• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

Harvey_savg5k3g.gif

The Mets have sent cash, John Buck and Marlon Byrd to the Pirates for 19-year-old Single-A 2B Dilson Herrera and a player to be named later, according to reports from CBS Sports, MLB.com and ESPN New York.

Herrera is playing his first full season in Single-A, where he is batting .265 with a .330 OBP. He’s hit 27 doubles in 109 games, with 11 home run and 11 stolen bases.

Herrera was ranked as the 11th-best prospect in Pittsburgh’s farm system entering 2013.

“While he’s not the biggest guy in the world, he’s shown he can really hit and projects to be an above-average hitter in the future, with more power than you’d expect from a guy his size,” Mayo said in his report. According to Mayo, Herrera is a an above-average runner, who should be able steal bases consistently.

Herrera was the second-youngest player ever to be selected for the MLB Futures Game, which he played in this summer in Citi Field.

“Herrera is a nice get for the Mets,” Baseball America’s Ben Balder said on Twitter. “Good hitter, premium position, solid pop for his size.”

This is gonna be kinda awkward considering tonight's promotion at Citi.

Maxim726X

This is gonna be kinda awkward considering tonight's promotion at Citi.

Sounds about right... There was no point in holding onto Byrd this year. Glad he was dealt.

Better than watching him walk at the end of this year for nothing. Plus, the Mets have a bottom 10 finish to fight for.

Matt den Dekker, Anthony Recker and Robert Carson are expected to be in uniform and available for tonight’s game, ESPN New York reported earlier today.
Den Dekker is the guy who was supposed to be the CF of the future before Lagares dook es jerb. I wonder if we see Den Dekker in CF, Lagares in RF.

I'm shocked the Reds didn't put a claim on Byrd.

Bummed that the Pirates did.
10:30 a.m.: The Pirates, Rangers and Reds had interest in Byrd during July (Cerrone, MetsBlog).

jakncoke

Banned
Why am I an idiot?

Two weeks until Marte can even swing a bat though :/

re-read that. he said harold not harson unless your first name is harold or thats his nickname for you. Also man Marte out that much. Blows. Prob why Pirates felt the need to do that trade to keep us afloat. Thankfully though we are currently 9 games ahead of the dbacks. So its not like we're in trouble just yet, I mean shit its like we're winning all that much lately and still we're 9 ahead of them. I think playoffs are pretty safe. Get everyone back just in time for the playoffs and see what kind of run we can do

harSon

Banned
re-read that. he said harold not harson unless your first name is harold or thats his nickname for you.

I was just joking. My real name is Harold Wilson which is where I devised the name harSon from. Dunno why I decided to capitalize the S, maybe to separate the two Lol?

Also man Marte out that much. Blows. Prob why Pirates felt the need to do that trade to keep us afloat. Thankfully though we are currently 9 games ahead of the dbacks. So its not like we're in trouble just yet, I mean shit its like we're winning all that much lately and still we're 9 ahead of them. I think playoffs are pretty safe. Get everyone back just in time for the playoffs and see what kind of run we can do

And yeah, it does suck. He's been slumping a bit though, so maybe the rest will give him a bit of a spark when he comes back? I'm not too worried but he def picked a horrible time to be out for a decent amount of time. We play STL 6 times and Texas 3x over the duration he's projected to be out. Our offense is shit as it is, so we could def use his bat even though he's slumping haha

harSon

Banned
Actually, I'm trippin' Marte was heating up when he got injured :(

And yeah, Locke needs to be benched if he continues his shit streak tonight. He's basically James McDonald 2.0 right now... The regression has become a liability...

Wait, the Braves haven't played Cleveland since 2007?

Too much racist symbolism for one series to handle

jakncoke

Banned
Actually, I'm trippin' Marte was heating up when he got injured :(

And yeah, Locke needs to be benched if he continues his shit streak tonight. He's basically James McDonald 2.0 right now... The regression has become a liability...

Too much racist symbolism for one series to handle

Replace him with who then? Not like we brimming with options

Edit' I'll never understand why people want to bring their dogs to the game.

Locke last 5 starts

era 7.77
opp ba .381
opp ops .902

holeefuckingturrible

jakncoke

Banned
5 minutes into the game and the bases are loaded. We did get fucked over and some bad luck for him. But still

edit; well 1-0 after no out bases loaded is best case scenario really

https://twitter.com/mattharvey33/status/372464313891848192
Matt Harvey ‏@MattHarvey33
Thank you everyone for the kind words and support, I may be done this year, but I will be back next year for April 1”
wait, what? From what he's saying I don't think he's choosing to have surgery.
In a post for Bleacher Report, injury expert Will Carroll said it’s possible Harvey could chose to pitch with a partially torn UCL, as others have done in the past.

According to Carroll, if Harvey is able to avoid surgery, he should be ready for spring training. However, if he is forced to have Tommy John surgery, he will miss a minimum of 10 months and likely would miss the entire 2014 season

I appreciate his optimism, but he's going to need the surgery.
Chad Billingsley and Takashi Saito pitched years with it. It's a crapshoot silimar to what Jenrry mejia went through, only difference is surgery for Mejia will have him back by Spring Training, Harvey would miss the year.

Top Bottom