• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

clemenx

Banned
Went to the Yankees game today. Really disappointed at how the ballpark got empty after that 7-run inning by the O's!
Really liked the ballpark though, was in the nosebleeds and I thought it looked perfectly. Had a great time seeing the Yankees fail.

Daniel Murphy plays so much better when he is terrified of losing his job. Since the Mets announced they would use Flores at 2nd base, Murphy is hitting over .450. It's hilarious!

Jesus fucking CHRIST Niese is so lucky Werth didn't hit that ball 600 feet. Wow, what a hanger there. He is truly living dangerously.

EDIT: Now Metkiller Ramos misses a 3-run HR by 5 feet.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd prefer that ESPN just keep pretending the Mets don't exist rather than having to listen to this constant patronization.

Went to the Yankees game today. Really disappointed at how the ballpark got empty after that 7-run inning by the O's!
Really liked the ballpark though, was in the nosebleeds and I thought it looked perfectly. Had a great time seeing the Yankees fail.
U been to Citi?

Meier

Paco is fucking awesome. The fact he's doing this well despite only pitching in 21 games in the minors before being called up is incredible. The Dodgers need to lock him up for a loooong time.

That's pretty amazing that Greinke got his 2nd SB of the year. I wonder what the record is? Probably Rick Ankiel or something.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Don't worry, guys. When the Braves lose in the first round of the playoffs, we'll be waiting for you in the offseason thread.

McNei1y

6.5 games doesn't leave much room for hope but at least it's "interesting" with a few weeks left. Hell, if anything were to happen, now would be the time though. Our schedule is fairly easy in the weeks ahead compared to Cincy's.

This was discussed ad nausem when it happened for months. Votes were cast. The people have spoken. Go back and check the old thread.

What the hell are you talking about? There was a vote for worst choke ever, and the Mets didnt win? Technically the Yankees losing a 3-0 lead in a 7 games series would get my vote, but the Mets would get the regular season award.

For the record, I don't think the Braves are pissing away a 14 game lead with 26 games left.

But I'd rather not see the Nationals squeak in to the Wild Card game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

YankeesOstrollRedsox.gif
garbagecantroll.gif
pushingdeebravesphillies.gif

It was a fun day

Never understood why the Phillies didn't choke that series against the Braves. They would have crushed the Diamondbacks in the NLDS and the Braves would have gotten stuck facing the testosterone monster Ryan Braun.

Although to be fair, Charlie was throwing the fucking AAA Lehigh Valley bullpen at the Braves and they still couldn't beat them.

McNei1y

I remember screaming wen Longoria homered against the yanks. Really was a great day, great thread too

I was doing the exact same thing in every game. The circumstances were perfect. And then the rain delay added to the craziness to make the games finish so close to each other. I have to rifle through my phone's photo album but I remember taking a picture of my Desktop, Laptop, and TV all turned on to separate games. Man, I want another night like that to happen :lol

And Sanjuro's meltdown was pretty funny... sorry Sanjuro.

And then Bud Selig has to screw it up with the 2nd WC. I will never like the 2nd WC.
It's not like that was the norm in the single WC era. Sept/Oct 2011 was a perfect storm of so many factors that fell into place. The odds of something similar happening again in any format are slim no matter what but at least the current setup guarantees an elimination game in each league every season.

Top Bottom