• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2 to do 60,000 in sales

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Socreges said:
I'm not all that surprised that you'd so quickly label those antithetical to you as "tools" without knowing jack.

Look below your post at the various people now posting about how often Doug does this shit... and just like Pavlov's dog folks keep responding do it.... so quick to label? Doug does this shit multiple times a year!

Protect the hive! Protect the hive! Protect the hive!

This didn't just start this generation you know, which is why I hold such disdain for this answer/response session. We go through it too regularly.

And I'm not being quick about it... I just know what's best for all of you. ;)

This misconception is likely because GAF regulars understand things through preset categorizations.

When a certain group tends to continue to respond a certain way(and I'm looking at this thread AND the RE thread), how can you not naturally tend to group the folks?

Especially when you've seen it over, and over again over the last what...2? 3? 4? 5 years?

Socreges

Banned
DarienA said:
Look below your post at the various people now posting about how often Doug does this shit... and just like Pavlov's dog folks keep responding do it.... so quick to label? Doug does this shit multiple times a year!

Protect the hive! Protect the hive! Protect the hive!

This didn't just start this generation you know, which is why I hold such disdain for this answer/response session. We go through it too regularly.

And I'm not being quick about it... I just know what's best for all of you. ;)
What the hell? You just admitted to not having read the thread, and yet you continue to display the same ignorance. *boggle*

DarienA

Socreges said:
What the hell? You just admitted to not having read the thread, and yet you continue to display the same ignorance. *boggle*

Where did I say that? Of course I read the thread I'm posting in. What I said was when you see the same pattern over and over again you do tend to group people in to a particular pigeon hole whether it be the correct one or not.

The pattern I was referring to was repeated again in this very thread.

Socreges

Banned
DarienA said:
Where did I say that?
Not in so many words.

What makes me think most are in the dark about this?

The size of this thread and the RE thread... as they relate to the size of the rest of the threads posted today.... pretty much.
If you had read the thread, you might have replied like so:

What makes me think most are in the dark about this?

Because I read the thread.

Of course I read the thread I'm posting in. What I said was when you see the same pattern over and over again you do tend to group people in to a particular pigeon hole whether it be the correct one or not.

The pattern I was referring to was repeated again in this very thread.
A pattern that people contest the supposed legitimacy of his admitted trolls and drag him into debate? Sure, and it'll happen again. People understand the situation. They just don't tolerate it. The "tools" are the one or two people that defended Metroid Prime during the first couple pages. That's the effect that DC is looking for. Not to have his intentions challenged.

DarienA

Socreges said:
If you had read the thread, you might have replied like so:

Please don't make assumptions like this. You might reply the way you posted... that doesn't mean I will...because... you know...we're different people.. inside and out.

A pattern that people contest the supposed legitimacy of his admitted trolls and drag him into debate? Sure, and it'll happen again. People understand the situation. They just don't tolerate it. The "tools" are the one or two people that defended Metroid Prime during the first couple pages. That's the effect that DC is looking for. Not to have his intentions challenged.

Oh Doug's intentions have been challenged many times before, that's nothing new. This thread really is following pretty much hook and ladder following the same general pattern.

Doug trolls Nintendo
Some folks go on the offensive.
Some folks laugh it off.
Some troll/agree with Doug.
Some point out what Doug is doing.
Some then argue with Doug about why he's doing it and why he can and not get in trouble with it, and other's do.
Doug responds.
Same folks don't like his response and respond that they don't believe his posted reason for doing the thread is the real one or some variation thereof.

Digital Underground quote: "All around the world, the same song"

Socreges

Banned
DarienA said:
Please don't make assumptions like this. You might reply the way you posted... that doesn't mean I will...because... you know...we're different people.. inside and out.
Fair enough. You just have a poor way of explaining yourself then.

Oh Doug's intentions have been challenged many times before, that's nothing new. This thread really is following pretty much hook and ladder following the same general pattern.

Doug trolls Nintendo
Some folks go on the offensive.
Some folks laugh it off.
Some troll/agree with Doug.
Some point out what Doug is doing.
Some then argue with Doug about why he's doing it and why he can and not get in trouble with it, and other's do.
Doug responds.
Same folks don't like his response and respond that they don't believe his posted reason for doing the thread is the real one or some variation thereof.

Digital Underground quote: "All around the world, the same song"
Yeah, you just said that. I just said that. Yet this has all stemmed from you initially calling people "tools", which was the base point. It doesn't matter if it happened before. It doesn't matter that it will happen again. The point is a thread like this happens and it snowballs. You get one person who initially protests, DC responds, two replies to that, DC responds, five replies to that, etc. At any given moment in history, something conceiveably dumb could be said by DC that he had said weeks before. And I don't expect people to consider that and not bother. Its actually progressed to the point where the "hive" almost immediately skips the 'defend particular troll' stage and goes straight to challenging the justification. If that's the effect that he's looking for, then he'll always be in for a treat.

DarienA

Socreges said:
Fair enough. You just have a poor way of explaining yourself then.

Ok fine if this makes you sleep better at night. It's all on me. :rolleyes Your preconceived category/notion of how I should explain myself was not satisfied therefore I'm the one with the problem. Gotcha just making sure I understand your position whether I agree with it or not.

Its actually progressed to the point where the "hive" almost immediately skips the 'defend particular troll' stage and goes straight to challenging the justification. If that's the effect that he's looking for, then he'll always be in for a treat.
GAF isn't a democracy is the end statement that eventually finally comes down from the mods. This of course is after the comparisons to other forums, etc.

Cathcart

This is dumb, let's talk about Kirbys.

Facts:
1. Kirbys are mammals.
2. Kirbys fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the Kirby is to flip out and kill people.

Kirbys can kill anyone they want! Kirbys cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this Kirby who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the Kirby killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a Kirby totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

NLB2

Banned
Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
This is the coolest piece of gratuitous name-dropping I've seen in a while, even if I personally don't dare venture past Webern or so. Encore!
I wasn't expecting anybody on this board to know who Berio is. Have you heard his Sinfonia? Its amazingly accesisble, much easier to listen to than Webern.

Top Bottom