• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
azentium said:
My apologies for posting this question again, but I still have to find the answer on Google or in this thread: Is there anyway that I can view my Shepard's appearance code after importing him from ME1?

Menu > Squad > Select Shepard > Look at the top of the screen and to the left.

Patryn said:

Wait, what? I went back to the store where I bought them originally and they didn't "respawn" or anything....

I need to know, my empty fish tank is killing me. :lol

comrade said:
Thanks for this.
What do you need to do to keep your entire crew/squad? Every Loyalty mission? Also I'm missing 2 crew members but I think only Tali is on my dossier.

At bare minimum you need every loyalty quest completed, and then you also need to assign people "correctly" in the final mission, though I think there's some breathing room on that (there's not one exact correct assignment or anything.)

BenjaminBirdie said:
I will NEVER be unfaithful, baby!!

The love interests from the first game are
such annoying whiny bitches in ME2
though.

charlequin said:
The love interests from the first game are
such annoying whiny bitches in ME2
though.

People keep saying this but man, you must not have treated them right. My Liara was committed to her current activities, but she never talked smack to me. She was the same blue weirdo I fell in love with.

TOGETHA 4EVA.

BenjaminBirdie said:
People keep saying this but man, you must not have treated them right. My Liara was committed to her current activities, but she never talked smack to me. She was the same blue weirdo I fell in love with.

TOGETHA 4EVA.

It's nice that you feel that way, but I hated Liara and only put up with her because I wanted to get it on with a blue alien chick.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
It's nice that you feel that way, but I hated Liara and only put up with her because I wanted to get it on with a blue alien chick.

So why would it be surprising to you that she was a bitch to you in 2?

:lol

Solo said:
Jack Wall and Sam Hulick did both games. Its weird. Its like Bioware gave them the direction of the first game to come up with something that felt like it could have been Vangelis' alternate soundtrack for Blade Runner. And its like they gave them the direction in ME2 to come up with something that sounded like generic action movie 101.

It's true that this is no ME1 but there were a lot of tracks that I love.

The Illusive Man

Thane
Tali

The Normandy Reborn

Mordin
Miranda
Jacob

I'll turn the soundeffects down to about 70 percent and have music and dialogue at 100 percent for my next playthrough to better judge the soundtrack overall. I think that with the lack of quiet moments in comparison to ME1 due to a lack of exploration along with the far meatier sound effects might have taken away from the score for most people.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
They were that way in the first game, too. At least to me.

They should put a patch out for ME1 that lets you skip the existing love interests in favor of heavy foreshadowing about how you are going to put it in Tali.

Anyone have any experience with unstable warp vs. heavy warp? Usually the AOE variant is 3 meters, but unstable warp seems to be 7 which is quite a big larger radius. Wondering if I should go the AOE route with that power or not.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This may be a weird question, but any answers would be appreciated...

This game is 2 DVDs, right?

Will it let you save between disc swapping? Ala the old Final Fantasy games?

Like, when the game prompts you to change DVD, for example, from disc 1 to 2, will it let you save? And then you can continue from that save from disc 2?

Or not?

Thanks for any answer.

X26 said:
I did every mission and looked through the areas thouroughly, and visited every shop that I know of, but I never got enoguh stuff to fully upgrade any weapon, oi

The minerals are the key aspect for most weapons, but you also pick up a couple of weapons to scan along the way, even on side-quest missions.

charlequin said:
They should put a patch out for ME1 that lets you skip the existing love interests in favor of heavy foreshadowing about how you are going to put it in Tali.

That IS what happened in my mind. Liara was totally just a fling to me.

Zzoram

charlequin said:
Wait, what? I went back to the store where I bought them originally and they didn't "respawn" or anything....

If you buy fish, I think you need to feed them or they die. I bought fish once and when I finally remembered to check them, it said to clean the dead fish out of my tank. After that happens, Kelly offers to feed fish for you, so I guess you can buy fish safely after that.

charlequin said:
At bare minimum you need every loyalty quest completed, and then you also need to assign people "correctly" in the final mission, though I think there's some breathing room on that (there's not one exact correct assignment or anything.)

Well not at bare minimum. Some of the developers at the Bioware forum talked about how they tested to see what the fewest number of loyal NPCs you needed to have everyone live. I believe they said 4 or 5 was the lowest they achieved it with. There's a ton of different combinations.

Gestahl

Dark FaZe said:
It's true that this is no ME1 but there were a lot of tracks that I love.

The Illusive Man

Thane
Tali

The Normandy Reborn

Mordin
Miranda
Jacob

I'll turn the soundeffects down to about 70 percent and have music and dialogue at 100 percent for my next playthrough to better judge the soundtrack overall. I think that with the lack of quiet moments in comparison to ME1 due to a lack of exploration along with the far meatier sound effects might have taken away from the score for most people.

I remember barely 5 or 6 songs from Mass Effect not counting the ending song, and the good ones were rarely heard to me. Here I'm probably not going to remember most if any of the Mass Effect 2 soundtrack, but they did a much better job in actually having something exciting or entertaining playing most of the time during the game.

Barely ever heard any music during the "exploratory" parts of Mass Effect, since the fucking Mako was so goddamn loud and the music was so quiet on the non-story planets.

Zzoram

MisterAnderson said:
Anyone have any experience with unstable warp vs. heavy warp? Usually the AOE variant is 3 meters, but unstable warp seems to be 7 which is quite a big larger radius. Wondering if I should go the AOE route with that power or not.

I usually go for the upgrade that is strong against 1 enemy instead of ok against many enemies, because I will always face at least 1 enemy but not always a cluster.

The only exception is Pull, because it's rather pointless to have 1 enemy float 3 seconds longer when I can make multiple enemies float.

2 quick questions:

- Legion
So apparently an interal countdown timer occurs when you pick up Legion during the IFF mission(?). Is the loyalty quest for him unlocked automatically; or do i have to speak to him, do a mission, and unlock it?
Im only asking because i heard spending too long between the IFF mission and the final mission = higher chances of dead party members.

-Romances
Is it ever implied that Shepard is cheating on his/her partner from ME1? Do i have to worry about anything, or can i play ball?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sub_zer0 said:
2 quick questions:

- Legion
So apparently an interal countdown timer occurs when you pick up Legion during the IFF mission(?). Is the loyalty quest for him unlocked automatically; or do i have to speak to him, do a mission, and unlock it?
Im only asking because i heard spending too long between the IFF mission and the final mission = higher chances of dead party members.

-Romances
Is it ever implied that Shepard is cheating on his/her partner from ME1? Do i have to worry about anything, or can i play ball?

You get it immediately after talking to him.

And yes, there are ramifications for picking up a love interest.

stupei

BenjaminBirdie said:

TOGETHA 4EVA.

I don't know.
She seems really really emotionally invested in her male friend who disappeared and only wants to talk business with Shepard.
But hey, whatever helps you through those longs weeks in space...

Wow. If you don't import a character then you cant talk with Mording about holding the line. Clearly rolling a new character in ME2 is a permanently gimped experience.

stupei said:
I don't know.
She seems really really emotionally invested in her male friend who disappeared and only wants to talk business with Shepard.

Liara? We didn't talk about that at all.

Lebron

Damn, I just realized I lost 6 crew members. Man, I'm a terrible commander

edit: sorry, got threads confused

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
firehawk12 said:
Oh dear god, the male voice is so bad.

That guy actually missed a couple bad-ass moments.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Laughing Banana said:
Can I have a clarification about my question from any of you that have owned this game? Or is this not the correct place to ask it...?

There's no warning when the two disc change happens.

But they happen when
you finish Horizon and you begin the final mission
if you want to save before the swap yourself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Restarted the suicide run due to my poor ammo management for the final battle, and managed to save everyone. Pretty easy actually.

Anyway, what do people want or the obvious DLC party member? There's a clear gap on the far right next to Jack where a 12th party member will go.

_Xenon_

Banned
stupei said:
I don't know.
Actually she found Shepard's body and handed it to Cerberus. She's mad because the "male friend" she's talking about is you.
It's a small one-time dialog tree and I guess many people missed it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EatChildren said:
Restarted the suicide run due to my poor ammo management for the final battle, and managed to save everyone. Pretty easy actually.

Anyway, what do people want or the obvious DLC party member? There's a clear gap on the far right next to Jack where a 12th party member will go.

Yeah, the oft-rumoured
Kasumi
. It could all be a red-herring though.

_Xenon_ said:
Actually she found Shepard's body and handed it to Cerberus. She's mad because the "male friend" she's talking about is you.
It's a small one-time dialog tree and I guess many people missed it.

Actually, that's not it - this refers to the events in the comic book prequel.

Patryn

charlequin said:

Really? I kept accidentally killing my fish, but whenever I went back, I could always buy more. Had you cleaned out the dead fish? You have to have a totally empty tank for them to reset I think.

It's interesting to read about Vanguards. Curious if they nerfed them because of how it seemed like EVERYBODY played one in ME1.

_Xenon_

Banned
Laughing Banana said:
This may be a weird question, but any answers would be appreciated...

This game is 2 DVDs, right?

Will it let you save between disc swapping? Ala the old Final Fantasy games?

Like, when the game prompts you to change DVD, for example, from disc 1 to 2, will it let you save? And then you can continue from that save from disc 2?

Or not?

Thanks for any answer.
The dics change time is pretty wired this time. It happens after you finished
horizon
and right at the start of your next major mission (plot / recruit / loyalty mission). There's no warning or saving before that but a dialog box telling you to change disc.

user_nat said:
Sorta annoys me how the 3rd squad member is always completely silent on loyalty missions.

I haven't had this problem. I think you gotta choose the logical 3rd member. For instance, I took Miranda for the Jack mission and Tali for the Legion mission and there were some choice words lol

What's the infinite resources mod? I'm in my second playthrough and I do not look forward to scanning all those planets again

Quick question for someone starting the game:

What class do you think is best (partly subjective, obviously)? In the first, i played as Vanguard, so I feel like i should try something new. I was thinking Infiltrator or something, but I'm not sure which ones are good.

Hate to say it but yeah Female VO for Shepard blows Male out of the fucking water.

FromTheFuture said:

What class do you think is best (partly subjective, obviously)? In the first, i played as Vanguard, so I feel like i should try something new. I was thinking Infiltrator or something, but I'm not sure which ones are good.
Sentinel or Infiltrator (if you want to snipe)

Does anyone know if you play through the game multiple times with the same character, you'll be able to get all the special weapons. So if I play through 3 times with a soldier, can I get the krogan shotgun, that super strong sniper rifle and the geth pulse rifle?

FromTheFuture said:

I would recommend Adept. As I said before, it starts off slow in terms of power but after 15 hours when you get the Assault Rifle and choose new Biotic abilities - you get the best of both worlds. Similar to Vanguard, except combat is more suited to medium-long range as opposed to short range combat.

Also, who is that girl in your avatar? Do you know her?

Jamesfrom818 said:
Does anyone know if you play through the game multiple times with the same character, you'll be able to get all the special weapons. So if I play through 3 times with a soldier, can I get the krogan shotgun, that super strong sniper rifle and the geth pulse rifle?

I was told in the affirmative

Meus Renaissance said:
I would recommend Adept. As I said before, it starts off slow in terms of power but after 15 hours when you get the Assault Rifle and choose new Biotic abilities - you get the best of both worlds. Similar to Vanguard, except combat is more suited to medium-long range as opposed to short range combat.

Also, who is that girl in your avatar? Do you know her?

I was told in the affirmative
I thought Adepts can't use assault rifles? The class selection says pistols and submachine guns. And for my avatar, I don't know her personally. PM me if you want some info i guess.

Infiltrator sounds interesting. You can snipe long range or get up close and personal. Doesn't seem like they have too many good powers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom