclear symbol. IRS at 99% charge when u fire, it just makes a sound and then nothing?

Also is it worth learning new skills/advanced training as sheperd? I'm an infiltrator. What should I add?

You need to have 100%+ for it to fire.:D

For the Loyalty Missions, Mordin's was by far the best. Samara's and Thane's were interesting, because they did things somewhat different. Garrus was generic, same with Jacob. Jack was nice, but not enough substance.

Patryn

Castor Krieg said:
Is the "sticking around" after
IFF
Also, tested M-920 Cain for the first time while fighting
Thrasher Maw
. Took 50% off on Hardcore:lol

The Cain took off 75% of the final boss's health on normal for me.

Patryn said:
The Cain took off 75% of the final boss's health on normal for me.

I suck at aiming that thing. First time I used it, I killed myself. Only used it one other time. Can you only fire it at above 100%? Not really certain how it works.

comrade

I don't really understand the scanning of the planets. Should I just be launching random probes or should I actually be watching for movement in the scanner?

Wolffen said:
Basically, I just need to know if I download the DLC via my XBL gamertag and EA Login, will my wife be able to use the DLC as well with her GT?

Yes.

You just don't log in to the EA account with the second profile at all. Once the content is downloaded, any profile on the same system can use that DLC just fine without being registered to the Cerberus Network.

comrade said:
What would you guys recommend for Advanced Weapon Training?

Aaaaaaalways sniper rifle. <3

Himuro said:
You know how Asari have those powers and shit? I think they apply the powers to themselves when in the company of other races to make themselves look more attractive.

Did you listen to the full dialogue about the bachelor party?

Won said:
Nooooooo, my fish are dead!!!! :(

This actually really pissed me off. Why the fuck can't I go buy more fucking fish on the fucking Citadel, Bioware? :lol

Zeliard said:
Is
Reaper IFF
the point of no return?

Because people are being smartasses instead of, like, actually helping you, the Reaper IFF is
not the point-of-no-return such that starting it means you move inexorably to the final area
but it is
the point-of-no-return in the sense that if you go to it without being prepared properly you irrevocably lose the ability to keep both your entire crew and squad alive.

Rabbit Lord said:
So how are vanguards? thinking of playing one for my next play through.

Don't really play like ME1 Vanguards unless you unlock Pull and take Barrier as your bonus skill. Not as awesome overall as I hoped. Don't play one under any circumstances on Insanity.

kitzkozan

Solo said:
Jack Wall and Sam Hulick did both games. Its weird. Its like Bioware gave them the direction of the first game to come up with something that felt like it could have been Vangelis' alternate soundtrack for Blade Runner. And its like they gave them the direction in ME2 to come up with something that sounded like generic action movie 101.

Best ending theme of all-time.

Or maybe Jack Wall and Sam Hulick aren't that good? :p

It's not easy to come up with one great soundtrack after another and beside,did you heard of Jack Wall before the ME OST? I'm just looking at some of his work like Jade empire (forgot I even had the soundtrack :p) and it's easy to see that he's not all that good.Definitively not a Uematsu of the west. :lol

Lucc

it was probably mentioned before but when you do
tali's
loyality quest you - have - to bring
legion
with you. it changes the whole section on the ship and its awesome!

you can talk much more to the quarians and get to know that the guy who is against
tali
is actually the only sane admiral.

that made it the best loyality mission for me.

my favorite character is still mordin though. everybody's got to love him after his
gilbert and sullivan
preformance.. or his talking about cross race realtionships^^

Jooolieeezy said:
She
strip dances for you

Seriously? How can I make this happen?

BTW funny scene..

2010-01-31%2015.55.51.jpg

PS Where are the Krogans talking about sexy Asari?

ultron87

The final mission so far is pretty crazy and entertaining.
Legion took a rocket to the face after I sent him through the ducts at the beginning. :( Haven't lost anyone else so far and I just got to the Human Reaper thing. Got to see Kelly get blendered. That was also kind of a bummer.

I have an extra Inferno armor code if anyone wants it. Just send me a PM.

Edit: Code has been taken.

I've finally been able to put a solid amount of time into ME2 over that last few days, and I have to say that it easily lives up to the hype and expectations and then some. I'm struck by just how much there is to do and see-- almost 30 hours in now, having recruited most of my team and now finishing up their loyalty quests.

Some of the locations you visit are just spectacular, particularly Illium and Omega, the latter of which just oozes style and atmosphere.

Mordin is easily my favorite of the new characters, both in terms of development and mannerisms. He also has one of the most interesting loyalty quests, with all the insights into his work on the
modified krogan genophage
and whatnot.

Shooting
Conrad Verner
in the foot was great. :lol

Sadly, though, ME2 could easily have been ten times the game it currently is if we could only recruit the almighty
Blasto; "Enkindle this."
:lol If he can't join our crew in ME3, heads will roll.

In all seriousness, however, my only real disappointment is how utterly forgettable the soundtrack is, (with the exception of a handful of tracks). The effect is that much more apparent coming after ME1's soundtrack, which was simply wonderful.

golem

comrade said:
I don't really understand the scanning of the planets. Should I just be launching random probes or should I actually be watching for movement in the scanner?
the scanner will peak (and your controller if u are using one will vibrate) when you find high concentrations of one or more resources

comrade

charlequin said:
Because people are being smartasses instead of, like, actually helping you, the Reaper IFF is
not the point-of-no-return such that starting it means you move inexorably to the final area
but it is
the point-of-no-return in the sense that if you go to it without being prepared properly you irrevocably lose the ability to keep both your entire crew and squad alive.
Thanks for this.
What do you need to do to keep your entire crew/squad? Every Loyalty mission? Also I'm missing 2 crew members but I think only Tali is on my dossier.
golem said:
the scanner will peak (and your controller if u are using one will vibrate) when you find high concentrations of one or more resources
Thanks I went from using 60 probes to deplete a planet to 10-12.

comrade said:

When the scanner is over minerals, there are spikes on the meter off to the right of the screen, and your controller should rumble (360 version).

X26

Banned
I did every mission and looked through the areas thouroughly, and visited every shop that I know of, but I never got enoguh stuff to fully upgrade any weapon, oi

comrade

drakesfortune said:
I just started this tonight and I missed the text on how you hack the holopads. It's the one where you have groups of text scrolling down, some are red, and you have to select various text. You get three tries. How the hell do I do this? What am I looking for?
It's simon says. You want to match your top left picture with one scrolling by. You can't touch the red ones so you have to be scrolling down with it dodging them. Match all 3 and you hack it.

suzu

Where are you guys finding
Conrad
? I haven't seen him yet. Or is it only if you upload a ME1 save file?

charlequin said:
Don't really play like ME1 Vanguards unless you unlock Pull and take Barrier as your bonus skill. Not as awesome overall as I hoped. Don't play one under any circumstances on Insanity.

Vanguards are easily the weakest class, due mostly to being the least versatile (which matters a LOT at Hardcore and Insanity), having an unusable class ability (charge will get you killed more often than it saves you), and a fairly useless ammo ability (like charge, cryo ammo is cute, but by the time it is effective, you don't need it).

Shotguns are also awful in this game because the only enemies that actually charge at you have armor at Hardcore and Insanity. You're much better off using a pistol, which means you're much better off just playing an Adept. The only advantages Vanguards have over Adepts are Incendiary Ammo (though Warp is better and more versatile) and up to 15% increased weapon damage (Adepts get faster recharge time as compensation). Unlike ME1, their health and armor are exactly the same, so Vanguards don't even hold an edge in survivabilty that I assumed was the case when I chose the class. On the contrary, they are actually much much easier to kill because Adepts have Singularity and Throw in addition to the Pull and Shockwave Vanguards come equipped with.

I've said it many many many times in this thread, but none of this really matters until Hardcore. Vanguards need both the weapon training and loyalty training to simply get to the level all the other classes start out at.

Parham

Banned
My apologies for posting this question again, but I still have to find the answer on Google or in this thread: Is there anyway that I can view my Shepard's appearance code after importing him from ME1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom