• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

jakncoke

Banned
Duke Welker suppose to be the other player. Not sure how a 27 reliever that made his rookie debut for 1.1 inning this year so far is a legit piece to anything lol. So basically we've gotten 3 players to help this year for guys that wouldnt be helping our future. I can deal with that.

Withrow was good to us.Fuck Volquez!
I don't know what they see in Volquez. He's not going to do jack for us. I would've rather just kept Withrow and had Volquez work on his stuff in the minors. I just don't see things going our way if he's pitching relief in the playoffs.

CLUTCH MARK

NomarTyme

I don't know what they see in Volquez. He's not going to do jack for us. I would've rather just kept Withrow and had Volquez work on his stuff in the minors. I just don't see things going our way if he's pitching relief in the playoffs.

CLUTCH MARK

Clutch Mark indeed. I rather have Fife be the Dodgers 5th than Volquez..

they were gonna bring up fife as 6th pitcher to get extra rest but apparently he's been sucking in the minors recently

puig used up all his hits last night

bench him again

Los Angeles Dodgers ‏@Dodgers 48s
#Dodgers today acquired Michael Young and cash considerations from the #Phillies in exchange for Rob Rasmussen.

no withrow.. whew

harSon

Banned
Lynn screaming fuck when he gave a 3 run hr to russel martin would be a great gif

MawKhUb.gif

rando14

dodgers are trying their best to hit $300 million, and here the mariners are sitting on a $30 million payroll for 2014 lol

Meier

Good news.

This dude has played for the Isotopes this season and was 0-7 with a 6.46 ERA and a WHIP of 1.77. :lol I think we'll be okay without him even if he's done better for the Lookouts.

The Rangers signed Young to a 5 yr/$80m deal when he was 32 years old? Sheesh.

The Red Sox have acquired John McDonald and cash considerations from the Phillies in exchange for minor league pitcher Nefi Ogando.

This will be McDonald's fourth team in 2013 and the fourth time he's been traded. He reported to spring training as a member of the Diamondbacks. He was traded to the Pirates on March 20. The Pirates traded him to the Indians on June 10. The Indians traded him to the Phillies on June 27. And now on August 31, the Phillies traded him to the Red Sox.

McDonald is hitting .098/.179/.164 this season in 45 games with the Pirates, Indians, and Phillies.

turnbuckle

Nick Castellanos called up, yeahhhh buudy.

Haha, listening to the game on gameday at work and there was this nice exchange between Dan Dickerson and Jim Price.

Dan Dickerson: Phil Nevin says Nick Castellanos is ready for the big leagues
Jim Price: yeah but he was fired so.....
Dan Dickerson: Um, yeah but he still thinks he's ready...

Sanjuro

The Red Sox have acquired John McDonald and cash considerations from the Phillies in exchange for minor league pitcher Nefi Ogando.

This will be McDonald's fourth team in 2013 and the fourth time he's been traded. He reported to spring training as a member of the Diamondbacks. He was traded to the Pirates on March 20. The Pirates traded him to the Indians on June 10. The Indians traded him to the Phillies on June 27. And now on August 31, the Phillies traded him to the Red Sox.

McDonald is hitting .098/.179/.164 this season in 45 games with the Pirates, Indians, and Phillies.

That means he is due.

Haha, listening to the game on gameday at work and there was this nice exchange between Dan Dickerson and Jim Price.

Dan Dickerson: Phil Nevin says Nick Castellanos is ready for the big leagues
Jim Price: yeah but he was fired so.....
Dan Dickerson: Um, yeah but he still thinks he's ready...

Lmao. I cannot stand Jim Price and his constant chewing but that was good.

"Wow"
"Its the art of pitching"
"Baby!"
-Jim Price radio resume

hopefully he does for what's left in the season, but i still think Cards should try to move him this off-season
I wanted to move him this past offseason but we'd have been screwed this season since our pitching depth evaporated in a hurry. We're looking at something like AW/Shelby/Lynn/Wacha with Kelly, Rosenthal, and Martinez fighting it out for the last spot next year. That's already two spots in the rotation slotted for rookies who will be inconsistent and/or will have an innings limit in place so I don't know if we can afford move Lynn without signing another starting pitcher. And somebody inevitably will get hurt.

Top Bottom